Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 19:43   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Renault Fluence Facelift : Driven

Its been 30 days since the pre-facelift Fluence E4 has come home. Today I completed the running in. As far as the initial ownership goes, I am more than happy with Fluence. Top class ride, great stability on highways, could feel very much in control braking from high speeds. Car doesn't even show any signs of loosing its poise. Steering is a joy to use and even if the power is rated 108bhp the car never had any strain in accelerating which IMHO is all that is needed for the Indian roads. I was actually impressed for the fact that Renault has managed to ensure ample torque & bhp band that can help this car do a quick 20-100 more than the other higher BHP engines listed here. Now first tune up waiting at 2000 km, the car has given 14 to 16 kms on highway with 2k rpm and 3k rpm drives. Not to mention the quality of the music system and integrated bluetooth functions. No complaints whatsoever.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th April 2014 at 20:38. Reason: See note in post.
vroom77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 09:42   #17
BHPian

I always wished that Renault would go for a larger engine for high end versions of Duster atleast but I think this Idea may not be there, even on their planning table.

Same applies to Fluence. Everything good but not good enough for a 15+ lakh Car.
Do they provide any different engine for Fluence Globally?
Old 1st May 2014, 11:50   #18
Team-BHP Support

A crisp review Ajmat. Thank you.

I hated two things in the old car and 1 is taken care, the front end! This one looks more sharp and good looking, in comparison to that the cheeky one in the outgoing model. Now if they plonk in a slightly larger engine this would be a super duper no nonsense sedan. Somehow i feel these cars to be very durable (read work horses) when i see them on road. Most of em are also used heavily, atleast the one i see regularly.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 13:21   #19
rbp
BHPian

For a car of its size, the 1.5 litre engine is a joke. Renault put a 2 ltr engine in it and this will be one of the top contenders as my next car.
Old 1st May 2014, 15:23   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I always wished that Renault would go for a larger engine for high end versions of Duster atleast but I think this Idea may not be there, even on their planning table.

Same applies to Fluence. Everything good but not good enough for a 15+ lakh Car.
Do they provide any different engine for Fluence Globally?
Brazil gets a 180 PS petrol version

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
For a car of its size, the 1.5 litre engine is a joke. Renault put a 2 ltr engine in it and this will be one of the top contenders as my next car.
Even a few Renault salesmen agree on this. Most of the buyers are usually driver driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

Does the fluence have 6 or 4 airbags? their website seems to suggest that they have front + side airbags and no curtain airbags. Could you please confirm this?

Thanks
Rohan
The E2 version has 2 airbags
The E4 version has 4 airbags - 2 front and 2 side (front doors)

Last edited by ajmat : 1st May 2014 at 15:31.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 19:40   #21
BHPian

Nice looks exteriors, looks very elegant... but very bland interiors in my opinion.

The dash and center console just feel dull, and I cant see myself being in the drivers seat and feeling inspired to drive it. I feel the decade old 7th gen Accord had a more appealing dash.
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 22:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Somehow i feel these cars to be very durable (read work horses) when i see them on road. Most of em are also used heavily, atleast the one i see regularly.
Renaults, for that mater most of the European cars (Fiats, VWs, Opels) are built tough. Somehow Europeans like them to be tough I think. Lot of similarities can be seen between VWs, Skodas, Renaults, Fiats and Opels in terms of steel and the sheet build quality. Fluence is no difference. An elegant automobile. Always liked it!
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 10:24   #23
BHPian

Nice and Crisp review Ajmat. Although they have improved the front looks a bit, i doubt this would see high sales volume. Its not an established or an accomplished brand like the Skoda and VW. Interiors are a hit or a miss too and what were they thinking with that ICE and missing steering mounted controls?
Old 15th May 2014, 00:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
What is the difference between SRP and SRS?
SRP is specific to Renault.
Old 18th May 2014, 08:52   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys,
What is the difference between SRP and SRS?
SRP is specific to Renault.
Nothing much. SRS is common acronym as you know for Supplemental Restraint System.

Renault calls it SRP or System for Restraint and Protection.

SRP is not just for airbags but their entire safety kit of seat belt, pretensioner and airbag which is called SRP system.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 09:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
what were they thinking with that ICE and missing steering mounted controls?
Not sure what you mean here. The Arkamys sound system is the best in it's segment, and you will find that Renault places their audio controls behind the steering wheel
Quirky, but still.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th May 2014 at 09:36. Reason: externally hosted pictures are not permitted. Pls. use the upload tool to upload pics to team bhp directly.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 20:33   #27
BHPian

A great review as usual.

Spotted this car recently, looks real good in person. A definite improvement over the phased out model. The only downer in this car being the engine, quality and ride comfort are one of the best in this segment. Also very nifty feature list.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 13:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
Steering is a joy to use and even if the power is rated 108bhp the car never had any strain in accelerating which IMHO is all that is needed for the Indian roads. I was actually impressed for the fact that Renault has managed to ensure ample torque & bhp band that can help this car do a quick 20-100 more than the other higher BHP engines listed here.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Dear Mod, I do not think the posting has advocated rash or unsafe driving by merely stating about the quicker climb of speedo from 20 to 100 kmph of Fluence vis a vis cars with bigger engine. Adhereing to speed limits is a must whereas talking about the capability or comparison does not seem to violate any law. (unless the mod has removed the offending details). If the writer did give a comparison based on his experience, without fear or favour, I suppose we should appreciate and share the same. In my humble view, driving fast and driving unsafe/rash need not mean the same.
alavandar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 23:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Its strange how i have not seen 1 facelifted fluence on the roads? Has it bombed that bad ??
Old 24th July 2014, 23:12   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Its strange how i have not seen 1 facelifted fluence on the roads? Has it bombed that bad ??
Neither have I, blame it on high price, lack of auto option and the new Corolla

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks