Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/171209-maruti-baleno-official-review-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandra1 (Post 3868782)
Brought home my Baleno zeta petrol yesterday. Had booked the Delta variant in ray blue color on 26th October but got zeta white due to availability issue. I have a question regarding the push start/stop engine switch. I found that the button turns the engine on even when you are more than 25 meters away from car with the key in your pocket. It means if you leave any door unlocked by mistake and the car is parked right outside the house (in parking or street) anyone can move the car without the key. In other words, anyone who manages to get into your car can switch on the engine and move the car without the key. Am I missing something here? Sorry if I am and it's a silly question. This is my first car and I haven't read the complete manual yet.

Congrats on your new car!!I have a question..Have you applied any kind of sunfilm on the windows or the uv cut glass is really so dark?:)

Anyone notice that on the remote, if you press unlock only the driver's door opens. You have to press twice to open all doors. Is this a feature or something that needs to be fixed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpeesh (Post 3868878)
Anyone notice that on the remote, if you press unlock only the driver's door opens. You have to press twice to open all doors. Is this a feature or something that needs to be fixed?

I have the same thing in my Figo, one has to hold the lock and unlock button down together for a few seconds to change the unlock mode from "only driver door" to "all 4 doors". Its just a feature for safety, to prevent people from opening the other doors and stealing stuff while you unlock your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrotek (Post 3868630)
Honestly, if budget can be stretched to 10 big ones instead of 8, you should consider getting the S Cross Sigma instead.

I know what you mean by the B-segment size being best suited for Bangalore traffic conditions, but it just doesn't seem justified to trade your Swift for what is essentially a next-gen evolution of the same car.

Again, just my opinion and no offence intended to anyone.

That is exactly my dilemma - can't justify trading in my swift although this is a pretty good car nothing that stands out. agree:
I did consider the S-Cross but somehow was thrown off by it on multiple counts - 1) The overall drive felt lacking, almost sluggish and not very different from the swift (Which was a surprise) 2) the interiors were lacklustre and 3) Over I felt the car was somehow mis-proportioned. To add to all this, there is the price...

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsashishsharma (Post 3868501)
After the Swift k series, you can't like the Jazz 1.2 iVtech. You just can't. It's low end is so poor that I won't mind trading a Jazz' engine with a k series. 95% of the time we drive in the Bangalore city's traffic conditions. We need stronger bottom end.
Buy the Jazz if you need to seat 5 really tall guys in it. For all the other reasons, get the Baleno. It's really that simple.

Yes, the Jazz seemed clearly under-endowed. How I wish they offered a variant with the city's larger iVTEC engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 3866292)
Interior - Front

The Baleno is equipped with a keyless entry & go system, which means you don't have to take out the key to unlock the door or start the car. As long as the smartkey is in your pocket, press the request sensor located on the door handle to enter. Request sensors have been provided on both front doors.

Usual bunch of settings in the MID. Ignore 'set sensors' ('trailer mode' for parking sensors):

MID has a gearshift indicator that suggests upshifts & downshifts. It also displays a dot when you are in the right gear:

Ugh - like the Honda City, you use this stalk to scroll through the MID. A dedicated button would have been preferred. The stalk doesn't feel robust either:

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpeesh (Post 3868878)

I think this feature can b set via the MID. you can configure the door lock unlock settings in the car as per your requirement.

Hope this helps

Quote:

I found that the button turns the engine on even when you are more than 25 meters away from car with the key in your pocket. It means if you leave any door unlocked by mistake and the car is parked right outside the house (in parking or street) anyone can move the car without the key. In other words, anyone who manages to get into your car can switch on the engine and move the car without the key.

It's not supposed to work that way. The start / stop won't work if the key is not inside the car (not even for the electricals, let alone the ignition). After having being turned on, the engine will stay ignited even if the key leaves the cabin, but certainly won't turn on in the key's absence.

Here's an extract of the user manual from the ciaz;

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-untitled-2.jpg

Oh and congrats on the car! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 3866291)

Judging by this picture alone, seems to be a classic case of evolution- a next generation becoming larger than the one before! The current Baleno seems to be on a high-fat diet, compared to its predecessor, while still being a hatch.

The nomenclature seems to be a clever marketing brain at work, rather than true succession.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG (Post 3868938)
I think this feature can b set via the MID. you can configure the door lock unlock settings in the car as per your requirement.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate. I have the CVT (Delta). No fancy MID with settings. I'll read the manual. I'm just running in the car for my dad so was curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 3866407)
2-Sagging down-The swift suffers from the same problem.Maybe this http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/s...15223-cat.html can solve the problem.

:OT Is it advisable to add-on this?
Any adverse effects?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamswift (Post 3868973)
:OT Is it advisable to add-on this? Any adverse effects?

I guess you are asking about coil spring adjusters. If I'm right, you might want to check this thread. The add-on has it's own pros and cons.

Quote:

Brought home my Baleno zeta petrol yesterday.

I found that the button turns the engine on even when you are more than 25 meters away from car with the key in your pocket. It means if you leave any door unlocked by mistake and the car is parked right outside the house (in parking or street) anyone can move the car without the key. In other words, anyone who manages to get into your car can switch on the engine and move the car without the key. Am I missing something here? Sorry if I am and it's a silly question. This is my first car and I haven't read the complete manual yet.

Congrats and wishing you many happy miles!

I tried starting my Baleno with the key fob outside the car (about 1 feet away) it does not start - displays a warning 'Key Fob Not Detected'. I had to get the key fob inside the car to get it to start, so I believe this is taken care of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FGFARahul (Post 3868789)
^ 25 meters is too large a distance.. NEXA and get a fix for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeevith (Post 3868944)
It's not supposed to work that way. Here's an extract of the user manual from the ciaz; Oh and congrats on the car! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravindkumarp (Post 3869086)
Congrats and wishing you many happy miles!...I tried starting my Baleno

My bad. Actually my bro had left one key in one of the storage areas and I didn't notice it. stupid: Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma (Post 3868799)
Congrats on your new car!!I have a question..Have you applied any kind of sunfilm on the windows or the uv cut glass is really so dark?:)

No sunfilm applied. It's the UV glass. :)

I went to the NEXA showroom this weekend to TD the Baleno Petrol but unfortunately, due to the Chennai floods, they only had the Diesel car with them as the Petrol version was damaged in the flood.

The Diesel car was decent enough; everything felt very similar to me in term of the driving experience because I drive the Dzire; but power delivery was somehow more linear than the Dzire (maybe because of the low weight).

But what was really infuriating with the NEXA experience was that the SA was trying to peddle the S-Cross to us and he did not want to even talk about the Baleno. In spite of my repeated attempts to talk about the Baleno, somehow he managed to steer the conversation about the S-Cross all the time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek chava (Post 3867416)
Hello Folks ! I am Really glad to be a part of Team bhp ! I'd like to thank the Mods for approving my membership . This is my First post .
I took delivery of my silver baleno petrol Delta Recently ! No doubt it is a good car but Here's the issue that I've faced ! I did do a pdi when taking the delivery and found the car to be in perfect shape but only to my surprise after a week I have noticed really small dents on the doors of the car without actually causing any physical impact , like the ones on the swifts and dzires ( Really small ones )
I was wondering if the thin sheet metal is the Cause or they were present even at the time of delivery (maybe Did not notice them ) ! So far the Drive has been really good . Peppy , Refined petrol engine , Well sorted out suspension but needless to say interiors(Build Quality) are not upto the mark .

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 3868106)
Well, you are the the 3rd one from who I am hearing similar story about the small little dents.

A close friend of mine picked up the Baleno and pinged me about this on yesterday and said even if he presses the body panels with his finger, the dent remains like a dimple and the metal doesn't get back to retain its shape.

He mailed Maruti and then a TSM got in touch with him who asked him to try this on their Balenos. Incidentally, their Baleno has 10 such dents.

Seems like an issue that Maruti needs to address (Not just acknowledge) sooner. There was one Baleno that has come for Service which also had such dents.

I have seen many cases where on applying pressure to a body panel, it goes in but again comes out and retains original shape. The instances here are quite alarming and send a wrong signal.

He asked me to check with the Ertiga but I could never reproduce the same in that or even the 2006 WagonR.

I went to see my friends baleno yesterday. Its a delta cvt

I tried pressing the doors with my fingers with as much pressure as possible but there were no such issues like a small dent remaining like a dimple. Infact it did not get pressed inside

I am sure if someone punches on the door panel it might happen but thats true for so many car

So is it that maruti quality standards are not consistent with all cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikhav (Post 3869493)
I went to see my friends baleno yesterday. Its a delta cvt

I tried pressing the doors with my fingers with as much pressure as possible but there were no such issues like a small dent remaining like a dimple. Infact it did not get pressed inside

I tried doing the same to my car and likewise, there's no such flex, let alone dimples. Maybe I need to build more muscle.