Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 18:04   #556
BHPian

re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Has anyone here booked the Sonet in Mumbai ? We booked the car Shreenath Kia in 3rd week of September, gave them the colour and the model. After that they took ages to give a receipt for the booking amount. My dad had to chase them to even tell us when can we hope to see the car, they said 25-30th October. Now again my dad has to chase them as to when is the car expected, has it been alotted, when should we make the remaining payment.

Honestly, it just feels embarrassing to chase after them so much.
How has the experience been for others in Mumbai ?
It's centralised! I'm sure the dealer is goofing around. The day you confirm your booking is the day you get otps from kia's website which dealer will ask you for and the same registered mobile number can be used for login by you. The day your car is blocked it reflects on the portal under my orders and it says vin blocked. The colour and model will be clearly mentioned.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 18:40   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Over the past two weeks I have taken short and extended test drives of both and have a few concerns about the Sonet. I would really appreciate some inputs on the following:
Please find my point of view below :

1. The ride quality felt harsh. I understand the suspension is stiff, but on a relative scale, it felt stiffer than the Nexon. Is it something I imagined or is this truly the case? The tyres were at 35 psi, and the SE claims 36 is the recommended amount.
The recommended on petrol is 33, post delivery my tires were at 46 from the showroom. So, don't listen to the SA. Rather tell him to get it reduced to 33 in your next TD. Hopefully that should help you out a little, but the suspension is a little on the stiff side and it's actually good for my liking. (Love those highway runs)

2. I could not make out a significant difference in the air speeds of the ventilated seats. Is this how it is designed?

There was no difference felt initially, but after a few minutes it does start freezing! So, maybe the speeds are to be reduced then?

3. The AC was set to 22 and Auto, and I found it lacking. Is this to be expected?

If anything the blower on this AC is actually great! Not sure why the unit was not chilling for you, I'm increasing the temperature to 23-24 these days in bangalore as 22 seems to be very cold!

4. In bumper to bumper traffic, the creep function did not immediately activate and required acceleration input. This was not always the case, maybe 2 out of 5 times, but did occur. Is this a gearbox issue or the test drive car issue?

Which unit was this on? The iMT sometimes needs a little nudge on inclinations, otherwise on flat surfaces it consistently creeps.

5. The MID showed an average of 8.6 kmpl. I understand this is a test drive car, and the real world FE would be better. Would 12 in Bangalore city traffic be very optimistic?

Again which unit is this on? We have googleman here who can help you with the diesel figures, but on the iMT it shows in the range of 9-11 kmpl. One highway run and it shot up 15. something. 12 is not far fetched even for the iMT variant, it should easily deliver that in Bangalore city traffic post 5000kms on the odo

6. The driver seat was not very comfortable (again relative to the Nexon) and I ended the long test drive with mixed feelings. I am about 5'9" and about 80 kilos. Is this on account of the seating position I had chosen (perhaps couldn't find the ideal position) or on account of the seat itself?

The seats have enough bolstering to keep you in place, you don't get chucked out on corners for sure. I'm certainly on the "Heavier" side and the seats seem to be ok for me. Maybe the under thigh might be an issue for you?

But looking at mixed bag of feelings that you have here, it looks like a mind vs heart. Not sure what are you rooting for, but I always roote for the heart.

Last edited by bhansali_hardik : 20th October 2020 at 18:43.
Old 20th October 2020, 19:24   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post

The recommended on petrol is 33, post delivery my tires were at 46 from the showroom . but the suspension is a little on the stiff side and it's actually good for my liking. (Love those highway runs)
========
But looking at mixed bag of feelings that you have here, it looks like a mind vs heart. Not sure what are you rooting for, but I always roote for the heart.
Haha, in a way it is. I am stuck between Nexon and Sonet auto's and have resorted to basically trying out extensive test drives to help me make the choice. The heart says Kia (more fun to drive) but the head had the above concerns (not to mention the 2L premium over Nexon petrol AMT).
Old 20th October 2020, 19:34   #559
BHPian

Quote:
It's centralised! I'm sure the dealer is goofing around.
=====
The colour and model will be clearly mentioned.
I just tried this and on the KIA website and it says our number is not registered. I guess the car isn't blocked yet.
Old 20th October 2020, 20:17   #560
BHPian

Quote:
I just tried this and on the KIA website and it says our number is not registered. I guess the car isn't blocked yet.
Oops! That's bad, please get in touch with your dealer and I guess others can help on this as well.

But once invoicing had started, it moved to retail status.

But not sure if dealer did this for a reason to me or this is followed for all the consumers!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20201020_201435__01.jpg  

Old 20th October 2020, 21:11   #561
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Oops! That's bad, please get in touch with your dealer and I guess others can help on this as well.

But once invoicing had started, it moved to retail status.

But not sure if dealer did this for a reason to me or this is followed for all the consumers!
Hello Bhansali,
I have booked the HTX iMT on the 3rd Oct and have received the customer ID and Booking ID same time . However could not find the web link where booking status can be checked on Kia website . Please can you guide to the web address.

The dealer is still maintaining 4 to 5 weeks as waiting.

Thanks,
Old 20th October 2020, 21:19   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Came across this sexy Kia Sonet in satin black wrap and blacked out chrome. Looks sexy IMHO.
I saw this one in Marenahalli Signal last weekend and I thought it was an OE color

It looked very good, not sure if the finish would last long.
Old 20th October 2020, 21:46   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hello Bhansali,
I have booked the HTX iMT on the 3rd Oct and have received the customer ID and Booking ID same time . However could not find the web link where booking status can be checked on Kia website . Please can you guide to the web address.

The dealer is still maintaining 4 to 5 weeks as waiting.

Thanks,
https://www.kia.com/in/member/login.html

Here you go, I might be a one of case if others did not recieve this!
But this at least meant it was official for my order.
Old 20th October 2020, 22:10   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go, I might be a one of case if others did not recieve this!
But this at least meant it was official for my order.
Did you book online or through dealer. Though I received sms from Kia when I pre-booked. But it never shown under my order in the portal. It has become a routine check in the morning to see the status for the last 2 months 😂
I believe it will show the status only when the vehicle is allocated in production in the plant. What's do you think?

Last edited by BKB999 : 20th October 2020 at 22:15.
Old 20th October 2020, 22:14   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Do you book online or through dealer. Though I received sms from Kia when I pre-booked. But it never shown under my order in the portal. It has become a routine check in the morning to see the status for the last 2 months 😂
I believe it will show the status only when the vehicle is allocated in production in the plant. What's do you think?
Well, I booked through the dealer! Now that none of you have this going makes me wonder, if dealer wanted to push online bookings for some incentives and took that route for me. Either ways, people who have the car delivered please confirm
Old 21st October 2020, 10:32   #566

Quote:
Well, I booked through the dealer! Now that none of you have this going makes me wonder, if dealer wanted to push online bookings for some incentives and took that route for me. Either ways, people who have the car delivered please confirm
I booked through the dealer as well. Just tried registering with my phone number and the OTP, and it showed no bookings under my name as well. They also booked it online though, as they asked me for an OTP when making the booking (I had pre-booked over the phone).

However, they've made my booking for sure as the loan process etc have been completed and they are expecting the car to arrive this week or the next.
Old 21st October 2020, 11:15   #567
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Torbolove,
As Bhansali suggested in above posts need to contact the dealer about that .
For me too the booking details is not showing up in the website .
Called Kia customer sales no 1800-108-5000.

However on booking with the dealer I did receive a text mentioning Cust ID and Booking ID immediately on the cell.

The CustCare said-
1)Please take this issue with the dealer as they are ones who upload the booking details.
2)If you have received Booking ID and Cust ID on your cell phone , then your booking is confirmed and no need to worry .
3) Insurance- They said - The dealer cannot force you . As a customer please feel free to go with the best option. If the dealer forces, please raise a complaint with Kia .
The Insurance is from kia on negotiated terms from various companies if one opts thro' dealer.
Thanks,
naj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 13:09   #568
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet gets over 50,000 bookings in two months; 1.0L and 1.2L petrol variants account for 60% of the bookings, with the balance taken up by the 1.5 CRDi variant.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20201021_131729.jpg

https://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...o-months-77524

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st October 2020 at 13:18.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 13:18   #569
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet bookings cross 50,000 mark in 2 months

Kia has received over 50,000 bookings for the Sonet in just 2 months.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kia-sonet.jpg

The Kia Sonet was launched last month. However, bookings for the sub-4 meter crossover had opened on August 20, 2020. Since then, the carmaker has received an average of 2 bookings every 3 minutes.

In September 2020, Kia dispatched 9,266 units of the Sonet, making it the leader in the compact SUV segment within just 12 days of its launch.

The Sonet shares its underpinnings with the Hyundai Venue. It is available in 6 variants broadly classified into two trim levels - Tech Line and GT Line.

The Sonet is offered with three engine options. These include a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 82 BHP @ 6,300 rpm and 115 Nm @ 4,200 rpm paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox and a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine producing 118 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm @ 1,500-4,000 rpm. This engine is offered with either a 6-speed iMT or 7-speed DCT.

The Sonet also comes with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that is offered in two states of tune. The lower-spec engine produces 99 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 240 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm and is paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. The higher-spec engine is equipped with a variable geometry turbocharger. It produces 113 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm and comes paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st October 2020 at 13:56.
TusharK is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 14:10   #570
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet bookings cross 50,000 mark in 2 months

To

> The car-makers that packed their bags and left India (GM),
> The brands that still can't figure out our country's motoring needs and expectations despite an early-mover advantage (Ford, Honda),
> The brand that keeps increasing the prices of it's models with every nip and tuck but complains about our tax structure (Toyota),
> The brand that squandered off it's early success and enviable reputation and now struggling to hold it's own (Honda),
> The fence-sitters that have been coming to India for an eternity (Peugeot, Citroen, Haval),
> The distant-watcher who is steadfast in it's decision to not to come to India despite having models that could succeed big-time (Mazda),

Kia has just gone and showed you all how to do it. From a no-holds-barred entry to delivering two blockbuster hits within the span of a year, Kia has had a remarkable run here in India. The result? They would be nipping at Tata's heels in a few months for the hard-fought third position in the monthly sales charts.

Who would have thought this last year? Even Hyundai would be watching this space closely. Two more models like the Sonet and Seltos, Kia could spell trouble for the "H" brand.

Last edited by arvi86 : 21st October 2020 at 14:13.
arvi86 is offline   (56) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks