Team-BHP - 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209896-2019-ford-figo-facelift-official-review-13.html)

I was thinking the same. With all affinity for a ford engine and driving dynamics, I am somehow having an uneasy feeling when I consider trend diesel (or even petrol for that matter) that apparently does not even have central locking (from what i saw in cardekho features). Skoda rapid is a value for money buy although its service experience is something to think of before purchasing. I wish ford gave atleast basic features. With its engine and service experience, it would have a been a great buy.

Ford silently hiked the price of Figo up to 30,000. Blu variant gets a 30k hike whereas titanium gets a 20k hike.

Figo blu TDCi is now 25k costlier than VW Polo highline 1.0tsi

Ford Figo is set to get TC gearbox soon!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ce=browserpush

There is an accessory for underbody protection for Figo. The cost listed on Ford Website is around Rs. 4300/-. I own a Figo S (2019) and contemplating this to make sure the engine is protected from stones, road chips and rodents. Someone who has used or know about the usage, please help with pros, cons and need to have it installed. The mentioned accessory is for the new facelifted Figo, however I feel there is no difference in the car dimensions so it should fit the previous Figo as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4854549)
There is an accessory for underbody protection for Figo. The cost listed on Ford Website is around Rs. 4300/-. I own a Figo S (2019) and contemplating this to make sure the engine is protected from stones, road chips and rodents. Someone who has used or know about the usage, please help with pros, cons and need to have it installed. The mentioned accessory is for the new facelifted Figo, however I feel there is no difference in the car dimensions so it should fit the previous Figo as well.

The underbody protection will definitely fit your Figo S as well since the car is the same as the latest one. I got it fitted in my EcoSport at the time of delivery itself, it definitely protects the underbody and is worth it. Also it protects from rats and other small animals from entering the engine bay (provides around 70% protection from small animals, they can still get in from smaller nooks and corners).

Hi CEF_Beasts

Is the underbody protection available for both petrol and diesel variants of EcoSport or is it specific to only diesel variant?
I have a petrol variant 2019 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 (Post 4854659)
Hi CEF_Beasts

Is the underbody protection available for both petrol and diesel variants of EcoSport or is it specific to only diesel variant?
I have a petrol variant 2019 model.

Yes, it’s available as an official accessory by Ford for both petrol and diesel models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4854549)

I am not sure if I answered your same query sometime ago, or another members. This won't fit the pre-facelift Figo/Aspire.
I had visited their parts depot when this part was introduced since I wanted it on my Aspire S. They will check the part number against the VIN of your car in the database, and it will show there if it is compatible or not. This wasn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4855675)
I am not sure if I answered your same query sometime ago, or another members. This won't fit the pre-facelift Figo/Aspire.
I had visited their parts depot when this part was introduced since I wanted it on my Aspire S. They will check the part number against the VIN of your car in the database, and it will show there if it is compatible or not. This wasn't.

Not me, may be some other member. However, isn't it strange that the cars are near identical and yet the underbody cover isn't compatible? May be they want it to be specifically for the newer ones.
How is your Aspire S doing? Almost half a lakh milestone it must have reached by now. Any parts changed, like clutch?
My Figo S post Wolf has got better. There are those moments where you want the car to not have so much power however overall I like the way it pulls, almost like a locomotive. Planning to get her detailed post monsoon, good seat covers and an amplifier with good speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4855724)
May be they want it to be specifically for the newer ones.

Yes, mostly the reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4855724)

How is your Aspire S doing? Almost half a lakh milestone it must have reached by now. Any parts changed, like clutch?
My Figo S post Wolf has got better. There are those moments where you want the car to not have so much power however overall I like the way it pulls, almost like a locomotive. Planning to get her detailed post monsoon, good seat covers and an amplifier with good speakers.

I haven't been using it much because of being at home. I started taking it once in few week for a highway run to recharge myself as well as the car.
It has not done 30k yet. Only the brake pads were replaced in the last annual service although it had life left.

I'll be getting the down pipe sometime in the next one year as I identified a place that does it close to me. After that will get another suitable map by WM.

Waiting for your system upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn (Post 4843193)
I was thinking the same. With all affinity for a ford engine and driving dynamics, I am somehow having an uneasy feeling when I consider trend diesel (or even petrol for that matter) that apparently does not even have central locking (from what i saw in cardekho features). Skoda rapid is a value for money buy although its service experience is something to think of before purchasing. I wish ford gave atleast basic features. With its engine and service experience, it would have a been a great buy.

Hey man, i think you got the features a bit wrong.
I would say head to the official site and check out the original brochure for the feature list. and yes the trend variant does have central locking.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_narender (Post 4841945)
But now, the difference between petrol & diesel is way too much (90k before, 120k now in ex-showroom). Skoda Rapid Rider makes much more sense to me now or the upcoming Ford Figo AT?

Neo

And I bought My 2017 Aspire Titanium TDCi @ 8.35L (ON ROAD) including 5 years warranty extension pack & that non sense essential kit along with Zero Dep Insurance.

Right now, without discount, it's not possible to even get Figo TDCi Titanium at that price !!

Ford is cashing in our enthusiasm for its TDCi for sure.

Now coming to Skoda Rapid. Awesome driving dynamics, impressive performance & better built than Ford.

Definitely rider & rider plus variants are just stunningly well priced value for money deal. Even they are running good discount on all other higher variants but there is one thing which this TSi can't much. Stunning fuel economy. No matter how ruthless you are with TDCi, you can't bring it below 20kmpl (highways), even with full load & AC at full blast.

Try that with TSi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefpk (Post 4859061)
Hey man, i think you got the features a bit wrong.
I would say head to the official site and check out the original brochure for the feature list. and yes the trend variant does have central locking.
Thanks.

Thanks. That information was as per Cardekho compare but yes in official site it mentions central locking.

Hello All,

Our Figo TDCI has completed 44531km and is 4.5years old now. Of course due to the lockdown it has hardly been driven for 1000km in the last 7months.
Yesterday I got the Ford doorstep service done from PPS Ford.
He replaced the Engine oil, oil filter, gasket drain plug and the Air filter.
He also performed an inspection and noted that the Thermostat housing is leaking coolant.
Normally I keep a track of the fluid levels but since the car was very sparsely driven during the lockdown, I also lost track.
He filled the coolant reservoir with water and it took about a liter of water!
He asked to get the Thermostat housing inspected at the workshop as they can perform a leak test by pressurizing the reservoir and checking if there are any leaks.
He said it will become a serious issue soon.
I'm a bit hesitant to go to the service center myself as the closest and the best one is in a very crowded neighborhood. Also I prefer staying at the SVC next to the car while the work is being performed.
Here is a photo I took of the leak. Would appreciate if someone can gauge the seriousness of the issue and does it require immediate resolution?
If it is serious I'll go to the SVC but want to avoid it if possible now.
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-inkedimg_20200927_150004_li_moment.jpg

The Figo TDCI looks like an excellent option for enthusiasts. Of course you will need to do a few upgrades:
- Nicer wheels (Freestyle one are a nice option).
- Better Tyres.
- Lowering Springs (From the Figo S or aftermarket ones like Cobra or Eibach).
- A nice android HU.
- Chrome Delete for the Titanium / Sticker & Blue Delete for the Blu.
- Stage I Remap.

One doubt is which is a more sensible model if the above updates are to be done?
Titanium or Blu?