Team-BHP - Honda CR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda CR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/207520-honda-cr-v-official-review-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4896153)
The only other car worth considering is a sedan- the skoda superb. In terms of comfort I would always pick a sedan over a SUV but not in this case as the suspension setup of the CRV is a lot plusher than the harder setup on the Superb.

There is one thing missing from this thread and you are the only one who can fill this gap.

The thread has no pictures of the 5 seater petrol rear seats and legroom and extra headroom.

The USP of the petrol is the second row seats which are pushed further back than diesel and give more legroom plus they are not designed with extra hinges. On top of it the lack of roof mounted vents frees up a lot of headroom.

None of these are captured in this thread since all pics are from 7 seater diesel.

Please do a photoshoot of the rear seats and put them up here!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4896153)
The car is doing great. Like any Honda, its been stress free ownership. The FE is around 7-8kmpl.

For sedate drivers as well as chauffeur driven cars there is no better option in this price segment if you are looking for comfort, space and reliability. The only other car worth considering is a sedan- the skoda superb. In terms of comfort I would always pick a sedan over a SUV but not in this case as the suspension setup of the CRV is a lot plusher than the harder setup on the Superb.

What deals are currently on the CRV? I am sure Nov, Dec and Jan will have great offers as the CRV is a slow seller plus recession pressure would make it a good time to buy.

Thank you Sahil. This is useful. I am already sold on the comfort space and reliability since the time I saw the CRV in flesh. Your point on the suspension setup gives me a lot of confidence over the superb and peace of mind ownership is right up there on my priority list.

Currently, they are just offering 50k which I feel is the dealer discount. I do not mind waiting until Nov, Dec and Jan if they offer good deals. But that’s also the time when BMW dealers would start offering great deals on the X1 leading to confusion.lol:From a comfort standpoint, would you rate the CRV above the X1? I understand the drive cannot be compared, but purely from comfort, features, low maintenance costs and reliability standpoint. Your thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4896167)
There is one thing missing from this thread and you are the only one who can fill this gap.

The thread has no pictures of the 5 seater petrol rear seats and legroom and extra headroom.

The USP of the petrol is the second row seats which are pushed further back than diesel and give more legroom plus they are not designed with extra hinges. On top of it the lack of roof mounted vents frees up a lot of headroom.

None of these are captured in this thread since all pics are from 7 seater diesel.

Please do a photoshoot of the rear seats and put them up here!:)

Thank you. I was going to request Sahil to share few pics of the interior space as well since the video reviews online focused more on the diesel 7 seater.

Sahil - if you could share how many kms have been clocked and a service update if possible, that will be very helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ2285 (Post 4896170)
From a comfort standpoint, would you rate the CRV above the X1? I understand the drive cannot be compared, but purely from comfort, features, low maintenance costs and reliability standpoint. Your thoughts?

CRV wins over the X1 in all criteria mentioned by you

Quote:

This is what I have. Sorry don’t have any photos of the legroom in the back seats.

Quote:

Now it does, even though the pictures aren’t of the best quality.

Does anybody have any information on the release of the facelift of the Honda CRV. The dealers say there is hardly any stock only one white is available at the factory, its not in production, is the facelift launch eminent ? Can anybody throw some light if anyone has any contacts in Honda higher up ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4899105)
Does anybody have any information on the release of the facelift of the Honda CRV. The dealers say there is hardly any stock only one white is available at the factory, its not in production, is the facelift launch eminent ?

As I have mentioned earlier -

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze (Post 4861386)
The CR-V is now available with a 1 month waiting period and is made to order. Both petrol & diesel variants are available & they’re both BS6.

Read this however you wish to, since it’s from a dealer, but Honda hasn’t informed them about any hybrid/facelifted CR-V, nor do they (dealer) expect there to be any new model of this vehicle for the next few year/s.

It’s still in production as they are accepting bookings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze (Post 4899389)
As I
It’s still in production as they are accepting bookings.

Diesel is not in production. As per 3 dealers. Only petrol available but that also not in production. Maybe next month they might but no clarity.

Diesel is off production according to the dealers. No running promotions or sales info as well.

Another noticeable item is lack of TD cars. The ones that were with the dealerships were sold off and they haven't received new ones yet.
This could mean they are either waiting for the bs6 (facelift) or Honda is still thinking on what to do with crv as such. This is worrying since it's almost Diwali season where manufacturers were supposed to be going full throttle

Honda does this mistake of overpricing their very competitive cars when they launch here.

That's spoiling their image and also sales.

The CR-V would have clicked if Honda had priced it 3-4 lakhs cheaper, Current one is 28.27 lakhs Ex-Showroom Delhi. Diesel should have been a Twin Turbo Unit.

This car is much superior dynamically compared to Ladder on Frame SUVs like Fortuner & Endeavour. Not everyone prefers a Pure SUV like the above 2.

I don't see Diesel coming back anytime soon, Petrol will stay if Hybrid isn't introduced. Soon ,we may hear some update from Honda. If Dealers are accepting bookings but not having stock means it's a case of Made on Order.

Honda should be worried about loosing sales if they repeat these mistakes. They should think of pricing Hybrid CR-V sensibly to stay competitive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4899400)
Diesel is not in production. As per 3 dealers. Only petrol available but that also not in production. Maybe next month they might but no clarity.

You’re right! I stand corrected, upon presenting your evidence to the dealer today, they finally admitted that Honda has stopped production of the diesel CR-V due to many customers complaining about the underpowered 1.6L engine.

Still baffles why they have the diesel models included in the price list when making enquires for the CR-V.

Again, thanks to everyone for rightly pointing out the wrong information which I provided earlier. I do apologise.

When asked about why there’s no stock of the petrol CR-V, the dealer didn’t have a clue. I’m just guessing here, but maybe the pandemic has affected the production of the CKD kits which are being imported from Thailand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze (Post 4900736)
You’re right! I stand corrected, upon presenting your evidence to the dealer today.

No issues buddy. Happens to the best of us. So my reading of the whole situation is slightly different.

See the CKD kits come from Thailand. Thailand already has the new facelift out there since a few months, now what Honda does is that it continues in India till old kit available and then does some minor model change in India if not entirely. Now I have this lingering feeling that due to pandemic they may not be able to launch facelift quickly so they’re just waiting it out but god knows it’s Honda one of the most lazy companies I’ve come across with one of the strongest and most competitive products.

The reason why no TD vehicles around as before BS4 they had all TD as diesel AWD now due to BS4 - BS6 all dealers sold their demo cars and subsequently stock of kits might be less so no dealer investing in a TD car . I suspect a minor model change maybe now or in early 2021 in India which is one of the reason I am holding out on buying one but some clarity would obviously be appreciated. I have written to autocar India but no response, wrote to Honda India but no response, it’s very disappointing that even Honda loyalists are treated with such lack of response. The only reason I stick to Honda is due to the reliability and ease of maintenance, in 6 years of the CRV I must’ve not paid more than 1 lac in maintenance. Let’s see, let’s hope they change their ways and price products competitively. In my opinion the current price of petrol should be left unchanged when hybrid comes otherwise it’ll become ridiculously expensive and no one will buy whatever limited they buy these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4900818)
Thailand already has the new facelift out there since a few months, now what Honda does is that it continues in India till old kit available and then does some minor model change in India if not entirely.

The reason why no TD vehicles around as before BS4 they had all TD as diesel AWD now due to BS4 - BS6 all dealers sold their demo cars and subsequently stock of kits might be less so no dealer investing in a TD car . I suspect a minor model change maybe now or in early 2021 in India which is one of the reason I am holding out on buying one but some clarity would obviously be appreciated.

Honda still sells the current CR-V in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia & other SE Asian countries, albeit with the 1.5L turbo as their flagship CR-V. So it’s not only India which is stuck with the present model. However, what you’ve said is absolutely correct in the way Honda has remained eerily silent about information regarding their future products, and more so towards their die hard fans.

The TD vehicle in Goa is still a diesel AWD (BS4 ?).

Whether the facelift/hybrid makes it to India is yet to be seen, but I wouldn’t keep my hopes high, given how lethargic Honda is in India. When I asked the dealer, they were clueless & didn’t think there would be any updates to the CR-V in the near future.

Couldn’t agree more about their reliable & no nonsense world class vehicles which cost peanuts to maintain (ditto for Toyota).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze (Post 4900860)
When I asked the dealer, they were clueless & didn’t think there would be any updates to the CR-V in the near future..

Theyre always clueless or lying it seems. When I bought my current CRV in 2014 end I was in a similar dilemma, whether to wait or just buy, at that time the sales guy assured me sir, we have no information, nothing new is coming, don’t wait, I heard him out and then I signed the cheque, even the colour I wanted I made a compromise at that time ( in hindsight a good compromise ), I even went thru their accessories list and got a few things fitted albeit one thing the steering mounted phone buttons I didn’t get with my 2.4 which I regret to this day. Then in 2 months they came out with a facelift, which had a new HU, all the accessories I ordered coming as standard with the car and a start stop which made me look like a fool because if told, I would’ve waited for it. All the same price.

Now the dealers are saying the same thing, sir, no new model, no information, nothing, buy now, etc etc. I don’t want to make the same mistake so I’m holding out on it, let’s say my gut is correct and facelift arrives in 1-2 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze (Post 4900736)
I stand corrected, upon presenting your evidence to the dealer today, they finally admitted that Honda has stopped production of the diesel CR-V

No worries, cheers! Little will we doubt as they have the pricelist itself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4901051)
I don’t want to make the same mistake so I’m holding out on it, let’s say my gut is correct and facelift arrives in 1-2 months.

Definitely should wait it out until we hear something out from Honda. Over here, the dealers are not encouraging with the booking either since they aren't very clear about it's status.
I too believe that they would bring out the facelift version once they are ready with it.

Hybrid is very unlikely to happen, given how overpriced it is already.

So after lot of pestering the dealers a lot over the last few weeks im informed today that to wait as CRV MMC is nearing the horizon. Final time line will be shared with me in due course but i am guessing that Honda will do it in 2021 jan / feb timeline unless they want to target diwali car buyers. Will keep you all posted.