Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2019, 11:09   #316
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Is there a way to disable the sound / chime while locking / unlocking the Swift? If yes, please post the process. It is irritating to be honest and feels cheap, I will prefer blinking of indicators than sound.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 12:00   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is there a way to disable the sound / chime while locking / unlocking the Swift? If yes, please post the process. It is irritating to be honest and feels cheap, I will prefer blinking of indicators than sound.
In my 2014 Swift Vxi, one way to disable the sound is to first press both the buttons together for a second, and then press the lock/unlock button as per usual.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 29th December 2019 at 12:05.
Old 29th December 2019, 12:41   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
In my 2014 Swift Vxi, one way to disable the sound is to first press both the buttons together for a second, and then press the lock/unlock button as per usual.
Thanks. But it works for one time only.

I want to disable it permanently. (But not remove the sound source, in case I need to locate the car somewhere).
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 13:34   #319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks. But it works for one time only.

I want to disable it permanently. (But not remove the sound source, in case I need to locate the car somewhere).
Can you please check these pages (Page No. 2-4; 2-63; 2-64 & 2-65) in the owner's manual for details. I think you disable it via MID

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20191229133017.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20191229132551.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20191229132639.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20191229132611.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 11:22   #320
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who has driven the BS6 Swift ?

Any difference in the performance of the BS6 version ?
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 13:56   #321
BHPian

Hello fellow Gen IV Swift owners! Would like to share my experience and insights into my Zxi AMT that has now completed 20,000km in 1 year 10 months:

- Average fuel efficiency: Consistently doing 16kpl with a share of 80% city and 20% highway
- Had a minor brake issue from around 18,000km; a little ticking noise from the front right under light braking. This was sorted in the 20k service after disc re-surfacing
- Light whirring noise from the cabin blower; probably needs a bit of lubrication
- Recent 20k service bill was approximately 6000 having filled mineral oil and the other changes as per the user manual.

Overall, ownership has been predictable and completely hassle free. Looking forward to the next 10,000km!
qr20de is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:25   #322
BHPian

I bought a Swift VXi AMT about a fortnight ago. The car has run approximately 350 kms and is due for it's first service in 15 days.

- Typically, what things are looked into during the first service?
- After how many kilometers can one expect the car engine to "settle in"? Thanks!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:36   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Typically, what things are looked into during the first service?
The first service is typically just nut bolt tightening and any customer complaints (My swift had cabin vibrations for first service complaint). The cars today are quite well engineered, so don't recommend an oil change at 1000 kms like cars of old.

Quote:
After how many kilometers can one expect the car engine to "settle in"? Thanks!
The manufacturers recommended restrained speeds and in-gear acceleration for first 5000 kms (second service), or per what the owners manual states. In my experience, have found that the car really opens up post the third service/10k kms.
varunsangal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 08:38   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti silently updates Swift, now comes with SmartPlay Studio interface for the HeadUnit:

Maruti Swift : Official Review-capture.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 16:09   #325
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel discontinued in India. Diesel versions removed from official website.
Maruti Swift : Official Review-smartselect_20200417160830_chrome.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 11:24   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

How Swift's design was finalised, explains @cars_ketch on Instagram:

Maruti Swift : Official Review-94122527_156758475816267_7680906358977154848_n.jpg

Quote:
During the development stage of a car, several miniature one-third size clay models are made to compare the #cardesign three-dimensionally? . The #design is then narrowed down to be made into a full-size clay model, and goes through countless adjustments before the design is finalised!
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 23:10   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
Hello fellow Gen IV Swift owners! Would like to share my experience and insights into my Zxi AMT that has now completed 20,000km in 1 year 10 months:

- Average fuel efficiency: Consistently doing 16kpl with a share of 80% city and 20% highway
- Had a minor brake issue from around 18,000km; a little ticking noise from the front right under light braking. This was sorted in the 20k service after disc re-surfacing
- Light whirring noise from the cabin blower; probably needs a bit of lubrication
- Recent 20k service bill was approximately 6000 having filled mineral oil and the other changes as per the user manual.

Overall, ownership has been predictable and completely hassle free. Looking forward to the next 10,000km!
Thank you for sharing a short summary of your ownership experience. I am a new Swift VXi AMT owner (month/year of purchase: Feb 2020) and have completed 1500 kms. First servicing was done at around 950 kms.

So far the car is performing well and is a joy to drive (whatever little driving that one can do during these times!). I have the following queries:

1. How has been your experience with the AMT gearbox? Any suggestions to keep in mind to ensure a hassle free and smooth ownership experience?

2. Has the engine "settled in" after 20,000 kms? It takes sometime for a new car engine to reach optimum performance level. Hope you are happy with the Swift K12 engine.

3. Do you use any products for cleaning the interiors of the car? If yes, please share the details of the same. I am looking forward to ordering car care products once the lockdown is lifted/eased.

Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy many more kms with with your machine!
Old 27th June 2020, 10:24   #328
BHPian

Update after 2500 kms (only city driving):

1. As mentioned by others, the AMT is very convenient to drive in city traffic.

2. The K12 engine is indeed very smooth and rev happy. Though I am a sedate driver and haven't really pushed the car beyond 2000-2500 RPMs.

3. The fuel economy is indeed awesome - using the tankful to tankful method I am getting about 17.3 km/L! This is after only the first service. The fuel economy has in fact improved quite a lot over the past month. From about 13 to 17+.

Last edited by kushagra452 : 27th June 2020 at 10:47. Reason: Typo
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:08   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for sharing a short summary of your ownership experience. I am a new Swift VXi AMT owner (month/year of purchase: Feb 2020) and have completed 1500 kms. First servicing was done at around 950 kms.

So far the car is performing well and is a joy to drive (whatever little driving that one can do during these times!). I have the following queries:

1. How has been your experience with the AMT gearbox? Any suggestions to keep in mind to ensure a hassle free and smooth ownership experience?

2. Has the engine "settled in" after 20,000 kms? It takes sometime for a new car engine to reach optimum performance level. Hope you are happy with the Swift K12 engine.

3. Do you use any products for cleaning the interiors of the car? If yes, please share the details of the same. I am looking forward to ordering car care products once the lockdown is lifted/eased.

Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy many more kms with with your machine!
My sincere apologies kushagra452; I totally missed your reply. Congratulations on the purchase of your new Vxi AMT! Good to hear you've had a hassle free experience so far. Here's my responses to your questions:

1. I've completed just under 22k kilometers and the AMT has been performed beyond my expectations. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a very docile driver in the city so I rarely ever feel the change in gears when driving. On the numerous highway trips I have made, I always use the manual mode, given the number of overtakes and lane-changing we have to do.

2. The engine's performance has been sublime since I got the car! Its been very smooth and barely makes any noise. It does get a little harsh at higher RPMs especially when I'm on the highway but it manages to pull very easy making overtakes a breeze. Absolutely no complaints. But I personally change the air filter every 10k, along with the oil, because of the extremely dusty and polluted roads I drive in the city. I think its like Rs 250 but at least the engine breathes easier.

3. I got the car cleaning kit from Maruti when I bought the car and the stuff works great! Its by a well know German brand, apologies I forget the name. But I did a full interior and exterior detailing about a month ago, along with waxing and the car looks as new.

Just FYI, I got my blower motor replaced a week ago because of the loud whirring sound that was getting quite irritating. It was replaced under warranty.

I'm sure you'll enjoy driving your car as much as I do. Feel free to message in case you have any other questions.
qr20de is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 10:35   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
My sincere apologies kushagra452; I totally missed your reply. Congratulations on the purchase of your new Vxi AMT! Good to hear you've had a hassle free experience so far. Here's my responses to your questions:
Thanks for your detailed response. A few more queries:

1. On an average what are the fuel economy figures for you?

2. Has the fuel economy improved after the second and third service?

3. Did you get the engine oil and filter changed during the second or the third service?

Thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks