Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:17   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Fellow owners, anyone planning to install magnetic sun shade mesh-screens on your Creta?

I saw the below on Flipkart but the sellers other items have no reviews so not very sure about the quality. The headline says Hyundai NA but the description says Hyundai Creta. It claims to be on 75% discount but that has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Another team bhp thread on magnetic sun-shades talks about these shades from auto-furnish and also local accessory shops. Anyone has any experience?

Flipkart link
I have lots of experience (from 1800 rupee range to the 400 rupee one) with these magnetic curtains. I have used them on the Swift though.

Now they are available with a zipper now, which helps avoid the need to open the door at toll plazas. I have used the mesh one and the plain (Jet black) one also, both without zipper. They have magnets to attach to the doors, but they usually don't survive the heat.

I have used Mesh Ones (bought for 1800 online) which I had ordered online. The quality was okay-okay but the magnets started to weaken and after 1 year, the magnets didn't hold up. I guess that would have been due to the heat as I used them continously for that 1 year (never removed).

Then I got the Jet black Ones (for 400) from a shop. The quality will seem really bad as compared to the mesh ones. They are basically what we get a traffic signals (40 bucks for 2) but a slightly thicker fabric. They block the sun very well (almost 80%) and look swell from the outside. I was caught by cops for using them and I gave it to a friend.

I am using Mesh Ones (bought for 750) from a shop. The quality is much better than those I had used in the beginning. The material is thicker and is of extremely good quality. I don't use the front curtains during the drive, but put them on when the car is parked. A very good alternative to sunfilms.

I would advise you to purchase them from an accessory shop, after checking the quality and fit. Online sellers won't let you check the quality and returns might not be possible (as the quality may be similar throughout their stock). Check whether they fit all corners snugly and the quality of the edges.

EDIT - I can post some pics if you want.
vin11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:31   #182
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

My Creta's steering wheel seems stuck sometimes in the mornings when i am about to take the car. The steering warning sign shows up as well and it doesn't get unlocked even after i switch on the ignition and turn the wheels in different directions. The only way it gets free again is if i pull the steering tilt adjustment lever down and lock it in position again. Does anyone face a similar issue?

This has happened a few times, so i am a little concerned. I am going to get it checked with the dealer again but just wanted to check here for some advice before that.
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:24   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
My Creta's steering wheel seems stuck sometimes in the mornings when i am about to take the car
Never faced this in the 12 days I have had my 1.6 SX. Is there a pattern you have noticed? Does this happen when you lock the wheel fully turned on one side or something like that? Is it just hard to turn (EPS not working) or is it fully locked? Do you hear the whirr of the EPS motor?

Sounds worrying enough to get checked out ASAP.
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:11   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
My Creta's steering wheel seems stuck sometimes in the mornings when i am about to take the car. The steering warning sign shows up as well and it doesn't get unlocked even after i switch on the ignition and turn the wheels in different directions. The only way it gets free again is if i pull the steering tilt adjustment lever down and lock it in position again. Does anyone face a similar issue?

This has happened a few times, so i am a little concerned. I am going to get it checked with the dealer again but just wanted to check here for some advice before that.
Are you sure that the steering wheel is not locked. They called it (rather explained it as a feature (?) in my Santro.
Just check if you are rotating your steering after you switch off the ignition. If so it will get locked and you can again unlock it by rotating it the same side (Kind of rotating it the same side to lock/unlock). Alternatively, search for steering lock in your manual.

Refer to the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-column.html

Last edited by sathya_g_m : 2nd September 2015 at 14:14.
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:22   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Never faced this in the 12 days I have had my 1.6 SX. Is there a pattern you have noticed? Does this happen when you lock the wheel fully turned on one side or something like that? Is it just hard to turn (EPS not working) or is it fully locked? Do you hear the whirr of the EPS motor?

Sounds worrying enough to get checked out ASAP.
No, the steering is not fully turned on to one side. Even if that was the case, it should get unlocked, when i rotate the steering in the same direction again to unlock. It feels very hard to turn but doesn't turn much though. I think, it might be something to do with the EPS but not sure how releasing the tilt lever fixes the problem. Need to get it checked. Unfortunately, there is no pattern or frequency and it happens randomly. Only constant is, it has always happened only in the mornings when i take the car out for the day. So wondering how to demonstrate this to the Hyundai mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Are you sure that the steering wheel is not locked. They called it (rather explained it as a feature (?) in my Santro.
Just check if you are rotating your steering after you switch off the ignition. If so it will get locked and you can again unlock it by rotating it the same side (Kind of rotating it the same side to lock/unlock). Alternatively, search for steering lock in your manual.

Refer to the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-column.html
No, i am aware of the steering getting locked when you turn it with the ignition off and that's not the case here. It happens randomly and i am not able to see any pattern so far.
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:35   #186
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get the Tyvek covers and 3D mats for the Creta? Saw some sellers selling 3D mats on eBay, saying it's for the Creta, but I have my doubts.
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:58   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
EDIT - I can post some pics if you want.
Would appreciate any photos you can post. thanks !
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:02   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Has anyone managed to get the Tyvek covers and 3D mats for the Creta? Saw some sellers selling 3D mats on eBay, saying it's for the Creta, but I have my doubts.
I was wondering the same thing as I was unsure how authentic these online sellers are with no reviews and somewhat copied pics it seems. I will plan to go this weekend to inquire around south delhi where i can get a cover and mats.

Btw, is anyone aware what is the viewing angle on the reverse camera and if it can be switched without affecting the warranty?
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:28   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
I will plan to go this weekend to inquire around south delhi where i can get a cover and mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Has anyone managed to get the Tyvek covers and 3D mats for the Creta?
I haven't found any 3D mats either in accessory shops in Bangalore so I decided to do a 3M Nomad style DIY for the mats. Working brilliantly so far. Link to my post is here. There is a lot more information on dedicated threads on this.

For 3D mats, RavenAvi (and me as well) had written to carmatsindia.com who RavenAvi had some recommendations about..but no news yet on Creta mats from them. They are slowly appearing on ebay / amazon etc. but quality remains a question mark. My Hyundai dealer (Trident) was asking for 4k+ for 4D mats which I did not opt for.
zing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:14   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Would appreciate any photos you can post. thanks !
Here are some pics. You can look at the thickness of the mesh material and the quality of the borders. Also it should fit snugly and cover 98% of the window. If it has uneven gaps by any chance, avoid and look for better quality.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20150609wa0007.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20150609wa0008.jpg

Last edited by vin11 : 2nd September 2015 at 21:16.
vin11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:42   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India to increase Creta's production to 7,000 units per month.

The company is sitting pretty on over 40,000 confirmed bookings and the Creta is completely sold out until December 2015, according to Mr. Rakesh Shrivastava, Senior Vice-President Sales and Marketing.

Quote:
Buoyed by strong response to its newly launched SUV Creta, Hyundai Motor India ltd (HMIL) is increasing the output of the model by over 16 per cent to around 7,000 units a month.

"When we launched the Creta, we were planning for about 6,000 units a month from July to December but considering the response, we have decided to increase by another 1,000 units from September by working together with our suppliers," HMIL Senior Vice-President Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava told PTI.

"We are sold out till December and we have decided to increase the output in order reduce the waiting period for our customers," he added.

"As of end of August, the bookings have crossed 40,000," said Srivastava.

In terms of sales, he said the company sold 6,783 units of Creta in July and 7,473 units in August.

ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:06   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hyundai India to increase Creta's production to 7,000 units per month.

The company is sitting pretty on over 40,000 confirmed bookings and the Creta is completely sold out until December 2015, according to Mr. Rakesh Shrivastava, Senior Vice-President Sales and Marketing.

ET Auto
This shows how much people love a SUV which is plush and modern. Looks like people are not worried about the price as long as the product justifies it correctly.

Wish Hyundai launched this much earlier.

Opportunity wasted by Renault, no news on Duster Facelift yet and they seem to be focusing away from Duster. Creta seems to be hunting down competition. Tremors are felt across segment, Ciaz price reduced with additional tech, Rapid special edition getting cheaper, Duster special edition at no extra cost. What next? Expect some discounts on Honda city?
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:56   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow owners, anyone planning to install magnetic sun shade mesh-screens on your Creta?
Be careful with the magnetic shades. I was planning to get a similar one for my XUV, however dropped the idea since many users on the forum complained about getting scratches on door frames after the magnetic starts to rub against it.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

One one my colleague wants help in deciding between Creta 1.6 deisel and S Cross 1.6. His only question is - Capability wise, what is it that Creta can do but S Cross can not do and vice What is it that S Cross can do and Creta can not do?

Experts please help, I haven't test driven any of these cars.
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:13   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
One one my colleague wants help in deciding between Creta 1.6 deisel and S Cross 1.6. His only question is - Capability wise, what is it that Creta can do but S Cross can not do and vice What is it that S Cross can do and Creta can not do?

Experts please help, I haven't test driven any of these cars.
The Creta shall attract lot more eyes on road than S Cross. The Creta looks amazing(typical SUV stance) inside out.

On the flip side the SCross shall attract a lot lesser eyes than Creta because the 1.6 Multijet is blazingly fast that people would not be able to identify a vehicle moving so fast .

On a serious note, the SCross 1.6 is all about engine while Creta is all about Luxurious interiors and SUV looks. Ask your colleague what he wants.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks