Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 06:29   #406
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Hi BHPians,
2. I got a call from the dealer if I would like to extend this to 2nd year at a cost of 80k approx. I would like to understand if there’s any merit in doing this? Won’t my comprehensive insurance of 2nd year already cover tyre and other consumables?
3. What additional benefit I will have with this in comparison to a comprehensive insurance?
In theory, the right add-ons on your insurance would cover the items that BMW Secure covers. Specifically, tyre/wheel damage and lost/damaged keys. If you take BMW Secure in addition to your regular car insurance (including the add-ons that cover tyre/wheels etc), you could make an argument that you are effectively paying twice for coverage on the same parts.

I ended up taking BMW Secure for subsequent years (only 1-year renewals, and only at the time of renewal rather than upfront purchase) because BMW Secure covers up to 4 tyre/wheel replacements per year (rather than 2 that most insurance policies cover) - RFTs and Indian road conditions are not exactly what you would consider to be a match made in heaven. Furthermore, a claim on BMW Secure doesn't impact NCB on your regular insurance whereas a claim on regular insurance will impact the NCB for next year's renewal.

Also, that 80K number doesn't smell right. If your dealer is indeed quoting you BMW Secure, then it is approximately 35K INR per year, not 80K INR.
jfk1975 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 23:41   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
The petrol is no slouch either when it comes to efficiency. It ran more than 900km during a trip before a refuel was needed.
Your fuel figures make me envious. My X3 30i barely hits the 12 Km/L mark. Drive hard and it shows 8.5-9 Km/L. Perhaps the added weight (1900 Kg) and X Drive is the reason.
Old 5th April 2024, 16:17   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Your fuel figures make me envious. My X3 30i barely hits the 12 Km/L mark. Drive hard and it shows 8.5-9 Km/L. Perhaps the added weight (1900 Kg) and X Drive is the reason.
It may also be if the driving is spirited. I drive the 3GL too and use the Expressway weekly, and have never got a 900km on a full tank. So it’s not just the X3 I guess.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 08:07   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Hi BHPians,

I m in the process of finalizing 320Ld. I will be taking this car from Deutsche Motoren Bangalore. I have couple of questions on the insurance including Tyre Secure

1. I believe tyre secure is covered in the first year of insurance as a separate add on. Please confirm if my understanding is correct
2. I got a call from the dealer if I would like to extend this to 2nd year at a cost of 80k approx. I would like to understand if there’s any merit in doing this? Won’t my comprehensive insurance of 2nd year already cover tyre and other consumables?
3. What additional benefit I will have with this in comparison to a comprehensive insurance?
Hi, I just got my second year own damage renewed from deutche motoren itself. Did not opt for BMW Tyre secure as the TATA AIG policy had their own Tyre secure as an add on for RS 8100.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-screenshot_20240409_080559_drive.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 9th April 2024 at 09:37. Reason: As requested.
Motorhead3321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 21:47   #410
BHPian

Service review

Completed 10000km
Going for 1st service tomorrow to EVM Autokraft Cochin
I have the BSI - Service plus pack
Lets see how they are going to charge me

I would aim to get it serviced for zero payment

I would decline the engine cleaning and WA/WB.
Heard BMW service does not give a courtesy wash during service.
Can anyone with the BSI plus service pack share the additional extras the service centre charges?
Fingers crossed for a good service experience.

Last edited by sandygordon : 10th April 2024 at 21:47. Reason: change
Old 11th April 2024, 08:47   #411
BHPian

Re: Service review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

I would aim to get it serviced for zero payment

I would decline the engine cleaning and WA/WB.
Heard BMW service does not give a courtesy wash during service.
Can anyone with the BSI plus service pack share the additional extras the service centre charges?
They don't charge anything extra if you already have BSI Plus, but most of them will try to sneak in "value-added" services like fuel additives, A/C duct cleaning, detailing, and so on - the usual ASS drill. You can safely and pointedly refuse those services and you would have zero payment with your BSI Plus. Note that IF your wheel alignment/wheel balancing is off, you should probably go ahead and get it done. The BMW pricing is going to be a couple of grand higher than the pricing of a reputed FNG, but not really a wallet-burning difference. WA/WB will be in the 8-10K range.

Tip: BSI Plus entitles you to a wiper replacement once a year. Even if they try to say that it is fine, just force them to get it changed.
jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 22:36   #412
BHPian

First Service Experience Rating: 3/5

10000km service of my 330Li was done today at EVM Autokraft Cochin
Overall a nice experience.
Everything was done well, still not the best service experience I ever had. After spending 70L+ you would expect something special.

They could be more proactive with SA allocation, updates and making the owners feel more comfortable.

These luxury brands can surely take a leaf out of Kia or Skoda service at Cochin.

BSI Plus service was free as it was prepaid.
They changed the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, AC filter, and wipers and did a water wash. Got an invoice for 32k paid by BSI Plus, the split bill was not available. Opted not to do WA/WB.

Brake pads were checked, it had 7mm tread, hence they did not opt for change. They said that they would change when the notification comes in the car.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 23:21   #413
BHPian

Performance in the twisties

Had a blast with the 330Li on some hill station roads. The stretch from Munnar to Chinnakanal was one of the best hill station roads I have driven on. It was very good and was a good test for the handling prowess of the 330LI.

To tell the truth, I was a bit disappointed with the wallowing the car had on the twisties. It did handle well, steering was precise and weighty in the sports mode, although I had to reduce speed at the corners due to some body-roll. It did take the corners at fair speeds with some finesse and the rear wheel drive made it a bit sweeter at the hairpin bends. Some rare instances where you would crave for adaptive dampers.

I thoroughly enjoyed the car and made me fall in love with the overall versatility. A limousine when you want it to be and a sporty sedan when you want it to be one.
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-1.jpg
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-2.jpg
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-3.jpg
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-4.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 11:58   #414
BHPian

Has anyone on this group faced sunroof rattles? I am getting one from the rear left I guess. it's faint and starts to creep in post 20 mins in the car on uneven roads, which is everywhere in Bombay.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 13:12   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead3321 View Post
Hi, I just got my second year own damage renewed from deutche motoren itself. Did not opt for BMW Tyre secure as the TATA AIG policy had their own Tyre secure as an add on for RS 8100.

Please check if it’s applicable during alloys breakage only or even for bending? Makes a big difference because BMW secure covers for alloy deformation too.
Old 21st April 2024, 13:12   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Has anyone on this group faced sunroof rattles? I am getting one from the rear left I guess. it's faint and starts to creep in post 20 mins in the car on uneven roads, which is everywhere in Bombay.
Honestly, fed up of it now. For me, the rattle started at the front of the sun roof. Had the service folks fix it during the first service. They said they did some lubrication around the rubber beading to fix it. (I doubt they did anything). Few days later, the rattle was back, and this time I tried diagnosing it myself. It was the wind diffuser hitting against the glass on top. Put a cushiony tape on it to fix it. The rattle was alright for good 5 months. But now, just like you, I have a pretty bad rattle at the rear left corner of the sun roof. Looks like this is a known problem in 3GL. Have heard this from others too. Planning to take it to Duestche Service again to check what the problem is. Got just 5 months before the warranty ends.
keerthikumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 15:06   #417
BHPian

Quote:
OMG. I thought it was one of issue with my sunroof.
Old 22nd April 2024, 14:47   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone on this group faced sunroof rattles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by keerthikumar View Post
Looks like this is a known problem in 3GL. Have heard this from others too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
OMG. I thought it was one of issue with my sunroof.
Very common issue with the G20 but I assumed they would have fixed it in the G28 facelift. There is a TSB as well but I doubt whether BMW India dealers go to so much trouble:

https://www.tsbsearch.com/BMW/SI-B54-16-19
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:36   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerthikumar View Post
Honestly, fed up of it now. For me, the rattle started at the front of the sun roof. Had the service folks fix it during the first service. They said they did some lubrication around the rubber beading to fix it. (I doubt they did anything). Few days later, the rattle was back, and this time I tried diagnosing it myself. It was the wind diffuser hitting against the glass on top. Put a cushiony tape on it to fix it. The rattle was alright for good 5 months. But now, just like you, I have a pretty bad rattle at the rear left corner of the sun roof. Looks like this is a known problem in 3GL. Have heard this from others too. Planning to take it to Duestche Service again to check what the problem is. Got just 5 months before the warranty ends.
I raised an official complaint with BMW India. Let’s see where it takes us. What’s annoying is that when I speak to BMW India, I get the feeling that they have never faced a customer complaint on this issue. Either their CRM genuinely does not link this intelligence or its sheer arrogance. Can’t tell!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks