Team-BHP - 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209896-2019-ford-figo-facelift-official-review-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 5368064)
Any suggestions for tyres for an Aspire? Its a facelift Titanium. Looking for a good balanced upgrade from the stock Apollos.

Hi Doge,

I changed to Earth-1. Difference is mind blowing, grip is atleast two levels better than the stock Apollos, road noise has also considerably reduced. I can't comment on the life of my tyres right now as it has only been a few days, but I'm pretty confident this will last very long for my car.

Yokohoma S-Drive and BluEarth GT costs a bit more than Earth-1, but according to the dealer, who is a Yokohoma Club Network member, the Earth-1 will last a bit longer than the other two while the other two are more comfortable.

You can also look at options from Michelin but a lot of people I know who own Fords have changed to Yoko Earth-1 citing the long life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiSW (Post 5369561)
Hi Doge,

I changed to Earth-1. Difference is mind blowing, grip is atleast two levels better than the stock Apollos, road noise has also considerably reduced. I can't comment on the life of my tyres right now as it has only been a few days, but I'm pretty confident this will last very long for my car.

Yokohoma S-Drive and BluEarth GT costs a bit more than Earth-1, but according to the dealer, who is a Yokohoma Club Network member, the Earth-1 will last a bit longer than the other two while the other two are more comfortable.

You can also look at options from Michelin but a lot of people I know who own Fords have changed to Yoko Earth-1 citing the long life.

Hi,
What tyre size are you running on the Earth 1’s? I am unable to find the tyre in the stock 195/55 size and would have to upsize the profile to get the Earth 1. If you have upsized, did you face any rubbing issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 5378464)
Hi,
What tyre size are you running on the Earth 1’s? I am unable to find the tyre in the stock 195/55 size and would have to upsize the profile to get the Earth 1. If you have upsized, did you face any rubbing issue?

Hi,

I had 175 initially, I changed to 185/65, no rubbing issues, i also postponed my rim change hence 185 and not 195.
I'm assuming the upsize you were referring to was 195/65? I don't think you will face rubbing issues because as far as i know, that is within the safe upsize limits.

What would be a good price for a 2019 Figo AT with 21k kms single owner in good condition?

I have a 2019 Figo TDCi Titanium which has done 18k km and the 3rd service is scheduled for tomorrow.

For the past few weeks, I have been making a peculiar observation. As soon as I park the car and turn off the engine, I can feel a distinct but mild vibration which lasts at least 2-3 seconds after the engine is turned off. It is not something serious right now but I don't want it to become serious. It has started soon after my 1200km road-trip in Mid-August.

Could anyone please help me identify the source of this vibration? I think it is the turbo slowing down and stopping but I don't remember it happening prior to August. There is no other problem. FE is alright, acceleration is good as always, black smoke under acceleration is the usual, nothing out of the ordinary apart from this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antz.bin (Post 5414039)
I have a 2019 Figo TDCi Titanium which has done 18k km and the 3rd service is scheduled for tomorrow.

For the past few weeks, I have been making a peculiar observation. As soon as I park the car and turn off the engine, I can feel a distinct but mild vibration which lasts at least 2-3 seconds after the engine is turned off. It is not something serious right now but I don't want it to become serious. It has started soon after my 1200km road-trip in Mid-August.

Could anyone please help me identify the source of this vibration? I think it is the turbo slowing down and stopping but I don't remember it happening prior to August. There is no other problem. FE is alright, acceleration is good as always, black smoke under acceleration is the usual, nothing out of the ordinary apart from this.

Hey Antz. Sustained vibration can mean something's either loose or on its way to becoming one or could be something even sinister. Only a deep dive could perhaps let us know. If you could perhaps record the same, that would give us a clearer picture.

I would recommend the following drill.

Have you tried to observe for this peculiar sound when the car is driven, inside cabin?
Have you tried to keep the car running at idle and revving mildly and letting it settle to see if the sound emanates?
Does this issue pop up only when you turn the engine off irrespective of a warmed up engine or a cold engine?

I would recommend you to open the hood and observe for this sound after a warmed up drive, ask someone to turn the engine off and inspect/listen to the engine compartment to get an idea as to where this sound emanates. Turbo is pretty much atop so it's easier to stoop over and hear for any distinct sounds.

Keep us updated.

Cheers!
VJ

1 hour after I posted here, I went out for some errands; 10km, very low speeds. About 5 minutes of idling with AC on. Thats when I realized that the AC is not working when the car is stationary. It works when I am in turbo zone but I doubt it was working very well under it at speeds of 10-20. There was so much rain in the past few months and so little direct sunlight that I missed symptom this all this while.

Anyways, the car was picked up for service in the morning today but before that happened, I tried troubleshooting this on my own.

After idling the engine for 2-3 minutes, I started the aircon and switched it to Max cooling. The fan right behind the front grill did not turn on all this while. The AC not working could not be replicated here since it was 8:30 AM and no sunlight on the car. I have reported my findings to the SA and he will have it looked at during the service. According to him, this is not right and the fan should have turned on by then. When I did turn off the engine, the slowing down vibration in my previous post could not be felt. So that one happens only when the engine is warmed up.

Thanks VJ for the response.
Quote:

Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 (Post 5414397)
Hey Antz. Sustained vibration can mean something's either loose or on its way to becoming one or could be something even sinister. Only a deep dive could perhaps let us know. If you could perhaps record the same, that would give us a clearer picture.

There is no sound. Just a faint vibration of some rotating mass slowing down. This stops in 2-3 seconds. Thats why I suspected the turbo initially.

Quote:

Have you tried to observe for this peculiar sound when the car is driven, inside cabin?

No sounds out of the ordinary when the car is in motion. It happens *after* I turn off the engine.

Quote:

Have you tried to keep the car running at idle and revving mildly and letting it settle to see if the sound emanates?

Did that. Nothing.

Quote:

Does this issue pop up only when you turn the engine off irrespective of a warmed up engine or a cold engine?

It happens only when the engine is warmed up. Now that I type this, I think the evidence points towards the fan.

Quote:

I would recommend you to open the hood and observe for this sound after a warmed up drive, ask someone to turn the engine off and inspect/listen to the engine compartment to get an idea as to where this sound emanates. Turbo is pretty much atop so it's easier to stoop over and hear for any distinct sounds.

This will probably end the mystery. I haven't been able to do it yet.

Quote:

Keep us updated.

Cheers!
VJ

I will update the thread when I have some feedback from the SVC. The car is still covered under its 5 year factory warranty so I am not too worried.

All right, I would leave it to the folks at the SVC to come at the right conclusion. The fan should immediately turn on when the AC switch is turned on, which is a good measure to know that the AC system is functioning as it should, or it could perhaps be a faulty fan. Would be glad to know how this pans out. Keep us updated

Cheers!
VJ

Service update:

I don't know what they did but the rotating mass vibration at engine shutdown is gone.

They were able to replicate the AC issue but I needed the car back and they did not have enough time to diagnose. Car is going back in on Monday for that to be fixed under warranty. Haven't taken the car out in sunlight yet but AC seemed to be working.

Update on the Aircon situation.

It was fixed under warranty. Seemed to be a problem with the Fan. As per the SA, fan was short. No idea why or how that happened. Car came back just this afternoon, seemed to work fine. Will update here when I have had the chance to test it thoroughly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antz.bin (Post 5423757)
Update on the Aircon situation.

It was fixed under warranty. Seemed to be a problem with the Fan. As per the SA, fan was short. No idea why or how that happened. Car came back just this afternoon, seemed to work fine. Will update here when I have had the chance to test it thoroughly.

Thanks Anant. My prediction was not bad after all. Thanks for the update.

Cheers!
VJ

Recently changed some parts like all four struts, and some here and there changes, but the star of the show is the alloys that i got from freestyle. Great stance. Overall this car makes me fall in love over and over again. 6.5 years on, after driving other cars around in the sub 25 lacs bracket, i come back drive my car and think in disbelief why did this car not sell?

Can we retrofit 2019 Figo headlight unit into 2015 Figo?

If so what are the challenges?

While going through Boodmo, the rear part of 2019 unit is different.

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-2015.png

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-2019.png

Kindly help.

Greetings fellow BHP-ians,

I’m currently considering a replacement for my Figo’s stock Apollo R15 195/55 tyres. I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions or recommendations regarding alternative tyre options.

Furthermore, the dealer is advocating for R15 195/60 tires, citing improved comfort due to increased height. While the idea is appealing, I’m concerned about potential rubbing against the body due to this height increase and change in driving dynamics (especially the steering weight and feedback) due to the added weight. Any insights or advice on this matter would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 5368064)
Any suggestions for tyres for an Aspire? Its a facelift Titanium. Looking for a good balanced upgrade from the stock Apollos.

Which tyres did you upgrade to and how have they been?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zyeago (Post 5663794)
Greetings fellow BHP-ians,
I’m concerned about potential rubbing against the body due to this height increase and change in driving dynamics (especially the steering weight and feedback) due to the added weight. Any insights or advice on this matter would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance!

If driving dynamics matter to you, avoid the 60 section tyres at all cost. Ride will get much better, but at the cost of handling!