Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3953075)
My cousin had got delivery of Brezza last week. His dad was driving the car and met with accident today. All occupants are safe and car has taken the impact well. It looks like car lost control on a corner but he is not sure what happened.

That looks nasty! :Shockked: Hope they are all fine.

Quote:

My cousin had got delivery of Brezza last week. His dad was driving the car and met with accident today. All occupants are safe and car has taken the impact well. It looks like car lost control on a corner but he is not sure what happened.

How did this happen???

Glad to hear that the occupants are safe but its heart breaking :Frustrati to see a new car in this state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3953079)
Lately, I've noticed that most of these new vehicles get into an accident just in initial days of launch. And then they go on to become blockbusters - XUV5OO, Duster, Ecosport, Baleno and now Brezza.

You missed the Creta!!!, the one that turned turtle during a test drive IIRC

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3953079)
Oh, thats sad. Hope everyone is fine and no issues whatsoever. It looks like ZDi /ZDi+.

:OT
Lately, I've noticed that most of these new vehicles get into an accident just in initial days of launch. And then they go on to become blockbusters - XUV5OO, Duster, Ecosport, Creta, Baleno and now Brezza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik (Post 3953083)
That looks nasty! :Shockked: Hope they are all fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra (Post 3953086)
How did this happen???

Glad to hear that the occupants are safe but its heart breaking :Frustrati to see a new car in this state.

You missed the Creta!!!, the one that turned turtle during a test drive IIRC

There were 4 occupants and all are fine. Front windshield is broken and suspension mounting damaged. I can't figure out the crash theory looking at pics. He is a sedate driver around 60 years old. It's not unfamiliar road too and he said was driving as usual like his Ritz and suddenly car lost control and got panicked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3953102)
There were 4 occupants and all are fine. Front windshield is broken and suspension mounting damaged. I can't figure out the crash theory looking at pics. He is a sedate driver around 60 years old. It's not unfamiliar road too and he said was driving as usual like his Ritz and suddenly car lost control and got panicked.

Seeing the spot, this seems to be an accident happened because the driver slept for a moment. The car has not overturned. Might have hit some tree branch that caused the windshield break.

Posting some more pics of the car. Body shell is bent with few dents here and there. Even the chasis is twisted. Car is towed to MASS and we have requested for a total loss. Insurance survey will be done tomorrow.

Good to know everyone is safe. The car looks in a bad state though.

Oh my god... Hoping for safety of all occupants. Front is intact so there shouldn't be any head on collision with any tree or whatsoever. Looks like a car turned turtle.

Please explain what exactly has happened?

Quote:

Its a ZDi variant. How is the front pseudo bumper still intact while bonnet has crumbled alongwith the windshield. Did the airbag deploy? Looks like it hit something from the sides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezee (Post 3953188)
Oh my god... Hoping for safety of all occupants. Front is intact so there shouldn't be any head on collision with any tree or whatsoever. Looks like a car turned turtle.

Please explain what exactly has happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anycatd (Post 3953193)
Its a ZDi variant. How is the front pseudo bumper still intact while bonnet has crumbled alongwith the windshield. Did the airbag deploy? Looks like it hit something from the sides.

I do not know what exactly happened. It was not head on collision. Car went out of road and lost control. Front right side of the car was on ground and rear little upwards. Car was moved to the position as seen in pics to remove passengers out. Soil marks can be seen on Right A pillar. Airbags did not deploy as it was not a frontal impact.

It'll be good to know at what speeds this happened.
But car looks to be in good shape even after impact.
Though it's surprising to hear that you had to go for total loss.

It always hurts when I see such short lived car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore (Post 3953201)
It'll be good to know at what speeds this happened.
But car looks to be in good shape even after impact.
Though it's surprising to hear that you had to go for total loss.

It always hurts when I see such short lived car.

He told speed was 80 kmph. It is the first time he took this car for a drive. Brezza masks speed pretty well like big cars. Only possibilities are he got distracted or couldn't sense the speed and lost control. There's dents on roof, A pillar, doors and car looks to be little twisted. We are not sure if repairs would make car like before. I doubt insurance would declare it as total loss. We'll get a clear picture post repair estimation.

What a horrible and unfortunate incident :eek:

What I can gather from the pictures is that the car was moving straight and somehow something hit the front left side first, then the car under the inertia fliped over toward forward left and the top right came in contact with the road. Thus the dents on the top right, at this point the windshield might have broken too exactly that location.
The then car completes the full turn to land on all four wheels.. The twist also indicates this and why there wasn't a frontal impact,the object hit behind the bumper front left.

As this entire scenario could take a lot of distance. Some small object like mile stone should be checked some 20 mtrs back around the corner of the road.

Thank God everyone is all right.. Wish you all the best on the insurance claim :)

In the last 13 pages, what I couldn't figure out, was the build quality solidity. How is it? Say for example, do the doors "thud"? Or does it still "sound" like its other siblings (except S Cross) ? I saw one close, on the road: impressive! So is the Baleno, but the build is not quite up to my liking. Hence the question. Please, it is a simple query, not to be interpreted as an anti MSIL rant or whatever.

Mod Note: No more off-topic comparisons or a debate on the meaning of an SUV. We do have other threads for that. Lets discuss only the Vitara Brezza here. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli (Post 3953430)
In the last 13 pages, what I couldn't figure out, was the build quality solidity. How is it? Say for example, do the doors "thud"? Or does it still "sound" like its other siblings (except S Cross) ? I saw one close, on the road: impressive! So is the Baleno, but the build is not quite up to my liking. Hence the question. Please, it is a simple query, not to be interpreted as an anti MSIL rant or whatever.

Build quality on doors is not good. Somewhere in between swift and Scross. Application of pressure will displace the plastic by about an mm or two. Dashboard seems to be better than doors. Designed well ergonomically but materials should have been better.:deadhorse