Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2015, 23:43   #1696
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
I would hands down recommend the supplier. Andrey is his name and www.skodadop.com is where you can get this stuff. Best part is all the products I received, except for the faux immitation exhaust which are manufactured by Milotec, are genuine Skoda parts. I got the TSI badge, the Steering and a Skoda Octavia Scale model, all genuine Skoda stuff. 100% great site to shop from and excellent customer service.

Before this I tried getting the same stuff from car equipment website but horrible service and they dont have stock of what they show on their website.

Installed the ex myself. Childs play. Will go to Satnam auto later when the skoda guy comes to get the wheel installed as I have conversed with Skoda and they say as long as its genuine, no lapse of warranty. So even though its a plug and play wheel, will have it installed at their workshop in the presence of a Skoda Tech.
That looks beautiful!

Would you mind sharing the cost and the shipping experience, especially customs?
Old 29th April 2015, 12:12   #1697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure how true this is but the Skoda dealer in Bangalore (Tafe), just informed me that the Zeal edition has now been stopped.

They don't have any Octavia Zeal editions and maybe able to get a Superb Zeal edition available in stock.

They were limited edition and are now no longer available.
Is there any update ? Can anyone confirm this news ? If it is true, then it is quite surprising.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:26   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
That looks beautiful!

Would you mind sharing the cost and the shipping experience, especially customs?
I had four items in the mail totalling to about 400 Euros for which the customs charged 4k. No issues at all during the whole procedure. Shipping came with live tracking. Postman delivered it to my door.

Here's a better pic of the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150429_1151141.jpg  

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 29th April 2015 at 12:29.
kapiljolly79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 13:54   #1699
BHPian

Here is a picture of the wheel installed. Went to Satnam Auto and the staff was very courteous and installed it within no time.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150430_132212.jpg  

kapiljolly79 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 16:17   #1700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is a picture of the wheel installed. Went to Satnam Auto and the staff was very courteous and installed it within no time.
Looks nice! How come you have a black dash? Is yours the Zeal edition? More pics please of the seats and dash.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:31   #1701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks nice! How come you have a black dash? Is yours the Zeal edition?
Quote:
Finally got my 1.8Tsi Zeal Edition yesterday.
He has posted a few snaps on that^ post Viddy. Do have a look.

The flat bottom steering with the red stitching and paddles looks absolutely killer! And great VFM too knowing that you can plonk in the stock steering airbag into it.

I wonder what is preventing Skoda (and VW) from selling these as aftermarket add-ons! I am sure a lot of folks would have gladly opted for these while finalising their car.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:45   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Looks nice! How come you have a black dash? Is yours the Zeal edition? More pics please of the seats and dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
He has posted a few snaps on that^ post Viddy. Do have a look.

The flat bottom steering with the red stitching and paddles looks absolutely killer! And great VFM too knowing that you can plonk in the stock steering airbag into it.

I wonder what is preventing Skoda (and VW) from selling these as aftermarket add-ons! I am sure a lot of folks would have gladly opted for these while finalising their car.
Yes Vid. I got the Zeal 1.8tsi. Strangely many people ask me the same, ofcourse they dont know about the zeal edition on offer, so I get off by saying its a limited edition. Especially because of the small tit bit addons that make it look a lot more desirable.

Had a nail in the tyre and when the tyre shop guys saw my car, he asked me twice "yeh Skoda hai? Logo dekha to laga, nahi to bilkul nahi lagta skoda. Bohot achi banayi hai".

Thanks Gannu. Im considering getting a red vinyl strip run across the lower part of the top dash, where the top meets the ac louvers, that step to match the red stitching. Will also run it across the door line. Just a thought. Lets see how it looks when I do a test fit with some red masking tape at home.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:03   #1703
Team-BHP Support

Does the 1.8 TSI or the Zeal edition come with the stainless steel pedals with the rubber inserts? You should get that sometime. Along with that steering, Alcantara seats and the all black innards, this would definitely add to the sportiness of the car IMO.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-816583g7pedalierdsg.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-5e10642051.jpg
Source: Internet

The same pedals are used in the new Golf as well. Kapil, why don't you start an ownership thread with plenty of snaps and a report, time (among other things) permitting?
Old 30th April 2015, 17:42   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Does the 1.8 TSI or the Zeal edition come with the stainless steel pedals with the rubber inserts? You should get that sometime. Along with that steering, Alcantara seats and the all black innards, this would definitely add to the sportiness of the car IMO.

The same pedals are used in the new Golf as well. Kapil, why don't you start an ownership thread with plenty of snaps and a report, time (among other things) permitting?

True that. It does add to the finishing of the puzzle. Will consider it in my next buy. For now Ive put one of my cousins on the hunt for a used/salvaged 6.5 inch bolero unit with mirror link at a wreckers yard in Australia. Lets see what comes through.

I dont think I may have enough time to do the ownership thread but will think it over. Car has clocked 2000 plus in 20 days which makes me enter diesel owner territory. lol

Will definitely start taking more pictures with time stamps for the thread anyway incase I decide on giving it a go.
Old 30th April 2015, 17:53   #1705
Team-BHP Support

In addition to the above suggestions, do consider doing something about the wood inserts. They look seriously out of place in the all black interior, especially given the sporty-theme you're going for.
Old 30th April 2015, 18:01   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
In addition to the above suggestions, do consider doing something about the wood inserts. They look seriously out of place in the all black interior, especially given the sporty-theme you're going for.
Vinyl wrap is the only option. The center console die cut vinyl will soon be available on aliexpress, will then go for the matte silver theme on door trims also. Have that preplanned amongst also changing the rear bumper reflectors to LED ones. Have asked the guy who makes them and they say they will launch it soon. So waiting....
kapiljolly79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 16:45   #1707
BHPian

The A7 Octy in its Avatar form. 1:43
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150501_162526.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150501_162353.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150501_162308.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150501_162325.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150501_162435.jpg  

kapiljolly79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 18:08   #1708
Senior - BHPian

That Zeal edition looks brilliant! The car looks like its from Europe. Love the new steering as well.

Congrats and have a lot of happy miles.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:05   #1709
BHPian

Hi all,

Got my Rio Red Octy TSI 3 weeks back. Loving it so far though facing some small issues compared to my earlier car - none other than the Laura. Will be posting a detailed initial review in a week or so, but for now wanted to inquire which would be the best alternate tyres for this car? The stock Goodyears are really really pathetic. I had installed Michelin Primacy 3's on my Laura and they were miles and miles above the Goodyears that were there before them.

However, have seen people talk abut the P7 on this forum. Is there a comparo of the Michelins versus the Pirellis? What is the best alternate tyres set for the Octavia? Key thing being stability (the car should feel like its been superglued to the road), comfort (absorb all potholes) and zero noise.

Also, if I am to upgrade sizes, what would be the best upgrade to the standard 205/55/16 without it impacting anything in the car?

Look forward to your responses.

Last edited by kgkaran : 3rd May 2015 at 18:07.
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:39   #1710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
Hi all,

Got my Rio Red Octy TSI 3 weeks back. Loving it so far though facing some small issues compared to my earlier car - none other than the Laura. Will be posting a detailed initial review in a week or so, but for now wanted to inquire which would be the best alternate tyres for this car? The stock Goodyears are really really pathetic. I had installed Michelin Primacy 3's on my Laura and they were miles and miles above the Goodyears that were there before them.

However, have seen people talk abut the P7 on this forum. Is there a comparo of the Michelins versus the Pirellis? What is the best alternate tyres set for the Octavia? Key thing being stability (the car should feel like its been superglued to the road), comfort (absorb all potholes) and zero noise.

Also, if I am to upgrade sizes, what would be the best upgrade to the standard 205/55/16 without it impacting anything in the car?

Look forward to your responses.
Since it is a TSI you can consider 225/50 R16 which will give you loads of extra grip, and make the steering a little heavier with better feel. I think Primacy 3ST is available in that size, so that is what you should get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks