Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 18:13   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Aura : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Congratulations on your Aura. SX(O) must be manual transmission, right ? Didn't you consider AMT ?

What features does Aura offer which are not present in Dzire ? I am able to think of wireless charging only.

How much was the price difference between Dzire ZXI+ and Aura SX(O) ? Any discounts ?

Rohan
Aura has got Cruise Control and is a much better to drive car than Dzire. The Turbo version is also good but I didn't opt as I am not comfortable with a 3 cylinder engine which that trim has.
Old 12th May 2021, 12:18   #62

[quote=blackwasp;4807232]
Other Points

I am a bit worried about driving a car with rear registration number plate placed on the bumper. In Delhi/NCR the motorbike riders will most certainly scrap it with their front tyre.
Old 11th October 2021, 16:37   #63

Hello everyone. My brother just recently got home the Hyundai Aura S CNG variant. The issue with it is that it doesn't have factory fitted infotainment system. When we went to the market to get one installed, we were shocked to know that the market is full of cheap looking (but not priced cheaply) android head units. There is literally not a single option available from Sony. Everyone is pushing to go for Hypersonic/ Nippon/ Moco etc. But I am a bit skeptical about these china imported ones. Another point is that all of these units are running really old versions of android e.g. 8.0 and have really bad UI. I don't want complete android tab like experience, I just want a head unit from a reputed company with a clean UI with android auto/ apple car play support. Please suggest me something. And one more issue that I got to know from the mechanics is that 7" units like Sony XAV AX3000/ AX5000 can't be installed in Aura as it has a 1DIN slot. They are saying to go for 9" ones only. So, please let me know if Sony XAV AX8000 can be installed in it or not. Thank you.
epsilondav is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilondav View Post
. So, please let me know if Sony XAV AX8000 can be installed in it or not. Thank you.
Did you get this installed? If yes, how much did the HU cost you?
Old 20th October 2021, 19:16   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Did you get this installed? If yes, how much did the HU cost you?
No Sir. I had to install Nippon 9S. All the mechanics insisted to go for Nippon and to add to this, Sony is not available in my local matket.
Old 20th October 2021, 23:15   #66
BHPian

Quote:
No Sir. I had to install Nippon 9S. All the mechanics insisted to go for Nippon and to add to this, Sony is not available in my local matket.
Hi How much did it Cost.Also how is the performance.Did you go for the 2 gb version?
Old 28th October 2021, 19:32   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hi How much did it Cost.Also how is the performance.Did you go for the 2 gb version?
Around ₹20,000. Performance is sleek and smooth. But the UI doesn't look mature. Basically it is an android tablet with some modifications to run as a head unit. One big drawback is the audio quality. It is horrible in comparison with stock music player. Sadly, audio quality doesn't improve even after tweaking the equaliser.
Old 10th April 2022, 15:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. My brother just recently got home the Hyundai Aura S CNG variant. The issue with it is that it doesn't have factory fitted infotainment system. When we went to the market to get one installed, we were shocked to know that the market is full of cheap looking (but not priced cheaply) android head units. There is literally not a single option available from Sony. Everyone is pushing to go for Hypersonic/ Nippon/ Moco etc. But I am a bit skeptical about these china imported ones. Another point is that all of these units are running really old versions of android e.g. 8.0 and have really bad UI. I don't want complete android tab like experience, I just want a head unit from a reputed company with a clean UI with android auto/ apple car play support. Please suggest me something. And one more issue that I got to know from the mechanics is that 7" units like Sony XAV AX3000/ AX5000 can't be installed in Aura as it has a 1DIN slot. They are saying to go for 9" ones only. So, please let me know if Sony XAV AX8000 can be installed in it or not. Thank you.
Hi. I currently own a celerio vxi cng and I am considering buying the aura cng available in 's' trim. i checked the car at the showroom yesterday. Although the car is good, I found 3 things which bothered me a little and am looking for some clarity on that.

1. Restricted front visibility in centre area - i found the view of the road ahead to be slightly restricted as the dashboard is high with a straight edge continuing from the speedometer console till the ICE in the centre console. To add to this, the IRVM is mounted on the front windshield. The gap between the IRVM and the dashboard is narrow and somewhat hampers the view. May be I am comparing with my current celerio or even the new Dzire cng. Did you find this to be a problem or does one get used to this over time.

2. Restricted view of rear windshield in IRVM - when i looked into the IRVM, I could see the headrest at top of the rear seat's back-rest and the area between the headrest and rear windshield (where I guess mostly speakers are placed) covering almost 1/3rd of the lower part of IRVM view. So I could see the road only in the upper 2/3rd area of the IRVM. No amount of IRVM adjustment or seat height adjustment could bring any substantial change in the scenario. The sales guy said this is a sedan thing. To understand this better, I checked out the verna and it was a similar experience but still the rear view in verna's IRVM was slightly better than aura. I then checked the nios and it was just like my celerio, very clear view of the rear windshield. Probably this is due to the inclination angle of the rear windshield. Do you feel the same or is it something only with me since I am not used to a sedan.

