Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 16:24   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Kona : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI7YAK View Post
Congratulations on your new Kona! Is it a black car? I saw a black Kona recently at the Shankarseth Road showroom. As for the charging, have you applied for a new connection at MSEDCL? Apparently they do have a separate tariff for EV charging station and it does require a new connection. You should also ask for a Time of Day meter to get benefits of off peak hour charging rates.(around ₹1.5/unit discount)
Attaching screengrab of the PDF. Attachment 1977931
Hey - Thanks. Yes, that black kona was indeed mine. They moved the vehicle from Shankar Sheth road to Aundh at my suggestion and I took the delivery from their Aundh Showroom on Saturday. And black seems to look majestically different & beautiful than the White.

Thanks for the heads-up about the MSEB's reduced tarrifs for EV Charging. For now, I have done the wiring in my parking lot using my existing meter. I'll check with them and apply for a new meter under this new plan.

I knew that there was some such scheme but I thought it was still being discussed over. Didn't realize that it's already out and available for consumers. Hopefully, the process to get one, won't be so difficult.

Will keep you (all) updated.

Thanks again for this good news.!!
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 11:08   #167
BHPian

Drag race between Kona and Seltos.

There is no replacement for higher torque as is visible from this comparison.

sv97 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 11:11   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Drag race between Kona and Seltos.

100% Agreed. Kona flies off like a jet compared to Seltos. Man! I wish I would get a pre-owned Kona at price of Seltos.
xcentrk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 22:33   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Also, in case of electric motor, entire torque is generatated at 0+ RPM.

Kona electric vs Seltos 1.4 turbo petrol was going to be a no brainer
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 14:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai offers up to 5 years / 50,000 km warranty on Kona EV

Hyundai Kona Electric customers now get variable warranty options as part of the Wonder Warranty scheme.

Hyundai Kona : Official Review-0.jpg

Customers can choose from 3 years / unlimited km, 4 years / 60,000 km and 5 years / 50,000 km warranty. Irrespective of which warranty option they choose, the 8 years / 1,60,000 km warranty on the battery remains applicable.

The Kona Electric comes with a 39.2 kWh battery that powers an electric motor that has an output of 134 BHP and 395 Nm of torque. It has four driving modes - Eco, Eco+, Comfort and Sport and comes with paddle shifters for adjusting regenerative braking. The claimed 0-100 km/h acceleration time is 9.7 seconds.

The car has an ARAI certified range of 452 km on a single charge. The carmaker claims that the battery can be recharged to 100% in 6 hours and 10 minutes using an AC charger. It takes 57 minutes to recharge the battery to 80% of its capacity using a DC charger.

Hyundai has now installed AC 7.2 kW chargers at more than 50 dealerships across 30 cities in India. The first 'Vehicle to Vehicle' (V2V) charging facility has been implemented in Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and Bangalore. During emergencies, customers are provided portable chargers through roadside assistance in Delhi and Bangalore.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 20:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Hey - Thanks. Yes, that black kona was indeed mine. They moved the vehicle from Shankar Sheth road to Aundh at my suggestion and I took the delivery from their Aundh Showroom on Saturday. And black seems to look majestically different & beautiful than the White.
Please share how was the drive, also share if you have done the Pune Mumbai trip and charging infra details. A detailed ownership review is much better if you have time. Thanks

Last edited by SKC-auto : 30th July 2020 at 20:57.
Old 14th August 2020, 12:47   #172
BHPian

Any Kona owners here who will be renewing insurance this month? My renewal is due end of the month. So wanted to know if i should renew the insurance through Hyundai or check with a 3rd party directly.
Old 14th August 2020, 16:49   #173
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Kona EV clocks record range of 1,205 km on single charge.

Quote:
Over the course of a three-day range mission, the pure electric subcompact SUVs each travelled 1,018.7, 1,024.1 and 1,026.0 km, exceeding the goal of 1,000 km on a single battery charge.
Quote:
Each distance also represents a record in terms of 64 kWh battery capacity, as the power consumption figures of 6.28, 6.25 and 6.24 kWh per 100 km were well below the standard value of 14.7 kWh per 100 km determined by the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP).
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77542789.cms
Old 27th August 2020, 12:14   #174
BHPian

Hyundai Kona facelift teased, looks sportier than current one

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ased-26003.htm
Old 6th September 2020, 10:37   #175
BHPian

Concluded an epic drive of 835.4 km in my Kona Electric. There are no words to explain this adventure, stats below would most certainly summarize it ! .

1st leg: Bengaluru to Hubli - 415.2 km
Consumption: 11.9 km/kWh
Range left: 33 km
Drive time: 08:08 h

Recharged car at the place where i stayed, using nothing but a level 1 charger (2.2 kW). Charging time: 17:45 h

2nd leg: Return trip, back to Bengaluru - 420.2 km
Consumption: 11.0 km/kWh
Range left: 8 km (went into turtle mode, just few km from my home)
Drive time: 08:36 h

No preset regen used. Cruised @ 70 km/h. Drive mode was Eco and AC was ON throughout the trip set to 23 c.

Savings ?

0.28 metric tons of CO2e (as per EPA standards)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_4643.jpg  

Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_4639.jpg  

Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_4629.jpg  

pkirwadi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 10:40   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfinger View Post
Hyundai Kona facelift teased, looks sportier than current one

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ased-26003.htm
It's not the EV version though. Check the grille - it's open, as is meant for the Combustion Engine type for air flow. EV's have a closed grille.

Read another article on some site from news.google.com that said Kona EV would follow soon, after Combustion Engine is finished unveiling.
Old 13th September 2020, 10:39   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirwadi View Post
Concluded an epic drive of 835.4 km in my Kona Electric.
I'm one of those contemplating to buy EV for my next car as against ICE. But with a driving range and less number of charging stations am still contemplating.

But with your experience, my confidence is improving on EV range.

Hope the recent news of all fuel refilling stations getting a charging point is rolled out in another year or two.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 13th September 2020, 10:45   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No preset regen used. Cruised @ 70 km/h.
This.

This right here is the single biggest detriment to EVs being used for intercity travel. You just can’t drive normally, there is simply too many compromises involved.

400km in 8+ hours on modern highways is just too much. We are talking of speed limits being raised from 100 to 120kmph, and now vehicle limitations are keeping us at 70.

Something like the Kona is PERFECT for regular daily use, but I’ll stick to by diesel SUV for travelling out of town. We need EVs that assure a real world range of at least 500km before I’ll consider them for outstation trips.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 13th September 2020 at 11:03.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 11:17   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Concluded an epic drive of 835.4 km in my Kona Electric. There are no words to explain this adventure, stats below would most certainly summarize it ! .

1st leg: Bengaluru to Hubli - 415.2 km
Consumption: 11.9 km/kWh
Range left: 33 km
Drive time: 08:08 h

Recharged car at the place where i stayed, using nothing but a level 1 charger (2.2 kW). Charging time: 17:45 h

2nd leg: Return trip, back to Bengaluru - 420.2 km
Consumption: 11.0 km/kWh
Range left: 8 km (went into turtle mode, just few km from my home)
Drive time: 08:36 h

No preset regen used. Cruised @ 70 km/h. Drive mode was Eco and AC was ON throughout the trip set to 23 c.

Savings ?

0.28 metric tons of CO2e (as per EPA standards)
Amazing statistics. Thank you for sharing and instilling confidence in folks. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
I'm one of those contemplating to buy EV for my next car as against ICE. But with a driving range and less number of charging stations am still contemplating.

But with your experience, my confidence is improving on EV range.

Hope the recent news of all fuel refilling stations getting a charging point is rolled out in another year or two.

Thanks for sharing.
If this is city driving you are talking about, I think you can very safely take one. Because no matter how much you may drive, end of the day you will come back home and you can charge it overnight and be ready for next day. Also, even if we say a poor mileage of 250 kms within city, wouldn’t that suffice your daily runs (although it wouldn’t be this bad in terms of mileage).

So yeah, overall a great purchase. Yes, our infrastructure isn’t present for long distance drives but I believe the government is taking steps to resolve this. I’d say you won’t regret this decision. I have a Volvo that I keep for long distance drives, say Pune - Mumbai or Pune - Aurangabad. You may think something along these lines as well.

But I’ll certainly encourage you and everyone to go EV and Kona is a very very beautiful vehicle.

One other thought that just occurred to me - kona is coming up with redesigned and face lifted model. You may want to check that out also before your purchase.

All the best and let us know what you plan to do.
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 18:14   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Amazing statistics. Thank you for sharing and instilling confidence in folks. Thank You.

If this is city driving you are talking about
Mostly city driving and once in a month long-drive for around 550KMs in one direction. If the high-way chargers are available once every 100KMs, then any EV should suffice I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks