Team-BHP - Nissan Terrano : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Terrano : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/142751-nissan-terrano-official-review-2.html)

Thanks for the wonderful review!

The car does look stunning, but it lacks some of the features of the top end Duster, mainly ACC, high end music system etc. That too after hiking the price.

As rightly pointed out, at a price point above the already highly priced Duster, will this one fly?

Add to it the poor sales network of Nissan. Had gone to a showroom in Bangalore last week. The salesmen were least interested in attending to us. Felt disappointed and walked out. The same dealership scheduled 3 appointments for an Evalia test drive and did not turn up each time. :Frustrati

All the best Nissan! But make sure more people like me dont walk out of your showrooms, vowing not to return.

From the pics, the front of the Terrano resembles a boxer with a couple of missing tooth. I can't bring myself to get over that ... the Duster's front is much better. I hope the front looks better in person, or else there will continue to be no competition to the Ecosport.

Thanks for the wonderful review! As always, its interesting to see how much scrutiny you guys do on each car you review. Not going to buy either at the moment, but still I think the pricing department has gone nuts with the top-end version. But, we'll still stand in queue to get the SUV, right? :)

With the Rear Blower in place is the rear bench a true 5 seater? Compared to the EcoSport i.e. ? Though the seats are wider in the Terrano / Duster the centre intrusion of the Ac Blower along with raised transmission tunnel section seems to make this too a 4 seater for all practical purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia (Post 3261149)
the official Terrano site, under features, states that the spare wheel isnt an alloy.

Thanks for pointing that out! Strange.

The review has been corrected.

Fantastic review as usual.

I have a doubt about the spare being an alloy wheel. On the Nissanterrano.in website, under key features > exterior it has been explicitly mentioned Diamond Cut 16" Machined Alloy Wheels (Excluding Spare wheels).

Is it possible that the test car had alloy wheels in the spare but the actual production cars wont be coming with the alloys?

In either case, the Terrano is definitely a better looker than its sibling and will garner some interest among Quasi-SUV lovers. Renault will take a hit as the next month Duster sales chart will show.

EDIT : Just read a similar post above for the alloys. So Terrano's price doesn't justify an alloy for the spare? It should have been included considering they removed the steering mounted audio controls.

Thanks for the detailed review. I see that Terrano weighs 100kg more than duster. This 100kg addition goes for metal sheet thickness? I feel Terrano is anyday a better pick to Duster. I am expecting discounts in another 3-4 months so that the price difference with Duster gets marginal.

P.S: A small feedback. Somehow i feel the photos have too much post-processing. Idea is that it should not be evident.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Fantastic review Aditya, Terrano does look more appealing compared to the dull and uninspiring looks of Duster. Somehow felt that they should have launched this in AWD or 4 WD (option) instead of just the 2 WD. Not quite sure if this might take away some sheen from the ford ecosports.

Rating it a ***** for the detailed review.

Terrano has already found 6,000 bookings across India and a waiting period of 2 months!

Source:IAB

Outstanding review & comparison with the Duster & EcoSport! So many pictures! Nissan themselves couldn't have covered their own vehicle in such an exhaustive level of detail!

Coming to the car, I somehow don't see this setting fire to the sales charts. Priced a bit too optimistically, I think.
Top end diesel is 12.4 ex-showroom. Coupled with the other ancillaries, it should come close to 14 I guess. That is way too much IMO.

Fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.
Wonder why they can't spend a bit more making the interiors better, when everyone knew the sore point about the Duster was the interiors. Really sad Renault-Nissan.

The Terrano is heavier to Duster by 100 Kilo's. So i believe the Terrano has thicker sheet metal than Duster. Wonder how much effect this has on drivability,performance and FE.
Also i am predicting Terrano to rake in decent numbers for Nissan, might eat into Duster's RXZ market share. Afterall it is launched in a country which is obsessed with 3 letters-"SUV" :D

Disappointed with the car. At-least, Nissan should have learned from the feedback from Duster. A few gimmicks here and there doesn't justify a price going northwards.
The panel gaps and fitting seem to be done in a lot of hurry. It will definitely put a lot of customers off.

As usual, a great review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourav9385 (Post 3261239)
Outstanding review & comparison with the Duster & EcoSport! So many pictures! Nissan themselves couldn't have covered their own vehicle in such an exhaustive level of detail!

Very true indeed. And, in line with all other official reviews. TBHP does more marketing for these auto makers than themselves.

Quote:

Coming to the car, I somehow don't see this setting fire to the sales charts. Priced a bit too optimistically, I think.
Top end diesel is 12.4 ex-showroom. Coupled with the other ancillaries, it should come close to 14 I guess. That is way too much IMO.

Well said. Yet, the market often throws surprises. The pricing isn't exorbitantly high compared to the Duster & the Duster is selling like a hot cake for months now. An XUV500 always makes more sense compared to these two siblings' 110 PS variant. Unless the buyer has a tiny parking slot. Yet, there are a lot more RxZ110 Dusters on road compared to XUV500 W6s.

Any guess about how much the anticipated Duster 4x4 will cost now?

Quote:

Fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.
Wonder why they can't spend a bit more making the interiors better, when everyone knew the sore point about the Duster was the interiors. Really sad Renault-Nissan.

Agreed again. I was surprised to see the official review carrying lines from the Duster review about the fit and finish & interior quality. Within the same price bracket, Tata and M&M make Safari Storme & XUV500 (comparing the RxZ here). I don't believe the Duster / Terrano quality is leaps and bounds ahead anymore. Not to mention the flip side - difference in the sheet metal thickness.

Good review Aditya.

Would you please explain more on the difference in sheet of metal used in terrano vs duster. Any difference in kerb weights of both vechicles?

Also, regarding paint used, is the paint of Nissan's completly different from those of duster's water based paints (something... dont remember the exact name) ?

I see some points are copied from duster review, and some have been just rephrased. :)

Superb review!
But yeah, Nissan shouldve done much much much better than this to woo customers off from the Ecosport.
Age old interior designs with clear indications of cost cutting, exteriors are not half as appealing as the Ecosport, and the bundle of features the Ecosport offers are countless compared to Terrano.
Really Disappointed :(