Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-78.html)

My colleague's Vitara Brezza, completed 12 months of ownership. Its driven around 9500 KMS and completed the 3rd service recently. Off late, its been emitting tons and tons of black smoke. The Fuel economy has dipped by 1.5 kms too. When we showed to the showroom, they said the car is perfect and it has no complaint at all. Recently the BMS (Building Management Service) has banned the entry of this car into the building basement owing to its thick black smoke. What should be done? Its running 99% in city of Bangalore and has hardly been driven twice on long trips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopa99 (Post 4218767)
Off late, its been emitting tons and tons of black smoke. The Fuel economy has dipped by 1.5 kms too.

A cheap second step would be to get an emissions / pollution test done at a good fuel station. If it doesn't pass, take the certificate back to dealership and have them take another look. If they don't entertain the owner, escalate it to the Maruti regional head.

If it passes the pollution test, try changing the fuel station your friend goes to for refills. Try a COCO for a few weeks.

Quote:

My colleague's Vitara Brezza, completed 12 months of ownership. Its driven around 9500 KMS and completed the 3rd service recently.

Change the station from where fuel is filled.

Check the plumbing on the turbo and intercooler. Get yourself an OBD-2 reader and log data pertaining to boost, fuel flow, fuel rail pressure, MAF.

Black smoke is, improper combustion so it could either be air starvation or over fuelling. Check the filter and also the MAF sensor.

Friends, can anyone please confirm if Brezza Zdi Bluetooth supports iPhone for telephony or not. I am planning to buy one, however dealer is not able to confirm the same :Frustrati

Maruti Suzuki to launch Vitara Brezza petrol later this year. Will launch in an automatic variant too.

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki will launch the Brezza with petrol engine by later this year and it will be priced lower than the diesel engine.
Link

Saw this news snippet in The Hindu today.

Brezza is conspicuous by its absence. Wonder why it is missing when S-Cross is in there. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hindu
As per the Indian government’s roadmap for vehicular safety, new models will have to comply with full frontal impact and offset frontal impact norms from October this year, while existing models, will have time until October 1, 2019.

Six of MSIL’s about 17 models sold in India — S-Cross, Ciaz, Baleno, Ertiga, Ignis and the new Dzire — adhere to the new norms. Mr. Raman added that for each model, about 35-40 crash tests are done at the company’s 600-acre Rohtak facility.

MSIL set to beat safety cut-off

Edit:
Quote:

My colleague's Vitara Brezza...Off late, its been emitting tons and tons of black smoke...Its running 99% in city of Bangalore and has hardly been driven twice on long trips.

I think the last sentence is key here. Maybe all that Brezza needs is to clean its pipes. Too much of city traffic, especially the likes of B'lore city can clog the pipes. Take it out on the open roads and do push that engine in third gear once its warmed up. Let the DDiS stay beyond 2000 rpm for sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4231239)
Maruti Suzuki to launch Vitara Brezza petrol later this year. Will launch in an automatic variant too.

Guess it would be the 1.0L boosterjet as that would make it eligible for the sub 4m benefit(post GST is it still valid?) and it has better numbers(torque & hp) than the 1.4NA. And that would actually give them a reason(read higher sales than Baleno RS) to localize the engine and make it cost effective both for Maruti and the customers.

What needs to be seen is how it performs with the additional weight of the Brezza compared to Baleno RS. Usually small turbo petrols are known to have lag lower down the rev-band but what makes me hopeful is almost all the reviews of Baleno RS state that the engine is pretty linear in terms of power delivery. If that's the case with Brezza petrol as well, am sure lot of customers would prefer this over ecosport Ecoboost which is known for its initial lag.

Not everyone needs a diesel but still Brezza is seeing tremendous demand. Once petrol MT & AMT/CVT is launched it will further shoot up. It might jack up to 15k+ monthly :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 4231393)
Saw this news snippet in The Hindu today.

Brezza is conspicuous by its absence. Wonder why it is missing when S-Cross is in there. :confused:

That's weird because I remember during launch Maruti said Brezza is already compliant to upcoming crash safety norms. Maybe its just a miss by the writer of the article. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4231456)

What needs to be seen is how it performs with the additional weight of the Brezza compared to Baleno RS.

Performance will not be an issue as the 1.0l boosterjet also powers the S Cross in global markets. Reviews do not seem to mention on being under powered.

[https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...els-20497.htm]

Spoke to the workshop manager of my dealership and he confirmed that Maruti is now officially updating the touchscreen head-units of the existing models, including the Brezza.

For all the Brezza ZDI+ ppl who like to DIY, here is the link for the post by sunejarahul which includes the 1740 Version files as well as a link for the installation.

Successfully installed the 1740 SLDA version which has the Android Auto update.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4236327

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4231549)
Performance will not be an issue as the 1.0l boosterjet also powers the S Cross in global markets. Reviews do not seem to mention on being under powered.

I believe it's the 1.4 boosterjet that they use. And even that had a bit initial under powered nature as per some reviews.

Has anyone had issues with dashboard glare on windscreen? I tend to get annoyed at times with the dashboard reflections on the windscreen. Any remedies? The car wash center made it worse by using a dashboard polish when I left the car for a complete cleaning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anycatd (Post 4238446)

Has anyone had issues with dashboard glare on windscreen? I tend to get annoyed at times with the dashboard reflections on the windscreen. Any remedies? The car wash center made it worse by using a dashboard polish when I left the car for a complete cleaning.

Glare is an issue even without polish. I've started using polarized power glasses which has nearly got rid of glares. Plus the eye fatigue is less. Another thing is to ensure that the service center people do not apply polish to dashboard.

Autocar India has come out with another confused comparison between Vitara Brezza, Active i20 and Honda WR-V. Their verdict is a mixed one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJde7yIr1Cg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4238460)
Glare is an issue even without polish. I've started using polarized power glasses which has nearly got rid of glares. Plus the eye fatigue is less. Another thing is to ensure that the service center people do not apply polish to dashboard.

How about using a really fine sand paper on the dashboard to make it like a matte finish? stupid: They should have provided a rubber like plastic they used in SCross.

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza races past 150,000 units. Likely to cross that milestone in July -17 .

Quote:

Till end-June 2017, the Vitara Brezza had sold a total of 145,524 units, just 4,476 units shy of the 150,000 unit mark
Quote:

This Maruti’s ride to 150,000 unit sales has been a breezy one: 50,000 in seven months, 100,000 in less than a year and now 150,000 in 17 months. The numbers work out to an average of 8,823 units for every month or 294 units for every day
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-finalmarutivitarabrezzasalesinindia.jpg

link