Team-BHP - Nissan Terrano : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Terrano : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/142751-nissan-terrano-official-review-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3283672)

It will only push the cost of the petrol turbo charged variant upwards, like the EcoSport Ecoboost variant (s). But, nonetheless it will attract few buyers who do not mind paying for advanced tech.

I believe the new engine might come as a top of the line RXZ variant that will be an enthusiasts car. The peak torque at low RPM is a great combo for petrol.

Great review and comprehensive comparisons with the competition as well , terrano disappoints in certain departments , its pricey , no climate control , uneven panel gaps . All these are not wanted in a million rupee car. Hope terrano does not have the braking issues as the Sunny has .

There has been an uninformed delay in the delivery of my vehicle after the down-payment cheques were cashed by the dealer. :Frustrati Today when I called the Sales manager at Queens road I was shocked to hear that there would be a delay of another 1-month (or more) in the delivery date. The dealer had already gone back from his commitment to deliver the vehicle Pre-Diwali to Post-Diwali. And now I get this news that the date is indefinite as there is no availability of the specified vehicle.

:deadhorse

Hey guys,
The new facelifted dacia/renault duster seems to look better both from inside and outside.

Differences.
1.headlams
2.tail lamps
3.skid plate s
4.roof rails with logo.
5.minor changes in cabin.
6.much better alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3286217)
Hey guys,
The new facelifted dacia/renault duster seems to look better both from inside and outside.

True, but it might not come to India anytime sooner. Might be by end of 2014 or early 2015. Renault can not be that insensitive to Terrano.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3286225)
True, but it might not come to India anytime sooner. Might be by end of 2014 or early 2015. Renault can not be that insensitive to Terrano.

Hey,
Just saw your thread.
Nicely scripted:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by anil_neo (Post 3285910)
There has been an uninformed delay in the delivery of my vehicle after the down-payment cheques were cashed by the dealer. :Frustrati Today when I called the Sales manager at Queens road I was shocked to hear that there would be a delay of another 1-month (or more) in the delivery date. The dealer had already gone back from his commitment to deliver the vehicle Pre-Diwali to Post-Diwali. And now I get this news that the date is indefinite as there is no availability of the specified vehicle.

:deadhorse

You are lucky. Seriously. Your dealer has just cached your down payment cheque, my Duster dealer has completely taken *all* my money and not provided a firm delivery date. Looks like Renault/Nissan believe I taking their customers for a ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar (Post 3286280)
You are lucky. Seriously. Your dealer has just cached your down payment cheque, my Duster dealer has completely taken *all* my money and not provided a firm delivery date. Looks like Renault/Nissan believe I taking their customers for a ride.

Not sure why the payment was made without getting the VIN. A VIN from the dealer would confirm that the manufacturing is done and allocated to you and the least is the waiting period for the transit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansvk (Post 3286342)
Not sure why the payment was made without getting the VIN. A VIN from the dealer would confirm that the manufacturing is done and allocated to you and the least is the waiting period for the transit.

I was informed by the dealer that I need to make full payment and until then vehicle won't be manufactured. I had asked for confirmation from this forum but got only one reply which said that this was normal procedure.

Actually my bad for not doing due diligence and the fact that dealer promised delivery within 10 days of booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar (Post 3286715)
Actually my bad for not doing due diligence and the fact that dealer promised delivery within 10 days of booking.

This is dealer issue. Do complain to Nissan about this. It will be interesting to note their response. The dealer has wronged by making false promise.

If Nissan is serious, the dealer will face the heat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar (Post 3286715)
I was informed by the dealer that I need to make full payment and until then vehicle won't be manufactured.

That is a load of bull poop! He sounds more like a real-estate builder than a vehicle dealer :) Could you name the franchise please? Also hope you have raised a complain directly with Renault.

Any Ownership threads BHPians ?, Bring them on .

Need to make a decision soon but just dont want to take the plunge till someone else posts the ownership thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maanspeedo (Post 3286826)
Any Ownership threads BHPians ?, Bring them on .

Need to make a decision soon but just dont want to take the plunge till someone else posts the ownership thread :)

I believe he mentioned "my Duster dealer" somewhere in the post

Quote:

Originally Posted by anil_neo (Post 3286766)
That is a load of bull poop! He sounds more like a real-estate builder than a vehicle dealer :) Could you name the franchise please? Also hope you have raised a complain directly with Renault.

Who else but Renault Whitefield.

Complaining directly to Renault does *not* help. I have two long email threads with Renault customer care that proves it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3286225)

As per local Renault dealer here it could be launched any time between March - April 2014.

It will be showcased at 2014 Delhi Auto Expo.

Additional features : DRLs, Cruise control, Electronic stability control (ESC).