Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-29.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4284931)
Dont know, this quote wasn't for me but some other customer of theirs. Not sure weather he fit it or not. Will keep you posted once i see the new fogs in action :thumbs up

Hi Karan,

How did you like the OE LED Fog Lamps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 4306327)
Hi Karan,

How did you like the OE LED Fog Lamps?

Hi, i have not installed the OE fogs & may not install as its too expensive.

Yep, its too expensive for what it is and what it provides. I rather put Philips H11 LED in the existing fog lamps, it may not be as bright as Koito LED units but Philips H11 LED has the best beam pattern comparable to H11 incandescent so a replacement Philips LED should work good as stock bulb when it comes to light pattern on road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4306766)
Yep, its too expensive for what it is and what it provides. I rather put Philips H11 LED in the existing fog lamps, it may not be as bright as Koito LED units but Philips H11 LED has the best beam pattern comparable to H11 incandescent so a replacement Philips LED should work good as stock bulb when it comes to light pattern on road.

Thanks, will explore this option :thumbs up

Hey guys, anybody has hands on experience between the difference in ECO and PWR mode. If any stats available for difference in milege, acceleration and braking.

I could not feel a difference apart from Engine being a little louder in PWR mode.

It is quite odd that both Ford and Toyota have got the headlight lighting wrong in their leading India model, though for different faults.

Somehow the previous generation Toyota headlights were best from the most important visibility from diver seat point of view though the new one does seem bright from front on.

The fault lies partly with the colour temperature of the beams in the new LED headlights which has poor colour rendering index. Most of these LED lights look too bluish (looks like 6000K minimum) in comparison to the older OEM HID lights (colour temperature between 4200K to 5000K). These 6000K and above lights are not very effective for good vision. It looks cool though.

Query on behalf of a friend who just bought a Fortuner (Sigma 4).
Has anyone installed the arial view camera (a.k.a 360 degree view) in their Fortuner by importing it?
If so kindly share the relevant details.
Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHaskar_AS (Post 4313156)
Query on behalf of a friend who just bought a Fortuner (Sigma 4).
Has anyone installed the arial view camera (a.k.a 360 degree view) in their Fortuner by importing it?
If so kindly share the relevant details.
Thanks in advance.

Had enquired about the same for a friend.
Harsha Toyota said 360° camera would be launched soon as an official accessory

Stebel TM80/2 Magnum stopped working within 3 months. So after searching i got Roots Megasonics installed today for 1900+200 (wiring). And what a sound! Three-wheelers, e-rickshaws instantly give way, especially those blocking free left turns.... really worth the money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 4307954)
It is quite odd that both Ford and Toyota have got the headlight lighting wrong in their leading India model, though for different faults.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4307970)
The fault lies partly with the colour temperature of the beams in the new LED headlights which has poor colour rendering index.

I kind of find this hoopla about the headlamps strange. If you see the official team-bhp review and some of the main stream auto journal reviews, they actually praise the head lamps.

Bought mine today. 4x4 AT in Super White color. 2018 model.

I tried many dealers in Delhi NCR and Punjab too. Everyone quoted waiting period ranging from 15th February to March end 2018.

Calling up an old friend who pulled some strings at Toyota Kirloskar India, did it. Booked yesterday and got the 2018 model delivered today.

Makes for a great replacement for my 2010 Fortuner.

Thanks.

Rishi

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 (Post 4337530)

I tried many dealers in Delhi NCR and Punjab too. Everyone quoted waiting period ranging from 15th February to March end 2018.

Calling up an old friend who pulled some strings at Toyota Kirloskar India, did it. Booked yesterday and got the 2018 model delivered today.

Makes for a great replacement for my 2010 Fortuner.

Thanks.

Rishi

Congratulations! Did you get it at the 2017 price or the new 2018 price? Asking since there was a price increase starting this month from all car manufacturers in India.

Do posts pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 4337569)
Congratulations! Did you get it at the 2017 price or the new 2018 price? Asking since there was a price increase starting this month from all car manufacturers in India.

Do posts pictures.

There is an increase of ₹75000 (in on-Road price), roughly for the 2018 model. I have bought the 2018 model at the increased prices. 2017 model was already sold out. Besides no discount offer for the 2017 model, as I had enquired earlier this month .

Compare that to more than 2 lac discount (on the Onroad price) on the 2017 model of Ford Endeavour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 (Post 4337530)

Any changes/upgrades to the 2018 model?