Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2024, 14:36   #76

Re: 2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look

So, today I finished the dashcam hardwiring DIY.
the hardwire kit is available on amazon. The link is as follows:
70mai Hardwire Cable Kit https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08Y82ZLQ8?...p_mob_ap_share

I had an old dashcam from my Chevy beat, which I removed, and fixed in my Amaze. I dinged the rear left door and the sill below pretty hard while coming out of parking space.

Have to take him for denting and painting.

Anyways, here are some pics of the successful DIY. The last image is the location where the ground cable is attached to the body (unable to sort images properly as typing this from iphone):

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-img_4966.jpeg
Location of the Dashcam

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-img_4969.jpeg
Wiring from A-Pillar

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-img_4970.jpeg
Location of Cabin fuse box

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-img_4975.jpeg
Hardwired fuses of dashcam to power and accessories fuses

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-img_4979.jpeg
Operational Dashcam

Attachment 2556222

The Dinged rear left door and sill while taking the car out of parking:
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-43e1c08fce8d47789f7ded2ad7f1d3e4.jpeg  

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-c61d5e04e31246d78cb8329c6bd8cb85.jpeg  

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-img_4978.jpeg  

umahesh612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 11:54   #77

Hello everyone, I have got the dinged part repainted and the whole car ceramic coated. Set me back quite a few bucks but better to have it now. Here are the pics:
2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-661fae663cbf480c8fb2a9ceb6cf97f5.jpeg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-1a8bc80924974e99b48a7b0731488bab.jpeg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-0371e3b7aef84e0581459be3dfe256c8.jpeg
umahesh612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 18:44   #78

I have driven many cars all my life from Alto, Santro, Baleno, i10, Creta, and some more.

But I have never faced this issue with any of my Cars like the one I am facing with my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic

The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars.

While Driving it doesn't work like a Power Steering at all. Even my Alto and Santro which I used in 2007-2008 had much better Steering than this one.

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy.

I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze

But even if it is the same for All Amaze - Does this statement Fix the Issue? No

If you google - Honda Amaze Steering Hard / Honda Amaze Steering Heavy you will find many Users facing the same issue. There are some YouTube videos too about this issue.

But the Dealers are 1st Not agreeging that it is even an issue 2nd they just don't take it seriously and give a blank answer saying that it's the same with all other Amaze too.

A week ago I drove my friend's i10 Car and the Steering on it was Ultra Amazing and Very smooth. I have driven many Cars but this one has a really Hard Steering.

I have even tried calling Honda Customer Support Directly but they have just re-directed me to the Dealer who just doesn't do anything to resolve the issue.

I seriously feel this is a Big issue with Honda Amaze and they should just Recall all of them that are having this Issue and Resolve this issue ASAP...just google the same and you will see many people writing about the same issue.

Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you
Old 21st January 2024, 10:30   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul0303 View Post
I have driven many cars all my life from Alto, Santro, Baleno, i10, Creta, and some more.

But I have never faced this issue with any of my Cars like the one I am facing with my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic

The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars.

While Driving it doesn't work like a Power Steering at all. Even my Alto and Santro which I used in 2007-2008 had much better Steering than this one.

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy.

I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze

But even if it is the same for All Amaze - Does this statement Fix the Issue? No

If you google - Honda Amaze Steering Hard / Honda Amaze Steering Heavy you will find many Users facing the same issue. There are some YouTube videos too about this issue.

But the Dealers are 1st Not agreeging that it is even an issue 2nd they just don't take it seriously and give a blank answer saying that it's the same with all other Amaze too.

A week ago I drove my friend's i10 Car and the Steering on it was Ultra Amazing and Very smooth. I have driven many Cars but this one has a really Hard Steering.

I have even tried calling Honda Customer Support Directly but they have just re-directed me to the Dealer who just doesn't do anything to resolve the issue.

I seriously feel this is a Big issue with Honda Amaze and they should just Recall all of them that are having this Issue and Resolve this issue ASAP...just google the same and you will see many people writing about the same issue.

Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you
Amaze has Electronic Power Steering and it weighs up as we speed up. Start with relay and go upto motor. Mostly, if the EPS motor/ modules fail, we would feel the whole steering as heavy.

Maybe change the dealer and go to a different workshop? If not, someone here can help with escalation.

I am driving Amaze for 2 months, and, although admit that it is a new vehicle, I can personally say that power steering is working as intended.

If you have accessories installed, check if it is drawing power, leading to insufficient power for EPS?

Let us know the outcome.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2024, 19:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul0303 View Post
... my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy
The steering of the Amaze CVT definitely weighs on the heavier side. However, it still has a lot of EPS characteristics that enable one-handed operation if required.

My recommendation is to go to your service station and request to drive a couple of models of the same variant and see if you experience the same behavior. This will help you understand if there is indeed an issue with your car or not. Your perception of steering heaviness may be getting exaggerated with your experience with cars with super light steering such as the Hyundai i10.
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:24   #81
BHPian

My brother is considering Amaze VX CVT 2024. Could bhpians help me with following queries

* He is getting conflicting info on if the car is e20 compliant or not. Dealership is saying both 2023 and 2024 models are E10. Can anybody confirm (fuel door picture or owners manual) this?

* Are there any differences between 2024 and 2023 models? Any features added / deleted?

* Is the top end selling with only 2 airbags in 2024 ? I'm inclined to recommend him not to go with the car if that is the case.

* Are we expecting any refresh soon that could significantly improve safety or other aspects?

Any recommendations, if he ends up not going with Amaze, for a safe and compact petrol car (not restricted to compact sadan).

Thank you in advance.
Old 24th February 2024, 01:07   #82
BHPian

I'll answer what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
* Are there any differences between 2024 and 2023 models? Any features added / deleted?
As far as I know, no features have been added/deleted. They did introduce a new variant with some small feature additions though, called the Elite Edition.

Quote:
My brother is considering Amaze VX CVT 2024. Could bhpians help me with following queries
* Is the top end selling with only 2 airbags in 2024 ? I'm inclined to recommend him not to go with the car if that is the case.
Yes, you get only 2 airbags in the top-end variant.

Quote:
* Are we expecting any refresh soon that could significantly improve safety or other aspects?
There are reports of a new generation being launched in the 2nd half of 2024.
Example: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-2024-427150

Quote:
Any recommendations, if he ends up not going with Amaze, for a safe and compact petrol car (not restricted to compact sadan).
Assuming you want a proper automatic within a similar budget to the Amaze and not an AMT, you could try the Hyundai i20 IVT or the pricier i20 N-line DCT. The i20 comes with 6 airbags, ESP, traction control and TPMS apart from a host of other features.
KryptonMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 05:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Assuming you want a proper automatic within a similar budget to the Amaze and not an AMT, you could try the Hyundai i20 IVT or the pricier i20 N-line DCT. The i20 comes with 6 airbags, ESP, traction control and TPMS apart from a host of other features.
Thank you. He decided to drop Amaze due to 2 airbags and booked i20 ivt. In his case, he cannot wait for updated Amaze (assuming it will come with better safety equipment.)
Old 9th March 2024, 00:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umahesh612 View Post

Has anyone noticed how unstable the car is @100kmph mark? Any ideas on how to mitigate it?
Can’t speak for gen 2 but my first gen Amaze (2013) is rock solid upto the speed limiter, I won’t say the speed as it’s against forum rules. It’s not safe to drive any car at those speeds on public roads but mechanically there’s zero issues.

Only exception being crosswinds, as it’s a very light car with skinny tyres any crosswind will make it very unstable above 90. On calm days though, like I said zero instability upto the limiter.

Check cold tyre pressures on all 4 tyres and wheel balance and alignment followed by wheels for any dents/imperfections. New cars can be out of balance too, if it’s unstable from day 1 check steering and suspension components as well.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th March 2024 at 04:31. Reason: Removing the unwanted bits w.r.t. speed limits.
Old 25th March 2024, 12:12   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Seriously Honda, what is the point of removing the cruise control from Automatics? It's like Honda deliberately trying to flop it's models, so that they can calmly exit the market, giving excuses, like "Indian Govt and market are not suitable for us".
This is the 1 critical miss. Cruise control is a must for highway driving. The only reason I can see is to restrict the MRP.
Thinking aloud- would there be merit in mandating such a feature as a safety requirement?
Old 25th March 2024, 12:21   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam_230 View Post
IMO, Amaze is a great value for money at this price point with top end petrol automatic for around 10 Lacs on-road. It is the only car with a 4 cylinder engine greater than 1 litre capacity and a smooth CVT gearbox. Rivals offer either a 3 cylinder 1 litre engine or jerky AMTs.
True, this car outshines Aura, Tigor, & Dzire in basic vehicle dynamics, refinement & safety. The only close rival was Ford Aspire.

Missing features (some not so crucial) & lower mileage are the negatives.
Old 25th March 2024, 12:34   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Is this camera completely useless? I am undecided between the S variant (without camera, touchscreen, paddle shifters, LED, etc) and the VX variant.

Is it worth paying the extra 1lac for all of these, esp. the camera & touchscreen functionality?

I know the reverse parking does not have the guidelines that move as you turn the steering wheel, but is it usable at all, esp when wanting to park between tight spaces ?
Late reply! Yes 1 lac is worth the difference for:
City 4th gen alloys
Paddle shifters (on CVT)
Reverse Camera is decent- it works fine
Alpine Touchscreen & speakers
LED lights- must have for highway driving.

Once you apportion 1 lac over a 10 year ownership, its definitely worthwhile
INDIAFIRST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 12:40   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
The Amaze doesn't have this feature by default. Not sure if there is an after-market solution for this.
Pardon the noob query.

Isnt auto-lock the function where car automatically locks provided key is not inside? Is so then Amaze has this function.
Old 25th March 2024, 17:35   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Isnt auto-lock the function where car automatically locks provided key is not inside? Is so then Amaze has this function.
My response was in the context of the question from BHPian salluks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by salluks View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to add "Auto Lock" the car once u exit the car? My friends Hyundai eon has this feature but amaze doesn't seem to have it.
When you exit the Honda Amaze, shut all doors properly and walk away without performing an explicit locking action (such as using the request sensor, using the key fob, etc.), the car will NOT auto-lock. Hence Honda Amaze doesn't have this feature in this context. I have validated this today.

I also checked the user manual and it mentions Auto Door Locking in only the following cases.

1. 2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-honda-amaze-autolock1.jpg

2. 2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-honda-amaze-autolock2.jpg
Old 14th April 2024, 02:06   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I drive a Honda Amaze S Manual in petrol from pre facelift 2021 make. I somehow feel my car automatically locks itself if I shut all doors properly and walk away a few metres from the car.

Note: mine has a remote key system to lock and unlock but not a request sensor type which is there in higher models V (currently axed) and VX.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks