Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2017, 17:59   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,693 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Took delivery of my Aspire Sports yesterday.

Haven't driven it much but the positives were the insides and the seating feels similar to my old Figo. I have to get used to driving a diesel, but I got a taste of the power. Coming from driving a petrol, my right foot is aching to floor the pedal.
Engine noise is much lower than I thought it would be.
The music system is
I need to drive more on my usual routes to figure out the difference in drive and feel.

The power window switches are not lit! My previous Gen Figo had them lit.
There is a lag in the Headlights reacting to the bright flash on the stalk. Not sure if that's how it is.
Spare is a non sports sized steel rim Good Year.

I will put up a review once I get over my previous gen Figo, so it is un-biased.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-img_5603.jpg  


Last edited by tharian : 25th May 2017 at 18:08.
tharian is offline   (26) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 20:29   #92
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 4,019
Thanked: 7,286 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Took delivery of my Aspire Sports yesterday.
Brilliant!! You are definitely going to miss the Duratec. Diesel engines do have their merits (torque, insane range...) but cannot match the purity of a petrol unit on full song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I will put up a review once I get over my previous gen Figo, so it is un-biased.
Really looking forward to this! Have fun raking up the miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Big thanks to RavenAvi and his friend Jetin Joy for sharing these images of Figo Sports in Black
Those pics were shared in the previous page as well.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 20:37   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,532
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Took delivery of my Aspire Sports yesterday.
Congrats on the new car mate! You will enjoy the power rush of the diesel after the experience with the petrol motor all these years. Wishing you many many miles of happy ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I will put up a review once I get over my previous gen Figo, so it is un-biased.
Looking forward to the review as yours seems to be the first Aspire Sports on T-BHP so far.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 21:00   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,693 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Brilliant!! You are definitely going to miss the Duratec. Diesel engines do have their merits (torque, insane range...) but cannot match the purity of a petrol unit on full song.
I knew I would miss it, but then went ahead with the plan since there is a petrol first gen Swift at home as well which I can take for a spin whenever I miss driving a petrol.
Yes, but the Duratec has a character of its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the new car mate!

Looking forward to the review as yours seems to be the first Aspire Sports on T-BHP so far.
Thank you!

Will start work on it soon. Need to get accustomed to the car as well.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 10:43   #95
BHPian
 
skanchan95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mangalore KA-19
Posts: 695
Thanked: 758 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
What a report. I find the mods and paint scheme very tasteful. The red in the red black combo is ruby red or some new shade of red?.
Confirmation that the Red Figo S is of the same Ruby Red shade as the regular Figo.
Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-1.jpg

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-2.jpg

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-3.jpg
The car reached the showroom(Cauvery Ford, Mangalore) just yesterday and hence it is dirty. After a wash, it should look good.
skanchan95 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 15:11   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Heard there is a discount of 30-40k across the Figo and Aspire range till July 1st when gst kicks off. Does anyone have more details about this? Should make the already tempting Sports edition even more sweet
rashreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 16:15   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,608
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Congrats


Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
ights reacting to the bright flash on the stalk. Not sure if that's how it is.
Weird but thats how the headlights in my Aspire were too. I thought it was a defect but didn't bother much since I wasn't going to use the car much. But ideally this lag shouldn't be there.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 16:40   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,693 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congrats


Weird but thats how the headlights in my Aspire were too. I thought it was a defect but didn't bother much since I wasn't going to use the car much. But ideally this lag shouldn't be there.
It is also there when turning on the headlights and then when flashing. It doesn't seem to be there when moving to bright from low.
The other issue or maybe a feature is that the door locks do not auto un-lock when the ignition is turned off. I am not sure if that is a setting I need to do.

Else it is all good for now.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 17:56   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,532
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Weird but thats how the headlights in my Aspire were too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It is also there when turning on the headlights and then when flashing. It doesn't seem to be there when moving to bright from low.
Noticed this in the Figo as well. There is a very small lag between flashing the light from low to high. This was certainly not present in my earlier Fiesta Classic. Did Ford mess it up when they moved the light controls to the RHS? Tharian, did you notice this lag in your 1st Gen Figo since it also had the light controls on the LHS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The other issue or maybe a feature is that the door locks do not auto un-lock when the ignition is turned off. I am not sure if that is a setting I need to do.
This was the same in the Fiesta Classic as well in the current gen Figo/Asprie. The car will auto lock once you cross 20kmph, but will not unlock even after you turn off the ignition, you have to manually unlock it by pulling the driver side lever.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 18:01   #100
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,873
Thanked: 16,365 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The other issue or maybe a feature is that the door locks do not auto un-lock when the ignition is turned off. I am not sure if that is a setting I need to do.
I find it useful in my car which works similarly, as compared to my other Hyundai car which automatically unlocks.

For example - Waiting at a signal. It might not be safe to have the car getting unlocked every time we switch off the ignition.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 18:27   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,693 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
. Did Ford mess it up when they moved the light controls to the RHS? Tharian, did you notice this lag in your 1st Gen Figo since it also had the light controls on the LHS?
It was fine on the old Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
This was the same in the Fiesta Classic as well in the current gen Figo/Asprie. The car will auto lock once you cross 20kmph, but will not unlock even after you turn off the ignition, you have to manually unlock it by pulling the driver side lever.
That's weird since the old Figo had this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I find it useful in my car which works similarly, as compared to my other Hyundai car which automatically unlocks.

For example - Waiting at a signal. It might not be safe to have the car getting unlocked every time we switch off the ignition.
Yes, it is useful in those cases. But in my case, I never let the passenger touch the lever unless I unlocked from the drivers side or until I turned off the ignition. It was an OCD. Now I need to remember the doors are locked always.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 19:34   #102
BHPian
 
VishnuNarayanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 118
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-teambhp-figo.jpg
I have completed 1000kms.
The only downers I have are felt are
1. The stiffer suspension spoils the passenger comfort on uneven roads.
2. The anti stalling feature ; again I am saying this. It makes you feel disconnected to the car at lower rpms.
Rest are all things that makes me grin.
Coming from the multijet diesel , power on tap at lower rpms makes single lane highway overtaking quite effortless(in Multijet diesel either we will have to downshift or wait for the turbo to spool).
At corners, thought the steering feels a little light in comparison to the swift it is precise and does its job well.
The MID show a mileage of 18.5kmpl (mix of 70% highway and 30% city driving) as of now.

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 31st May 2017 at 19:38.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 20:01   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,693 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
I have completed 1000kms.
The only downers I have are felt are
1. The stiffer suspension spoils the passenger comfort on uneven roads.
2. The anti stalling feature ; again I am saying this. It makes you feel disconnected to the car at lower rpms.
Rest are all things that makes me grin.
Coming from the multijet diesel , power on tap at lower rpms makes single lane highway overtaking quite effortless(in Multijet diesel either we will have to downshift or wait for the turbo to spool).
At corners, thought the steering feels a little light in comparison to the swift it is precise and does its job well.
The MID show a mileage of 18.5kmpl (mix of 70% highway and 30% city driving) as of now.
Wow!
That justifies a diesel fully.

Regarding the observations you made and my use of the car since last one week and 100 kms.
-Suspension feels very similar to my old Figo, so no complains.
-The anti stall feature was quite annoying at the beginning since the car used to lose speed as soon as the revs dropped. Now I have learnt to avoid that by throttling at the right time.
-Steering is good but no comparable to the feel of the old Figo.
Haven't done any spirited driving yet to full gauge the dynamics of the car.
-The torque spread is linear and perfect for city driving. The turbo kicks in quite early and the torque before that is not bad at all.

I am planning on a long trip soon which should be fun.
Immediate changes were covering the ORVM's with matt black wrap from 3M and removing few badges from the boot since it was too many.

A query regarding the running/bedding in period.
I read in the manual that the first 150 kms in city and 1500 kms on the highway should be easy on the clutch and brakes.
Apart from this , is there any limit on the revs till the first service is over?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-6656771a90da4a58bd7bf5d387e5e0c2.jpg  

Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review-4426de77753f482f82c41af96661085c.jpg  


Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2017 at 13:07. Reason: Loose > lose.
tharian is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 20:14   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,532
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Apart from this , is there any limit on the revs till the first service is over?
No limit on the revs till the first service at 2500kms. Since 100kmph comes in at 2300 rpm, you can go up to that speed on the long drive and enjoy the drive. Even beyond is not an issue but I stayed below 2500 rpm for the first 1000kms. But did quite a few long drives in that period.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 21:37   #105
BHPian
 
jetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 439
Thanked: 357 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

Wow! Your car looks neat without the S stickers on the rear bumper. I dig the subtle black ORVMs. Going very well with the black grille.

Have you removed the stickers from the sides as well? Please post a side view pic if you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Immediate changes were covering the ORVM's with matt black wrap from 3M and removing few badges from the boot since it was too many.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 1085 9th November 2017 12:39
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs raichoudhury The Indian Car Scene 130 2nd May 2017 18:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks