Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-43.html)

@avdesh15 we have booked a petrol City V MT, Carnelian Red. The SA said delivery will be by March. He even showed a message which said they were happy to announce that petrol city will be delivered in March(I don't know who sent it though). And they were happy to announce it:Frustrati We have to wait for a good 3 months to get our hands on our car. It's kind of frustrating.

Has anybody taken delivery at Bangalore? I haven't spotted even a single New City on road !

My SA at Dakshin Honda had told me a week back that my car is already in the yard and I can take delivery as soon as I pay the full amount. Now, I have the DD ready and he tells me that the car is yet to come :Shockked:
Not very professional I must say.
There seems to be some language barrier between us, as I find it very hard to convey anything to him properly. He can only speak Tamil fluently, and just a smattering of all other languages. I never thought a Honda dealer would be so indifferent and oblivious to the legacy that he is representing and employ somebody who can't even communicate properly.
When I promptly expressed my displeasure over this false information, the SA spoke to his manager and told me that he will give the car by the end of this week. And when I asked him how did it become possible now, he told me that he will be giving a car that is allotted to some one else! What is wrong with you Honda!

How long does it normally take to get the car registered? I am being told here that it will take 4-5 days. Is it so?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyahr (Post 3351327)
Has anybody taken delivery at Bangalore? I haven't spotted even a single New City on road !

My SA at Dakshin Honda had told me a week back that my car is already in the yard and I can take delivery as soon as I pay the full amount. Now, I have the DD ready and he tells me that the car is yet to come :Shockked:
Not very professional I must say.
There seems to be some language barrier between us, as I find it very hard to convey anything to him properly.

How long does it normally take to get the car registered? I am being told here that it will take 4-5 days. Is it so?

I have also had a very poor experience with Dakshin Honda. The SA was so indifferent and lacking in knowledge that I walked out after a few harsh words. Normally I am an extremely patient person.

Registration takes only one day. If you finish payment today, registration can be done tomorrow and you can take delivery the day after. That was my experience during purchase of my vento

Quote:

....When I promptly expressed my displeasure over this false information, the SA spoke to his manager and told me that he will give the car by the end of this week. And when I asked him how did it become possible now, he told me that he will be giving a car that is allotted to some one else! What is wrong with you Honda! How long does it normally take to get the car registered? I am being told here that it will take 4-5 days. Is it so?

I had similar experience with another dealer when I bought my Thar. I wanted the vehicle in a hurry as I had decided to gift the Thar to my dad (decided just 4 days before his b'day). I live abroad, and my trip to India was planned in haste. All the discussions with the SA happened on phone 4 days before my departure.

Day1: First the SA said I have to wait for 2 months, then seeing my urgency he tried to sell me a black one. I was only interested in red. So finally the SA agreed to give me a red Thar if I made the payment by next day. I agreed, but asked him the same question "how is the red Thar available all of a sudden when it was not available 5 mins ago!!!". He said "another customer is still busy arranging for his finances, I will "allot" him another one!". I agreed and asked him to send a quotation.
Day2: I made the payment in full
Day3: vehicle was registered (temp. regn, as I did not want a bangalore registration) along with insurance
Day4: I reached Bangalore at 7:00. Showroom opened at 9:00. The vehicle was delivered by 9:45 am!!! I had the possibility to take the delivery on day 3 around 8:00 pm.
I know I snatched someone else's dream(sorry)! But I was impressed with how smoothly the paperwork was done and the vehicle was delivered on time. Money speaks (unfortunately)! I'm sure this is happening in all showrooms across India (don't agree with this even if I benefited from this!)
So, to answer your question, in 2-3 days it must be possible if the dealer is willing.

Honda City the best sedan on road in its class. Nothing can beat Honda car's. I own an i-vtec. Its been 3 wonderful years no problems at all. I'm super happy with it. The only thing that worries me is the ground clearance. All in all once you drive a Honda vehicle you won't like driving any other. Honda rules in all aspects comfort, smooth ride, effortless drive, just amazing. Love my Honda city.

I TD the Honda City at both Magnum Honda and Dakshin Honda. I had done a pre-booking at Dakshin Honda in November 2013. My AL has been approved and I am making the balance downpayment tomorrow - the SA as said he will deliver the car during the next week.

Dakshin Honda messaging has not been consistent. Initially they said they will start deliveries from 1st week of Feb. Now he says Car is in Stock Yard and it will be delivered within a week of payment. Is it safe to trust and proceed?

Magnum Honda guys seemed better, they clearly stated they would start from 22-Jan and I read a note in the papers today that they have done a Bangalore Launch and started deliveries.

But I am also curious to know if anyone has already received their Car in Bangalore?

Quote:

================

In the Honda City review on the Car and Bike show, SVP spoke about a flaw. When he turned ON the head lights, the display of AC touch screen control and 5" display both dimmed out significantly. Did anyone notice this?

Watch the following video and jump to 5:45mins in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5cjfkmFKaY

[quote=damager21;3352113]In the Honda City review on the Car and Bike show, SVP spoke about a flaw. When he turned ON the head lights, the display of AC touch screen control and 5" display both dimmed out significantly. Did anyone notice this?

Watch the following video and jump to 5:45mins in the videoQUOTE]

Is it because of auto dimming at night?

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3352113)
When he turned ON the head lights, the display of AC touch screen control and 5" display both dimmed out significantly.

I have noticed a similar thing happen in my friends 2011 Toyota Fortuner as well.
I will try and take a video of the same when i meet him next time. He showed it to the service center and they said its normal.

Quote:

In the Honda City review on the Car and Bike show, SVP spoke about a flaw. When he turned ON the head lights, the display of AC touch screen control and 5" display both dimmed out significantly. Did anyone notice this?

I think it may not be a flaw, infact it could be a feature to enhance the night driving experience by lowering the cabin light intensity when the headlight turned on. May be I am wrong .

Quote:

Watch the following video and jump to 5:45mins in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5cjfkmFKaY

This happens in my Fortuner as well. The car understands that night time has fallen and to increase comfort for the occupants the lightning of panels is reduced.

There is however a knob on the corner that allows to increase the light on the panel if you feel that the light is too dimmed.

I have booked the city as well and this is a great feature which thanks to you, I now know.

The interior illumination doesn't dim out automatically at night. It is wired to the headlights. If the headlights turn on, the interiors get dimmed out. It's there in many cars these days.

If the car has auto headlamps then it appears to dim out as soon as it is dark but it's only because the headlamps have turned on automatically.

It's certainly a flaw and Honda hasn't taken a notice of this minor detail. I had seen the video review some weeks ago and remember that it could be reconfigured (how I don't know!) and if I'm not wrong the show names another automaker who rectified this issue.
If it can't be reconfigured then certainly this is an irritant while you drive during the day with headlights ON (for example on a misty morning).
Good thought from Honda to include this feature, but haven't executed it to perfection!

Two days back, i had the opportunity to visit Olympia Honda in Chennai. This was to check out the New Honda City Diesel for my close friend. He was looking to buy the top end Oil Burner.

The car is very good and the engine has a good grunt. It is loaded with good features and a few innovative ones, like the three angled rear reverse camera; the car does not lock/boot does not close when the car's keys are inside, etc.

My friend liked the car very much and booked a Silver VX with accessories (50 K worth). The delivery period was quoted at six weeks. But as my friend needed the car immediately, i had to pull a few strings. The car in their warehouse (on the third/fourth floor) was immediately allotted and delivery will be made tomorrow.

Olympia Honda was the first Honda Showroom i ever visited and i was pretty impressed, thanks to their Sales Person, Mr. Murali. The ASM Mr. Venkat, who was on leave that day, provided a lot of help over the telephone.

Kudos to all the Honda City owners on Team-BHP. You got yourself a great car.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eq24 (Post 3352165)
There is however a knob on the corner that allows to increase the light on the panel if you feel that the light is too dimmed.
I have booked the city as well and this is a great feature which thanks to you, I now know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3352185)
If the headlights turn on, the interiors get dimmed out. It's there in many cars these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryogesh (Post 3352202)
It's certainly a flaw and Honda hasn't taken a notice of this minor detail. I had seen the video review some weeks ago and remember that it could be reconfigured (how I don't know!) and if I'm not wrong the show names another automaker who rectified this issue.
If it can't be reconfigured then certainly this is an irritant while you drive during the day with headlights ON (for example on a misty morning).
Good thought from Honda to include this feature, but haven't executed it to perfection!

This dimming of interior lighting is an amazingly useful feature which takes away the uneasy glare during night drives.
It is very easy to configure. If one donot want the dimming, we can have the same brightness set for for both day and night.

Attaching the relevant pictures from GTO's review for easy reference.