3. Rear seat comfort/discomfort - I felt for a sedan, although compact, the width of rear seat is less than maruti dzire. The aura can accommodate 2 healthy adults but a third adult will be a squeeze. The seat is also inclined backwards as well as the back-rest is inclined. Although I felt comfortable but I am wondering if this can be an issue for elderly people, especially those with knee and back problems. As it is the seating is low which makes ingress and egress a little challenging for old people and to add to that the inclined rear seat can cause discomfort in lower back area, especially when the car goes over bumps, potholes, and speed breakers. I dont know if I am thinking or visualising this right. But it would be great if you could share your thoughts on this aspect.
ar.abc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 18:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Around ₹20,000. Performance is sleek and smooth. But the UI doesn't look mature. Basically it is an android tablet with some modifications to run as a head unit. One big drawback is the audio quality. It is horrible in comparison with stock music player. Sadly, audio quality doesn't improve even after tweaking the equaliser.
I faced a similar issue when replacing the stick unit. I got the Sony XAV AX3200 installed but it took a fair amount of jugaad. Aesthetically end result is acceptable while audio improvement is superb.
GreyNomad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 18:46   #70
BHPian

Here are my thoughts, having owned one for 3 months and 5k kms now:

1. Frontal visibility: will definitely ‘feel’ less initially. Is actually lesser than comparable cars. However, you get used to it pretty fast. Isn’t a dealbreaker IMO.
2. IRVM coverage: it’s a sedan thing. Having said that some cars offer marginally better visibility, like the Dzire.
3. Rear seats: very comfortable. Because of the incline it gives one a ‘sink in’ feeling. However, ingress and egress can be a wee bit difficult for aged folks.
4. ride quality: have separated this point from the above one. Here’s the thing - in a cng car you’ll feel the thuds more than it’s non-cng version. I think the longer the wheelbase, the more pronounced this difference in ride quality is. Nios CNG will be better than Aura CNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
Hi. I currently own a celerio vxi cng and I am considering buying the aura cng available in 's' trim. i checked the car at the showroom yesterday. Although the car is good, I found 3 things which bothered me a little and am looking for some clarity on that.
Old 10th April 2022, 22:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Here are my thoughts, having owned one for 3 months and 5k kms now:

1. Frontal visibility: will definitely ‘feel’ less initially. Is actually lesser than comparable cars. However, you get used to it pretty fast. Isn’t a dealbreaker IMO.
2. IRVM coverage: it’s a sedan thing. Having said that some cars offer marginally better visibility, like the Dzire.
3. Rear seats: very comfortable. Because of the incline it gives one a ‘sink in’ feeling. However, ingress and egress can be a wee bit difficult for aged folks.
4. ride quality: have separated this point from the above one. Here’s the thing - in a cng car you’ll feel the thuds more than it’s non-cng version. I think the longer the wheelbase, the more pronounced this difference in ride quality is. Nios CNG will be better than Aura CNG.
Thank you for the clarifications. Points 1 ans 2 I completely agree with you. I was comparing the aura and dzire cng and hence I mentioned these 2 points.

For point no.3, the issue at my end is that my mom has back problem and arthritis in knees. She prefers sitting in upright position and a little higher seating position. Also, I have a 'feeling' (I may be wrong here) that since we get that 'sink in' feel in the rear seat due to the incline, and stiffer suspension due to cng kit, plus longer wheelbase, all this can add to discomfort over longer distances for senior citizens.

My other option is the ertiga cng although it is a little stretch in terms of budget. However, it seems to be better in comfort for old folks. Also I personally would prefer maruti's s-cng compared to hyundai's third party cng fitment by CEV engineering. Not considering the dzire as it does not have a locking mechanism for the cng filling nozzle cap. It can be removed by anyone and the car engine will switch off automatically. It is a big safety and security issue IMO.
Old 11th April 2022, 22:21   #72
BHPian

Have you considered the Tigor CNG? I think their CNG mechanism is equal to, if not better than Maruti’s.

Ertiga is segment above and definitely will be better than the compact sedans (cng versions). Also it being a MPV, the seating is more upright and ‘walk in’ vs. ‘sink in’ of sedans.

If you don’t want to stretch the budget, look at the WagonR. It’s barebones from the inside but an aftermarket Sony/Pioneer HU, some nice upholstery from Orchis (include the steering wrap as well) and a 7D mat would liven it up. Maruti has even managed to squeeze out a teeny usable boot space through smart figment of the cylinder. And the car is extremely reliable and frugal. Also the seats are very comfortable but not sunk in. Ingress egress too is MPV-ish. The only thing is it’s a 3pot mill and wouldn’t be different from your current ride.
Old 12th April 2022, 06:28   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post

1. Restricted front visibility in centre area - i found the view of the road ahead to be slightly restricted as the dashboard is high with a straight edge continuing from the speedometer console till the ICE in the centre console. To add to this, the IRVM is mounted on the front windshield. The gap between the IRVM and the dashboard is narrow and somewhat hampers the view. May be I am comparing with my current celerio or even the new Dzire cng. Did you find this to be a problem or does one get used to this over time.

2. Restricted view of rear windshield in IRVM - when i looked into the IRVM, I could see the headrest at top of the rear seat's back-rest and the area between the headrest and rear windshield (where I guess mostly speakers are placed) covering almost 1/3rd of the lower part of IRVM view. So I could see the road only in the upper 2/3rd area of the IRVM. No amount of IRVM adjustment or seat height adjustment could bring any substantial change in the scenario. The sales guy said this is a sedan thing. To understand this better, I checked out the verna and it was a similar experience but still the rear view in verna's IRVM was slightly better than aura. I then checked the nios and it was just like my celerio, very clear view of the rear windshield. Probably this is due to the inclination angle of the rear windshield. Do you feel the same or is it something only with me since I am not used to a sedan.

3. Rear seat comfort/discomfort - I felt for a sedan, although compact, the width of rear seat is less than maruti dzire. The aura can accommodate 2 healthy adults but a third adult will be a squeeze. The seat is also inclined backwards as well as the back-rest is inclined. Although I felt comfortable but I am wondering if this can be an issue for elderly people, especially those with knee and back problems. As it is the seating is low which makes ingress and egress a little challenging for old people and to add to that the inclined rear seat can cause discomfort in lower back area, especially when the car goes over bumps, potholes, and speed breakers. I dont know if I am thinking or visualising this right. But it would be great if you could share your thoughts on this aspect.
Hello Sir, point number 1 is not an issue. Definitely the visibility is less but you can raise the driver seat height and the visibility somewhat improves.

Point number 2 also is not an issue because the ORVMS are good enough to give a clear view of whats behind.

Regarding point number 3, definitely elderly people are going to have ingress and egress issues. I am 27 years, if I am finding it difficult, then definitely it will be not easy for them. Rear seat width is actually less than Dzire but because of incline angle, its more comfortable. In this regard, a CSUV will be better.

I usually drive a diesel Brezza. So, compared to Brezza, Aura definitely has some advantages like ride quality, smoothness of engine, ability to sustain low RPMs, so frequent gear shifts are not required.

But the cons of Aura over Brezza are definitely the ingress and egress issue and sometimes if you are not careful over speed breakers, it crashes hard as if something has hit the underbody.

But I will agree, driving a sedan after a CSUV is definitely refreshing. High speed corners are definitely more comfortable in a sedan then CSUV. This I had read in reviews only, but now experiencing.

Hope this helps.
epsilondav is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:28   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Have you considered the Tigor CNG? I think their CNG mechanism is equal to, if not better than Maruti’s.

Ertiga is segment above and definitely will be better than the compact sedans (cng versions). Also it being a MPV, the seating is more upright and ‘walk in’ vs. ‘sink in’ of sedans.

If you don’t want to stretch the budget, look at the WagonR. It’s barebones from the inside but an aftermarket Sony/Pioneer HU, some nice upholstery from Orchis (include the steering wrap as well) and a 7D mat would liven it up. Maruti has even managed to squeeze out a teeny usable boot space through smart figment of the cylinder. And the car is extremely reliable and frugal. Also the seats are very comfortable but not sunk in. Ingress egress too is MPV-ish. The only thing is it’s a 3pot mill and wouldn’t be different from your current ride.
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I had considered the Tata Tigor but dropped it from the list due to unreliability of Tata after sales service and 3 cylinder engine's high NVH levels. Of course the 4 star NCAP rating is a big plus point and hence I started considering the Ertiga cng as it has 3 star NCAP rating but a bigger and more refined engine, reliable cng system and better ASS network. And the ertiga will have better space than the Tigor. Maruti's s-cng system is time tested and has a proven track record and I have been a user of the same since last 8 years. So once can say I may have a bias towards it.

The wagon r will have less width in the rear seat to accommodate 3 adults comfortably. I dont really want to keep luggage above/on the cng cylinder directly. I just dont find it safe (this is a personal opinion and not backed up by any technical claim).
Old 24th April 2022, 21:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. My brother just recently got home the Hyundai Aura S CNG variant.
Can you please share your brother's experience with the car so far? How long has it been since he is driving the car? As far as I know, hyundai's 'factory fitted' cng system is actually installed by a third party vendor/company called CEV Engineering. You can check the cng plate on the inside of the fuel lid. It is mentioned clearly over there. From what I know, hyundai manufactures the car (lets say aura) and then the cng system fitment is done. One can notice the inlet manifold in the rail where the fitment is typically like an aftermarket fitment.

If we compare with maruti, their cng system is patented as s-cng and it is developed by maruti company itself and not by a third party vendor. It is mentioned on the inside of the fuel lid of maruti cng cars that the cng system installation is done by maruti udyog ltd. Here, the cng system is installed in the production line itself in maruti's factory. Thus, maruti's cng cars are very reliable and the cng tuning is near perfect.

In around 2020, after the launch of nios and aura cng, there were many customers complaining about engine not switching over to cng automatically after a cold start, engine misfire, severe drop in power and pickup while the car is in motion, etc. I hope those issues have been resolved now but it seems these issues did persist for quite sometime and it required multiple visits to hyundai service centre and even to CEV company.

Has your brother or anyone else you may know, who owns a hyundai cng car, faced any problem related to the cng system of the car?
ar.abc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks