Team-BHP - Honda CR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda CR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/207520-honda-cr-v-official-review-4.html)

Great review!!!! Wish could say the same for the car

Feel its highly overprices for what it offers especially with that 1.6 L oil burner and cramped seats. Would have been much better and competitive if they could have shave a few lakhs from the price, may have made the car the success for Honda it so desperately needs lately

I wish CRV could have been better priced. I sold my heart out to it over Kodiaq, Endevour and Fortuner and it is a real good product with nice to use features. But when it comes to pricing 32.5 lacs for 2.0 petrol, 36.5 lacs for 1.6 2WD diesel and 38 lacs for 1.6AWD diesel at Gurgaon, it looks a lot more difficult. IMHO price range between 25-30 OTR would have done wonders to it.

Great review.

I think the CR V has its fans, who will continue to buy it. Disagree with those who think that the car is grossly over priced - it is priced at a reasonable discount to the Kodiaq and in line with previous generations of the CR V on a relative basis. Agree the diesel is under powered - to my mind, it seems to be a case of just adding the diesel to say we have a full portfolio. Perhaps Honda was not confident about the reliability of the twin turbo version given Indian fuel quality. Overall, yet another 100 unit a month product - anything more will be a bonus

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4558468)
Audible speed warnings at 80 km/h and 120 km/h are provided in the CR-V. While the continuous beep at 120 km/h makes sense, the one at 80 km/h sounds once in 60 seconds and can get irritating. Thankfully it is mild:

Yet another great review covering all details :thumbs up
Is it possible to shut off these warnings in the settings?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolmind (Post 4562420)
Is it possible to shut off these warnings in the settings?

Sadly no. With above average music volume however, it can be mitigated to some extent. 80 km/h one is still ok as its intermittent, but the 120 km/h one is continuous.

Its another matter that our roads are not safe for 120 km/h speeds so I will say that its ok. But 80 km/h is something else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4562428)
Sadly no.
Its another matter that our roads are not safe for 120 km/h speeds so I will say that its ok. But 80 km/h is something else.

I heard that this will be the mandatory norm on all cars sold in India from sometime in 2019. But I just hope that this can be disabled at dealer level. If not then this can be reason enough to hold on to my current cars for as long as I can.:Frustrati
The review is excellent and covers all the points in details. But sadly the car will be a market dud for obvious reasons as mentioned in previous posts. I wonder why Honda is not getting competitive in the market and why don't they launch HRV in India. This can be a real alternative to Creta, Ecosport and the likes. They are just too happy with their Amaze, WRV and City. Even Civic petrol without manual is a missed opportunity. Sorry for going off topic.

So I recently took the CRV out on the Mumbai-Pune expressway and I was pleasantly surprised with it's high speed stability, unlike most other Jap cars I have owned in the past. The CRV felt half german in it's highway manners.

It rides flat and very comfortably, road noise is well muted but it's not as muted as higher end German sedans.

The LED headlights really shine on the highway, the throw is brilliant and gives you a clear sight of the entire road ahead.

The engine ofcourse does run out of breath easily at high speeds but if you stay around the 120-150 km/hr mark its decently capable. However, you need to put the CVT in S Sport mode to enjoy the drive. In regular D more with Eco button pushed its very boring!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4568543)
The engine ofcourse does run out of breath easily at high speeds but if you stay around the 120-150 km/hr mark its decently capable. However, you need to put the CVT in S Sport mode to enjoy the drive. In regular D more with Eco button pushed its very boring!

How irritating was the speed buzzer at 120 plus ?

Crv is quite stable at high speeds and braking is also good. It can eat roads well if one doesn't look at fuel efficiency and high running costs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4568547)
How irritating was the speed buzzer at 120 plus ?

Crv is quite stable at high speeds and braking is also good. It can eat roads well if one doesn't look at fuel efficiency and high running costs.

The buzzer is actually not that disturbing, its quite soft. Especially on the highway with the road noise you cannot hear it in the back seat. Even in the front seat it's quite soft with all the background and music sounds.

Yes, the braking is indeed very good. FE as mentioned earlier with the CVT is very respectable. It delivers better FE than my previous gen Altis.
Running costs shouldn't be too high, it's a honda afterall. My altis just completed its 10 year service and it costed me 12k! Lexus first year service costed the same amount too!

My guesstimate is that if I keep the CRV for 7 years I will spend 1.5 to 2 lakhs maintenance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4568569)
The buzzer is actually not that disturbing, its quite soft.

My guesstimate is that if I keep the CRV for 7 years I will spend 1.5 to 2 lakhs maintenance

Good to hear about the buzzer being soft otherwise it would've been annoying.

In my 4 years of CRV ownership I have driven 25000 kms and serviced the car regularly as per schedule, renewed extended warranties, detailing once a year etc. I must've spent about 70k . Costs of insurance etc are additional.

Honda insists on 2 services a year even for the crv.
I don't think it needs more than 1 a year.

It's really surprising that Dealers don't have a CRV for display, let alone a TD vehicle.

Non the less my tryst to experience one in person before placing an order continues.

The petrol vs Deisel arguement continues in my mind. The car will be driven less. About 1500 to 2000 kms a month only. Almost all in the city itself. And it's for my father who drives a civic right now.

Need to experience one. Also want to see how premium does the button vs gear lever on petrol feels.

Took at TD of the Diesel CRV a day back. Its a decent city car. Of course the engine's small size can be felt in the way it moves. But adequate for the town and city driving.

Problem is the Rear Head Room. I cannot sit straight in the back seat. The Middle Row ie. There just isn't enough room for the head and I'm just 5'10". My father would never be able to sit in it.

So out goes the Diesel!

Now I'm waiting for someone to have a petrol in which I can have a ride and feel if the Head Room is better as the rear AC duct isn't present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 4580656)

Now I'm waiting for someone to have a petrol in which I can have a ride and feel if the Head Room is better as the rear AC duct isn't present.

The petrol has plenty of headroom. I am sure you won't have any head room complaints even if you are tall.

So the CRV is being offered with really lucrative deals and if someone is out in the market for a reliable no fuss car i guess its the best time to buy one. I just booked my 1.6 diesel 2 wd today in white. Expected in the 1st week of July. I've been on the lookout for a vehicle for myself and after seeing a lot of options the CRV came across the best in terms of what I was looking out for. All online reviews have been inclined towards the diesel being better to drive comparatively to the petrol, plus with the offers available on the diesel it turned out to be at nearly the same price as petrol (diff of only around 30k post discounts). Initially i had sidelined the CRV after driving it and booked the Tucson but the booking was cancelled since hyundai didn't have production lined up for the Tucson at their plant before the end of next month. The price difference between the Tucson and the CRV is still a substantial 5 lacs post discounts on both cars but this time i'm planning on keeping the car for a long haul and I believe a Honda will fare better and age a lot better compared to a Hyundai.
Contemplated on the German brigade too and really good offers were available but finally decided to go with lower running cost and peace of mind over driving pleasure and solidity.

Aren’t there any discounts on the Petrol CRV?