Team-BHP - Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/169658-mahindra-tuv300-official-review-174.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4641466)
Isn't the recommended pressure 32 psi allround? Especially in this season with too many pot-holes & eroded roads - I'd suggest filling only 30 psi in all wheels. Its better to take a slight hit on the mileage to get softer ride. Too bumpy a ride all the time also has effect on the body, fitments & parts.

Recommended air pressure is 35 psi all-round. I fill nitrogen in my tyres and has maintained 35 psi from day 1 itself either laden or unladen. You can check on the tyre pressure sticker put on the driver side door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselburner (Post 4641597)
Recommended air pressure is 35 psi all-round. I fill nitrogen in my tyres and has maintained 35 psi from day 1 itself either laden or unladen. You can check on the tyre pressure sticker put on the driver side door.

I remembered AutoIndian's post sometime back about this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 4209579)
As per the Owner's Manual, the recommended tyre pressure (both front and rear) is 32 psi. Refer the green highlighted portion in the screen grab below from Owner's Manual. I usually keep it in the range of 34-36 psi. When alone the car feels slightly bumpy, but drives well when fully loaded.

As per the image from the owner's manual, the recommended air pressure seems to be 32 for all the 4 tires.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselburner (Post 4641597)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4641679)
I remembered AutoIndian's post sometime back about this:
As per the image from the owner's manual, the recommended air pressure seems to be 32 for all the 4 tires.

The sticker by the driver's door does recommend 35 psi though. I can't remember right away if 35 psi is recommended for a full load of 7 passengers versus 32 psi for 5 passengers though. Need to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by locusjag (Post 4641685)
The sticker by the driver's door does recommend 35 psi though. I can't remember right away if 35 psi is recommended for a full load of 7 passengers versus 32 psi for 5 passengers though. Need to check.

Yes, you are right and this inconsistency was pointed out by a member on this post:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajpvrm (Post 3935036)
Guys, I noticed something interesting regarding the tyre pressure. I think M&M recommended tyre pressure of 32 psi earlier and now it's 35 psi for the same tyre size - 215/75 R15.

On the other hand, the hard copy user manual in my car and the sticker on the driver side door frame recommends 35 psi; I have been following this from day 1.

I top up tyres with a foot pump in the mornings while they are still cool. I maintain 37 psi all around for highway drive and 35 psi all around for bad roads / country side. I check pressure with an independent guage . So far so good. Used to keep 32 psi during initial days of ownership. But now , 37 seems comfortable and economical for highway drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetee (Post 4641831)
.... , 37 seems comfortable and economical for highway drives.

How much have you run on this set of tyres ? Are you seeing any wear at the centre of the tyre ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4641860)
How much have you run on this set of tyres ? Are you seeing any wear at the centre of the tyre ?

Have run 30k on this set. Have been rotating tyres every 5-6k Km. No significant wear at centre. Can be observed in below photo.
And since the question arised, I thought of checking thread wear against unused spare tyre. Spare has about 9 mm of thread depth. My 30k run tyres have about 4mm thread depth. I think there should be atleast another 10k km life left in them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetee (Post 4642003)
Have run 30k on this set. Have been rotating tyres every 5-6k Km. No significant wear at centre. Can be observed in below photo.
And since the question arised, I thought of checking thread wear against unused spare tyre. Spare has about 9 mm of thread depth. My 30k run tyres have about 4mm thread depth. I think there should be atleast another 10k km life left in them.

What are your stock tyres Ceat or Apollo? 40k with stock tires is somehow less.
Mine have Ceat Czar as stock, I changed my tyres at 65k odo. I got changed MRF Wanderers AT, had run them app 12k kms and no problem so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselburner (Post 4642025)
What are your stock tyres Ceat or Apollo? 40k with stock tires is somehow less.
Mine have Ceat Czar as stock.

Same here . Ceat Czar. Have been taking all care that I can. If they still give only 40k, so be it. Am happy as long as tyres wear out evenly, which means reasons are beyond my control :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4640812)
Boy there also seems a to be large amount of oil on the floor below. Thats quite a spill. Considering it has spilled out from between the front grille & bumper - it seems the cooling fan has blown it outwards towards front.

Seems some plumbing of intercooler is kaput & leaking. I hope its just about that. Anything else related with actual engine will fall into "major" category.

Have you checked by keeping the bonnet open & running the engine? You might be able to find the source. Any rock or stones got flung towards you recently from a dumper in front etc?

Please don't drive the car as much as possible till the service.

The tank was rested since this finding and was given to servicing yesterday.
This is also the 40k scheduled servicing.
Just had a talk with technician from mahindra.
He is saying that the oil pipe was torn.
Was informed that an ECU update will be done.
Apart from this, no other issues were detected.
Hopefully the tank will be ready by tomorrow.

AMT users got a call from New Mahindra service center in Chennai to come upgrade the firmware.
Latest version 30.4.2
Reason:
Vehicle moving creep time reduced

Has anyone got this done?

Kolkata police to deploy Mahindra TUV300 for patrolling duties, sales cross 1,00,000 milestone.

Quote:

Mahindra & Mahindra has announced delivery of 92 Mahindra TUV300 SUVs to the Kolkata police. Of these 92 vehicles, 58 were flagged off on August 29. Kolkata Police is amongst the 13 other police departments including Andhra Pradesh, and Mumbai to add the Mahindra TUV300 to their fleet. According to Mahindra & Mahindra, these TUV300s have been specially customised as per the requirements of the Kolkata police department. The TUV300 is powered by a 1.5-litre mHawk diesel engine that develops 100hp of power with 240Nm of torque. This particular variant can seat seven.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-kolkata-police-car.jpg

TUV300 sales cross 1,00,000 unit milestone
Quote:

The TUV300 has, since itslaunch in September 2015, sold a total of 99,736 units till end-July 2019. The 100,000 units sales milestone would have been crossed in the first few days of August 2019 itself. Autocar Professional's data analysis reveals that the TUV300 sold as many as 24,197 units in the last seven months of FY2016, 26,241 units in FY2017, and the best fiscal sales of 29,018 units in FY2018. In the first four months of the ongoing FY2020 (April-July 2019), the TUV300 has sold 4,425 units. See details below.

FY2016: 24,197
FY2017: 26,241
FY2018: 29,018
FY2019: 15,855
FY2020*: 4,425(April-July 2019)
Total: 99,736
Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 4646873)
AMT users got a call from New Mahindra service center in Chennai to come upgrade the firmware.
Latest version 30.4.2
Reason:
Vehicle moving creep time reduced

Has anyone got this done?

Yes I am in the Mahindra service center today. Got a call from service center that AMT software flash is being offered for TUV under warranty.

Have you got it done already ? Is there any difference in creep lag or speed between earlier and now ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddy3008 (Post 4649596)
Have you got it done already ? Is there any difference in creep lag or speed between earlier and now ?

Not got it done yet. Please let us know how it goes for you. Also can you check how to determine the current version? Is it the S/W version in engineering mode?

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 4649602)
Not got it done yet. Please let us know how it goes for you. Also can you check how to determine the current version? Is it the S/W version in engineering mode?

Got my TUV's software flashed yesterday. The difference is quite noticeable. While creeping in bumper to bumper traffic, TUV now starts almost immediately instead of a 2-second lag earlier when taking my leg off the brake pedal. Ideally, I would have liked the lag to be zero.

The lag when shifting gears from 2 to 3 (which used to take forever earlier) has disappeared completely for me. In fact, the gear changes overall are less jerky and feel normal. Earlier, maintaining speeds between 20-30 kmph used to be a challenge due to all the gear shifts between 1-2-3, and the associated 'head-bobbing'. Now its almost gone. Its not TC / CVT smooth but much better than earlier.

I was anticipating some issues to surface when doing a cold start today morning. To my pleasant surprise, all those initial engine strain noise and slow sad gear changes have given way to an overall better driving experience.

Although it is just two rides old (and I am keeping my fingers crossed), I would like to acknowledge the effort put by Mahindra in keeping its TUV AMT owners happy. It is a discontinued product and the percent of AMT owners must be very few. They have still gone ahead and made this software upgrade for all its existing owners. Kudos to Mahindra ! clap: