Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 22:52   #136
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
AGM batteries usually last 5+ years, and I'm surprised it conked off so soon. How much are they going to charge you anyway?

Google for Swastik Fabs too. They import aftermarket AGM batteries and may be able to guide you.
Renault is quoting 13.5k, earlier SA had quoted 5.5k. He totally denies that now.

I checked Swastik fabs and he says 22k. Seems he is the only dealer for VARTA batteries.

Attaching picture of battery for clarity. Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-duster-efb-battery.jpeg
Old 4th March 2023, 11:58   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Renault is quoting 13.5k, earlier SA had quoted 5.5k. He totally denies that now.

I checked Swastik fabs and he says 22k. Seems he is the only dealer for VARTA batteries.

Attaching picture of battery for clarity. Attachment 2424831
It's an EFB battery and looks pretty unique. 13.5K is not too much for it I feel, and you may not have any option but to go the OEM route.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:14   #138
BHPian

Quote:
It's an EFB battery and looks pretty unique. 13.5K is not too much for it I feel, and you may not have any option but to go the OEM route.
After lots of delay the dealer gave some Exide EFB battery for 12k.

I couldn't find that in online as well. Looks like novel way of rip off.

See such complaints from Mercedes owners as well - battery cost being prohibitively high and being offered 1 year warranty.
Old 7th March 2023, 22:48   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After lots of delay the dealer gave some Exide EFB battery for 12k.
Is it a Exide Europe battery? Post the pictures here. Hoping it's an exact match to your original one?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 01:11   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a Exide Europe battery? Post the pictures here. Hoping it's an exact match to your original one?
Nope it's Exide India battery. Attached are pictures of box and battery as requested. Nowhere I could see it as EFB as per serial number.

It's mostly lead acid passed as EFB.

Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-pxl_20230309_102659166.jpg
Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-pxl_20230309_102630568.jpg
Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-pxl_20230307_140213065.jpg
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 12:05   #141

Quote:

1. Does OEM battery go kaput so soon ? It's 2020 Nov manufactured vehicle. I disable auto off / on switch as it doesn't work as expected
2. Despite running 10k KMs in a year does a battery going weak ?
3. Issue was seen couple of days ago after 800 KM run but improves with 50km city run about. Doesn't battery get charged to fullest in long drives rather short drives?
4. Why does Renault Nissan (Made in Spain) gel batteries aren't stocked. Had my battery ran out of juice in tier 2 city during my trips I would have to wait for 5 days for a battery ?
5. Can we go with normal battery from Exide which has visual health checks and has 48-64 months warranty.
6. What's the technology behind these gel based battery and how long do they last and what's cost ? (Duster owners please share)
I have a 2020 July made Nov registered duster 1.3. My battery died in just 3 months and got replaced under warranty. All the symptoms were as you described, all console lights turn on, but won't crank. I also noticed that there was a beep when the battery had not enough power to crank. I tried to slow charge and repair the battery but was in vain. I was surprised that a battery can fail this early. The service team was also in disbelief that they even checked if I did some tuning to the ECU.
5hank3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:20   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hank3r View Post
I have a 2020 July made Nov registered duster 1.3. My battery died in just 3 months and got replaced under warranty.
Can you please let me know what was the replacement battery? Is it same EFB from VATRA or any Indian brand ?

Also please mention how much time it took for Renault to arrange the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hank3r View Post
I was surprised that a battery can fail this early.
Warranty is just 12 months for this battery type. Just setting the context for all (as we are all so used to 48/64 months warranty by most Indian battery companies )
Old 22nd March 2023, 19:53   #143

Quote:
Can you please let me know what was the replacement battery? Is it same EFB from VATRA or any Indian brand ?

Also please mention how much time it took for Renault to arrange the battery.
It was replaced with the same stock battery. It took them one week to procure it.
I demanded a loaner car during this period and got a Quid AMT which also had a week battery.
5hank3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 18:10   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone looking for a RxZ petrol, our neighbor is selling one. It's a 2021 Petrol Manual. Color Outback Bronze with white roof & has run 11700km.
Old 25th August 2023, 23:09   #145

Hi, I have a diesel 1.5 RXZ, 2017 facelift model. Was wondering if the projector setup of this gen is compatible with it?
Old 5th September 2023, 09:28   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Got the downsizing done and over with. And I'm pretty satisfied with the overall result. There's a slight increase in Road noise considering these are all terrain treads, but not to the point where it becomes irritating. Ride quality has improved, don't know whether it's a placebo effect or whether the reduction of approx 2 mm of ground clearance has indeed improved the driving, handling and riding characteristics (lower centre of gravity than before, you get the drift..)

You know you have done a good job with your vehicle, when it gets those second and third glances from college going kids

What do you think, fellow BHP'ians?
Would you share your experience so far with the UM tyres ? I felt considering them but there are not many reviews on the UM AT bull tyres. By now you must have clocked decent miles on them. Would be nice to know first hand feedback from a user than reading some online…your response will be highly useful…
Old 18th September 2023, 16:10   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Would you share your experience so far with the UM tyres ? I felt considering them but there are not many reviews on the UM AT bull tyres. By now you must have clocked decent miles on them. Would be nice to know first hand feedback from a user than reading some online…your response will be highly useful…
Sorry for the delayed revert. I'll be talking about UM 4X4 AT Bull specifically. They're great if you're ok with a little bit of tyre/road noise creeping in the cabin. If you're also the kind who plays music during long drives, you won't hear that noise in that case. I've clocked 20K kilometres so far on these tyres on all kind of terrains except snowy/icy, and not a single puncture yet. Very underrated in my opinion. Let me know if you have any specific query regarding these.
Old 28th September 2023, 00:18   #148
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. AT tyres do have slight road noise anyways. Is it too pronounced on the UM ATs? Wanted to know about their dry and wet grip. Most people you talk to about these tyres say they are bad but your experience says otherwise. Some reviews i read on amazon said the wet grip is bad. Has the ride quality improved as compared to your earlier ones ? Would you compare them with maxxis or radar tyres ?
Old 1st October 2023, 21:26   #149

Just wanted to check if anyone else has faced / is facing the issue of the headlamp lens fading prematurely? I have oval shaped marks (for lack of a better word), identical on both sides, indicative of the beam pattern. The entire lens is not dull, just a dull oval shape on both sides. They've been running on stock lamps only. This is a Sep 2021 VIN model.
Old 1st December 2023, 12:26   #150

Quote:
Nope it's Exide India battery. Attached are pictures of box and battery as requested. Nowhere I could see it as EFB as per serial number.
It's mostly lead acid passed as EFB.
Stock battery of my 2021 Dec purchased Duster Turbo also gave away a month back. After a couple of jump start episodes, approached my service center and was proposed the same battery as above. Price quoted was 11.9k with 1 year full replacement and 1 year pro rata replacement warranty terms. Exchange value for old battery was Rs.500. The SA did inform that I could get a better price for the used battery outside.

Wanted the original Renault-Battery but was informed Renault no longer has it in stock since Duster is out of production. Ended up calling multiple service centers across cities and got the same response. Then checked for AGM battery since I am used to pampering my car but didn't get that anywhere as well. Finally ended up installing the below from outside for 8k after exchange and 30 months full replacement and 30 months pro-rata replacement warranty. More than the cost, the warrant terms were hard to resist. Settled for this half-heartedly.

Checked with an Exide service engineer over phone on difference between EFB vs ISS and was told they use the EFB term for OEM batteries that the service center proposed and ISS for their commercial ones and that there is no difference between the two otherwise.

Literature on battery types surprisingly is relatively limited online. All I could see online was EFB is a type of ISS (Idle Start Stop). Its been a couple of days and all seems fine so far. Auto start stop works like a charm and A/C blower and audio system o/p seem to have noticeably improved though I am not sure if I am imagining things! Only bummer was the stock battery's heat shield doesn't fit this one. Want to know from OP if it fit the above EFB battery. Technician says service center should have a heat shield that fits 70DIN battery. Need to check. Also was wondering if changing the stock 60 Ah battery with this 70 Ah one is ok but then settled after seeing this post as well as my SA mentioning 70 Ah.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-20231129_105701.jpg  

Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review-20231129_110005.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 1st December 2023 at 12:31. Reason: Fixed quotes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks