Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-860.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WizSatish (Post 5722193)
Anyone else facing this issue or any leads on where we can get the sparepart in Chennai?

Faced same issue in our facelifted EcoSport (Diesel). The Ford ASC stated the same (the bush being different from prefacelifted EcoSport) but, they added the bush is not available as a child part due to which the gear cables, gear shifter assembly and the gear shifter has to be replaced.
The ASC took a week to make the required parts available.
In my case, ~₹11,400/- was paid off by the extended warranty.

I was informed the same initially and was waiting for the parts. But recently they informed that the bush is now available as a child part but stock isn't available with the dealership and it is on backorder.

I have raised the issue with Ford customer care and awaiting resolution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GautamJ (Post 5723157)
Faced same issue in our facelifted EcoSport (Diesel). The Ford ASC stated the same (the bush being different from prefacelifted EcoSport) but, they added the bush is not available as a child part due to which the gear cables, gear shifter assembly and the gear shifter has to be replaced.
The ASC took a week to make the required parts available.
In my case, ~₹11,400/- was paid off by the extended warranty.

Dear All,

My EcoSport original version 2014 TDCi run nearly 70k has a generally hard clutch for the last 10k + kms.
Need your advise if a clutch replacement is necessary or an overhaul would be good enough. In the last service the service center guys suggested clutch replacement and quoted around 25k, however said it could run some more before it can be done. This was when it was at 62k run.

I am fine to go to an FNG with reliable credentials as well as the Ford service cost seems very high, so please suggest in Bangalore. And if so what would be the cost of clutch replacement including which parts?
And if only overhaul the how much would it cost?

Looking eagerly for your advise as I am planning a trip to Himalayas in May.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 5726454)
Looking eagerly for your advise as I am planning a trip to Himalayas in May.

My 2014 Ecosport diesel clutch replacement happened few months back @1.08L KM after clutch started slipping. Cost was no more than 15K if I remember correctly. Clutch replacement & overhaul is the same thing isn't it ? The new clutch is very light and it took me few days to get used to it.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1.jpg

<Update>
Got a call from Dhruvan Ford yesterday that the part was available and had the bush replaced today. Looks like it has been imported and is expensive for what it is. In comparison, the previous version round bush costed around 500 INR.

The gear shift is much better now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WizSatish (Post 5723350)
I was informed the same initially and was waiting for the parts. But recently they informed that the bush is now available as a child part but stock isn't available with the dealership and it is on backorder.

I have raised the issue with Ford customer care and awaiting resolution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 5729829)
My 2014 Ecosport diesel clutch replacement happened few months back @1.08L KM after clutch started slipping. Cost was no more than 15K if I remember correctly. Clutch replacement & overhaul is the same thing isn't it ? The new clutch is very light and it took me few days to get used to it.

Attachment 2578534

Thanks Sam for the exact information I was looking for. I visited JSP service center and got a quote and they gave an estimate of the following parts list to be changed and the pricing including charges at around 18k

Disc
Clutch plate
Master cylinder
Sleeve cylinder
Gear oil
Brake fluid

Wondering if all this is really required or only the ones you mentioned is just fine. Knowing very well that the dealerships are on a fleecing spree nowadays.

Also did you get your brake pads changed anytime and what would be the parts and costs.

Thanks in advance!

My 2019 Ford Ecosport Titanium has been grounded thanks to a pesky leak in the fuel pipe, identified by the service technicians as a bug bite. Unfortunately, this has become a bigger problem than the bug itself. I ordered the replacement part back in January at Muthoot Ford Calicut, but with Ford exiting India, parts availability seems to be a major hurdle. The service guys keep telling me the part is unavailable, leaving me incredibly anxious about taking the car anywhere. Hopefully, a solution can be found soon, because a car without a proper fuel pipe isn't exactly ideal for running errands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 5735521)
Thanks Sam for the exact information I was looking for. I visited JSP service center and got a quote and they gave an estimate of the following parts list to be changed and the pricing including charges at around 18k

Disc
Clutch plate
Master cylinder
Sleeve cylinder
Gear oil
Brake fluid

Wondering if all this is really required or only the ones you mentioned is just fine. Knowing very well that the dealerships are on a fleecing spree nowadays.

Also did you get your brake pads changed anytime and what would be the parts and costs.

Thanks in advance!

Brake pads are changed whenever the typical squeaking noise takes place. Interval can depend on your driving style and terrain you are driving, but typically you they last for around 30-40K Km for me. If you do not change them on time, the rotors may get damaged and will also need to be replaced. Normally Ford workshop wont skim the rotors so a full replacement is necessary. Fortunately they don't cost much. Go to the link below and calculated expected cost of service, body & mechanical part replacement for your car in your state below:

https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/

Costs are always in line what they are shown, so in case of discrepancy talk with workshop and escalate to Ford if required. 18K is 3K more than what Ford recommends for clutch overhaul.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 5647400)
A few observations I had are:

1. Very clear push-up/down when AC is turned on - when the car is on the move. Which makes me feel that the AC is too powerful for the engine to take.

2. That weird up / down acceleration + jerk when the car is on AC.

3. Not-so-regular movement of tachometer on idling with AC.

I plan to take it to the AC guys to see if they know something here as FASS does not take this to be an issue.

[quote=Samfromindia;5656365]Glad you were able to identify the root cause of the issue at least. [/b]

UPDATE

I do not remember when was the last time I updated here. But I had some eventful December, Jan & Feb and now the car is back at FASS on a problem that I think should be the root cause.

November - December 2023:

While I was preparing myself to leave with the issue, I noticed one more thing along the same lines.

4. After short drives or city drives especially with AC on - I observed that my radiator fan is mostly on High Speed, and then the compressor goes off. In a short time, the Fan goes back to low speed - but in a few seconds, the compressor comes back with a click.

So the jerk is that of the AC compressor going on and off. (my assumption)

5. While I was driving home for the Christmas holidays I had an uneventful drive until about 4 hours of drive till I reached the Wayanad hairpins. While I was preparing to take a steep climb on a curve, dropping down from 3rd gear to 2 within traffic - I felt a very strong power drop. The engine was running on AC, but the car did not have sufficient power to pull the RPMs up. I managed to park off the road, amidst a lot of honking.

I switched off the AC - and kept the car running for another 3-4 minutes and had the radiator fan go off. I started driving and it looked like nothing like this had happened.

FNG at Sulthan Bathery New Indian Service: Presented the car and they did not find anything, but attributed it to the loose accessory belt. Replaced it. - even I was not sure.

Drove back on January, planning to take this to the AC guy. But January and Feb became packed for me because of a family tragedy, where I couldnt spare time to look at it.

Car AC guy in Cochin Automobia, Kakkanad: Fast Forward to March - This Monday I took the car to the AC guys since I am travelling again to Wayanad this weekend and I also have another hill station drive planned shortly.

The AC guys checked the AC functioning since the cooling was on top form - he suspected this to be because of Engine overheating. He wanted me to get the water pump, Thermostat and Radiator checked.

To iron out the resistor which helps the radiator fan switch between speeds, he poured some water into the condenser and we could see the radiator fan moving down from high speed.

FASS Cochin Kairali Ford, Kakkanad: Drove straight to the FASS, and after a day they looked at a pump closer to the Thermostat not heating up enough like it is expected to be after running. I hope the car geeks would understand this scenario better.

They suspect that the thermostat is not pumping sufficient coolant to manage the engine temperature as coolant levels are closer to max.

I feel:

1. My car lost power on the hairpin as the engine heated up after a long drive.
2. I learned that the AC compressor cuts off itself when the engine heats up.

By logic, this should solve it. But I am sad that I had to have the AC guy find it and not the FASS.

I am hoping to get an update today. By the way thermostat and coolant need to be replaced and may come close to 5K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 5662178)
Is it really a 'thud' or just 'tik' sound? Isn't it normal that the compressor turns on and off intermittently for Ford vehicles? Do you notice this at you garage while idling? Didn't that sound exist right from the day of purchase?

Yes it is the compressor going on and off. I started noticing this after June 2023 - post my AC servicing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 5694511)
Now i wish to upgrade fog lights to projector ones since i can't experiment with LED's anymore. Kindly suggest good projector fog light's in a decent budget.

AES Fog Lamps with Projectors and HID. I picked up one back in 2020 and has been using for 4 years now. Procured through BlazeIndia - New Delhi.

Last week one of the lamps went caput, BlazeIndia helped me identify the challenge, and he helped me secure another pair 4300K delivered to Cochin in a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WizSatish (Post 5733375)
The gear shift is much better now.

I had the same shifter bushing going off my car some years back, and they replaced it with that of Ford Figo's bush. It was still there until last year, when Ecosport started getting the same as a baby part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typlo (Post 5681752)
Hi Everyone,

I have an Ecosport (2019) titanium which came with a FlyAudio WinCE 6 headunit. I have managed to run Carplay/Android Auto on the headunit and it is surprisingly smooth. I am using a Carlinkit dongle to do this. There are a few tutorials on YouTube, but all of them involve putting another Chinese app to redirect to the AutoKit app which seemed needlessly complicated to me, so I wrote a simple script using MortScript to launch the AutoKit app on startup and voila. :D

The big pro for this setup is that I did not want to replace the factory headunit and wanted to spend the minimum amount (spent just 2.6k for the Carlinkit adapter). I have the process well documented so if anyone wants to do this on Ecosport/Aspire/Figo that has a FlyAudio unit, let me know. I can make a separate post for this.

Attachment 2545368

Hi typlo, sounds like a great alternative to the Chinese app route. Could you please document the whole process/steps? I also wish to have the same kind of setup. I'm sure there are many EcoSport owners that need such a wonderful solution for their respective beasts.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks,
Darksyde.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 5738968)
Brake pads are changed whenever the typical squeaking noise takes place.
https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/

18K is 3K more than what Ford recommends for clutch overhaul.

Thanks a ton Sam for all your precise inputs. In the meanwhile I got my car's clutch assembly replaced at JSP Ford a few days back and the final bill was 13k only including some campaign discounts. So all good from then. I used your previous inputs as a reference.

On the brakes, I got it checked up again and was told it's still fine. So they did not change anything. Only extra was a transmission bush replacement. For now it's all smooth operations.

Posting this query on behalf of my colleague who owns a 2016 Diesel EcoSport.

I own a 1.09 L km run Ecosport Diesel, maintained at Ford authorised service station throughout.

Presently due for 1.1 L km servicing and I need guidance for the following from esteemed forum:

1. While I have requested Service centre to change manual transmission gear box oil, during my 1.1 L km clutch change, they refused saying that gear oil change is required at around 1.5L km only. When I checked with my FNG, they are also not agreeing about gear oil change.

(a). Is the gear oil required to be changed considering the time of 8yrs.
(b). If yes what brand/make of 75W85 (2.1 lit), as per the manual book is recommended.

2. When is the right time/KM to change the timing belt, damper, idler pulley set.

Request fellow members to kindly share their views on the questions posted above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVector (Post 5742851)
Posting this query on behalf of my colleague who owns a 2016 Diesel EcoSport.

I own a 1.09 L km run Ecosport Diesel, maintained at Ford authorised service station throughout.

Presently due for 1.1 L km servicing and I need guidance for the following from esteemed forum:

1. While I have requested Service centre to change manual transmission gear box oil, during my 1.1 L km clutch change, they refused saying that gear oil change is required at around 1.5L km only. When I checked with my FNG, they are also not agreeing about gear oil change.

(a). Is the gear oil required to be changed considering the time of 8yrs.
(b). If yes what brand/make of 75W85 (2.1 lit), as per the manual book is recommended.

2. When is the right time/KM to change the timing belt, damper, idler pulley set.

Request fellow members to kindly share their views on the questions posted above.

If you pay for a part/service I see no reason the workshop wont do it. You can escalate this with Ford if they don't budge.

There is no official recommendation to change transmission fluid in manual unless required. Details of fluids are shared below.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2.jpg

Ford recommends timing belt change at 100,000 Km or 5Yrs whichever is earlier. Here is a post on the same:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5254558

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitish.h (Post 4197664)
Apologies for the late response.

About the issue, the SA did not seem to have an explanation as to why this might be happening. Checked with a more senior guy and he mentioned that there might be slight signs of clutch wear. However, they told me that it should get better with a bleed. So they performed a clutch bleed. Have driven about 1k Kms post the 50k service, and it looks like it is much better now, although not completely resolved. If I had to quantify it, I'd say the issue is now about 20% of what it used to be before the service.

I'm at 95k kms and having similar problem. Very intermittent sound when shifting into second gear after driving highways for 2 hours or so. Happens only when engine is warm.
Clutch was bled recently after replacing master cylinder and clutch plates are stock.
How is the issue right now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 5675468)
A nice cool mod for the Ecosport. Thanks to the Pune and Bangalore Ecosport owners group for sourcing these indicators.

Attachment 2540505

Link for the indicators please!