Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 23:29   #361
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navs View Post
You can use similar clip in the below pic to fit it and these are fender lining clips for the new swift.

Attachment 2079263
Thanks for your prompt reply.Will fender lining clips be enough to fix this part?Will it be safe?
Old 12th November 2020, 10:10   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelanjan View Post
Thanks for your prompt reply.Will fender lining clips be enough to fix this part?Will it be safe?
At rear, you need to use fender lining clips. For sides, nut and screw. Details given here: Link (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)

For front, You may use bolts since that is what's used in Dzire.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 12:25   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Does anyone have any further update on when the updated Swift with the Dualjet engine is coming? Thanks in advance.
I'm stuck with the same query.

I think I'm ready to buy my first car. The Swift is a clear choice for me. But I've not gone ahead and booked one, because I don't want the refresh to be launched a month after I buy the car. The update has been launched in other markets I think. The car was supposed to be launched in India in the festive season/Q3. But no concrete news on the update in some time now.

With the stickered version launched a month back and Swift selling in such huge numbers, will Maruti launch it this year?
gopaneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:18   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

And again, like September and October , the title goes to the Maruti Suzuki Swift with 18428 sales in Nov.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-top10carsnovember2020.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:46   #365
BHPian

November got some realistic sales figures . Maruti's premium products has lost the petrol game before the Koreans it seems. Non-Turbo , Diesel-exit has affected the Brezza (7K units) ,Ciaz and Scross. Ertiga sales are fuelled by CNG right now.

Maruti got a shut down plan for next month or wat ? Also Hyundai production may be affected by the cyclone and related restrictions in December.
Old 3rd December 2020, 17:25   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
And again, like September and October , the title goes to the Maruti Suzuki Swift with 18428 sales in Nov.

Source: Auto Punditz
This is not a surprise at all. I mean, the sheer number of new Swift's I see on the road every couple of hundred meters is a testimony to how the market has received this car. Having driven the new swift AMT version a bit, I can say it's a good car, except for the build quality.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 18:00   #367
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I'm planning to book a Swift zxi in a few days. I wanted to know if they void warranty because of the following upgrades/modifications.

1. Iph fog lamps with hid.
2. Aftermarket projector headlights with hid.
3. Aftermarket alloy wheels.
4. Pioneer hu.
5. Horn.

All would be socket to socket fit with no external relays. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2020 at 18:30. Reason: Typos.
Old 6th December 2020, 04:34   #368
Senior - BHPian

So i visited Sai service in Borivali and the SA there said you lose warranty if you install anything aftermarket. Damn. I'm still going to anyway!
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 03:09   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
So i visited Sai service in Borivali and the SA there said you lose warranty if you install anything aftermarket. Damn. I'm still going to anyway!
Honestly that is just a way to scare customers so that they purchase all accessories from the dealership.
Until and unless any stock wire is tampered the company won't wood your warranty.
Since you are opting for quite a few additional accessories, why don't you opt for the ZXI+ variant? It comes with almost all the features which you are planning to get fitted on the ZXI variant.The LED DRL headlamps on the top variant will be covered under insurance which wont be the case with aftermarket DRL headlamps.

Good luck but be prepared for interior panel rattles etc.My swift is just 2 years old with 7800 km on the odometer and there are quite a few rattling noise in the car when it goes over any imperfections on the road.

I would suggest you take a look at the grand I10 NIOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopaneel View Post
I'm stuck with the same query.

I think I'm ready to buy my first car. The Swift is a clear choice for me. But I've not gone ahead and booked one, because I don't want the refresh to be launched a month after I buy the car. The update has been launched in other markets I think. The car was supposed to be launched in India in the festive season/Q3. But no concrete news on the update in some time now.

With the stickered version launched a month back and Swift selling in such huge numbers, will Maruti launch it this year?

Check out the grand i10 NIOS once.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 13th December 2020 at 05:04. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Please use multi quote button to quote more than one post. Thanks
Neelanjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 15:19   #370
Senior - BHPian

Thanks but im not a fan of led headlights as they're useless in heavy rain and fog. I want to go for 4300k hid in 55w. Also, I've got a full music system with 2 amps from my previous car so I will be damping the 4 doors and boots initially like I had in my SX4 and it was pretty good. I can always add more later if required. I'm also going with the 3M underbody and exhaust coatings after delivery.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:20   #371
BHPian

EPS plagued with issues.

Hi,

I've been having issues with the steering on my 2018 swift. The issue is hard steering in slow speed and sticky movement. I've already went to MASS but they dismissed these behaviours as "normal".

Today I decided to troubleshoot the issue myself and took a peek under the dash to locate the EPS unit, and there I see a oil seepage.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-20201218_1435232_resize_44.jpg

It feels like some kind of lubricant but I thought EPS units don't require any type of fluid to work

Another thing I tried is I removed the connection to the EPS motor (2 thick wires, I assume its the power connection) and reconnected and started car and voila the steering immediately became feather light.

So anybody knows whats going on here ? How can I convince the MASS that there's indeed a problem with the steering ?

Thanks a lot.
Old 17th January 2021, 10:21   #372
Senior - BHPian

Got the engine guard recommended by BHpian LeoShashi fitted on my Swift and it is a neat fit. This should prevent "easy" access to the engine bay for rats who were trying to make my car their rainy day accommodation. The part had to be ordered beforehand and I had to cancel my initial appointment as the part was not there with the service centre.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-engineguard_swift1.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-engineguard_swift2.jpg

Had given the car for it's 4th paid service and got a nice fat bill of 15k. 1600 was for the engine guard and 200-300 for labor etc so if we minus that it comes to a unbelievable for a Maruti ~13k. ~200 was charged for sanitization and I do not know what was done really for that. Cooling coil was supposedly cleaned and dashboard was to be removed and fitted. I told them there not should not be any issues post the remove re-fit. Maybe this was not needed. Throttle body etc was cleaned as well. I asked not to do alignment balancing as I get it done outside.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-swiftbill1.jpg

Maruti Swift : Official Review-swiftbill2.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 17th January 2021 at 11:13. Reason: As requested.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:47   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Had given the car for it's 4th paid service and got a nice fat bill of 15k. 1600 was for the engine guard and 200-300 for labor etc so if we minus that it comes to a unbelievable for a Maruti ~13k. ~200 was charged for sanitization and I do not know what was done really for that. Cooling coil was supposedly cleaned and dashboard was to be removed and fitted. I told them there not should not be any issues post the remove re-fit. Maybe this was not needed. Throttle body etc was cleaned as well. I asked not to do alignment balancing as I get it done outside.
I'd like to point out the mistakes they have done(from your perspective) and ended up fleecing you/doing harm to your car.

1. Using gasket 09168M14012:This is meant for older engines with Iron/Steel sump like M800. All new engines use 09168M14015 which is meant for aluminum sump.

2. Pushing useless stuff like Super Cleaner and AC disinfectant. Do realize that all new cars have a Cabin filter and coils don't get clogged that easily. Completely useless.

3. Throttle body Cleaning: Entirely useless for a car run less than 20k and do note that they have charged labor two times for basically doing the same thing. Also do note they have taken labor for changing TB gasket but not used the gasket itself. You can challenge them for this. Basically they have sprayed some cleaner in your TB and that's it. And no way can they use all contents of the cleaner bottle in this. It's daylight robbery.

4. Using wrong grade engine oil: When 0w16/0w20 is recommended, who authorised them to use 0W40 ? Pure profit. 3.5L can of 0W16/20 costs ~Rs. 1500. 0W40 costs more than Rs. 3500 for same volume. Both are fully synthetic, 0W40 costing more because of wider viscosity range. If this is escalated, they will be forced to put correct grade oil and return you the money.

5. Water in Fuel Sensor R/R: This is another scam. Someone please show me where this sensor is in Petrol Marutis!

6. Diagnostics charges: For basically connecting their scan tool, which is part of the paid service if needed. They have charged you separately for that.

In short, almost 7k worth of stuff is useless in your 15k bill. I seriously recommend escalating this to MSIL. Unless escalated, this keeps on increasing the morale of the dealers. Simply complaining on forums like ours doesn't change anything unless some initiative is taken from customer's end, along with familiarizing yourself with all service items mentioned in owners manual.

Apologies for posting this so bluntly but the "loot" has ruined my mood. The PMS itself is on the higher side I believe. Did you visit their NEXA service by any chance??
Leoshashi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 14:54   #374
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am using a Feb 2020 Swift VXi AMT and have driven ~10,000kms in the past 11 months. Unfortunately, it seems that the brake pads have worn out and there is a definitive audible sound every time I press the brake pedal.

During the third free service, the SA told me that this is a common problem in all Maruti Swift models due to a manufacturing defect. Are BHPians also facing a similar issue? If this is indeed a manufacturing defect then has Maruti publicly recalled the car for a free replacement of brake pads? If not, is there any communication from the company regarding the same?

I have emailed and Tweeted to Maruti today. They have replied that a ASS Manager will get in touch with me.

Thanks!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 11:37   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am using a Feb 2020 Swift VXi AMT and have driven ~10,000kms in the past 11 months. Unfortunately, it seems that the brake pads have worn out and there is a definitive audible sound every time I press the brake pedal...
I have emailed and Tweeted to Maruti today. They have replied that a ASS Manager will get in touch with me.

Thanks!
My Swift zxi+ of Jan 2020 has run 23000km till now. It does not have such problem of sound while pressing the brake pedal. I urge you to get it checked from another ASS.
indrasis_gun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks