Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2014, 00:40   #1531
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
It costed me 5800 (not including 5.5% tax). Haven't thought about the lamps.

I have seen your thread. very detailed
I went for the under body coat with 5 yrs warranty. It costed 3390 (not including 12.36% tax). They also have a 2 yrs warranty coat which costs half the price but they use a different coating material and it won't last more than 2 years i think.
Thanks a ton Highwaylover, I love highways too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post

2. The Bad: part however are the headlights. I already read that headlights are inadequate but this was having moped lamps. And the spread hardly improved on high beam. My M800 is 11 year old and the headlights at both low and high beam provide great view and are quite useful on highways as
well. Feedback from owners would be of great help.

Yes generally the feedback has been negative. My observation so far has been that one need to adjust the low beam angle (on the right hand stalk) to light up the maximum distance on road, the low beam is pretty much ok. The high beam is a little too above the sky type and that's where the frustration creeps in. But probably the Tata idea is to merge both the high beam and the low beam together to light up the entire viewing area. I'll very soon have to use it for some long drives and will be able to give a more confirmed feedback!

3. The Ugly: What was sad was that the customer care is exactly like Tata. Coming from Maruti (where customer is truly a king), I did not keep same expectations but the experience managed to underwhelm my already low expectations. The advisor was shabbily dressed and the general impression was that he wasn't half as excited as were about the zest.

To top it off, things took turn for worse when we discussed the price. I was presented with a sheet giving break-up of on-road prices as under:

I am particularly flummoxed to see charges for 3 years AMC and those handling charges. When I told that Tata talks about three year AMC, I assume that's a free offering, the advisor informed that it is not free and is chargeable. And when I asked what is the handling charge, he told that it is something all dealers charge.

I am curious now if this is indeed the reality or am I being taken for a ride!!
About the dealer experience, all I can say is that TML is still working towards it. There are dealers who are gearing up and presenting themselves in a much improved manner and there are those that are still living the old life. Hope things will improve, since TML have no other options. I had completely contrasting experiences across 2 showrooms of the same dealer in Kolkata.

About the pricing sheet some clarifications and information for my side, I was confused too. Since there are knowledge gaps across dealers and across advisers in the same dealer/ showroom.

The Rs. 6000 handling charge is a complete dealer money, once I got my car I was surprised to see that even the Registration / Doc Charges (Temp Registration, Actual Registration, Tax Token, number plate) do not add up to the amount charged by the dealer, the dealer was not able to explain me. For me it was around 6K (approx) more than the RTO receipts I was handed. Add that to the 6K of handling charge and that's the amount the dealer seems to launder! The 6K handling charge is a constant across the country it seems! Unless someone explains me otherwise that's my inference - Handling charges + Some part of the Registration Fee is pocketed by the dealer w/o much explanation.

The AMC for 3 years that comes free is actually the silver plan, the Rs 8200 that you see in the price list will bump it up to the gold plan.
Refer to the link below for more detailed information.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3578142

For me the list looks familiar apart from those hidden charges but that's common across dealers it seems.
arindam_xeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 08:52   #1532

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I took a test ride. It was in the evening at 5. The SA said the car was driven the entire day, so the heat.
Revotron owners, could you please shed some light?
Hi,

We brought our Buzz Blue Revotron XMS home last week (12th December) and though I am absolutely in love with this car, this problem has been worrying me as well.

Unfortunately, I have not driven the car in long stretches but I usually see it getting heated up after 40-45 minutes of driving. I took it to the SA last week itself as we noticed a 'smell' of burning rubber coming from the engine and after switching on the blower (but not the AC). However, the SA took it for a test drive for about 20 minutes and we could not reproduce the issue. They even checked the usual suspects like the clutch but everything seemed normal. The only one thing that was close to being a suspect were some flowers placed on the inter-cooler by the temple pujariji So he cleaned the engine bay and asked me to come back if I ever got the smell again.

Well, though I have not got the smell again, I have noticed the engine getting heated up considerably. The SA says this is normal and reading up a bit on turbo charged engines reveals the same. Interestingly, the left side of the bonnet (looking towards the car) is hotter than the rest of the bonnet. I wonder if all the turbo-charged petrol engine powered cars in India (e.g. Ford Ecosport, VW Polo GT TSI) exhibit the same behavior.

Apart from this, this car is an absolute pleasure to own
Old 21st December 2014, 09:53   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp2k2 View Post

Interestingly, the left side of the bonnet (looking towards the car) is hotter than the rest of the bonnet. I wonder if all the turbo-charged petrol engine powered cars in India (e.g. Ford Ecosport, VW Polo GT TSI) exhibit the same behavior.
Exactly. The driver side bonnet heats up.
I was told Ecosport petrol Ecoboost engine also behaves same.
I'm not sure though.
Old 21st December 2014, 10:16   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
The AMC mentioned in the price list is the GOLD AMC. the 333 confidence provided by tata motors is nothing but the silver AMC for free till Dec 31st. The additional Rs. 8000 is for Gold AMC. If you do not wish to take it then by default you will get the Silver AMC. If the SA says otherwise please speak to his manager immediately since the SA is short on knowledge!

The Dealer charges - Yes they do charge. I suppose Tata Motors do not have any say on that. it varies from one dealer to another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post

About the dealer experience, all I can say is that TML is still working towards it....

The Rs. 6000 handling charge is a complete dealer money...

The AMC for 3 years that comes free is actually the silver plan, the Rs 8200 that you see in the price list will bump it up to the gold plan.
Refer to the link below for more detailed information.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3578142

For me the list looks familiar apart from those hidden charges but that's common across dealers it seems.
Thanks a lot guys!! This brings much clarity and should help me plan better now. I am thinking of not opting for Gold AMC and Extended warranty at this point. This is considering that the car will most probably not do more than 10000 kms in a year. This in comparison to our old M800 which did 25000 kms in 11 years!!! I guess for such limited run, Gold AMC and extended warranty seem overkill. Also, I assume I can opt these couple of years later as well. Guidance from all would be much appreciated.
Old 21st December 2014, 11:35   #1535
BHPian

Can somebody please confirm the possibility of getting the Zest XTA as has been spotted by someone in this forum?
My friend wants to get a car for his dad and needs an AT for him.
Zest being the only diesel+AT option in its segment it's pretty sad that it doesn't get Airbags even as an option.
Old 21st December 2014, 15:13   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
The AMC mentioned in the price list is the GOLD AMC. the 333 confidence provided by tata motors is nothing but the silver AMC for free till Dec 31st. The additional Rs. 8000 is for Gold AMC. If you do not wish to take it then by default you will get the Silver AMC. If the SA says otherwise please speak to his manager immediately since the SA is short on knowledge!

The Dealer charges - Yes they do charge. I suppose Tata Motors do not have any say on that. it varies from one dealer to another.
Hi JB,
As you have taken delivery, could you please let me know the status of mud in engine bay issue. Have the dealer retrofitted any fix in your car ? Like the steel plates that is normally being done in bangaluru and andhra.

I was supposed to take delivery of my Red RT XT 90 PS, but didn't accept the delivery as they have messed the documentation. I have already opted for gold AMC and extended warranty, but they did not mention that in document and it looks like I have not taken it. Another issue was there was no mud flaps fixed in my car, eventhough I have 3500 for basic accessories pack. Moreover the car was not clean , I wonder this is how they deliver car to all customers!!!. The MUD in engine bay fix is also not there in my car. The dealer is Concorde Ambattur chennai.
I request bhpians to send me details to contact TML to address above issues. I have postponed my delivery to next week as I want them to correct all the errors and give me proper documents.
Old 21st December 2014, 17:19   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why Extended warranty is never documented. There was a free third year warranty on Eon when we bought, but when asked for it on paper they said "don't worry sir, its in our system" Something's not right!
Old 21st December 2014, 17:26   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Don't know why Extended warranty is never documented. There was a free third year warranty on Eon when we bought, but when asked for it on paper they said "don't worry sir, its in our system" Something's not right!
It is normally documented. On my indigo cs, we got a separate receipt and booklet after purchasing extended warranty.
If you've paid for it, they should handover documentation and atleast a receipt. If they can't provide that, ask them to take a printout of what it says on their 'system'. Otherwise it sounds decidedly dodgy.
Old 21st December 2014, 20:58   #1539
Senior - BHPian

EW booklet normally takes time to get. Just ensure you take a receipt or a letter from dealer that payment received for EW or AMC and then you can follow up and get it. I got these docs around a month after purchase
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:20   #1540

I am planning to buy a new car and have narrowed down the choice between Tata Zest and Elite i20. However I am having trouble deciding which one to go for. They both seem to have similar features and gadgetry. I would appreciate if fellow BHP-ians can help me. The car will mainly be used for in-city driving with occasional weekend trips (highways). I am sure others might have also faced this confusion and what factors helped to select one over the other?
Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:27   #1541
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Please let me know TML contact details and POC, if there is a need to escalate issues to next level.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd December 2014 at 12:31. Reason: Quote not necessary
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:52   #1542
BHPian

Got this while taking a TD for Nano Twist.
Look at the portion marked in green rectangle.
it says alloy wheels won't be a part of other variants except the XT variant since next year!
Is that true now?

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_0023.jpg
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:07   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
it says alloy wheels won't be a part of other variants except the XT variant since next year!
Is that true now?
TATA must be shocked by sales of Zest and this way they can recover from this shock quite easily. I am sure the people behind this decision are on rivals payrolls as well.
Old 22nd December 2014, 18:35   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
It says alloy wheels won't be a part of other variants except the XT variant since next year!
Is that true now?
Yes it is true. The Sales Executive who delivered our Zest confirmed it. And here comes another sweet blow. They are going to hike the prices, as to differentiate the Zest from the Bolt.

Looks like the lot who took the delivery within the said date are the lucky ones And on the 333 advantage, it may just be a marketing gimmick. Me thinks they would still extend the deadline.

Last edited by karzzexped : 22nd December 2014 at 18:36.
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:27   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
TATA must be shocked by sales of Zest and this way they can recover from this shock quite easily.I am sure the people behind this decision are on rivals payrolls as well.
It's easy to make such loose allegations , but it can be very difficult to arrange large qty of alloy wheels, infotainment systems and automatic transmissions if market demand is significantly different from the planned product mix! They are most likely adjusting trim specs to fit within supply constraints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks