Team-BHP - 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/202613-2018-maruti-ciaz-facelift-1-5l-petrol-official-review-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EshanS (Post 5095465)
Need some help here. I have a 2019 Ciaz (facelift) Alpha Manual Petrol. Lately, have been scraping the front bumper on bumps. The front bumper at its lowest is majorly scraped while climbing speed breakers.
2) Install 195 or 205/60/16 tyres instead of the 55 profile. Ride height will increase. Tyres are new - 15k on ODO, might consider when they are due for a change.

I use 195/60R16 Goodyear Assurance TripleMax tyres on the front axle since the last one year, but have retained the original 195/55R16 Apollo Alnac 4G tyres on the rear axle. With 3 people, and about 100kg of luggage + tools etc. in the boot (combined payload would be ~350kg), I had occasion to drive on really rough roads last month - and did not scrape the bumper lip or the midsection even once. The quality of the road can be seen in this video:
https://youtu.be/j_IdS-2d-hg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211122_150001.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211122_173018.jpg

Average highway FE for 575 km with cruise control set @86kph

9 months & 11k kilometers (almost) on my 2021 Ciaz Alpha AT

Things I likeThings I am not fond ofIts been 9 months and the ownership experience has been completely fuss free. It is the sole reason which makes maruti such a bestseller. Ciaz serves as my highway ride with an exception of a few city runs, and till now it has met all my expectations. The longest distance I have driven her is for 650kms (10 hour journey , longest time being 12 hours )with just two small ten minute breaks and thats it, no feeling tiredness of any sort. Its a master of one trade and simply excels in it.

In terms of Kitna Deti hai, it has been serving me well, lowest been 12.6 kpl with 80% city 4 people on board most of the time and AC always turned on, with the highest being 19.9kpl (both calculation are tank to tank based).
Service cost has been reasonable as well, I change the oil every 5k kms and was charged 4432 which included labour for paid service, oil change (3.2 liters of 0w16)with oil filter, air filter, ac filter and coolant.

Here's my Izzy
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_171218.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_171255.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_171344.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20211127_173520.jpg

I booked a Ciaz zeta variant and am expecting to take delivery soon. I saw in the latest version of the brochure that zeta variant no longer has touchscreen infotainment system. I asked the salesperson at my local nexa and he says he hasn't heard anything about it. How do I confirm the change?

I just had an accident today on my way from hosur to chennai. It was few kilometers after Vellore. I was rear ended, the boot is completely damaged (will do a seperate post on how it happened). Checked it with nexa Ganesh cars. They said it was ok to drive. I didint have original DL or RC with me for insurance claim, so thought it was better to go back to hosur.

I'll be driving back on Monday. I'm planning to get it repaired at Amman cars hosur. Anyone has feedback on any major body work done by this service centre? I did my MGU replacement here and didn't have any complaints apart from the cleaning quality.

The other option is to give it to some sevice centre in Bangalore. But I would really prefer Amman cars due to the distance factor.

The guy at Ganesh cars gave a rough estimate of 50k to 60k, my sa at nexa hosur said 80 to 90k based on the photos I sent him.

Hello fellow BHPians, my ciaz alpha MT 2019 petrol model is giving a mileage of only 13kmpl ( city and highway combined). If it's in city driving only returning around 10kmpl. I serviced it on regular intervals. I discussed this matter with service center, they're are telling the theory of driving the car in between 60 -70 km/h speeds to increase the mileage. Advise needed from fellow ciaz owners

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIOrange (Post 5204359)
9 months & 11k kilometers (almost) on my 2021 Ciaz Alpha AT

Things I like...

Hi I have a 2018 Ciaz Delta. If you're facing issues with soft suspension then you can get a small bearing added to the shockers. It will cost you around 600-800 rupees but you won't face any issues with the soft suspension in future. Be informed though that the ride quality might get a bit hard but only you'll be able to notice it coz you'll know something is added to the shockers otherwise the scraping and other issues will be gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiali (Post 5316959)
Hello fellow BHPians, my ciaz alpha MT 2019 petrol model is giving a mileage of only 13kmpl ( city and highway combined). If it's in city driving only returning around 10kmpl. I serviced it on regular intervals. I discussed this matter with service center, they're are telling the theory of driving the car in between 60 -70 km/h speeds to increase the mileage. Advise needed from fellow ciaz owners

I have AT Alpha and it shines in fuel consumption only on highways, in cities I have seen it go as low as 6kmpl and as high as 25 kmpl on highways. A lot also depends on outside temperature ,your AC usage, traffic density and as is with all cars, how is it being driven. FE is at best between 70-90 kmph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiali (Post 5316959)

I get 16 to 17 kmpl on highways maintaining speeds 100 to 110. With city usage included, i have got 12 as the lowest. I'm now consciously trying to drive with a light foot to improve the mileage as well as improve the ride experience for passengers.

Any idea about whether the new 6 speed AT transmission is supposed to come in Ciaz in near future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manasmadaan (Post 5329511)
Any idea about whether the new 6 speed AT transmission is supposed to come in Ciaz in near future?

Sir, there is no such update on Ciaz facelift/ refresh as far as I know but it is logical that Maruti will use the K15C + 6AT combo in all its cars that have a K15B + 4AT at this time. Using two petrol engines of same capacity makes no financial sense.

Friends, in about a week's time, I would be taking delivery of a Ciaz Alpha MT. Are there any must-have add-ons / accessories before I bring it home?

I do not think it comes with an Engine / sump guard under body cover. Anyone who installed one, for their Ciaz?

I have a ciaz September 2021 MT. It’s done about 5000 kms on Odo. Took it out for a trip to the hills and realised that there is a khud khud sound from the right wheel when driven on slightly uneven roads. On smooth roads, there is no sound whatsoever. Will go back and get it checked. Could it be a lower arm bush getting damaged or suspension mount problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivmarwaha (Post 5337790)
Could it be a lower arm bush getting damaged or suspension mount problem?

A 2021 car and only 5000km is quite early to see such an issue, though Ciaz owners did report suspension sagging issues after a couple of years (which needed spacers to stiffen & stabilise the suspension).

Yours does look like a suspension bush/mount problem. Instead of driving further in that condition, please get it checked with the ASC. Warranty will cover any replacements needed. And please let us know what the diagnosis & fix was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagarthenormal (Post 5337985)
A 2021 car and only 5000km is quite early to see such an issue, though Ciaz owners did report suspension sagging issues after a couple of years (which needed spacers to stiffen & stabilise the suspension).

Yours does look like a suspension bush/mount problem. Instead of driving further in that condition, please get it checked with the ASC. Warranty will cover any replacements needed. And please let us know what the diagnosis & fix was.

Thanks. I would get it checked when back in Delhi and update here. I suspect the lower arm bush issue. So another 700 km before I hit home.