Team-BHP - 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209896-2019-ford-figo-facelift-official-review-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdiSolEn (Post 4691507)
Hi. I am in a similar situation myself. Need an auto hatch for the better half. I am confused between this and the Polo GT.

Looking forward to an user review from you soon!

Have a need for similar car for my daily commute, have rejected GT just for DSG issues being reported here! We have had a polo before and front seats and service were also deal breakers.

If not for Figo, I would have to settle for some diesel AMT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4691876)
Have a need for similar car for my daily commute, have rejected GT just for DSG issues being reported here

One must be really wrong in crossing out a Polo GT TSI if he/she can afford one. They are giving a warranty of 7 years and all issues mentioned are pre 2015. Now the probability of the GB troubling the owner is quite less. We as TBHP members should atleast refrain from living in the past and stop making past issues relevant today when they have already been fixed by the company.

Though I agree with you for their poor after sales service and expensive maintenance. Hopefully they will address these short comings soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadya (Post 4691462)
I give the above statment after (but not immediate)driving multiple petrol automatics - City CVT, I 10 AT, Skoda MPI At, GT TSI, Vento TSI, Ecosport AT, Wagon R AMT, Celerio AMT, Tiago AMT, Santro AMT, Verna AT, Elantra AT, Jazz CVT, XUV AT, CITY AT(older model), Corolla AT.

Congrats! I am curious to hear about your driving experience. I own the previous generation Figo 1.5 AT and have just hit the 4 year mark with the car. On cue, the DCT gearbox is giving me a bit of trouble. Pickup from standstill or low speeds results in a bit of judder. The car is in the workshop as I respond to your post. Other than this judder, no other complaints. The car is a perfect fit for my needs.
I am not averse to buying a new car if the gearbox remains problematic and the new Figo AT is my target. Do keep this thread going and updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadya (Post 4691462)
I invite the senior BHPians who are well verse in reviewing the cars to drive my car. Its absolutely breathless :D the way this engine and gearbox behaves. I have not expected it to be so good. Ford has done a big blunder in not equipping and promoting this car.

I give the above statment after (but not immediate)driving multiple petrol automatics - City CVT, I 10 AT, Skoda MPI At, GT TSI, Vento TSI, Ecosport AT, Wagon R AMT, Celerio AMT, Tiago AMT, Santro AMT, Verna AT, Elantra AT, Jazz CVT, XUV AT, CITY AT(older model), Corolla AT.

Ford is being absolutely stupid in not launching the Figo in the top line AT variant.

VW's Polo after so many years is directly taking away sales from Ford and the sole reason is that Ford does not sell a top spec Figo with SYNC3, 6 airbags and other features found in the manual spec.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4691876)
If not for Figo, I would have to settle for some diesel AMT.

If you like driving then it should be Figo or GT-TSI. AMTs are like faux leather - only for vegans

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4691925)
One must be really wrong in crossing out a Polo GT TSI if he/she can afford one
Though I agree with you for their poor after sales service and expensive maintenance. Hopefully they will address these short comings soon.

agree:. My budget was less but GT was certainly affordable for me. But my routine demands the car to be back from service in a day or two. So DSG is out for me,even though I do not mind repairing it in warranty or by paying for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenoy (Post 4691970)
Congrats! I am curious to hear about your driving experience. I own the previous generation Figo 1.5 AT and have just hit the 4 year mark with the car. On cue, the DCT gearbox is giving me a bit of trouble.

Figo was out of question till the day I made booking. I didnt have the info that DCT has been replaced with slush box(TC). As usual a lucky strike in TBHP enlightened me and next day we booked the car. Even one of my colleague had trouble with DCT and he was looking for replacement and was not considering FIGO due to DCT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4691986)
Ford is being absolutely stupid in not launching the Figo in the top line AT variant.

In bangalore OTR for FIGO AT is 9L and POLO is 11.7L with discount. Thats almost 3L if you add 30k for peace of mind. FIGO AT can brought in BLU variant(Top) for about 9.7L which puts it full 2 Lakhs lesser than GT TSI.
Thats a lot of money for most hatch back buyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadya (Post 4692190)
FIGO AT can brought in BLU variant(Top) for about 9.7L which puts it full 2 Lakhs lesser than GT TSI.

Wait. You're telling me there's a Figo with AT and 6 airbags? That's exactly what I've been looking for. Please can you share the source of this information, and where I can buy this variant?

As per Ford, there is only one variant of the Figo with an AT - the Titanium trim with 2 airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4691986)

VW's Polo after so many years is directly taking away sales from Ford and the sole reason is that Ford does not sell a top spec Figo with SYNC3, 6 airbags and other features found in the manual spec.

[rant]
Tell me about it...
We're in the market for replacing mom's car, and the lack of a Figo AT with 6 airbags has made the decision needlessly irritating. I'd buy it in a heartbeat - we'd even compromise on Sync 3 (we love the voice commands and use them extensively). I'd buy it without a test drive by virtue of it being a small car from an acceptable (to me) manufacturer with 6 airbags and TC AT. Heck, it'd be the only one.

Freestyle has better GC and Sync 3, but no AT.
Figo has AT but nothing else.
EcoSport is too big and too expensive - could be stretched for, but Ford doesn't want to give AT with Sync 3 anymore. :Frustrati

With the Endeavour already in the garage, another Sync 3 equipped Ford AT would make for a similar and simpler experience across both vehicles. Also, it may not be much by absolute standards (or even Abarth or GT TSI standards), but the 1.5 TiVCT in the Figo could make for some fun too.

Worst part? I think this vehicle is at EOL - you never know when they're going to announce a BSVI Figo with a Mahindra 1.2L petrol + AMT. Then we'll have 6 airbags, but I'd rather shoot myself in the face than buy that.

Damn! Damn! Damn! :deadhorse
[/rant]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mu009 (Post 4692319)
[rant]

Worst part? I think this vehicle is at EOL - you never know when they're going to announce a BSVI Figo with a Mahindra 1.2L petrol + AMT. Then we'll have 6 airbags, but I'd rather shoot myself in the face than buy that.

Damn! Damn! Damn! :deadhorse
[/rant]

Sometimes you feel manufacturers don't really understand the market and have no clue on what buyers really want.

A post like yours proves exactly that. The Figo is not for the masses so there is no point in cutting features and competing against a Maruti. You just have to know your buyer and target them accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadya (Post 4692190)

In bangalore OTR for FIGO AT is 9L and POLO is 11.7L with discount. Thats almost 3L if you add 30k for peace of mind. FIGO AT can brought in BLU variant(Top) for about 9.7L which puts it full 2 Lakhs lesser than GT TSI.

From what I saw at the showroom and the brochures, the AT is available in the titanium trim, not the titanium blu!!!! Or, did I miss something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooshan (Post 4692520)
From what I saw at the showroom and the brochures, the AT is available in the titanium trim, not the titanium blu!!!! Or, did I miss something?

There is no Blu variant in the Figo AT. I checked the day before yesterday. Price list says Rs. 9.4L on road for the car. I did not ask about offers/discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooshan (Post 4692520)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenoy (Post 4692666)
There is no Blu variant in the Figo AT. I checked the day before yesterday. Price list says Rs. 9.4L on road for the car. I did not ask about offers/discounts.

Both of you are right. If there were a Blu variant(of Petrol AT) it should cost about 9.7L. Unfortunately Ford doesn't sell one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenoy (Post 4691970)
=On cue, the DCT gearbox is giving me a bit of trouble. Pickup from standstill or low speeds results in a bit of judder. The car is in the workshop as I respond to your post. Other than this judder, no other complaints. The car is a perfect fit for my needs.

Got my Figo back from the workshop today. Ford has replaced the problematic DCT under warranty and as of now, things look good. No judder whatsoever!
The new DCT feels quite different though. It holds gear to higher rev's than the old DCT did in "D" mode. Lets see if it settles in over the next few weeks.

Decided to check the Figo AT to see if it fits the bill, dealer had an Aspire AT for TD. Car was very smooth to drive with very little jerk or any sort of vibration, engine felts nice and responsive and couldn't find any fault with it in general! Given Figo's price, this is one gem of an car! :)

Will I put my money on the Figo? Even I am not sure about this, only problem being possibility of single digit FE all the time. Given my high and unpredictable usage I need to think before I write that cheque. If other AT owners could give an idea about FE would be of great help to everyone looking to buy one. If it gives consistent mileage of just 10+ kmpl I would book one soon.

Anyone with less usage, say 1000km/month should surely check this car out before any other AMT/CVT options in this segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crodjer (Post 4685795)
Just test-drove the Figo Titanium and loved the engine responsiveness and refinement (for the 3 cylinder) engine. I am looking to get the `Blu` variant and hoping to get the test drive sometime soon. I had a few questions

I have almost finalized the Figo Titanium Blu. Only worry I have is what kind of impact on the future service can I expect from Mahindra given the recent exit of Ford with the joint venture.

Also, waiting for the Altroz brochure to be out this week to see if it indeed doesn't have an Auto dimming IRVM. Given Nexon doesn't either tells me that Altroz likely won't have one either.

How come there is not a single review of the facelft Figo AT until now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvar26 (Post 4705833)
How come there is not a single review of the facelft Figo AT until now?

Because most of the dealers across the country are not interested in selling the damn car. Very few customers have actually managed to buy it. I am told that most customers are pushed towards Aspire petrol AT rather than being given a chance to purchase the Figo AT. No one knows why but there it is.