Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 11:41   #691
BHPian
 
PaddleShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CH01 - HR03
Posts: 718
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Which colour have you booked dear Naj and in which city? It seems Kia is more interested in selling GT line compared to lower trims. I see many more GTs in stock followed by HTK+ (perhaps due to automatic diesel being affordable in this trim?).

I had a missed call from Dehradun Kia dealer yesterday. I had called them in first week of October regarding HTX manual diesel (white colour) for delivery/waiting times. They had petrol iMT in ready stock in this colour option while diesel manual HTX was supposed to be delivered around mid November if booked in Oct first week.

Maybe they have a car in ready stock so they called me (I did not call back). Otherwise there is no point calling me since I had told that I have booked one already from Chandigarh with similar wait times.

Since you have booked around the same time I did, it seems your vehicle should be available for delivery around Diwali, too. Wait a few days more else contact Kia customer care.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 8th November 2020 at 11:45.
PaddleShifter is offline  
Old 9th November 2020, 14:58   #692
BHPian
 
bhansali_hardik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 363
Thanked: 713 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Update : Got my first free service done today at Naara Kia J.P Nagar, the overall experience was good. Being a Monday the place was not much crowded but had many vehicles coming in either ways. Had decided to drive down and get it serviced myself, took around 3 hours and had most of my issues addressed.
The driver side door rattles are now contained and I think the normal music played at a normal volume should not rattle my brains out! Seriously kills the driving pleasure, might go out for full dampening in case the issue creeps back in!
The SA did try selling the expensive washer fluid and also the under body anti rust coating! But was not persuasive.

Lounge is decent sized and even though had the view of the service bay, could barely spot my car as it was tucked under the lounge for the repairs.

Overall have been satisfied with the service and hopefully I will stick this SC for all my future services.
bhansali_hardik is offline  
Old 9th November 2020, 15:06   #693
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Waiting game continues for me. Still no word on when I get my car, and I had booked it in August itself. Seems to be a big issue with getting the GTX+ Diesel AT in Aurora Black Pearl.

Considering cancelling my booking at this point and trying another dealer. Hugely disappointing experience for what will be my first purchase of a car.
GT_C89 is offline  
Old 9th November 2020, 16:00   #694
BHPian
 
bhansali_hardik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 363
Thanked: 713 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_C89 View Post
Waiting game continues for me. Still no word on when I get my car, and I had booked it in August itself. Seems to be a big issue with getting the GTX+ Diesel AT in Aurora Black Pearl.

Considering cancelling my booking at this point and trying another dealer. Hugely disappointing experience for what will be my first purchase of a car.
Every car purchase is special! Try pulling some strings if you can, but the way bookings are flowing in, I don't see any way KIA dealers care about their bookings getting cancelled. I get a lot of attention on roads and I'm sure there are more people walking in to buy the car. They literally do not have to sell the product it is selling itself! Someone I know was thinking about the Seltos, but is considering the Sonet gtx+ instead. People are cross purchasing and the i20 prices make the Sonet look VFM!
bhansali_hardik is offline  
Old 9th November 2020, 18:50   #695
BHPian
 
Venku2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Belgaum
Posts: 164
Thanked: 321 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_C89 View Post
Waiting game continues for me. Still no word on when I get my car, and I had booked it in August itself. Seems to be a big issue with getting the GTX+ Diesel AT in Aurora Black Pearl.

Considering cancelling my booking at this point and trying another dealer. Hugely disappointing experience for what will be my first purchase of a car.
If you are willing to pickup a GTX+ D AT in Silver, then there is one readily available for delivery in Belgaum. I had seen this last week but wifey wanted Red. If silver works, I can pm you the sales executive number.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 19:14   #696
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 809
Thanked: 417 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Update : Got my first free service done today at Naara Kia J.P Nagar, the overall experience was good.
The driver side door rattles are now contained and I think the normal music played at a normal volume should not rattle my brains out! Seriously kills the driving pleasure, might go out for full dampening in case the issue creeps back in!
Ok, looks like a quality control issue in the Sonet. Remember reading the same issue in the Venue as well. Still not expected from the manufacturer, given the fact that its positioned as a premium compact SUV.
NFS2024 is offline  
Old 9th November 2020, 19:34   #697
BHPian
 
SansGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Thane/Kolkata
Posts: 179
Thanked: 480 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

I was enquiring about the Sonet and sadly, I have started off on a bad note. The dealerships are not at all responsive. The one in Thane received my call after trying them for at least 20 times. They assured that I will get a callback in 2 days which I didn't. I called them back to which they assured that I will be receiving the call in a couple of hours, and they didn't pay heed to that too. Same is the case with the dealership in Nerul.
I have read about the apathy and the attitude of Kia dealerships in multiple threads and now experiencing it first hand. Sad to say, but success seems to have gotten in their heads and such attitude will only hurt them back later. Kia must take a note and prevent their dealers going the Skoda way. In fact, I am also talking to Mahindra dealerships about the XUV 300 and they are so much better.
I have the following queries:
  • Can anyone recommend a good dealership in Mumbai which actually gives importance to customers?
  • I have driven the XUV 300 D and loved the way the engine performs. How does the Sonet 1.5D (99PS tune) in terms of drivability? I understand the difference in terms of figures, but how is the performance in the real world? How does it compare with Ford TDCi, given that it has equivalent peak power and more torque? (Sad that I cannot even have a TD of the vehicle to experience it!).
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:06   #698
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Every car purchase is special! Try pulling some strings if you can, but the way bookings are flowing in, I don't see any way KIA dealers care about their bookings getting cancelled. I get a lot of attention on roads and I'm sure there are more people walking in to buy the car. They literally do not have to sell the product it is selling itself! Someone I know was thinking about the Seltos, but is considering the Sonet gtx+ instead. People are cross purchasing and the i20 prices make the Sonet look VFM!
They even told me I can get the car almost immediately in any other colour if I am willing to switch, but I'm quite set on Black. I'm one of the first people who booked with them back in August, so I think there's clearly an issue with the colour itself. Another friend of mine booked it in Grey and got it in a week - although this was from another dealer who was a friend of his.

Just going to sit tight! You're right about the dealers not caring about cancellations because demand seems massive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
If you are willing to pickup a GTX+ D AT in Silver, then there is one readily available for delivery in Belgaum. I had seen this last week but wifey wanted Red. If silver works, I can pm you the sales executive number.
I appreciate the offer to help, but I'm pretty set on black Thank you though!
GT_C89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 12:08   #699
Newbie
 
Lancer_vkz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Just wanted to check if anyone else getting a rattling sound from the car below passenger seat during a cold start. Was told by Kia SA this is the same in all GTX variants.

Lancer_vkz is offline  
Old 10th November 2020, 13:00   #700
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Down South
Posts: 371
Thanked: 2,114 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer_vkz View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone else getting a rattling sound from the car below passenger seat during a cold start. Was told by Kia SA this is the same in all GTX variants.
Hi, I own a venue 1.0 DCT and its normal. All the 1.0 engines regardless of the gearbox makes this sound on cold start.
Xaos636 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:40   #701
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,201
Thanked: 13,732 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Can anyone recommend a good dealership in Mumbai which actually gives importance to customers?
Try out Autobahn Kia either in Worli or Powai, I found them pretty good in terms of customer satisfaction. Both have test-drives available.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 14:40   #702
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
  • Can anyone recommend a good dealership in Mumbai which actually gives importance to customers?
I suggest to avoid Shreenath Kia in andheri west. We didn't have a good experience with them and ended up cancelling our booking. Perhaps Autobahn Kia might be better.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:15   #703
BHPian
 
bhansali_hardik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 363
Thanked: 713 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_C89 View Post
They even told me I can get the car almost immediately in any other colour if I am willing to switch, but I'm quite set on Black. I'm one of the first people who booked with them back in August, so I think there's clearly an issue with the colour itself. Another friend of mine booked it in Grey and got it in a week - although this was from another dealer who was a friend of his.

Just going to sit tight! You're right about the dealers not caring about cancellations because demand seems massive.
Who is your dealer? Let me check if I can hook you up with a faster delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer_vkz View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone else getting a rattling sound from the car below passenger seat during a cold start. Was told by Kia SA this is the same in all GTX variants.

https://Youtu.be/QqEJFYqEBJc
Well, this is normal and also a very good reminder about the one minute idling rule! Should follow the idling rule religiously
bhansali_hardik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 16:39   #704
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

[quote=bhansali_hardik;4927707]Who is your dealer? Let me check if I can hook you up with a faster delivery!

I am from Bangalore and I booked GTX+ Diesel AT with Naara Motors on 14th Sep 2020 and indefinitely waiting for it. I have done one more booking with JSP KIA last week. Let me know how you can help please...
drajesh is offline  
Old 10th November 2020, 19:37   #705
BHPian
 
BKB999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chennai
Posts: 75
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_C89 View Post
They even told me I can get the car almost immediately in any other colour if I am willing to switch, but I'm quite set on Black. I'm one of the first people who booked with them back in August, so I think there's clearly an issue with the colour itself.
Same happening with me! Dealer suggested me to go with any other color to expedite the delivery. Its 11th week now without any information on expected delivery Last week they informed me that the vehicle is allotted in the plant and I may get it before Diwali. But things are not moved a bit after that. Just tried contacting southern zonal manager and no response! It seems things will end up like having a 2020 vehicle by 2021
BKB999 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks