Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2018, 21:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Picked up the Kwid Climber AMT in September 2018. Have driven in the city for 1000 kms now. Finding it a breeze to drive with the creep function in dense traffic.

Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20181118_165703.jpg

On road price was Rs. 5.74 lakhs.

Not missing the manual mode much, as I feel there is enough pep for overtaking and moving around in city traffic. A deep press of the throttle pedal postpones the upshifts and gives enough power when the situation warrants. Happy with the purchase so far !

Last edited by mooza : 18th November 2018 at 21:26.
mooza is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 21:39   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi folks. Recently updated my ownership thread about my Renault Kwid AMT. Have also highlighted a few gremlins with the AMT although the clutch box has already been changed once.

Here's the link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4497275

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Cross-Linking an AMT Issue called out on the Ownership Report created by vishy76 here : URL for awareness.
Thanks a lot for reffering to my ownership thread here.

But I am afraid this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited by vishy76 : 18th November 2018 at 21:40.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 15:21   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing my experience of a driving a Kwid Easy-R - but please dont expect any additional information. My post here would be an echo of the points already listed earlier.

Was in Karwar over the weekend, and had some work at Gokarna. We took my friend's Easy-R - the car had done about 5700 km over the past one year. We covered about 150 km yesterday. Overall a nice package for where the car is positioned. While the car is quite bare-bones and the body is quite tinny, it does come with some points. Decent space, good seating height which gives sufficient view all around. The rear seat leg room is a little less, but boot space is decent. Steering and manuouverability is fair - no complaints. Gear shifts are noticeable, and the AMT means we cant push it much especially if one wants to push to overtake. Speed must be planned. But it cruises fairly well. Did a steady 60 odd, max 72 kph on the highway.

Did not try the audio system. Screen wasnt very clear for the reverse camera. AC was good. The door pockets fell half a cm short of holding a 1 litre water bottle.

Looks like a nice little car for intended market.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 11:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Completed 10,000 kms on my Kwid AMT Climber.

Pros: Nice and settled ride quality over varied surfaces, easy to manuever and park, comfortable driving position (I am a 6 footer), no rattles, and a good looker to my taste !

Cons: Some jerks/headbobbing felt during downshifts of the AMT, the small fuel tank needs weekly refills at the petrol bunk, the single wiper leaves a 4 inch wide unwept section on the windscreen corner at driver's side.

Overall a nice experience thus far.

Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-kwid.jpg
mooza is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 07:39   #110
BHPian

Hello KWID AMT owners, I am in Australia and have just booked an AMT (RXT O) of the KWID for my father in Thrissur, India. Just wondering how the latest variant (post 2019 refresh) handles in city inclines while stopping and going as well as ramps in shopping malls? Just went through the thread and wee bit concerned about the issues reported with the AMT box. Dad is a very sedate driver who struggles with the gear and hence booked the AMT version.
Old 28th April 2021, 14:00   #111
BHPian

As someone who knows Kerala very well, I can assure you almost all brands in India have struggled with the ramps of Kerala. Especially the ones from the road to the courtyard. So if you have one such a very sharp ramp, please get the car for a test drive once before deciding. I have never encountered any issues while driving Kwid on Kerala public roads - mine was in high range. It should be okay on Thrissur roads as well.

But even by chance, when with load and facing a super sharp incline if you drive up than reverse up it is always better due to the gear ratios.
Trapezio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 15:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroad View Post
.. Just wondering how the latest variant (post 2019 refresh) handles in city inclines while stopping and going as well as ramps in shopping malls? ...
I have not struggled in the mall ramps in Bangalore over the past 2.5 years of use of my Kwid Climber. Mine is a 2018 model though.

With the normal use of the handbrake when crawling up, even among a line of cars, I have never experienced problems while climbing ramps.

In case of a stall during very low speed climbing, just engage the handbrake fully, and start off from rest as usual with controlled release of handbrake, this always works for me

An update on my Kwid: Crossed 15,000 kms with a couple of trips to Mangalore over the past year, no problems with the car so far.

An important tip from my SA has been to switch the Transmission from Drive to Neutral mode whenever the car is at rest at traffic signals, to improve clutch life. I have been following this tip right from the beginning.

Last edited by mooza : 28th April 2021 at 15:16.
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:34   #113
BHPian

Thank you mooza and Trapezio. Dad has been driving the new Kwid for over a month now and cant stop gushing how easy it is to drive! I have passed on your helpful tips to him.

The engine noise seems to be quite reduced now. He didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The car handles inclines well with 5 people on board - this was around Kizhoor (Kunnamkulam) which has some serious slopes.
openroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:16   #114
BHPian

Guys, does the 2020 KWID model have a creep mode? I've seen a few reviews where owners mentioned it's not available, but it is in 2023 cars. Can someone confirm if it's available in the 2020 model?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks