Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th April 2021, 13:17   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster 1.3 Turbo DIY Facelift attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishss View Post
@mav3r1ckblu3 congratulations on your new car! the sticker job looks great

You should start an ownership thread for the 1.3 turbo Duster.

What is the service interval for this variant? Also how has been your service experience so far?
Thank you for your kind words

The service intervals are 2000 Km's (or 2 months), 10000 Km's (or 12 months) and then every subsequent 10000 Km's or 12 months whichever is early. Unfortunately, I'm yet to service this vehicle as I've only driven 600 odd Km's and the first one is due by May end. I was planning to drive on weekends but due to COVID-19 restrictions enforced on weekends (absolutely necessary BTW) don't know how much I'd be able to cover in the first 2 months.

Regarding ownership thread, I'm part of the soon going to be extinct species who went ahead and bought himself a Duster in the age of Venue/Sonet/Seltos/Creta (I had my own reasons BTW). Who's gonna be interested in the ownership review of a decade old designed vehicle?

Last edited by mav3r1ckblu3 : 24th April 2021 at 13:18. Reason: Deleted an extra emoticon
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 15:03   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Regarding ownership thread, I'm part of the soon going to be extinct species who went ahead and bought himself a Duster in the age of Venue/Sonet/Seltos/Creta (I had my own reasons BTW). Who's gonna be interested in the ownership review of a decade old designed vehicle?
Yes, you are indeed part of a dying species.

But you are also one very few people who can experience the 1.3 turbo engine and write a real life experience review on it. I am sure lot of people would be interested in that.

And in case Renault-Nissan decide to use this engine in a future model, your experience will be invaluable for prospective buyers.
girishss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 18:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
I am sure there will be a lot of interest in the ownership review of your Duster turbo CVT. The platform is rugged and reliable, and ideally suited for use on our potholed urban roads and in our tier 2 towns and villages. You have an engine that’s also used in the latest Mercedes-Benz GLA 200, that has just been launched at Rs.60 lakhs. You also have one of the best CVT transmission is available in the market today in this category. All of this amount to a really sensible, high-value option in the market today. The Seltos or the Creta cannot even hold a candle to the Duster in these departments.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 20:19   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishss View Post
But you are also one very few people who can experience the 1.3 turbo engine and write a real life experience review on it. I am sure lot of people would be interested in that.

And in case Renault-Nissan decide to use this engine in a future model, your experience will be invaluable for prospective buyers.
Ok I'll keep this in mind, let me cross 2000 kms and get the first free service done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I am sure there will be a lot of interest in the ownership review of your Duster turbo CVT. The platform is rugged and reliable, and ideally suited for use on our potholed urban roads and in our tier 2 towns and villages. You have an engine thatís also used in the latest Mercedes-Benz GLA 200, that has just been launched at Rs.60 lakhs. You also have one of the best CVT transmission is available in the market today in this category. All of this amount to a really sensible, high-value option in the market today. The Seltos or the Creta cannot even hold a candle to the Duster in these departments.
Thank you for your kind words. Just a minor correction though, I bought the manual one. I'll write one once I'm done with the first free service.
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed