Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2019, 17:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinalnanda View Post
After a lot of dilly-dallying over going for a used Polo GT/Vento or a new Ford Figo, I finally am a proud owner of an Absolute Black Ford Figo Titanium (will probably elaborate the entire choosing-my-ride experience in the Ownership Thread I plan to open and maintain)
Wow, the black colour really suits the Figo's clean body lines. I have hardly seen any new 2019 Figos on the road in Bangalore, and definitely none in the black colour.

Congratulations on a great car. How much was the on road price and what was the discount offered?
Old 1st September 2019, 01:58   #62

Hello Team BHP!

This is my first post on the forum, glad to be here!

I thought I'll start my journey here with a mini two (almost) month ownership review of my Figo (2019 Titanium Blu TDCI).
The car has covered 3700km till date and I've enjoyed driving each and every kilometer of those 3700.

Why the Figo?

Because our Estilo was getting old. It had served us for more than 12 years but it was time to say goodbye. I started the search for Estilo's replacement with two simple requirements: has to be under 4 meters and doesn't have to be a CSUV.

After reading TBHP's reviews of all cars satisfying the above criteria I shortlisted the following cars:
  • Tigor
  • Baleno
  • Grand i10
  • i20
  • Figo

After TDs and weighing out pros and cons, Figo was shortlisted and booked on 14th of July at Pahwa Ford Faridabad. The vehicle was delivered on 17th of July.
Booking and delivery experience: 10/10. Would definitely recommend them.

What I like about the car so far:
  • The engine. Ford's 1.5L Diesel is TBHP's favorite 1.5L Diesel engine. The car is fun to drive, pulls effortlessly on highways and overtaking is super easy. I've never had to downshift to overtake on highways.
  • Decent mileage: The car returns around around 19.5 - 20kmpl based on tank to tank method. Coming from petrol cars, it is a huge jump for me.
  • Six Airbags: No explanation needed.
  • Has many small but thoughtful practical features.
What I don't like:
  • No Sync3: No Apple Carplay, no Android Auto. This is the biggest miss for me. I'm not saying that the non Sync3 infotainment is bad but it is no where close to Sync3.
  • Request sensor: For a car with push start stop button, absence of request sensors is just absurd level of cost cutting on Ford's part.
  • Headlights: Even the top model does not get projector setup. The stock bulbs do not feel powerful enough either.
  • The instrument cluster: Looks very dated.
  • ORVM: The ORVM's are small. Huge blind-spots.

Issues that have come up till now:
  • Faulty auto-dimming: The auto-dimming IRVM was not working. I took the car to Pahwa Ford Service in Faridabad and explained them the issue.
    It took them a day to diagnose the issue. According to the SA, the coupler wasn't connected.
  • Bonnet vibration at around 1500rpm: The bonnet stopper was loose which was causing the vibrations.
  • Water in rear left footwell: The AC's drain was clogged. Reason unknown.
  • Fuel Slosh sound: I hear fuel slosh sound if the fuel tank is full while braking or going over speed breakers. The sound gradually reduces with as the tank empties. A simple search led me to this thread. (Fuel Slosh sound, after a full tank!)

The first free service was done at 2200km at Pahwa Ford ASC Faridabad. All of the above mentioned issues except for slosh sound were taken care of in the first service. Planning on getting the slosh sound issue checked soon.
zyeago is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 12:49   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Congratulations on your new Figo. I have been always a big fan of fords for its dynamics. If I may ask why did you not consider the Figo Blu ? It has 195/55 rubbers and better safety for a slightly higher price.
Thanks a lot vickster!

4 points in particular for not choosing the Figo Blu:
1. 6 airbags, though a very good feature to have, doesn’t justify the extra cost. Especially when more number of airbags don’t have much impact on NCAP scores. The structural rigidity of the pillars have the maximum bearing on those ratings, as per my understanding.

2. After going through tons of forum posts and driving my friend’s Figo, I felt that 185/65 14” rubbers are sufficient for my needs and style of driving. In any case, should I feel the need to upgrade the wheels, I would go the after-market option later on.

3. The blue decals are an eye-sore, in my humble opinion. I could have got them covered at 3M, but nothing beats clean, untouched lines on a black hatchback.

4. This vehicle was readily available in the dealership stockyard (it was incidentally just 15 days or so old, so practically rolled out of the factory floor when I booked the vehicle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Wow, the black colour really suits the Figo's clean body lines. I have hardly seen any new 2019 Figos on the road in Bangalore, and definitely none in the black colour.

Congratulations on a great car. How much was the on road price and what was the discount offered?
Thanks a lot Arindam!

The on road price was 8.28L.
If you could PM me, will be able to give the exact figure (I am unable to PM/DM due to being a newbie on T-Bhp). It was a sweet deal in my opinion, considering the bloodbath the auto-sector is in.
Old 1st September 2019, 18:06   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelogue View Post
Never been to Bangaluru, so cant compare the two. Traffic here in Ahmedabad was getting worse due to ever increasing population. But in recent times due to installation of cameras on traffic signals, slowly and steadily people have started following the rules. But we still have long way to go to be called civilized traffic
I agree. Have driven cars and bikes in about 10+ big and small cities including Mumbai, Kolkata, Goa, etc. the only city where I 'really' needed rear view mirrors on an activa was Ahmedabad. I have lived there for a decent time, and I love the city. But the traffic and road sense is something I really hate. Specially the auto Wallas driving! IMHO, Ahmedabad and the old-new city junction in the city areas are worse managed traffic areas I ever drove in so far.
Old 1st September 2019, 20:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinalnanda View Post
Thanks a lot vickster!

4 points in particular for not choosing the Figo Blu:

2. After going through tons of forum posts and driving my friend’s Figo, I felt that 185/65 14” rubbers are sufficient for my needs and style of driving. In any case, should I feel the need to upgrade the wheels, I would go the after-market option later on.

If you could PM me, will be able to give the exact figure (I am unable to PM/DM due to being a newbie on T-Bhp). It was a sweet deal in my opinion, considering the bloodbath the auto-sector is in.
Interesting to note because on my Figo Automatic Titanium, the tyre size is 175/65 R14. While city driving is okay, I really feel the need for wider and bigger tyres on the longer stretches.

I'm looking at upgrading soon.
Old 1st September 2019, 22:27   #66

Quote:
Interesting to note because on my Figo Automatic Titanium, the tyre size is 175/65 R14. While city driving is okay, I really feel the need for wider and bigger tyres on the longer stretches.

I'm looking at upgrading soon.
I upgraded from 175/65 14” to Michelin XM2 185/65 14”, as mentioned in my post.
In my opinion, the upgrade is worth it because of the power that the diesel puts down on the road requires fatter rubber.
mrinalnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 15:45   #67
BHPian

Been driving a Ford Figo Sports TDCI (2018) for 7 months and 8500 Kms. Recently took a test drive of the face-lifted Figo and below are few of my personal differences/observations/experiences (may be repetitive of what has been already mentioned or known) with respect to my Ford Figo Sports and Ford Figo Blu

Exteriors:

1. The white paint on Figo Sports looks a lot better than the one in Blu
2. The blue inserts on the new Figo looks hideous (subjective)
3. The S stickers on the Figo S are good if limited only to sides and not on the rear bumper
4. The rear of the new Figo looks busy and protruding whereas Figo S looks simple and elegant (minus the stickers)
5. The black paint on the roof on both looks after market as well as on the alloys of Figo S
6. The alloy designs in the new Figo is not to my liking
7. The wipers are good but could have been better (The single one on Etios Liva is way better than these two in Figo)

Interiors:

1. Interiors of Figo S are just too archaic
2. The My dock is well built and is quite useful with the lame infotainment system
3. Seats in the Figo S are well made and helps to an extent when driven enthusiastically
4. The plastics used are of cheap quality and has no match to VWs and Hyundais (For both the Figos)
5. New Figo has got better with the infotainment but why there is no Sync is really hard to explain
6. Again the blue inserts in the new Figo feel hideous above the cheap quality of paint and plastics
7. Blu gets 6 air bags and S has 2. Huge negative in S.
8. Windshield and window glasses are of substandard quality, does not even help a bit from the Sunshine

Drive & Handling:

1. Not an iota of doubt that the Figo S is better to drive and handles well than the Blu
2. However, there is not much of a difference and with lowering springs (also using ford official parts of Figo S) one can make Blu same as the S
3. Somehow felt the engine in Blu is better tuned than in the S. The pick up is slightly better in Blu than in S (May be because it was a brand new car or there is some change)
4. Above 100 Km/hr the S is more stable and assuring but the difference is very minimal
5. Drove the Figo S on Konkan Ghats and Sindhudurg, oh boy cannot forget and explain the feeling. Assuming it must be far better than the Blu here
6. Gear shifts in the new Figo are much better than in the S
7. Overall quality remains the same and is not to my liking (own a VW as well and hence the disdain)
8. Steering in the S is slightly better and precise than in Blu

Additions to my Ford Figo S:

1. Swapped with Michelin tyres on day one and they are just perfect in all scenarios
2. Installed RD Dual Channel DieselTronic box post 5000 Kms and have run only 500 kms with it. Not very happy with the change in performance as could not really justify the price and difference it makes

Personal Expectations from Ford:

1. Vault like built in Figo like Punto and Polo
2. Better quality of plastics
3. Better windshield and window glasses
4. Ford Sync and 6 airbags as standard (big ask)
5. More Bhp and torque to variants like S

In the hatchback segment, Figo is a far better product than Swift, Polo and Etios Liva when you see it's pricing, safety and after sales.

Arguably, Figo is less expensive to maintain than a Liva. However, the part quality and durability of Liva is far better so on a long term, I may have a different perspective (hopefully not)
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 18:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I would appreciate pointers to reviews/feedback/ownership experience of Ford Figo Automatic (TC Based).
After driving the Figo Aspire 1.5 Petrol TC Automatic, having driven the Ignis AMT for sometime now, i was mighty impressed by the low end and power delivery.
I am in touch with some people at Ford trying to understand why there is such a widespread reluctance to market and sell the car even though this has the potential to challenge the Polo GT TSI !

I would recommend you to take a TD if possible and incase you are unable to get one please do write to forgot or PM me.

This car is easily way better than the Baleno CVT or the Polo GT TSI both in terms of VFM or Drive/Handling/Performance.

The only issue is confusing decisions from Ford to skip the Sync3 system on the touchscreen even though this is the top spec and only AT variant. No 15 inch wheels with wider rubber inspite of the power on tap and mediocre speakers which really got my attention after driving my Ignis Zeta.

Please feel free to PM me incase you would like to know further about the car.
adneo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 16:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I would appreciate pointers to reviews/feedback/ownership experience of Ford Figo Automatic (TC Based).
Hi there I have posted a brief review of the Figo Automatic 2019. Please go the below link for the story
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212953
Old 7th September 2019, 16:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post

And I swapped its wheels with FreeStyle's OEM wheels and mounted 195/55 r15 tyres. tyres are Apollo Alnac 4g as I got them for a fair price. Also, I've got a plan to change them with Hankook Ventus V12.
Bigger tyres improve handling as well as the stance of the car. Apollo offers great comfort and less road noise compared to my older MRF's.
Regards,
Joseph.
Hi Joseph good job with the new set of wheels. I was looking for the same 195/55 r15 tyres tyres for my Figo Automatic as well. Can you tell me if I could also find a set for my car. Please share approx price for the same. The 175s are really not up to the job. Thanks!
Old 7th September 2019, 16:38   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there I have posted a brief review of the Figo Automatic 2019. Please go the below link for the story
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212953
I am unable to access this thread with the error message "You do not have permission to access this page."
Old 7th September 2019, 17:47   #72
BHPian

Ownership experience - 2019 Ford Figo Automatic

Below is my short experience of living with the Figo Automatic. I have always loved Fords for its dynamics so it was only natural to eagerly look forward to every new model launch. I have had the Global Fiesta for a few years now as my daily ride and I wasn't exactly looking for an upgrade. The fiesta's been really good and service costs have also come down because of Ford's initiative to reduce spare part costs.

Options considered
So the idea to buy a small hatch came because my better half had been looking for a small Automatic for a long time. The hunt for an Automatic hatch began a year ago. At that time, an option considered was a Honda Brio Automatic but I decided against it considering its build and expensive service costs. The other options (in my opinion) were the Pre-facelift Figo Sports and more recently the Freestyle 1.2 Petrol but these came in Manual only. There was a rumour that the Figo facelift was going to come with the Ecosport's brilliant 1.5 Petrol engine. And it so happened that Ford finally launched it. But it was disappointing that the automatic was based on the Titanium trim only and missed out some good bits from the Titanium+/blu variant.

Booking and Delivery
I ended up making a booking in June. I knew there would be a wait as I have heard that Ford produces lesser Figo Automatics than the market actually demanded. Some BHPians have said dealers have denied the existence of an Automatic Figo. By August I was informed that the car was in transit and it would arrive in a weeks time. Meanwhile I did the paperwork and a number reservation from the RTO and took delivery of the car earlier in August.

Initial driving impressions
Although this car was bought for the Mrs, I have been using the car on a daily basis. I guess that's what Fords do to you. As you may be aware, the 1.5 Petrol engine is from the Dragon family and is a 3 cylinder engine producing 120 bhp with a 6 speed Torque converter Gearbox. I am not sure who makes this box but with the same power output as the Ecosport, the power is much better delivered on the Figo. It is readily available at the slight nudge of the accelerator and does well for spirited driving and quick traffic signal starts. The Gear box is reasonably quick and the power is delivered in a linear manner. There is no lag of any sort. There is also a sport mode where in it holds each gear for longer.

The steering is pretty much point and go and I there is more power assist compared to my Fiesta. This has probably been done based on user feedback. The Steering is not as chunky to hold compared to the higher spec variant where it is Leather wrapped. Another change not to my liking was interchanging of the Indicator and wiper stalks from Left to Right. Although this was done a few years ago, I feel this is one area where Ford should have ignored popular vote and followed VW.

So to sum it up,

Pros
  • Peppy 1.5 Liter 120bhp engine from the Ecosport
  • Reasonably quick 6 speed Auto Gearbox
  • Cheaper than GT TSI by almost 2 lacs
  • Navigation works well
  • Handles like a Ford

Cons
  • Relatively thin tyres - Will need replacement for better handling
  • Apple Carplay / Android missing
  • Does not feel as solid as a GT TSI
  • Rear headrest may be a pain in the neck for some tall folks

Longer distance driving
The car has run around 1300 kms now. I am averaging around 400 kms/tank. It translates to around 10km/L with a mix of spirited and relaxed driving. I am hoping it will get better once the engine clocks some more miles.

I did a trip to Kochi recently and while it was a blast on the highway I really felt the need for grippier and wider rubber. This car only comes with 175/65 R14 tyres where as the higher spec Blu comes with 195 R15 tyres. On Northern Kerala's narrow roads the Figo's size and power on tap nature helps to overtake and get past serpentine queues in small towns like Mahe and Tellicherry with ease. Suspension is a well balanced and it handled the bad stretches between Kuttippuram to Kodungallur well although speeds were in 30km/hr range.

Below are some pictures of the Car
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-front_result.png  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-bonnet-bump_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-head-light_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-mirror_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-side_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190906_172844_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190906_172831_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-new-dash.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190906_173701_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190906_174112_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190906_174051_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190906_174032_result.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-tire_result.jpg  

vickster is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 18:59   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Ownership experience - 2019 Ford Figo Automatic
So finally we have proof that the 2019 Figo AT is indeed available for purchase and not just a variant on paper.

Not sure why Ford underestimated the demand for a capable small AT hatchback. It's so perfect for the narrow KL roads. Please tell us more on how did you manage to convince the dealer to accept your booking. Also, any other color choices were available for the AT?

You could probably consider upsizing to a gripper set of 185 or 195 rubber in the same dia for some added fun. I believe you should get decent buyback for the OE tyres even though it's run 1300kms.

Congrats and happy motoring!
BigBrad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 23:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Please tell us more on how did you manage to convince the dealer to accept your booking. Also, any other color choices were available for the AT? You could probably consider upsizing to a gripper set of 185 or 195 rubber in the same dia for some added fun. I believe you should get decent buyback for the OE tyres even though it's run 1300kms.
Congrats and happy motoring!
Thanks BigBrad. Well convincing the dealer was no big deal. I narrowed down to three colors with white being the first choice. I ensured the full payment of 8.85 lacs was transferred from the bank. This combined with constant nagging probably worked in my favour!

I have been in touch with a couple of figo owner BHPians to get some info on bigger wheels. I am trying to convince my local tyre guy to buy back my tyres. As for the 15" alloys Ford has told me it costs approx Rs 4300 a wheel. In my opinion I have not seen better looking 15" alloys than the stock that comes on the Figo Blu. There's something proportionate about the over all look.
vickster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 11:03   #75
BHPian

Congrats Vickster. Wish you many happy miles in your figo.
Did they try to make you go for manual or aspire automatic.
NICHE is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks