Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2023, 19:50   #61

Re: 2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look

So, we (me and my wifey) have decided to go for Amaze VX CVT. It is now being offered with wireless charging pad. Getting a nice deal @10.5L on-road. Pictures will be added shortly after delivery 😄
umahesh612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 09:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umahesh612 View Post
So, we (me and my wifey) have decided to go for Amaze VX CVT. It is now being offered with wireless charging pad. Getting a nice deal @10.5L on-road. Pictures will be added shortly after delivery 😄
Congratulations. Let's us know how the experience is, particularly the CVT transmission.

The entry sedan segment was the big thing earlier and still very popular I guess in tier 2 cities. Serves perfectly for a small family
Old 15th December 2023, 10:14   #63

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Being an Amaze owner, I can relate to all your points.
Just one correction though, it comes with 4 parking sensors instead of 2 mentioned in you post.
Old 17th December 2023, 01:37   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
Congratulations. Let's us know how the experience is, particularly the CVT transmission.

The entry sedan segment was the big thing earlier and still very popular I guess in tier 2 cities. Serves perfectly for a small family
Thank you. The car engine is butter smooth. You wouldn't even notice that it is on. I myself have walked away a couple of times without turning the engine off, only to return in a hurry, as the car won't lock with engine running

The CVT is smooth in operation. When operated with a light foot, there is no lag whatsoever. You get what you demand. Floor the pedal and the engine growls, and there we can see the rubber band effect. Paddle shifters are a joy to use, especially on highways. They satisfy the manual transmission fan in me. CVT works good enough for my wife, and she is a fan.

Coming from Chevrolet Beat, this car is SPACIOUS!!! No other words can describe it. Man the cabin is airy. No feeling of claustrophobia whatsoever. I managed a mileage of 16.2kmpl in highway driving, with speed maintained at 80kmph, hope that was a good mileage.

I have already ordered kits for a few DIY. One is the auto dimming IRVM of Honda City. The second being the kit for auto-folding of ORVMs.

I wonder why Honda skimped on cruise control for this car, though. Also, is there any way to retrofit that!!??

All in all, 500 odd kms covered and I do not regret my purchase one bit.

Pictures for your pleasure:

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-de239f108b5d462184d4ec04d3b723c3.jpeg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-773d86e386f942449b49bd13a8f8e283.jpeg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-ec204f398ec34411bfa29f2e96a890df.jpeg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-6ad2bcb0ce7643419adcd1a18a6bf049.jpeg
umahesh612 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 19:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. The car engine is butter smooth. You wouldn't even notice that it is on.

Attachment 2545140

Attachment 2545141

Attachment 2545142

Attachment 2545143
Thank you for the nice pics. The car is gorgeous and as you mentioned a great engine. Hope more people notice this car and go for it.
Old 17th December 2023, 20:17   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
Thank you for the nice pics. The car is gorgeous and as you mentioned a great engine. Hope more people notice this car and go for it.
We were seriously considering Nissan Magnite. A capable car in its own right. But it was a 3 pot turbo pertrol. And Turbocharger is another additional moving part. The car actually is used only when I am home, which is about 5-odd months per year, plus the occassional drive by my wife. So, the running is low. I did not want to risk a turbo failure or some other associated problem. Hence, it was one of the biggest factor which tilted the needle towards Amaze.
umahesh612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 13:32   #67

Congratulations on your new car! I always liked the way Amaze looks. I was considering Amaze as an option while buying my previous car, the baleno. But couldn’t as I didn’t want to stretch my budget.
Old 29th December 2023, 09:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. The car engine is butter smooth. You wouldn't even notice that it is on. I myself have walked away a couple of times without turning the engine off, only to return in a hurry, as the car won't lock with engine running

The CVT is smooth in operation. When operated with a light foot, there is no lag whatsoever. You get what you demand. Floor the pedal and the engine growls, and there we can see the rubber band effect. Paddle shifters are a joy to use, especially on highways. They satisfy the manual transmission fan in me. CVT works good enough for my wife, and she is a fan.

Coming from Chevrolet Beat, this car is SPACIOUS!!! No other words can describe it. Man the cabin is airy. No feeling of claustrophobia whatsoever. I managed a mileage of 16.2kmpl in highway driving, with speed maintained at 80kmph, hope that was a good mileage.

I have already ordered kits for a few DIY. One is the auto dimming IRVM of Honda City. The second being the kit for auto-folding of ORVMs.

I wonder why Honda skimped on cruise control for this car, though. Also, is there any way to retrofit that!!??

All in all, 500 odd kms covered and I do not regret my purchase one bit.

Attachment 2545140

Attachment 2545141

Attachment 2545142

Attachment 2545143
Congratulations! Even I upgraded from a chevy beat to a Honda Amaze and I can totally relate to the spaciousness of the cabin.

Do keep us posted about the DIY's that you plan to do.
Old 29th December 2023, 10:07   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Congratulations! Even I upgraded from a chevy beat to a Honda Amaze and I can totally relate to the spaciousness of the cabin.

Do keep us posted about the DIY's that you plan to do.
Thank you @saikishor. I had planned 3 DIYs, one of which is complete as of now.

The first one is to install the relay for automatic folding of ORVMs when we lock/unlock the car. This is done for now.

The second one is installing the auto-dimming IRVM of honda city. The part is ordered on Mech Deals, but it is taking inordinate amount of time. The next option is to order at Honda Service Centre only. My friend owns a City, so I will tag along with him and order the part.

The third one is hard-wiring of the dashcam.

The first service of the car is done, and we have clocked 1500kms so far. Even though it was not recommended, I insisted and paid for oil and oil filter change.

Has anyone noticed how unstable the car is @100kmph mark? Any ideas on how to mitigate it?
umahesh612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 10:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you @saikishor. I had planned 3 DIYs, one of which is complete as of now.

The first one is to install the relay for automatic folding of ORVMs when we lock/unlock the car. This is done for now.

The second one is installing the auto-dimming IRVM of honda city. The part is ordered on Mech Deals, but it is taking inordinate amount of time. The next option is to order at Honda Service Centre only. My friend owns a City, so I will tag along with him and order the part.

The third one is hard-wiring of the dashcam.

The first service of the car is done, and we have clocked 1500kms so far. Even though it was not recommended, I insisted and paid for oil and oil filter change.

Has anyone noticed how unstable the car is @100kmph mark? Any ideas on how to mitigate it?

The car gets unstable post 100kph. I feel this is because of the 175 section MRF tyres. I feel upgrading them to 185 or 195 section should solve the issue. Also, the Amaze has soft suspension, which is a boon in the city but a bane on the highway.
Old 1st January 2024, 18:19   #71

Can anyone suggest a good cable for Android Auto? Need USB type C cable. Mine connects well, but disconnects whenever I lay down on the horn for more than a few seconds. Strange, but it is how it is. Apple Carplay didn't give me any trouble like that, but I prefer android auto, hence asking
Old 1st January 2024, 23:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a good cable for Android Auto? Need USB type C cable. Mine connects well, but disconnects whenever I lay down on the horn for more than a few seconds. Strange, but it is how it is. Apple Carplay didn't give me any trouble like that, but I prefer android auto, hence asking
This product has worked well for me so far:
https://www.amazon.in/Portronics-POR-1081-Charging-1-2Meter-Function/dp/B08CF3D7QR/
KryptonMonkey is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:52   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Thank you so much @KryptonMonkey. I bought the 0.5ft one and now android auto is fully stable. Literally 0 disconnections even on bad roads or if I am standing on the horn. Fully satisfied
Old 8th January 2024, 16:09   #74

Congratulations on the new Amaze! Could you please share the source/ link from where you got the relay for automatic folding ORVM? Thanks in advance!
Old 9th January 2024, 09:59   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaze_Wt View Post

Congratulations on the new Amaze! Could you please share the source/ link from where you got the relay for automatic folding ORVM? Thanks in advance!
https://www.hotcarshop.in/productdet...ts&_pc=PROD846

There you go. Cheers

Can someone help me find an auto dimming IRVM for my car :-) . Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks