Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
780,241 views Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2021, 20:01   #406
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,152
Thanked: 1,946 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazrox View Post
In April, a street dog (which happens to visit my in-laws' apartment complex and get fed and is usually docile) decided to scratch and dent the left fender and scratch the right fender.
You also have a choice to go to a local denting and painting shop. Usually they charge around Rs. 2000 per panel. In your case, the charges would be Rs. 4000.

Long back, I had got the door replaced at ASC and painted. This was done under insurance. Not only the ASC raised a higher bill but also the paint quality was no better than the local painters. I was satisfied visually that time but over the years the door slowly gathered rust. This, in spite of having paint booths.

Having paint booths is one thing and using them is another. Most of times, the ASC is short of space and overcrowded. So they don't use paint booths for minor jobs.

If you give the car to some FNG for denting and painting, they outsource this job to denting and painting shops nearby. If you search a little, enquire with nearby garages, two wheeler workshops etc. you can locate these denting / painting shops. Go to them and you save good amount of money.

The i20 of my brother in law had 2 dents and a torn out front bumper. The ASC gave him a quotation of around Rs. 27,000 including new bumper, denting and painting. I took the car to a denting painting shop. He fixed the bumper in a flawless manner (could not be noticed visually), repaired the dents and painted. All this for Rs. 4000 in 2019.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 9th July 2021 at 20:07.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 09:59   #407
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: HYD / PDY
Posts: 18
Thanked: 25 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Having paint booths is one thing and using them is another. Most of times, the ASC is short of space and overcrowded. So they don't use paint booths for minor jobs.

If you give the car to some FNG for denting and painting, they outsource this job to denting and painting shops nearby. If you search a little, enquire with nearby garages, two wheeler workshops etc. you can locate these denting / painting shops. Go to them and you save good amount of money.
Thank you Rahul for your inputs. Was under the impression that ASC will use proper techniques and a booth. But looks like am better off getting this done outside with someone who is more competent. Will update when I get it done.
jazrox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 10:48   #408
BHPian
 
blackstallion76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 338
Thanked: 62 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Been experiencing AMT juddering during cold start on Swift VXI AMT 2019. Its just run 15000kms. Every morning, when i move the car in creep function below 1000rpm brake pedal vibrates and radiates to the car body. However, after driving for 1km or so its normal and no juddering. Also, i feel moving over a road hump in 2nd gear there is not enough bite and slight vibration. Car is still in Std Warranty.

Took the car to Mandovi MASS and SA took a test drive. He says this is normal in AMT cars. If I want AMT replacement, I need to pay 20K and not covered under Std Warranty or Extended Warranty. I am surprised with this comment.

I am pushing for AMT replacement as I know this juddering is not good this early.
If such parts are not replaced when user is facing issues, then what is the use of STD Warranty and EW.

Anyone facing this problem, pls suggest.
blackstallion76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 19:19   #409
BHPian
 
RavSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somewhere in MH
Posts: 678
Thanked: 2,774 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Been experiencing AMT juddering during cold start on Swift VXI AMT 2019

Anyone facing this problem, pls suggest.
Is the juddering for few seconds or lasts till you drive upto 1 km? It may also be the tyres having a flat spot if parked for long. I also had a similar experience in my Ignis AMT when I used to drive it after a week or more gap. It went away when I drove without parking it for more than 3 days at a stretch. Not sure if it was AMT or Tyres issue.
RavSam is offline  
Old 13th July 2021, 21:16   #410
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 264
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Many possibilities

1. This juddering is due to the brake discs and since metal shrinks in cold, the initial juddering is the brakes releasing . If you doubt it ,in the morning ,just rock the car back and forth in neutral ( ign on, AMT lever move to neutral,release handbrake. ( Most probably you will hear a light thud sound also).

Now start the engine and drive off. This juddering shouldn't be there then.

2. Also it can be due to the clutch friction plates sticking momentarily to the flywheel on a cold morning. Gentle rocking in the morning can disengage this. All this will disappear once the hydraulic fluid warms up and the clutch is free. This is not an AMT fault .

Usually happens when parked and in gear with handbrake up. Yiu can park it in neutral with handbrake and see this will disappear the next day.

P.s : my nano AMT which has done over 40k Kms has this juddering in first start off from cold.Once hot,no problems

Last edited by Nanolover : 13th July 2021 at 21:24.
Nanolover is online now  
Old 14th July 2021, 10:45   #411
BHPian
 
blackstallion76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 338
Thanked: 62 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Is the juddering for few seconds or lasts till you drive upto 1 km? It may also be the tyres having a flat spot if parked for long. I also had a similar experience in my Ignis AMT when I used to drive it after a week or more gap. It went away when I drove without parking it for more than 3 days at a stretch. Not sure if it was AMT or Tyres issue.
Juddering lasts for 100-150meters and becomes stable. This happens only below 1000-1200rpm in creep function. Not beyond 1200rpm. I use my car daily almost 5 days a week. Tyres are pretty new since i installed apollos just couple of months back.
blackstallion76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 10:52   #412
BHPian
 
blackstallion76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 338
Thanked: 62 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Many possibilities

1. This juddering is due to the brake discs and since metal shrinks in cold, the initial juddering is the brakes releasing . If you doubt it ,in the morning ,just rock the car back and forth in neutral ( ign on, AMT lever move to neutral,release handbrake. ( Most probably you will hear a light thud sound also).

Now start the engine and drive off. This juddering shouldn't be there then.

2. Also it can be due to the clutch friction plates sticking momentarily to the flywheel on a cold morning. Gentle rocking in the morning can disengage this. All this will disappear once the hydraulic fluid warms up and the clutch is free. This is not an AMT fault .

Usually happens when parked and in gear with handbrake up. Yiu can park it in neutral with handbrake and see this will disappear the next day.

P.s : my nano AMT which has done over 40k Kms has this juddering in first start off from cold.Once hot,no problems
Thanks. Even i thought of brake discs and it turns out to be in good condition. I park with N slotted and handbrake. Road infront of my house in downward inclined. So, i moved in N just to check the issue. Did the car rocking as well, but issue persists.

Second point is what one of the FNG pointed out. He explained the moisture condensation on the clutch plate on cold mornings. And after engine start, it takes time for transmission oil to heat up for lubrication. He suspected some contamination around the clutch plate and suggested to get it opened for visual inspection.

FNG guy suggested to de-glaze the clutch like clutch burn with handbrake on. To see if the friction cleans out the contamination.
blackstallion76 is offline  
Old 14th July 2021, 11:02   #413
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: COK\BLR\MYS
Posts: 3,378
Thanked: 9,495 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Thanks. Even i thought of brake discs and it turns out to be in good condition. I park with N slotted and handbrake. Road infront of my house in downward inclined. So, i moved in N just to check the issue. Did the car rocking as well, but issue persists.
Next time leave the vehicle in neutral, use some sort of stone or wheel choke to hold the vehicle overnight rather than hand brake (ie; do not engage hand brake overnight), please let us know your observations.
Kosfactor is offline  
Old 14th July 2021, 11:56   #414
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,732
Thanked: 10,343 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Had to finally change the batteries on both keys. Had been ignoring the battery warning light for a few months now, pretty stupid thing to do. Last couple of days car was giving starting issues. Had to try more than a few times. Checked the manual and was able to start using a technique described there- press the start button, touch the back end of the key to the button and start. Now after replacing the key batteries, no starting issues. Should have just changed the batteries once the warning light started popping up. Left it for literally months, lazy.

Last edited by am1m : 14th July 2021 at 12:06.
am1m is offline  
Old 14th July 2021, 19:12   #415
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 264
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Suggest to let the clutch bed in a little bit. Then this problem should disappear. No use opening up and destroying a factory set part ,so early on its life. This is my personal suggestion
Nanolover is online now  
Old 23rd July 2021, 11:49   #416
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,732
Thanked: 10,343 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Anyone changed tyres on the Swift yet? Our car is 3 years old and run about 24K km, mostly highway since we rarely take the car out in Bangalore traffic, unless it's raining.

The left front tyre seems more worn out than the others, going to take the car to a good wheel alignment place to get it checked out.

But if those need to be changed, any suggestions? Pretty happy with the stock Apollo tyres, won't mind going in for the same again.
am1m is offline  
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:37   #417
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 94
Thanked: 162 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Anyone changed tyres on the Swift yet? Our car is 3 years old and run about 24K km, mostly highway since we rarely take the car out in Bangalore traffic, unless it's raining.

The left front tyre seems more worn out than the others, going to take the car to a good wheel alignment place to get it checked out.

But if those need to be changed, any suggestions? Pretty happy with the stock Apollo tyres, won't mind going in for the same again.
You can try Michelin XM2+
lxskllr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:06   #418
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,840
Thanked: 3,063 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

My Swift's left mirror is opening only partially. There is no continous whirring sound or anything after it's stops opening, it just stays partially opened. I hope this issue will be taken care in warranty and Maruti does wash it's hands off this saying it's a wear and tear item. Any tips though what could be the issue are welcome. I dare not forcefully open the mirror as it may damage it's internal gears which I bet are made of plastic. The left side of the car is exposed to the rain due to parking constraints. The car is covered (TPH cover) all time and I have seen water collect around the section which covers the mirror assembly. No washer guys touches the car.
sumeethaldankar is offline  
Old 17th August 2021, 20:33   #419
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Folks
I am facing a peculiar problem in 2018 Swift ZDI AMT. When I start car in the morning or after a long haul, a water-flowing noise comes from the front passenger side. This noise stops after a couple of minutes of engine running.

Everything seems to be okay related to ac drain pipe. Ac is also effective.
Any suggestions?
Navs is offline  
Old 17th August 2021, 20:47   #420
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 264
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Most probably coolant circulating into the heater matrix. Which is inside the dashboard. This is normal
Nanolover is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks