Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-80.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMINC (Post 4239599)
My one year old brezza top end ZDI+ & me went on a long 11,000kms, 22 days temples trip up north from bangalore
Just me and the car

Driving all alone, 500 Km a day for 22 days on a stretch ! Who are you ? A sage or a robot ?

I am astonished and overwhelmed by sheer thought of the feat. I am wondering, when you were not able to cover an average of 500 Km a day (say while driving in the hills) how much you would have driven on a stretch to cover up.

Your log sheet can be a very important tool for upcoming travel plan of fellow members so please do post soon.

Congrats again on your feat.

Is Vitara Brezza likely to get a petrol automatic version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 4247202)
Is Vitara Brezza likely to get a petrol automatic version?

I am asking this question of petrol brezza availability to dealer all the times and always getting answer as no. No such plan of petrol brezza in future also.
If at all they launch petrol brezza I am surely in for it. But earlier is better from Maruti since I am about to exchange my santro but not able to finalize on any specific car yet. :)

Can any of the owners confirm whether Brezza has adaptive cruise control or just a normal one? I happened to believe it has a normal cruise control then one of my friends put a theory that it is pretty useless in our bumper to bumper traffic conditions. In his opinion it has to be adaptive.

How much useful do you guys find the cruise control in our roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideRanger (Post 4248466)
Can any of the owners confirm whether Brezza has adaptive cruise control or just a normal one? I happened to believe it has a normal cruise control then one of my friends put a theory that it is pretty useless in our bumper to bumper traffic conditions. In his opinion it has to be adaptive.

Its normal cruise. Most vehicles use normal cruise and only high end vehicles have adaptive cruise. You need some radar to implement adaptive cruise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideRanger (Post 4248466)

No car in this price territory will have adaptive cruise. Its "normal". Press brake / button to disengage automatically. Till then it will continue to fly. Or put it in speed limit mode instead of cruise control.

Both are a only partially useful in India.
1. Cruise control gets disengaged ever so often since there are very very few access controlled motorways in India. Those that exist also have absolutely moronic drivers on them every now and then. On other highways we get everything from dogs to emergency landing helicopters with no warning.

2. The speed limit is extra useful in countries which have advanced (and functional) speed limit enforcement where every now and then you'll be caught on camera and an invoice will be delivered at your home to pay for overspeeding fine. None of this happens in India. So that part of the "utility" is gone. But it will help still in ensuring you drive safe without exceeding speed-limits - which is the ideal purpose of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 4248493)
Its normal cruise. Most vehicles use normal cruise and only high end vehicles have adaptive cruise. You need some radar to implement adaptive cruise.

Thank you. That is sure to be expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4248495)
No car in this price territory will have adaptive cruise. Its "normal". Press brake / button to disengage automatically. Till then it will continue to fly. Or put it in speed limit mode instead of cruise control.

Both are a only partially useful in India.
1. Cruise control gets disengaged ever so often since there are very very few access controlled motorways in India. Those that exist also have absolutely moronic drivers on them every now and then. On other highways we get everything from dogs to emergency landing helicopters with no warning.

2. The speed limit is extra useful in countries which have advanced (and functional) speed limit enforcement where every now and then you'll be caught on camera and an invoice will be delivered at your home to pay for overspeeding fine. None of this happens in India. So that part of the "utility" is gone. But it will help still in ensuring you drive safe without exceeding speed-limits - which is the ideal purpose of course.

Thank you for the information.

So are you saying that we could set a limit on speed say 80km/h and drive normally using accelerator but the vehicle will only go up to 80? Does Brezza have that feature? Looks like a pretty nice function.
Please excuse if you find these questions stupidstupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideRanger (Post 4248547)
Thank you. That is sure to be expensive.

Thank you for the information.

So are you saying that we could set a limit on speed say 80km/h and drive normally using accelerator but the vehicle will only go up to 80? Does Brezza have that feature? Looks like a pretty nice function.
Please excuse if you find these questions stupidstupid:

Looking at the service manual - it only has a cruise control, but no speed limit feature. :Frustrati
VitaraBrezza Service Manual

Section 3-17.

Then indeed what your friend says is more applicable. This cruise control is more of a novelty in our daily usage rather than a regularly usable feature on our standard state/national highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4247272)
I am asking this question of petrol brezza availability to dealer all the times and always getting answer as no. No such plan of petrol brezza in future also.
If at all they launch petrol brezza I am surely in for it. But earlier is better from Maruti since I am about to exchange my santro but not able to finalize on any specific car yet. :)

I can't believe a new car from Maruti is selling with such a dated Diesel engine. The MJD is no fun to drive. I hope they launch a decent petrol version similar to their Baleno RS with a good non-cvt/non-amt auto box. I think Baleno RS is their best effort till date and is probably faster than VW Polo TSi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 4248680)
I can't believe a new car from Maruti is selling with such a dated Diesel engine. The MJD is no fun to drive. I hope they launch a decent petrol version similar to their Baleno RS with a good non-cvt/non-amt auto box.

And what is the price-bracket that you want the Brezza with these specifications to be launched?
Maruti is a mass market player after all. Doesn't make too much of a business case to create a niche variant of a vehicle that is supposed to sell in high volume in order to ensure good profitability.

When a car already has a long waiting period, the company also has to make judicious use of the available bandwidth on the assembly line.

Neither CVT, nor AMT - then which box would you prefer? A torque converter? A dual clutch one will simply make the car so expensive that people will buy a full size car/SUV instead.

I drive the 1.3 MJD. agree: 100% that it is not an engine that will make one enjoy the ride from an adrenaline rush aspect. And indeed it is very old now. There are better engines available. No doubt about that at all. But then I don't think Maruti wants to target the audience with hair-raising performance as a USP at all...A trade-off is made to make all ends meet I would say. Bulk customers want the "SUV". Many would buy it without caring about whether it has a 1.3/1.6 MJD or a wick-burner stove under the bonnet. Remember that 20k bookings were made even before launch, people not even asking for a test ride!

Quote:

I think Baleno RS is their best effort till date and is probably faster than VW Polo TSi.

That is hard to compare. The 1.2 TSi DSG is a hard one to catch off the line. And dynamically I'd say the Polo is better. Very much helped because of the car being heavier and compact compared to Baleno.

Quote:

I can't believe a new car from Maruti is selling with such a dated Diesel engine. The MJD is no fun to drive. I hope they launch a decent petrol version similar to their Baleno RS with a good non-cvt/non-amt auto box. I think Baleno RS is their best effort till date and is probably faster than VW Polo TSi.

Agreed Maruti doesn’t have an alternate diesel engine less than 1.5L. But for a normal family person I think his only consideration will be whether his car will be able to move people and luggage with great fuel efficiency.

I am not comfortable with its turbo lag. I wish for a larger engine than our national engine, so that it doesn’t have to be stressed so much for power and torque. I think its limit has reached. It’s high time they bring a couple of options.

But I find comfort in one thing. No matter where we go we can have proper service, because most mechanics or even some owners for that matter will have inside out knowledge about this engine :D. Spares and tools also won’t be an issue for the same reason.

Friends i have created a thread describing my experience with Brezza in last one year, Here is the link :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...17k-km-up.html

Hope you like it !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountaineer (Post 4249999)
Friends i have created a thread describing my experience with Brezza in last one year, Here is the link :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...17k-km-up.html

Hope you like it !

mountaineer, your review was a pleasure to read. Neatly written and bias free. Kudos mate!
I have the same ride as yours (same color as well). Though I booked it on the same day as yours, I got the delivery on 9-May'16. Its 15K on the ODO meter, and I am in complete agreement with your thoughts. I upgraded from 2008 Alto, and driving the Brezza brings a smile everytime I am at the drivers seat.

Many happy miles to all the Brezza owners, and also to the future owners.

Can anyone please confirm if Brezza manual instructs using normal mineral oil or synthetic ? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashdel (Post 4261159)
Can anyone please confirm if Brezza manual instructs using normal mineral oil or synthetic ? Thanks.

This is as per the manual.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20170831172107_01.png

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20170831171437_01.png