Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilay (Post 4102346)
Is there any higher variant or XZ variant of Tata Hexa in pipeline ?

XZ is the current nomenclature for the top variant of TATA Motors. Nomenclature may not change but the features may be added or deleted on this variant even on the current spec or a facelift somewhere down the line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 4102367)
XZ is the current nomenclature for the top variant of TATA Motors. Nomenclature may not change but the features may be added or deleted on this variant even on the current spec or a facelift somewhere down the line.

That means we will get below missing features in XZ/XZA variant soon :):

- Sunroof
- Electric Seats
- Push Start/Stop button
- Telescopic adjustment
- AT 4X4 with driving modes
- Bigger infotainment touchscreen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilay (Post 4102346)
Is there any higher variant or XZ variant of Tata Hexa in pipeline ?

XTA 4x4 is in the pipeline. If the Hexa meets with decent success after it's launch, expect the XTA 4x4 to follow 6-7 months down the line.

No XZ planned as of yet, according to my birdies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4102382)
- Sunroof

Available as an optional accessory.

Quote:

- Push Start/Stop button

Technology has been patented by Tata only earlier this year, so nope. Maybe for the facelift.

Quote:

- AT 4X4 with driving modes

Birdies report that there won't be a 4x4 AT with Multi-Drive modes on offer, because of cost reasons.

Quote:

- Bigger infotainment touchscreen

Tata is working on this, as per feedback received. Not sure if it will be available on launch, or on the XTA 4x4 later on.

For those who have already booked the car, have you guys started receiving phone calls from your dealers for test drives yet?

I received a call earlier in the evening that TD cars are now available, and to come and take the TD in the weekend (they are ready to serve me even on Sunday). Will report back as soon as I am done. One thing is for sure, my TD will be extensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4102528)
For those who have already booked the car, have you guys started receiving phone calls from your dealers for test drives yet?

I received a call earlier in the evening that TD cars are now available, and to come and take the TD in the weekend (they are ready to serve me even on Sunday). Will report back as soon as I am done. One thing is for sure, my TD will be extensive.

In which city are you in ?
As per Hyderabad dealers, no cars yet in the showrooms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 4102536)
In which city are you in ?
As per Hyderabad dealers, no cars yet in the showrooms.

Jagdalpur, south Chhattisgarh.

2 TD cars will reach tomorrow morning, as per dealer - an XT 4x4 and an XTA 4x2.

Bet Hyderabad dealers will be receiving cars by tomorrow or the day after, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4102537)
Jagdalpur, south Chhattisgarh.

2 TD cars will reach tomorrow morning, as per dealer - an XT 4x4 and an XTA 4x2.

Bet Hyderabad dealers will be receiving cars by tomorrow or the day after, too.

They said that it would take another 10 days ... Let's hope for the best ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 4102541)
They said that it would take another 10 days ... Let's hope for the best ..

Mumbai dealers are reporting that they have billed their TD cars earlier today (or yesterday, since it's past 12 AM now), and TDs should start from Monday onwards.

Here are two shots of the Hexa standing next to the old Safari Dicor, courtesy Akash1886@TAI.

Nice comparison of the evolution in design & styling elements between the two Tata behemoths - one from the past, one coming in the near future:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20161125_125652.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20161125_125628.jpg

Quote:

Technology has been patented by Tata only earlier this year, so nope. Maybe for the facelift.

have you guys started receiving phone calls from your dealers for test drives yet?

Patented technology for push button start/stop? I am curious. DO you have any details on this?

I haven't booked the car yet, but I received their call early this week that test drive vehicles will be available next week. The lady asked me which company I worked for. As soon as I mentioned self-employed, she said thank you and hung up! That was indeed odd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 4102677)
Patented technology for push button start/stop? I am curious. DO you have any details on this?

Patented in May 2016.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...stop-tech.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4102682)

There seems to be a confusion between push button start for engine and engine start/stop tech (mild hybrid, as called by Mahindra). I think the question above was for the push button start that replaces the key.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A M (Post 4102708)
There seems to be a confusion between push button start for engine and engine start/stop tech (mild hybrid, as called by Mahindra). I think the question above was for the push button start that replaces the key.

Off-Topic:

Oddly, Tata hadn't patented the push-button start/stop system before this. That's why you never saw this tech in any of their cars till now.

They were supposed to tie up with Marquardt of Germany in 2015 for this tech, but no further developments were reported on that front. (link)

So, this will be their first. Expect cars equipped with the start/stop tech to start coming in from 2017 onwards.

Quote:

I have not booked the car but had registered on the website for a TD. Got a call from Concorde Marathalli, Bangalore yesterday and they may get TD vehicles in a week or two. Also he was mentioning about a off road drive which is organised and he would give me more information later.

KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 4102725)
I have not booked the car but had registered on the website for a TD. Got a call from Concorde Marathalli, Bangalore yesterday and they may get TD vehicles in a week or two. Also he was mentioning about a off road drive which is organised and he would give me more information later.

KK

Yes Similar case with me as well. I didn't booked the car yet but I got call from Tata dealer twice to visit showroom (Delhi) and test drive XTA variant.

Bit busy this weekend due to friend's marriage will plan for next week. He also told me to bring 11k cheque if I confirm booking after test drive.

Quote:

Available as an optional accessory.

Raven_avi thanks for the information. Are you sure the Sunroof is available as an optional accessory and it is coming from Tata itself means no warranty void + decent fit/finish and quality.

Yes I was inquiring about Push Start/Stop button only that will replace the key basically. :)

Exceptional product and exceptional review. Rated 5 stars.
Off Topic:

What are the functional benefits of having a push start/stop button and key less entry in a car, except for the feel good factor? If its automatic start/stop in traffic conditions, it still makes sense to me. But people here are complaining about the absence of these two "features". We all have read about the sad incident that took place in UK where the driver was killed in an Octavia crash because the car did not cancel the cruise control neither it responded when the driver pushed the start/stop button to turn the car off.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...iver-dead.html

Is it because it makes stealing the car somewhat difficult?

For key less entry in the car, what if you had gone out of station for say 2 weeks and the smart key runs out of battery? You would need to call someone to get your car unlocked if the smart key does not have an actual key in it.

Please pardon my ignorance and give your thoughts that why people are asking for this functionalities in the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverabhi (Post 4102843)
What are the functional benefits of having a push start/stop button and key less entry in a car, except for the feel good factor?

Pretty much feel good.

Proximity sensor on the door (which allows you to unlock the door simply by pressing a button on the handle, if the key is closeby) and push button start-stop allow you to not have the key handy.

My EcoSport has these facilities and I generally keep the key in my laptop bag.

Quote:

For key less entry in the car, what if you had gone out of station for say 2 weeks and the smart key runs out of battery? You would need to call someone to get your car unlocked if the smart key does not have an actual key in it.
The key fob has an actual key to unlock the door.

Coming to how you can start the car if it has push button start: Don't know about other cars but in the EcoSport, there is a workaround.

If you hold the key fob near the area where the tradition key hole is, there is a transmitter that sends across a signal to detect the key. It carries enough charge to detect even a discharged key, enough to start the vehicle.