Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-147.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nma83 (Post 4580248)
Well, the engine has not given me any trouble over the 8 months of ownership. But it is not as fuel-efficient as I would like it to be, given the power delivery is not all that great. The AMT spoils the package for me. The shifts are somewhat unpredictable, especially between 1st and 2nd gears upshift and downshift. So it leaves you powerless for a second during upshift, or does a very late jerky downshift at times when you least expect it to.
Not investigated the tyre pressure drop much.

I watched some videos where they said manual transmission could yield better mileage.
Did you use your Nexon for long trips including ghat sections? How does the engine perform there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-dk (Post 4579502)
Naveen, why don't you look at getting the doors damped? I got it done for my Tiago XZA, and it has made a significant improvement to the sound quality.

Thank you for the suggestion. The noise is only from driver side door. And it sounds like the window glass is vibrating, but could not find any play in the windows. Will check out on the next service.
Planning to get a underseat sub installed. Hence the question on getting Sub-output from the head unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4580279)
I watched some videos where they said manual transmission could yield better mileage.
Did you use your Nexon for long trips including ghat sections? How does the engine perform there?

I expect manual will give better mileage. I had taken my car to chikkamagalur and mullaiyanagiri. Got overall mileage of around 13kmpl in that trip. But the engine was fairly new, so I think it would improve after run in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4580279)

A little :OT
Manual's are generally more fuel efficient than their auto counterparts, however, this may not be true for AMT. From what i understand, AMTs are as fuel efficient as manuals because they are essentially manuals only with actuators doing what a driver is supposed to do (press clutch-shift gear-release clutch). Nexon comes with an AMT so you won't sacrifice your FE.

Folks, is there some production cut on Nexon XZA+ ?
Went to Concorde bangalore and they showed a letter from company to not accept any orders on White, Orange, Grey color.
They have given us an ETA of 6 weeks with no option of booking at the moment.

I was actually hoping of some discounts and it was a great surprise to see no discounts and long waiting time.
Anything which we guys are missing ?

After years of seeing thousands of erstwhile i20 carry the badge of 5 Star Safety Rating, Feeling proud of the Indian offering from TATA :thumbs up

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190430_082444.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooltronics (Post 4581098)
Folks, is there some production cut on Nexon XZA+ ?
Went to Concorde bangalore and they showed a letter from company to not accept any orders on White, Orange, Grey color.
They have given us an ETA of 6 weeks with no option of booking at the moment.

I was actually hoping of some discounts and it was a great surprise to see no discounts and long waiting time.
Anything which we guys are missing ?

Yeah they didn't have discounts even in March compared to others. Guess Tata is happy with the numbers they are achieving already. Moreover just like Maruti all manufacturers are wary of the upcoming BS-VI norms, so probably are checking the production in order to avoid last minute heavy discounts ( example: the tsunami of Discounts offered in March 2018 for 2 wheelers:Shockked:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto$apien (Post 4581954)
After years of seeing thousands of erstwhile i20 carry the badge of 5 Star Safety Rating, Feeling proud of the Indian offering from TATA :thumbs up

Is i20 5-star rated at GNCAP? I don't think so. May be i am not aware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4581958)
Moreover just like Maruti all manufacturers are wary of the upcoming BS-VI norms, so probably are checking the production in order to avoid last minute heavy discounts ( example: the tsunami of Discounts offered in March 2018 for 2 wheelers:Shockked:)

Why are they killing the golden duck 12 months in advance ?
They still have time - moreover this looks like regressive mode to not take bookings.

My first service is due and I am confused a bit. Got the car from KHT motors and the service center for that is quite away from my home and opposite direction to office.
1. Can i give it for service at any other dealer.
2. Can I buy extended warranty from any dealer or I have to go to the same dealer from where I got the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4582082)
My first service is due and I am confused a bit. Got the car from KHT motors and the service center for that is quite away from my home and opposite direction to office.
1. Can i give it for service at any other dealer.
2. Can I buy extended warranty from any dealer or I have to go to the same dealer from where I got the car.

1) you can service your car at any dealer.
2) you can buy the extended warranty and AMC from any dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 4582088)
1) you can service your car at any dealer.
2) you can buy the extended warranty and AMC from any dealer.

That help, will give it this Thursday, already covered close to 1400 KM

One month back, after a lot of running around and cancellation and booking at different dealer I got my Tata NexonXZ+ (D) home on March 30, 2019. Few pages back I had written about my booking experience and the reason I went for Nexon.

Today my car has covered 1400KM and will be sent for first service tomorrow.

My ride prior to the Nexon was Honda Brio so comparisons are inevitable.

Why the change:
Honestly more of a want than a need. Brio is a fuss free car with robust mechanicals and decent space. It was serving me fine, done 49,000KM on the ODO in 6 years and still running on stock everything (expect tyres, changed at 41,000KM, battery changed after 3.5 years and relay for the headlight).

The car never gave up on me, even after I moving out of Honda service to a FNG. Service interval was also moved to 10K and synthetic oil used after 30K

What impressed about the Brio was its stability at highway speeds, it can easily do 100-110 all day without feeling stressed. Changing lane at those speeds was unbelievably easy. And the car is good fun round the bends, have taken it twice to Wayanad and once to Munnar, Coorg, Chennai. The car is really good on highways and can keep up with a segment above easily.

Now for not so good things.

Dislikes:

Despite the negatives, I am surely liking the car and very happy with the purchase. Few niggles like strange rattling comes from near the seat/read door will get that sorted and reverse gear sometimes does not engage smoothly.

I thought I will miss cruise control but my trip to Mysore proved otherwise, I could not maintain speed of more than 110 for 2 mins, the traffic is crazy and unpredictable.

Mysore ride was good, felt very comfortable in the Nexon, on return we did 160KM in about 3 hours (hotel to home) non stop, and not a hint of tiredness
Both me and wife went to office after the drive back.

After a month of ownership, I will surely recommend Nexon to prospective owners, it is a good robust comfortable car. I hope the service does not disappoint.

PS: Tried adding few pics but could not. Some issue with site. Will try and upload pics tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4582790)
After a month of ownership, I will surely recommend Nexon to prospective owners, it is a good robust comfortable car. I hope the service does not disappoint.

Congratulations on your purchase. Wish you a wonderful ownership :thumbs up

Around 11-12L range(OTR), Nexon is indeed one of the best out there if you are looking for a manual car. It was my first choice as well while upgrading(last month) but sadly I needed an automatic and the AMT is just not good enough(Not just in Nexon, but in general). Wish Tata provided a TC for Nexon , would have surely landed in my garage :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4582790)
[*]AC: Mediocre. Even for Bangalore.
[*]AC: Very very effective. Cools the cabin quickly. The rear vents help a lot and passengers liked this.

please: explain!
unless the car cooled down towards the end of the post :D