Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2023, 09:41   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
What are some of the positives of the Swift over the Baleno? Is it mileage? Is it features? Is Swift more spacious that Baleno? I would really appreciate any suggestions / advice from experts here as to what are the respective strengths of each car.
If its purely Maruti that you wish to buy - please test the Ignis AMT. Its a good car, and even with recent price hikes, its VFM compared to the others in the stable (at least as an owner thats my personal opinion).

If not restricted to Maruti - please also test the Altroz DCA. You'll get absolutely everything significantly better for some premium extra in price. Looks, safety, quality of parts inside out, technology of the automatic transmission, smooth drive, excellent handling & brilliant space packaging in the cabin. None of the cars you mentioned come close on these aspects. Do try it once.
Old 30th October 2023, 11:44   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Wondering if rear camera was the only critical requirement for rejecting Celerio, you could have always gone for an aftermarket camera. The quality is really good now a days.
If it were up to me, I would have purchased Celerio. But my wife and my father were not impressed with it. They want to purchase something more exciting i.e. a car with more features and something which looks better than Celerio. From a practical point of view, Celerio is perfect for us - good mileage (test drive car showed mileage of ~14kmpl), very good space inside the car and decent AMT driving experience. I know the general opinion on AMT is not very positive on this forum but I found it to be very good for driving within the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If its purely Maruti that you wish to buy - please test the Ignis AMT. Its a good car, and even with recent price hikes, its VFM compared to the others in the stable (at least as an owner thats my personal opinion).

If not restricted to Maruti - please also test the Altroz DCA. You'll get absolutely everything significantly better for some premium extra in price. Looks, safety, quality of parts inside out, technology of the automatic transmission, smooth drive, excellent handling & brilliant space packaging in the cabin. None of the cars you mentioned come close on these aspects. Do try it once.
I agree with your suggestion for Ignis but wife is not in favor of its box like looks. In my opinion, it is a very practical car for city use.

I am somehow not confident enough of going with TATA. We initially explored the idea of buying a Tiago.ev as an electric car would drastically reduce running costs but apprehensive of after sales service.

Last edited by Saanil : 30th October 2023 at 11:52.
Saanil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 13:05   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
What are some of the positives of the Swift over the Baleno? Is it mileage? Is it features? Is Swift more spacious that Baleno? I would really appreciate any suggestions / advice from experts here as to what are the respective strengths of each car.
Swift is more engaging to drive, is more peppier and bit more fuel efficient. The Baleno is more spacious, comfier and higher variant with 6 airbags are safer. Higher variant of Baleno has more features than Swift too. The suspension on Swift is stiffer and can get uncomfortable depending on your preference.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:04   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Swift is more engaging to drive, is more peppier and bit more fuel efficient. The Baleno is more spacious, comfier and higher variant with 6 airbags are safer. Higher variant of Baleno has more features than Swift too. The suspension on Swift is stiffer and can get uncomfortable depending on your preference.
Thanks for your reply! This is clear. For some reason, paying around 10 lakhs for Swift ZX+ seems a bit too much to me but paying similar amount for Baleno Zeta seems justified. I might be stupid here in thinking like that. I had no idea that cars have become so expensive.

Another strategy (as implied by another member above) would be to buy a cheaper variant and buy accessories depending on which features you want (I was mainly interested in rear parking camera). Will try to take the test drives of both Baleno and Swift.
Old 5th November 2023, 09:23   #500
BHPian

Cost of re-painting whole car at authorised maruti service locations? Any other option in Delhi that does a decent-good paint job at reasonable cost?
Old 16th December 2023, 20:01   #501
Senior - BHPian

My Swift is a Jan 2019 model bought in Mar 2019. The car came fitted with a Amaron battery which saw me through during the lock down touchwood without any hiccups. I had given the car for it's annual service and the SA came back saying the battery might give way soon. I had this in the back of my mind to replace the unit in January but decided to go with it and replace it today itself proactively. The battery could have lasted more but I did not wanted to take a chance and I think 5 years is a good time for a factory battery to last.

The old battery took some hammering to remove as the terminal seemed stuck to the clamp and just would not let go. After around 20 mins of trying with me lending the battery guy a hammer and a plier to get it out. You can see one of the right terminal battered in the picture.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-resized_amaron.jpg

I got a Amaron Flo 42B20L for 3.9k from Amaron pitstop. The price was 750 Rs more than batterybhai.com but it was showing out of stock on batterybhai hence contacted Amaron pitstop directly.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 16th December 2023 at 20:07.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:35   #502
BHPian

When at idle the engine vibrates & shaking a lot. The same is heard inside cabin.
When at higher rpm it is stable & vibrations go away!
Not that engine will fall off serious point, yet!

Got it checked today & was suggested that all three mounting points will have to be changed. Quoted approx 10k.
There are no cracks / any broken points on any of the mounting points.
Was told it isn’t serious & i can continue normally few hundred kms more.

Could it be any other reason for the vibrations/shaking?

Do i need to get them changed asap?
Old 25th December 2023, 04:06   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I think 5 years is a good time for a factory battery to last.
My Swift's stock Amaron battery lasted 7.5 years. It was on last legs and gave up during service as they start the car multiple times, each time to move 2 feet.
electro-monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:02   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's SWIFT becomes the largest selling car in CY 2023.

- Maruti sold 203,500 units of the Swift in 2023.

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 00:05   #505

Friends, I am going for a PDI for Swift VXI tomorrow.

Other than the usual PDI checklist - anything else - Swift Specific that I should keep in mind ?

Thanks!
Old 11th January 2024, 19:29   #506

We added a Swift Zxi AMT (AGS) to our garage on Jan 6th 2024. I got a good deal at 9 Lakh on road including extended warranty. The car is December 6 2023 manufactured.

The primary reason to buy was that my travel has increased to 45kms daily in the Pune city. (Baner - Amanora - Baner)

Swift is an excellent city car and AMT transmission is meant to be driven like a manual. You lift your leg from the accelerator and let the AMT module change the gear for you. This way, there is no head nod observed. The engine too is very smooth with almost no vibes.

The car has already done 600+ kms in the city and I am getting a healthy 16kmpl. Although I considered Ignis and Baleno, I found Swift to be the perfect size in between and the ride is stiffer (similar to our Rapid).
autoseiko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:05   #507
Senior - BHPian

BHPians can you let me know what grade oil is used by your service centre for the Swift (P) service. My A.S.S is constantly using 0w40 synthetic oil which makes the engine a bit sluggish. I am planning to change it to Shell Helix Ultra 0W20 soon. Do I need to take any precautions before making the switch?

Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:14   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
BHPians can you let me know what grade oil is used by your service centre for the Swift (P) service. My A.S.S is constantly using 0w40 synthetic oil which makes the engine a bit sluggish. I am planning to change it to Shell Helix Ultra 0W20 soon. Do I need to take any precautions before making the switch?

Thanks.
Show them the user manual and ask them to follow it. My Swift runs best with the 0w16 Ecstar oil.
Amrit@wheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 19:08   #509
Senior - BHPian

My swift completed 20K KMs and got it serviced last week. This was routine service with oil change. There was no other issues with car. While the cost estimator indicated around 4K plus tax, the actual bill cam to 8.5K. I had opted for pickup-drop as I didn't have time to visit service center in person. On receiving the bill noticed some extra's that service center managed to squeeze in.

Things included in service:

1. Oil change, 0W20 Shell oil was used.
2. Element air filter.
3. Brake caliper cleaning(Extra).
4. Diagnostic charger(Extra).
5. AC evaporator cleaning(Extra).
6. Coolant change.
7. Fluids top up.

The extra's costed about 2K, probably if in person I would have asked to avoid doing these. That said car was cleaned and polished free of cost and dealer did a good job overall. Pickup and drop were also free of cost, saving me some time in traffic. Overall happy with service though cost could have been less. Same service in a smaller town probably would have been around 6K or lesser. This has made me believe buying a car is cheaper in bigger cities, whereas maintaining one is cheaper in smaller cities.

90% of usage is in Bangalore. Car does around 300KM a week and quite happy with performance and AMT serves the purpose. Not very smooth but once you get used to, works alright. The engine is silky smooth and refined. I recently drove an budget EV and to be honest, the K Series produces as much or lesser noise than the EV whine at low speeds. Its pity that Suzuki has decided to axe the K series for next gen and bring in a 3 pot. The K series also is a decent performer on open roads. Worst fuel efficiency I got was around 12KMPL and best of 25KMPL which included ghat drive. In city most of the time FE has been around 14-16KMPL. In 19 months of ownership, car has visited service center 3 times for periodic service and once for light change which was damaged by a minor accident. Overall fuss free ownership so far.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th March 2024 at 17:12. Reason: As requested
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 17:34   #510
Senior - BHPian

I recently replaced the 0W40 engine oil that my authorized service center (MASS) had used with the recommended 0W20 (Shell Helix 8) engine oil from my trusted local garage (FNG). The difference in performance is striking, with the car now feeling more energetic and responsive. I anticipate an improvement in fuel efficiency, as I now need to be gentler on the accelerator pedal compared to the previous situation. While I typically avoid revving the car too much, I recently pushed it past 4,000 RPM and the experience was truly exhilarating.

Additionally, I fulfilled a long-standing desire to equip my car with MRF Perfinza 195 60 R15 tires. I managed to get them at a price of 5.8K each, significantly lower than the online retail price of around 6.9K. The car now exudes a sense of maturity and stability. The steering feels slightly heavier during parking maneuvers, but it strikes the right balance at higher speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
My swift completed 20K KMs and got it serviced last week. This was routine service with oil change.
I am suprised they did not change your spark plugs and air filter at 20k interval. You are lucky the bill is only 8k, My authorised stealer charged me close to 15k nearly double during my 20k service, though items like plugs etc were changed. In fact I have calculated that service at MASS (Shivam Autozone) has costed me ~75k for 5 years and I have just covered ~23k kms. Good news is the warranty is nearly over and I no longer have to bear them.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th February 2024 at 17:46.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks