Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-47.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahas83 (Post 4347803)
Also TML executive shamelessly asked if I'm OK to take the vehicle as is. Now, this was a let down and a loss to my ray of hope towards their resolution.

Do I give them a time frame to get this fixed and if they can't, ask them to issue me a new vehicle? As from my interaction, they are clueless and my car is sitting in the workshop.

I am sorry to hear about the situation you are facing but maybe you are not able to communicate to the right people from TML. This is resulting in weird answers you may be getting as SC guys are also not able to rectify the issue. Get everything in writing about what SC guys are telling. Maybe you should contact the regional office and talk to the regional manager of that area. They will surely help you out in every possible way.

I have a recent experience that I will share with you. I bought Storme in December 2017. I was hearing some spring noise from driver seat whenever I go over bumps. I took it to SC, there the executive checked it and confirm that it is some manufaturing fault and instantly told me that the seat will be replaced. They were not stocking it that time but in 10 days he called me and asked to come for replacement. I didnt even forced for it but it was done without any questions asked. He also assured that till the vehicle is in warranty, I need not worry for anything as it would be taken care by them. I dont think that other manufacturers are so quick in replacing parts under warranty as Tata do. So be patient and smoothly follow up with them. Maybe you can get a new engine or vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahas83 (Post 4347803)
Quick update guys. Spoke to tata motors again and they don't have a clue on the reason behind the engine light coming up.

They are still under the belief that it could be a software issue. A couple of other nexon owners faced similar issues and where addressed with a totally new engine.

Also TML executive shamelessly asked if I'm OK to take the vehicle as is. Now, this was a let down and a loss to my ray of hope towards their resolution.

Do I give them a time frame to get this fixed and if they can't, ask them to issue me a new vehicle? As from my interaction, they are clueless and my car is sitting in the workshop.

If the service centre people of TATA are clueless about the issue then i feel nobody else can get it fixed for you. If not TATA then nobody else. By the way dont try to take the vehicle to any other workshop which is not TATA exclusive as the risk is high and their might be a situation where you will be told warranty becomes void if someone else tries to touch the vehicle for such a senstive issue. I feel you should involve the higher ups at TATA and let your displeasure to be known to them and wait for a response if possible. You can ask them to provide you a new vehicle as its under warranrty and TATA was not able to rectify the issue. Asking for a new vehcile is completely ethical in this case i feel provided you can wait for another month to get a new vehicle due to non availablity of specific models. Just hope and pray they have the model and the color available for you if they decide to give you a fesh vehicle but again the problem here is you might have to wait for another month if the vehicle is not available. Will you be willing to wait for such a long time that is the thing you have to decide now. Hopefully things fall in place for you soon.:thumbs up

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tata-nexon-new-updated-price-list-dehradun.jpg

Finally, the revised Price List for Tata Nexon in Dehradun has done away with the infamous Handling Charges. Way to go TaMo... :thumbs up

Tata Nexon : Official Review-harman-kadron-touchscreen-software-updation-link.jpg

Saw this leaflet in the Service Centre while getting my Nano serviced. It has the link to update the software on Tata Motors Touchscreen Infotainment Systems made by Harman Kadron. People with top most models of Nexon, Tigor, Hexa, Tiago, Zest and Bolt may benefit from this. :OT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syed Monis (Post 4347886)
If the service centre people of TATA are clueless about the issue then i feel nobody else can get it fixed for you. If not TATA then nobody else. By the way dont try to take the vehicle to any other workshop which is not TATA exclusive as the risk is high and their might be a situation where you will be told warranty becomes void if someone else tries to touch the vehicle for such a senstive issue. I feel you should involve the higher ups at TATA and let your displeasure to be known to them and wait for a response if possible. You can ask them to provide you a new vehicle as its under warranrty and TATA was not able to rectify the issue. Asking for a new vehcile is completely ethical in this case i feel provided you can wait for another month to get a new vehicle due to non availablity of specific models. Just hope and pray they have the model and the color available for you if they decide to give you a fesh vehicle but again the problem here is you might have to wait for another month if the vehicle is not available. Will you be willing to wait for such a long time that is the thing you have to decide now. Hopefully things fall in place for you soon.:thumbs up

I think you should definitely be directly in touch with the Tata Motors executives and try to go higher up the chain. Also, ask for a backup car till the problem is resolved. Make it clear to them that you will not take the car as it is with the fault still there. Otherwise they should give you a new car. I would suggest a time limit of max - 2 to 3 weeks more. They are reluctant to spend the extra money for an engine replacement and have to get the okay from higher ups. I had the same problem when a simple thing like the throttle assembly (BOSCH) was defective - cost is Rs 8500/-. Instead of simply replacing it initially they tried various other options. It took a week before they finally realized that without replacement it would not be rectified. It is working perfectly now.

Came at Concorde Motors Hyderabad to book the white dual tone Nexon and booked based on their promise earlier that they will be allowing outside insurance. Upon asking the same in written, they back tracked. And now saying that they cannot allow that. Neither they were not ready to match the outside quote. I ask them to cancel the booking. Upon which they took the quote given to me by Royal Sundaram and will come back from their side. I am planning to cancel the booking if they will not allow me to take insurance from outside. Went there thinking that booking will be done in 20 minutes. Ended up spending 3 hours. Not a good booking experience. Upon insisting the SA was commenting things like 7-8k should not matter for you and we have not seen customers as negative thinking as you in last two years. Royal Sunderam quote is 27k for zero dep, engine protect, key replacement, return of invoice. Concordes quote is around 36k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 4348123)
Came at Concorde Motors Hyderabad to book the white dual tone Nexon and booked based on their promise earlier that they will be allowing outside insurance. Upon asking the same in written, they back tracked. And now saying that they cannot allow that. Neither they were not ready to match the outside quote. I ask them to cancel the booking. Upon which they took the quote given to me by Royal Sundaram and will come back from their side. I am planning to cancel the booking if they will not allow me to take insurance from outside. Went there thinking that booking will be done in 20 minutes. Ended up spending 3 hours. Not a good booking experience. Upon insisting the SA was commenting things like 7-8k should not matter for you and we have not seen customers as negative thinking as you in last two years. Royal Sunderam quote is 27k for zero dep, engine protect, key replacement, return of invoice. Concordes quote is around 36k.

So sad too many complaints are coming just from Concorde Motors throughout India. Not sure why these things come up with them only while others seem to have learned it the hard way that customer is the King. If they are not allowing you to take insurance from 3rd party then its completely unethical and unprofessional on their part. This is pure blackmailing and poor customer satisfaction strategy. A customer has full right to choose his own insurer and the accessories he may wish to have. By the way if they are saying 7k to 8k is no big issue then tell them why are they not agreeing to reduce the differential amount since 7k to 8k should be no diffference to the dealer too. Its hypocracy on their part. Money shouldn't matter to the customer but to the dealer its the prestige point.

Quote:

Not a good booking experience. Upon insisting the SA was commenting things like 7-8k should not matter for you and we have not seen customers as negative thinking as you in last two years.

Is it the dealership in Himayatnagar? That is no way to speak to a client. I have had a very professional experience at Malik in Kompally. Even though I did not buy the hexa they were very courteous, quick and knowledgeable.

Quote:

Not a good booking experience. Upon insisting the SA was commenting things like 7-8k should not matter for you and we have not seen customers as negative thinking as you in last two years. Royal Sunderam quote is 27k for zero dep, engine protect, key replacement, return of invoice. Concordes quote is around 36k.

That is absolutely no way to talk to a customer, much less one that has booked the car. Whether they match your offer or not I request you to not give them business and to cancel your order. I'm pretty there must be other independent Tata dealers. Also please do complain to the custom care division for what it's worth. He has no right to talk about your ability to spend.

Such sales guys should not be spared, especially when they work in a field that is 90% based on building a good relationship and sale through references and recommendation.

Thanks. I again spoke to them today. They are still under the belief that it is a software issue and that's what is causing the check engine light to trigger. How can this be possible?

I asked them for recalling this vehicle for which they said they dont have that policy. I then asked them for a refund and they said its not possible either as they can only get it fixed.

Am I the one with bad luck and running out of options here? They told me to allow them 8 days for the check engine light error to be rectified. Also, I was in direct contact with people from TML mumbai office.

Please advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 (Post 4348214)
Is it the dealership in Himayatnagar? That is no way to speak to a client. I have had a very professional experience at Malik in Kompally. Even though I did not buy the hexa they were very courteous, quick and knowledgeable.

It was Khairatabad branch. I was also surprised by there judgemental comment but didn't react much. They also asked if I am lawyer as I am asking everything now written. Upon which I said I am team BHP member. I will wait for their response for one more day and will proceed with cancellation. Will approach Malik Car Banjara Hills instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 4348315)
It was Khairatabad branch. I was also surprised by there judgemental comment but didn't react much. They also asked if I am lawyer as I am asking everything now written. Upon which I said I am team BHP member. I will wait for their response for one more day and will proceed with cancellation. Will approach Malik Car Banjara Hills instead.

If you are anywhere near Hi-tech city, you could try Venkataramana motors. They usually are quick to respond, courteous. Back in 2016, I had a good test drive experience of the Tiago when it was newly launched. I didn't book any with them though.

Even I had a bad experience with Concorde motors, Alkapuri(LB Nagar). Booked and cancelled a Tiago when they could not deliver in 3 months(initially waiting period wave). It took some effort to try to reach the RM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 4348315)

There are employees who do not understand what professionalism means. Either they are new, or they bring their personal issues to work. What I don't understand is why Tata keeps allowing a few black sheeps to populate its dealership. The person my dad dealt with while booking the Hexa was the most professional sales person I've ever seen across industries so far. He allowed a space of 10 months for us to make the decision. There were more than 5 test drives and no limit was placed on the distance that could be covered. Tata has some of the best engineers in the country and there are only a few people who have made their behavior malign the company. Best wishes for the booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nissan1180 (Post 4348328)
What I don't understand is why Tata keeps allowing a few black sheeps to populate its dealership.

Its not just in Tata dealerships or auto sector for that matter. Such inept, insensitive sales persons are quite common. They treat their clients as cash cows and are careless in their talk and demeanour. A couple of months back when I approached banks for a personal loan. I received many quotes. When I pressed one of them to reduce the interest rate after showing a lower quote, he arrogantly replied telling me that the 20k processing fees is nothing compared to the service he is offering.

More often than not, sales advisors are recruited directly through referrals. Many lack the basic qualities of a sales person. They are either inadequately trained or not trained at all.

The best way to handle these sort of people is to not offer them your business and give them your piece of mind at the same time. The reassuring thing is the dealerships are listening. You should go ahead and email expressing your displeasure. I am sure they will respond.

Also do give Malik Cars (Tolichowki or Banjara Hills) a visit if possible. I felt they offer a much better service than Concorde or Tejaswi. Venkararamana Gachibowli is also good, I heard.

The only reason i am still going with Concorde is that their service center is very close to my house and its very convenient for me to walk there anytime. And their service quality of indigo cs has been satisfactory. They have finally agreed and have given in written that I can opt for outside insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 4349022)
... . They have finally agreed and have given in written that I can opt for outside insurance.

Congrats on booking your new ride and wish you happy miles with your beauty. Reason why some sales executives are arrogant is because they don't come across not many knowledgeable folks who know that insurance quotes are cheaper outside. Majority of them would buy only from the showroom. I have had similar experience as well and walked out after they did not agree, later they did come back and agreed for the same.