Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-852.html)

Gonna hit 10 years with my 2013 ecosport diesel. It's been a fun ride so far (barring the random breakage of door latches). A fully detailed long term review would be nice for her 10th anniversary. She took me to highschool, dental undergraduate school and now my postgrad. (And more girls than i can remember). She has been with me through all my ups and downs and never left me stranded.

I don't know which car could possibly replace it. I've shortlisted the following used cars so far: Octavia, tiguan, slavia/virtus, tucson, bmw 3, merc C, audi q3, mux, xuv700.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taha Mir (Post 5539844)
Gonna hit 10 years with my 2013 ecosport diesel.......
I don't know which car could possibly replace it. I've shortlisted the following used cars so far: Octavia, tiguan, slavia/virtus, tucson, bmw 3, merc C, audi q3, mux, xuv700.

Ecosport as a vehicle (especially in its Diesel avatar) is a very difficult one to replace. Ofcourse, you can get more luxury with money, more of a car with the same, more status when you spend so much, but I am sure the Ecosport will always remain special with its small footprint and capable chassis, toy like city handing and mile crunching capabilities of the oil burner.

Best of luck with the upgrade plans.

Deb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel (Post 5537630)
I definitely would have switched to a new Ecosport had Ford been around.

I was lucky enough to get a 2018 Ecosport S TDCI (BS4) in July 2020 as a pre owned car. Even by today's standards it has everything more than ample space for our family of 4, respectable bootspace (considering segment), excellent build quality (Not only from panels strength POV, but also fitment of interiors as there are no rattles in nearly 5year old car), excellent handling and high speed balance, a FE of 23-24 at permissible highway speeds, excellent NVH and loaded to the brim with features.

In terms of features, I believe Ford went overboard with the S variant with HID Xenon headlamps, Cruise control, an excellent SYNC 3, cruise control with limiter, sunroof, dual tone alloys and more. It still gets some segment redefining features which are absent in hot sellers like Venue such as fog lamps, all illuminated buttons, request sensor on both front doors, a full size spare wheel and tyre, auto wipers, multi color footwell lighting, puddle lamps, split folding rear seats, illuminated glovebox and what not!

Ecosport especially in it's S avatar was an extremely underrated car.

Hi, I am looking to purchase a pre-owned (2nd owner) EcoSport Titanium Dec 2016 registered Petrol DCT. The car has 72000 on the Odometer and has been serviced at Ford Service Centres from the beginning. The customer owner said that he bought the car 4 years back from his friend and has faced no DCT issues till date. He also told me no repair/replacement work has been done on the DCT. Asking Price Rs 5.15 Lacs.

Having read about DCT issues on EcoSport, I wrote to Ford India enquiring about their 10 year / 2.4 Lacs km warranty on DCT gearbox, to which they told me to get in touch with the dealership.

It will be very helpful if current/ex DCT Petrol owners can share their valuable inputs on the deal.

Hi
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a ecosport 2015 diesel and have cloaked 3.12Lacs till date. It's still like it used to be when I first got it. Done Keylong last month, solo, and enjoyed every bit of the trip. Got her new seat covers from Raju at Palika Bhavan, thanks to guidance from team BHP forums.
Will try to share pics here. Recently bought a Taigun, it's good as well but Ecosport is unbeatable! Sad it's discontinued

okay. did you have a warning message like this on the instrument cluster?

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20221119085046.jpg

Love my ecosport tdci 2016. It's done over 1.4L kms, no rattles, still drives beautifully. Recently replaced the clutch, timing belt, wheel bearings, engine mounts, gearbox mounts and tripod bearing. Extremely reasonably priced labour and spares with wide availability. A shame they decided to pack up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECOVW (Post 5543862)
I have a ecosport 2015 diesel and have cloaked 3.12Lacs till date.

Wow that's great, perhaps one of the highest in this forum. Do give your car an interior + exterior detailing to make it looking like new. Waiting for upcoming travelogues of your journeys in this forum :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saminxs (Post 5525838)
Hi guys, I need some suggestion on Front grill for Ford Ecosport. I liked the Raptor grill and hence changed the original EcoSport grill with Raptor kind of grill with lights. In 3 months It broke down from front into pieces for some reason on its own. Assuming someone broke it by mistake unintentionally or may be with intention, I let it pass and replaced it with similar grill but without lights this time. With FORD written in Chrome.

This too broke down on its own from front, this time I am sure no one damaged it and it just came off on its own in 4-5 months. It just breaks from middle.

Can someone suggest a good mechanic/garage or place where I can get similar front grill options in Mumbai.

thanking you guys in advance.

'Can someone form Mumbai, help with this please?
Can someone suggest a good mechanic/garage or place where I can get similar front grill options in Mumbai.

Quote:

Hi
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a ecosport 2015 diesel and have cloaked 3.12Lacs till date. It's still like it used to be when I first got it. Done Keylong last month, solo, and enjoyed every bit of the trip. Got her new seat covers from Raju at Palika Bhavan, thanks to guidance from team BHP forums.
Will try to share pics here. Recently bought a Taigun, it's good as well but Ecosport is unbeatable! Sad it's discontinued

Woww.. Is this for real? 3.12 lacs kms driven vehicle? This triples my confidence on my 2016 Ecosport with 79K on board. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfatwork (Post 5544062)
Love my ecosport tdci 2016. It's done over 1.4L kms, no rattles, still drives beautifully. Recently replaced the clutch, timing belt, wheel bearings, engine mounts, gearbox mounts and tripod bearing. Extremely reasonably priced labour and spares with wide availability. A shame they decided to pack up.

Its not a shame on Ford brother. I feel this is a shame that our people run after features instead of safety and reliability. Our people don't understand that these fancy features are just a gimmick to divert your thinking about safety and sturdy body. We are still ok to purchase a car whose bonnet or door panel will get a dent if we press with our bare hands just because it offers fancy sun roof and audio commands or a big screen. I strongly believe there is a big car mafia who has circulated a myth saying Ford is costly. I hardly used to pay 6K-7K for any service which is almost once an year. In these 6.5 years with 79K on odo, I have never replaced clutch plates, brake pads or any other major parts. Its a shame our people rejected Ford.

Quote:

Hi
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a ecosport 2015 diesel and have cloaked 3.12Lacs till date.

I am curious to see the pics brother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 5544187)
Wow that's great, perhaps one of the highest in this forum. Do give your car an interior + exterior detailing to make it looking like new. Waiting for upcoming travelogues of your journeys in this forum :)

Hi
Yes, done new seat covers, ambient lights, footmats, window screens, leather steering cover and touch up paint work. Chrome on inside panels had come out probably owing to those hanging air freshners, godrej etc. Took an entire day but it's fresh now. BTW Raju turned out to be quite expensive at palika bhawan in Delhi. Seat covers costed me 12k and 2 for steering. But work done is excellent. Will share pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel (Post 5546041)
I am curious to see the pics brother.

Have done Mumbai, Nainitaal, Almora, shimla, manali, jaisalmer, udaipur Dharamsala, Dalhousie, Agra, Kanpur etc, all from Delhi. And not once.
It never upset me, no breakdown, no major issues. Only once AC gave up but the local mechanic quickly replaced some IC and it was resolved.
Will share pics soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECOVW (Post 5546055)
Have done Mumbai, Nainitaal, Almora, shimla, manali, jaisalmer, udaipur Dharamsala, Dalhousie, Agra, Kanpur etc, all from Delhi. And not once.
It never upset me, no breakdown, no major issues. Only once AC gave up but the local mechanic quickly replaced some IC and it was resolved.
Will share pics soon

This is the job done recently. The side armrest was also redone with leatherette finish . And white led lights in cabin instead of yellow

Guys, planning to pick up Dragon AT, q query for the owners. Since there is no Autohold function, in signals or stop-go traffic, can the car be put in P mode or N+handbrake. I am used to EPB in Compass (my other car), im wondering if this would be an inconvenience.

Guys any suggestions for a 3d type mat for ecosport 2016 model? Also any after market touchscreen system which works well with existing buttons. I am looking to pamper the car since can't find any car worth upgrading to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECOVW (Post 5546322)
This is the job done recently. The side armrest was also redone with leatherette finish . And white led lights in cabin instead of yellow

Thanks for the details. Can I know which brand detailing have you done? Also, I am from Bangalore and can anyone suggest a good interior cleaning in Bangalore please.