Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-23.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAD (Post 4206505)
On the subject of TPMS, I belong to an Old school of thought

As a matter of routine practice, every day before getting into my car, I take a walk around to inspect the tyre pressure visually and during each tankful, usually on Weekends, I always check the tyre pressure, that too from the same Petrol Pump air station.

Agree with you
In addition I've been using a mechanical TPMS since 5 years.
It is a tyre valve cap which works on the the pressure exerted within the tyre

Green when the pressure is maintained between 28 and 32
Turns red when pressure drops below 28.

Fairly accurate and available in various preset pressure ranges

Attached picture for reference

@DwarkaDelhiWala

I am not questioning your purchase of TPMS, just giving my take on the same. If and when I am driving long distance at night, I plan my fuel stops to be at COCO pumps mostly or in and around largish towns to avoid situations that you described quite well.

Of course I too carry the Michelin air compressor myself in the Car at all times for the slow loss of pressure that one can encounter any time

@ecosport rules

Thanks for sharing the images of a simpler TPMS. As mentioned earlier, my point is that we should not be lulled into complacency by looking at the readings inside the cabin. The system you have shown requires one to walk around the Car to observe the Caps and hence one gets to see any other issue that may be lurking to erupt later on

I am all for technology but at the same time we must develop and maintain a connect with the various parameters of our Car so as to understand if there is a change in handling behaviour, engine responsiveness etc on the drive and then to respond suitably.

For example, modern cars come with sealed cooling systems that hardly need to be looked into on a daily basis but whenever I am on a long drive for several days, I make it a point to open the Hood every morning, check the fluid levels for coolant n brake and then move the vehicle a little ahead from its parking spot to look for any stains on the ground caused by leaking oil or coolant pipes.

Just simple precautions that have ensured that I have not been stranded anyplace I don't want to be or feel unsafe

Cheers

Thanks to the summer heat in Chennai and city only usage, my Fortuner returned the lowest mileage ever of 10.1 kmpl (Tank full to Tank full method). The MID mentioned 10.6 kmpl.

In the 3000 odd kms, the average mileage stands at a shy above 12 kmpl. This mileage is much better than my expectations and 33% higher the previous generation Endeavour I owned (Averaged 9 kmpl).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4206529)
SUV grade double piston air-pump and a nozzle valve tightening spanner never give me a reason to visit fuel bunk 'air-stations'.

Can you please post the brand of pump here please? And the model no.? Also the spanner you are referring to is the small metal tube kind of thing with cuts across the end? Post pictures please. Thank you.

@nareshtrao

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3853155

This pump has two pistons - very quick fill and connects directly to battery, so no risk of blown lighter socket fuse/circuit. Got it direct from Amazon.com (USA), Global Store.(https://www.amazon.com/Slime-40026-H.../dp/B005Z8HAUK). Yes, comes with sturdy plastic carry-box (no cheap pvc pouch).

Last pix is 4 way tire valve stem tool. (very costly on amazon.in. Local 'puncturewala' has black colored metal tool - may be for 20 rupee.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 4207013)
Thanks to the summer heat in Chennai and city only usage, my Fortuner returned the lowest mileage ever of 10.1 kmpl (Tank full to Tank full method). The MID mentioned 10.6 kmpl.

In the 3000 odd kms, the average mileage stands at a shy above 12 kmpl. This mileage is much better than my expectations and 33% higher the previous generation Endeavour I owned (Averaged 9 kmpl).

How on earth do you get that kind of mileage.:Shockked:
12 kmpl.is the exact ARAI figure

Need to take few tips from you

In the 3000 odd kms, the average mileage stands at a shy above 12 kmpl. This mileage is much better than my expectations and 33% higher the previous generation Endeavour I owned (Averaged 9 kmpl).[/quote]

That's really something. I'm getting 9 in the city and 10 on the highway since the first day. What is the tire pressure in your car? The service advisor told me 35 for optimum fuel economy but that is 6 psi more than what's mentioned in the car

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 4207013)

That's really something. I'm getting 9 in the city and 10 on the highway since the first day and Its been 15k kms now. What is the tire pressure in your car? The service advisor told me 35 for optimum fuel economy but that's 6 more than what's mentioned in the car

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4207517)
How on earth do you get that kind of mileage.:Shockked:
12 kmpl.is the exact ARAI figure

Need to take few tips from you

:D

I just drive around monitoring the rpm and lifting off the throttle to help the TC upshift to the next gear. The instantaneous mileage indicator (blue bar - in my case) helps a lot!!

You suggestion to put the Laser Sunshades also helped as the aircon seems to be more efficient in cooling down the interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovan (Post 4207561)
That's really something. I'm getting 9 in the city and 10 on the highway since the first day and Its been 15k kms now. What is the tire pressure in your car? The service advisor told me 35 for optimum fuel economy but that's 6 more than what's mentioned in the car

Congrats on your Fortuner and completing 15K kms on the truck. I maintain a Nitrogen pressure of 32 psi in all tyres.

Toyota fortuner to get cheaper by Rs 1.2 lakh post GST.

Source : http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/t...-effect-269336

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubshar (Post 4210132)
Toyota fortuner to get cheaper by Rs 1.2 lakh post GST.

Source : http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/t...-effect-269336

Looks like Toyota already knew this and hiked the price by a lakh last month.
So the effective price remains the same

As a passenger, can you lock/unlock all doors in a stationery but [engine] running car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4211953)
Looks like Toyota already knew this and hiked the price by a lakh last month.
So the effective price remains the same

Really sneaky on part of Toyota to do this. Interesting to know, if other car manufacturers are also, doing / planning to do, this? Wonder if such behavior can be noted in any way by some regulatory organization, at least in the initial few months of GST coming into effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4213979)
As a passenger, can you lock/unlock all doors in a stationery but [engine] running car?

One can unlock only the door they are sitting by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4214018)
One can unlock only the door they are sitting by.

And what about locking it from inside? Say, I am out for ~15 mins for an errand and my family is in the SUV, how do they lock themselves?

MY2017 Toyota Fortuner launched in Thailand with updated feature list

Toyota will soon update the feature list of the Thai-spec MY2017 Toyota Fortuner to include new equipment, as well as offer existing features from top-end models in lower-end grades. Currently, prices of the model range between THB 1,229,000 – THB 1,769,000.

The base Fortuner G variant gains rear disc brakes and silver-finished sideboards as standard, while the V grade and TRD Sportivo now come with LED fog lamps and electric seat adjustments for the front passenger. The best-selling model in the range – Fortuner 2.4 V – now gains a 4WD option with auto start-stop, cruise control, A-TRC traction control, and hill assist system.

In Thailand, the Fortuner can be had with one of three engine options: 2GD-FTV 2.4-litre diesel engine good for 110 kW (150 PS) and 400 Nm of torque, 1GD-FTV 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces 130 kW (177 PS) and 450 Nm of torque and 2.7-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine that develops 122 kW (166 hp) and 245 Nm of torque. While the 2.4L variant exclusively has a 6-speed manual as standard, rest of the engine options are equipped with a 6-speed automatic as standard and is an option in the former.

Some of the equipment retained include Bi-Beam LED projector headlights, LED daytime running lights, electric tailgate, electrically adjustable driver’s seat, T-Connect infotainment system with satellite navigation and reversing camera.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-my2017-tfort.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/m...ed-in-thailand