Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-74.html)

A couple of months back, I received a call from MS head office whether I was interested to exchanged my old Wagon R (they had the correct model/year details) for a new Brezza. They offered me "very good exchange value" for existing car and "discounts" on Brezza. While I laughed internally hearing the discounts part, I agreed saying I might consider if I get a good exchange value. The lady then asked my preferred dealer in Hyderabad and said that they will contact me for evaluation, TD, discounts etc. Since then, I have been getting regular follow up calls from the dealer regarding TD, discounts discussion and evaluation of my car.

The point which surprises is a fast-selling model, which has huge waiting period, is being sold so diligently. I appreciate the marketing efforts of the dealers. I also see huge discounts on popular models like Swift, Wagon R, Alto etc. May be that is the secret of huge sales numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Dhruv (Post 4166038)
Taking it to dealer from where i bought it seems to be out of question, as car was bought in May 2016. So there's no way he would agree to replace it free of cost.
I am thinking of writing a mail to Maruti regarding the same.

Trust me when I say this.
They'll replace it, no questions asked
Be firm yet gentle

I'm running on my 3rd set of fog lamps
All replaced under warranty

I must warn you, they'll try to wash their hands off, just don't give in

I didn't face any issues as my cousin is a service head in the Maruti dealership & was privy to the fog lamp issue

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza sales cross 1.1 lakhs at 1 year since its launch.

Has now 50 k pending bookings with waiting periods up-to 20 weeks depending on the variant.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMINC (Post 3969772)
Great

I took delivery on 4th &
Just crossed 3000kms in 5 days, including one day idle due to 1st free service

What is the kind of mileage your getting in City usage? I've booked​ one and keen to know cause my run is going to be almost 150 KMS everyday.
Thank You. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev-Gun (Post 4174292)
What is the kind of mileage your getting in City usage? I've booked​ one and keen to know cause my run is going to be almost 150 KMS everyday.
Thank You. :)

I really don't know city mileage figures
Bangalore is known for horrible traffic, but my office & home are just 900 meters apart
So my car doesn't even get warm while travelling either way

Highways, well, stick to 80km/hr & I get 20kmpl+, 100kms/hr around 18/19kmpl & 120km/hr around 17kmpl
& it drops as you speed up

Hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbpanda (Post 4095918)
Once it starts rolling there's no stopping it. The turbo lag is present but it doesn't last long. With 5 people on board and A/C on, we were able to climb a pretty steep slope in second gear without a strain on the engine.
Completely agree. Haven't tried outstation as yet but I am enjoying every KM that I drive my Brezza.

Current Mileage is around 19 for highways and 17.4 for city "without" using a "light foot". Engine is improving with age. Expecting above 20 mileages on highway after third service.
I am getting average of about 17.5 to 18 in Delhi NCR traffic which mostly involves daily commute from Gurgaon to Delhi on NH8 and some horrible bumper to bumper traffic. After 3rd servicing, I am also expecting it to improve. Surprisingly, the mileage is better than my Ritz VDi on which I get about 16 to 16.5.

Thank you for the detailed mileage review. I have booked a Baleno Zeta Deisel, the only reason I'm unable to convince wifey is the mileage part when compared together BALENO & BREZZA (Deisel). BALENO as per the reviews (on T-BHP and a few other forums) clearly gives 22 kmpl in City with 100% AC with sedate driving under 70 kmph, on highways upto 25 kmpl with AC.

I'm wanting to buy Brezza but I need something substantial to convince wifey that Brezza will also give 20kmpl in City with AC (can it?). My drive is about 120 KMS everyday within NCR and long drives once every 3 months for at least 1500kms (return). :)
I am going to test drive Brezza today in the afternoon.
Please help ! please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev-Gun (Post 4174324)
Thank you for the detailed mileage review. I have booked a Baleno Zeta Deisel, the only reason I'm unable to convince wifey is the mileage part when compared together BALENO & BREZZA (Deisel). BALENO as per the reviews (on T-BHP and a few other forums) clearly gives 22 kmpl in City with 100% AC with sedate driving under 70 kmph, on highways upto 25 kmpl with AC.

I'm wanting to buy Brezza but I need something substantial to convince wifey that Brezza will also give 20kmpl in City with AC (can it?). My drive is about 120 KMS everyday within NCR and long drives once every 3 months for at least 1500kms (return). :)
Please help ! please:

I did a few quick calculations. It would cost you approx 2K more diesel expense pm if you assume Baleno will give you 18kmpl & 22kmpl (IMO, the mileage diff. would be near to 2.5kmpl, not 4kmpl)

Assumption: 150kms for 22 working days & 500km for weekend driver (per month)

If you're spending something close to a millions bucks, 2000pm shouldn't matter. You're going to drive the car and if the car doesn't put a smile on your face, it simply isn't worth it.

Try to convince her like this.. if you go with Brezza, you might be wasting 2-3K bucks per month however if you go with Baleno & you simply don't like it, you'll be wasting 30k+ bucks per month (EMI).

I purchased two cars during the previous year, faced the classic head vs heart dilemma during both the purchases. Followed my heart during one (XUV 5OO vs Jetta) & head during the other (Ecosport vs Brezza). If I can go back to the time, I might reverse the decision where I followed my head but I have absolutely no doubts regarding the purchase where I followed my heart.

Good luck :)

Thank You for the prompt reply and the calculations. I'll try and convince her while we test drive the Brezza today. Just keen to know what did you choose while using your heart (XUV 500)? And the other purchase with your head (Brezza)? Just curious. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev-Gun (Post 4174332)
Thank You for the prompt reply and the calculations. I'll try and convince her while we test drive the Brezza today. Just keen to know what did you choose while using your heart (XUV 500)? And the other purchase with your head (Brezza)? Just curious. :)

Heart: Jetta (definitely a better driver's car than XUV)
Head: Brezza (Higher resale value in the future, liked more by family members, better design & road presence than Ecosport[IMHO & totally subjective], occasionally driven by Dad in rural areas, MASS in rural areas, more comfort features & again higher resale value in the future :D )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev-Gun (Post 4174324)

Please help ! please:

Personally, I would go with Brezza any day simply because of its road presence and visibility apart from many other factors, which is pivotal in so far as NCR traffic is concerned. The couch seating of Baleno doesn't inspire much confidence. However, it's completely a personal preference as you see as many Balenos as the Brezza.

As regards mileage, having driven Maruti cars for a substantial period of time, I doubt whether the Baleno actually gives the mileage of 22 kmpl in NCR traffic with AC on always, as claimed. I have done about 7000 kms in my Brezza and am getting 18.5 to 19 kmpl. The daily distance covered by me is approximately 80 Kms and also involves stretch in NH8 with speeds upto 110 kms/hr. I am sure if I restrict it to 80-90kms/hr or after servicing at 10000 kms on the ODO it would exceed 20 kmpl.

Hope this helps and please do share your feedback on the Brezza after your TD today.

After a lot of deliberations, took the plunge and booked a Vitara Brezza ZDi Plus Red+Black dual tone, two weeks back. Have been quoted a waiting of 21 weeks on paper. However, the SA is optimistic and mentions early deliver on all follow-up calls (which i doubt).

I was essentially looking out for petrol car given my limited running, but no car that i liked came in a worthy petrol option (read Hyundai Creta, Elite i20/i20 Active). After weighing all pros and cons went ahead with the Brezza out of the lot. Limited running and only 10 years of registration of diesel vehicles in Delhi are sure a cause of concern for me.

But, now when I have already decided for a diesel, there is yet another heart vs head debate that has started. Head says Brezza while heart is saying Hyundai Eilte i20/i20 Active in their diesel forms.

There are no particular set of requirements in favor of a CSUV or a Premium Hatchback. Running is majorly in Delhi with occasional highway trips. Though the booking has already been made, I am unable to settle on my decision. GTO's post as quoted below keeps my mind attached to this dilemma.

Quote:

Would I buy a compact SUV over a hatchback? Would I buy a Vitara Brezza ZDi+ over the Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi (O)? Fat chance! I'd pick the Elite i20 any day, any time. Better quality, engine, seats etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarMind (Post 4174579)
After a lot of deliberations, took the plunge and booked a Vitara Brezza ZDi Plus Red+Black dual tone, two weeks back. Have been quoted a waiting of 21 weeks on paper. However, the SA is optimistic and mentions early deliver on all follow-up calls (which i doubt).

I was essentially looking out for petrol car given my limited running, but no car that i liked came in a worthy petrol option (read Hyundai Creta, Elite i20/i20 Active). After weighing all pros and cons went ahead with the Brezza out of the lot. Limited running and only 10 years of registration of diesel vehicles in Delhi are sure a cause of concern for me.

But, now when I have already decided for a diesel, there is yet another heart vs head debate that has started. Head says Brezza while heart is saying Hyundai Eilte i20/i20 Active in their diesel forms.

There are no particular set of requirements in favor of a CSUV or a Premium Hatchback. Running is majorly in Delhi with occasional highway trips. Though the booking has already been made, I am unable to settle on my decision. GTO's post as quoted below keeps my mind attached to this dilemma.

I just came back after a test drive of the i20 diesel and that engine is smoooooth. It doesnt sound like a diesel at all. No wonder that car sells so well.
I have driven my brothers i20 active petrol extensively and like the slightly high seating. You should really give i20 Active diesel a second look.

When I did a test drive of the Brezza, wifey was not impressed with the rear seating. Not sure if that is an important criteria for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 4174611)
Not sure if that is an important criteria for you.

Thanks for your inputs. Rear seat comfort is an important parameter as the rear seat will be occupied on most of the outstation highway trips by 2 adults. As you recently test drove diesel i20 and also has driven the i20 active petrol, could you share your experience for both of them (i20 vs i20 active other than the high seating and petrol vs diesel forms)? Why i am getting inclined towards this even after booking the Brezza- The i20's are high on quality inside out, offer relatively more safety in terms of 6 airbags, has a bigger and better refined 1.4 engine at offers similar feature list, the only missing part being the pseudo SUV feel with better road presence where IMO Brezza scores well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarMind (Post 4175642)
the only missing part being the pseudo SUV feel with better road presence where IMO Brezza scores well.

I would suggest you can try Creta 1.4 Diesel, which has i20 diesel engine, high stance and safety features similar to Brezza.

After driving an S-Cross and Brezza, I'm feeling that Brezza is not built on the Suzuki global-C platform as that of S-Cross, but may be on an extended Swift platform. Can someone shed some light on it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarMind (Post 4175642)
Rear seat comfort is an important parameter...

If that is the case, i20 is a strict no for me.