Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:34   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
It's easy to make such loose allegations , but it can be very difficult to arrange large qty of alloy wheels, infotainment systems and automatic transmissions if market demand is significantly different from the planned product mix! They are most likely adjusting trim specs to fit within supply constraints.
What was TATA thinking? Were they planning another flop? I guess not. These issues should have been thought before hand. It's not one variant that we are talking about, it all but one for them. Tata did de-speced Storme earlier and now it's Zest, later it might be Bolt and this downgrading won't help them for sure.
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:49   #1547
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

The SA who brought the car for test drive in the beginning of December told that the alloys would not be part of XM from 2015. The price hike is normal for all cars. And it was also published earlier that 333 will not be free from 2015 onwards.

I do not see why TATA should be balmed for this! They already have packed way too many features at the current price point. I am sure they are hardly having any margins except for the top end variants as of now. It seems like a good strategy to me though. Everyone I am talking to seems to be of the opinion that I should stay away from a TATA vehicle. With all the goodies now, if they can get significant sales, more and more people (colleagues, friends, relatives of owners) will be accidentally exposed to the NEW TATA. And, might be more open to trying a TATA car.

The Revtron, the improved AMT (when compared with celerio), loads of features, good looks (subjective though), AMC/warranty, low price, projectors, DRLs, HARMAN audio, decent space, decent ride and handling.... what more must TATA do to attract people to try it!

P.S: I have paid the booking amount (so I might be biased), still undecided between the XMS and XT variants!!

They will be adding specs too - the XT currently doesn't have navigation, but with a software upgrade they should be getting it shortly (already available in BOLT!)

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2014 at 14:24. Reason: Correcting typos in post. Please proof read before submitting.
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:12   #1548
BHPian

If your budget allows then go for XT variant. Else XMS is the most VFM variant according to me as you get all safety features like airbags, ABS etc.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2014 at 14:25. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:47   #1549
BHPian

I have booked XMS. I was contemplating the idea of exchanging Bridgestone tyres with Michelin tyres. I came to know that Michelin has got a life of almost 90000 Kms, double the life than Bridgestone which is about 40000 Kms. Michelin also causes less resistance and hence improve mileage.

I checked up with a local shop and the exchange can cost around 7 to 8k.

I would appreciate your comments on this.
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:13   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
I have booked XMS. I was contemplating the idea of exchanging Bridgestone tyres with Michelin tyres. I came to know that Michelin has got a life of almost 90000 Kms, double the life than Bridgestone which is about 40000 Kms. Michelin also causes less resistance and hence improve mileage.

I doubt the claim of 90K mileage. IMO, Michelin is softer compound and have better grip and breaking capabilities, but I hardly doubt it will go 90K.

--Anoop
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:09   #1551
BHPian

Quote:

Do not use an tyre beyond 50-55k at the most (change earlier like around 45k if possible), it is a major safety risk.
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:09   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I doubt the claim of 90K mileage. IMO, Michelin is softer compound and have better grip and breaking capabilities, but I hardly doubt it will go 90K.
Agreed. The stock Michelins on my City have run 60K KMs and I am looking at replacing them now although the tread looks like it may last about 5K KMs more. 90K is very optimistic and may be only on super smooth roads
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:53   #1553
BHPian

Quote:

Bridgestones will last some 45000 kms easily, while Michelins will go on for 15k kms more.
You want a better product for a bad reason. Michelins are way better, they handle better, they ride better, the noise is lesser, but are they more fuel efficient? I don't think tyre brand and quality are going to contribute to fuel consumption in a major way. So, I suggest get them, you will love them, but know that even if you have a fifth alloy to keep rotating the wheel positions, they will last some 70k kms which in my opinion really good.
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:58   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
If your budget allows then go for XT variant. Else XMS is the most VFM variant according to me as you get all safety features like airbags, ABS etc.
Confirmed a Silver Quadrajet XT. Was interested in Beige, but I could not see a Biege Zest in person, hence decided against it, only saw pics and videos. Silver seemed a safe colour, can't go much wrong with it plus my scooter and current car are also Silver.

Was interested in white, but was told that it is NOT metallic (though TATA charges a 5K premium for white cars) and it would fade off faster - is this true?

Another question to fellow BHPians - The seat cover available at the showroom is fitted without removing the seat, kind of a slip-on! Will this last or is it better to go for conventional road side seat cover shop, who will remove the seats and fit them? (Any chances of damage to the seat height adjust mechanism? - sorry, i might sound stupid, but I have no idea about this)

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 23rd December 2014 at 23:00.
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:08   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see a couple of Zests on the road. She has massive ground clearance! The rear looks way prettier than the Indigo CS.
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:43   #1556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I came to know that Michelin has got a life of almost 90000 Kms, double the life than Bridgestone which is about 40000 Kms. Michelin also causes less resistance and hence improve mileage....
There is NO hard & fast rules like this. It's all depends on "how" you drive and "where" do you drive and also wheel rotations you do. I personally have managed 88K kms on Bridgestone which was mainly driven in Bangalore. I have also managed to wear out a pair of Bridgestones @ 35K kms in my native in Kerala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
....Was interested in white, but was told that it is NOT metallic (though TATA charges a 5K premium for white cars) and it would fade off faster - is this true?...
Crap. If you maintain well, no colors would fade off quick.

Quote:
....Another question to fellow BHPians - The seat cover available at the showroom is fitted without removing the seat, kind of a slip-on! Will this last or is it better to go for conventional road side seat cover shop, who will remove the seats and fit them? (Any chances of damage to the seat height adjust mechanism?..
If the person knows hjis job well, there should be NO damage. But, personally, I am in for the slip on for a neater look! The usual road side stuffs will have too many threads tied (usually) which results in a very bad aesthetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Happened to see a couple of Zests on the road. She has massive ground clearance! The rear looks way prettier than the Indigo CS.
The GC is just 175 (petrol) & 165 (diesel) mm. The underbody is clean giving it a huge GC feel.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd December 2014 at 23:44.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 06:02   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed a Silver Quadrajet XT. Was interested in Beige, but I could not see a Biege Zest in person, hence decided against it, only saw pics and videos. Silver seemed a safe colour, can't go much wrong with it plus my scooter and current car are also Silver.

Was interested in white, but was told that it is NOT metallic (though TATA charges a 5K premium for white cars) and it would fade off faster - is this true?

Another question to fellow BHPians - The seat cover available at the showroom is fitted without removing the seat, kind of a slip-on! Will this last or is it better to go for conventional road side seat cover shop, who will remove the seats and fit them? (Any chances of damage to the seat height adjust mechanism? - sorry, i might sound stupid, but I have no idea about this)
Congrats. I have seen both Dune beige and silver color in person and trust me both look equally good and appealing. But to be honest I liked silver better than Dune beige. Its my personal opinion.

There is no such thing that white fades quickly. I have a white Tata Safari purchased in 2011 and it still shines like new.

Regarding seat cover I had installed similar seat covers in my Figo where they remove the entire seat and stitch the cover to the seat. Trust me it was very painful seeing all this being done to your brand new car. So this time I have made up my mind that I will not install these type of seat covers in my Ecosport.
I will install slip on type seat covers.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 07:07   #1558
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the first Zest on road yesterday night. And I must say it is easily the best looking compact sedan now. The front does bear resemblance to the Tata design line. But the rear is totally fresh and very well designed. Infact it was the beautiful rear tail lights that caught my attention. Looking forward to going and taking a TD.
Old 24th December 2014, 08:07   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats. I have seen both Dune beige and silver color in person and trust me both look equally good and appealing. But to be honest I liked silver better than Dune beige. Its my personal opinion.

Regarding seat cover I had installed similar seat covers in my Figo where they remove the entire seat and stitch the cover to the seat. Trust me it was very painful seeing all this being done to your brand new car. So this time I have made up my mind that I will not install these type of seat covers in my Ecosport.
I will install slip on type seat covers.
Thanks for your opinion on the colors.
Yeah, I agree that seeing that being done to your new car can be painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
tw2
If the person knows hjis job well, there should be NO damage. But, personally, I am in for the slip on for a neater look! The usual road side stuffs will have too many threads tied (usually) which results in a very bad aesthetics.
Thanks, I was under the opinion that the job would be neater if the seats are removed. Now, I am thinking of buying the readymade seat covers from the dealer.
Old 24th December 2014, 08:10   #1560
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your booking of the new Zest. The silver according to me is the safest color to go for as it hides minute scratches very nicely.

I would say go for the slip on type covers as u never know what level of expertise the road side person has. Its indeed really heart breaking to see your new car going through such a torture. And these slip on type covers will last the distance if you take care of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks