Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-honda-city-official-review-109.html)

Rocketscience 14th April 2014 19:30

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3413095)
Interesting, that is in fact the lowest we have heard on this Forum for the Diesel City. Did you upgrade tyres and to what spec? You may want to report the low mileage during the first service.


I've upgraded to 205 50 r16 yokohama r1s (have posted pictures in this thread too) , also autocar india reports 14.2 km/l in city driving conditions (the magazine is based in mumbai so i guess this is what the car gives in extreme traffic conditions).

rajivn 14th April 2014 19:44

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3413119)
I've upgraded to 205 50 r16 yokohama r1s (have posted pictures in this thread too) , also autocar india reports 14.2 km/l in city driving conditions (the magazine is based in mumbai so i guess this is what the car gives in extreme traffic conditions).

The lowest my i-DTEC has returned is 17.5kmpl and I run on 195s Michelin tyres. I am talking about B2B traffic with A/C on.

RavenAvi 14th April 2014 19:48

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
1 Attachment(s)

Inside city, with AC on all the time.

I rest my case.

hatzim 14th April 2014 19:48

So my overall average has crept up to 16.5 today. Realtime average during the trip kept hovering around 20 or so. The car drives very well in 5th gear and 6th is great too at around 70 or so. I think a little bit of learning the transmission can give you great results.

I was hooked on the green halo and the realtime numbers, very distracting I must say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3413140)

Inside city, with AC on all the time.

I rest my case.

Have you upsized your tyres or using stock tyres? I was in fact able to get only 15 with the stock tyres during the first couple of days, but like I said before I was mostly driving up to the 3rd gear and not higher.

Sanoop.Patteri 14th April 2014 20:31

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3413095)
Interesting, that is in fact the lowest we have heard on this Forum for the Diesel City. Did you upgrade tyres and to what spec? You may want to report the low mileage during the first service.


I guess the confusion is only w.r.t. to the FE figures for the diesel. Everyone has consistently reported lower numbers for the i-VTEC


This is my I-VTEC numbers in Chennai traffic. I have now done close to 800Kms and the numbers are still around 12.

Attachment 1230206

Overall I am very much happy with the car except couple of things started bothering me recently.

The noise level is high especially when I drive through the rough/cement road above 30 km speed, I am not sure if it has to do with the 175 tyres.

Sometimes I hear grinding noise whilst travelling in normal speed. I am still not sure whether it's from the engine cabin or from the axle as it does not stay for a long though. Hopefully this should get addressed in the first service.

vsrivatsa 14th April 2014 21:21

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3413119)
I've upgraded to 205 50 r16 yokohama r1s (have posted pictures in this thread too) , also autocar india reports 14.2 km/l in city driving conditions (the magazine is based in mumbai so i guess this is what the car gives in extreme traffic conditions).

I guess 205/50R16 is definitely having some impact on the FE. Do report your Highway FE figures also once you get a chance to do some highway runs. If we assume the impact of larger tyre to be about 1.2 kmpl, then your reading also goes to 16 kmpl :D

And yes, I do remember reading that article.

Thanks to all the others who replied with their FE numbers :)

RavenAvi 14th April 2014 21:54

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzim (Post 3413152)
Have you upsized your tyres or using stock tyres? I was in fact able to get only 15 with the stock tyres during the first couple of days, but like I said before I was mostly driving up to the 3rd gear and not higher.

Stock GT3s.

(for the i-DTEC owners only)

The key to opening the engine properly during the run-in period is to ensure it runs in all gears at the optimum RPMs, and to redline it occasionally in every gear (if you can) after the first 500 kms.

Idling in the mornings AND after reaching back home is imperative as well, for at least 30 seconds, if not more.

Drive with a light foot as much as possible. The ECU is calibrated in such a way that the car moves without any throttle input in all the gears. Ensure that you maintain 30-ish speeds in the 3rd gear and 40-ish speeds in the 4th, inside city. Easy to do that without touching the accelerator.

Avoid frequent gearshifts. Give time to the engine to adjust itself to the speeds.

3rd and 4th are the best for in-city pottering, 2nd is good enough for B2B traffic. No need to downshift to 1st from a standstill position/crossing a speed-breaker, especially if the stop is not more than a few seconds.

Use the ACC to attain the "LO" (18) chill inside the cabin in the beginning before you drive off (after proper ventilation), then set the temperature according to your requirements. Usually 25C is the recommended optimum.

Don't lug the engine too much either in the lower gears or in the top 2 gears.

Good luck.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3409704

outdoorlover 14th April 2014 22:29

I have done 1588 km on my VX CVT and my FE shows an average of 11.5 kmpl

neel911 15th April 2014 10:17

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3413271)
I have done 1588 km on my VX CVT and my FE shows an average of 11.5 kmpl

When quoting FE, please do share the driving style, city/highway driving split and other details.

For me, this is what I see on my SV CVT (clocked about 600km) and AC always at 19/20 degrees Auto Climate) and usually 2-3 adults on average:
- In city (B-B traffic in Bangalore), FE ranges between 9-9.5 kmpl (mostly D mode and sometimes D+ECON)
- On highway, get FE of around 18.2 kmpl ('D+ECON' mode and cruise control wherever possible)

geotracks 15th April 2014 12:28

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3413504)
When quoting FE, please do share the driving style, city/highway driving split and other details.

For me, this is what I see on my SV CVT (clocked about 600km) and AC always at 19/20 degrees Auto Climate) and usually 2-3 adults on average:
- In city (B-B traffic in Bangalore), FE ranges between 9-9.5 kmpl (mostly D mode and sometimes D+ECON)
- On highway, get FE of around 18.2 kmpl ('D+ECON' mode and cruise control wherever possible)

Wow, 18.2 kmpl for auto is really commendable. My V MT on highways with cruise + full load + 100% AC + speeds of between 90 kmph - 100 kmph has given me 17.5 kmpl so far.

In the city driving condition with 100% AC + a light foot driving style gives around 12.5 to 13+ kmpl. In the city driving conditions with slight aggressive driving (which I'd say is 'normal' driving, i.e. not light foot but not too hard either) the FE comes to around 11.5 to 12 kmpl.

neel911 15th April 2014 12:33

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3413614)
Wow, 18.2 kmpl for auto is really commendable. My V MT on highways with cruise + full load + 100% AC + speeds of between 90 kmph - 100 kmph has given me 17.5 kmpl so far.

In the city driving condition with 100% AC + a light foot driving style gives around 12.5 to 13+ kmpl. In the city driving conditions with slight aggressive driving (which I'd say is 'normal' driving, i.e. not light foot but not too hard either) the FE comes to around 11.5 to 12 kmpl.

On highways, I think the CVT engines will return better FE than the manual/traditional auto and maybe thats why the ARAI rating of CVT is higher than manual for the new City.

In city however, I believe it works same as traditional Auto. I was expecting FE of about 11-12 in city with CVT engine. I'll wait and watch and hopefully it'll improve after initial 1-2 services.

sgiitk 15th April 2014 16:04

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
With my Civic I get about 9 in town and 14+ (best ~18 once) on the highway. A city with the 1.5 and CVT should do much better. neel911 should see an significant improvement as the engine settles in.

iliketurtles 15th April 2014 16:34

Re: Honda City : Official Review
 
I used to get 18 on the highway with a sedate driving style (80-100, steady accelerator and 100% AC) with the previous generation City AT, while in-city I used to get 9.5-11 kmpl. Not sure if your in-city mileage will pick up neel, but your highway figures almost certainly will.

harry10 15th April 2014 16:55

Talked to SA. He said white city is expected by end of month. Red and silver are readily available. But then heart wants what the heart wants. Waited 2 months so another 2 weeks can be done.

Good to see the FE figures for diesel reported here. I get 12 with AC on in my Manza in b2b traffic so even if I get 16–17 in City I am gonna be quite happy.

harry10 15th April 2014 18:24

Still undecided which tyres to change on delivery. Highly confused between XM2 and Primacy 3st. Suggestions from people already using both will be helpful.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:32.