Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 18:30   #46
BHPian

Re: 2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
-- Touchscreen is responsive. But the rear camera is the worst i've seen in any car that I have tested in the last few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The reverse parking camera still does not get adaptive guidelines, and its mediocre display quality is more 2011 than 2021:
Is this camera completely useless? I am undecided between the S variant (without camera, touchscreen, paddle shifters, LED, etc) and the VX variant.

Is it worth paying the extra 1lac for all of these, esp. the camera & touchscreen functionality?

I know the reverse parking does not have the guidelines that move as you turn the steering wheel, but is it usable at all, esp when wanting to park between tight spaces ?
Old 25th July 2022, 21:21   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Is this camera completely useless? I am undecided between the S variant (without camera, touchscreen, paddle shifters, LED, etc) and the VX variant.

Is it worth paying the extra 1lac for all of these, esp. the camera & touchscreen functionality?
The camera was not completely useless, it was from an earlier generation and definitely worse that competitors.

I TDed the car almost 4 months back. Carmakers keep adding/deleting features. Best to check it out yourself.

The top spec is definitely better: alloys, DRLs, etc add to the look. Frankly, the variant depends on your budget. I found S variant to be good enough.

In the end though, we decided not to go with the Amaze. Picked the Swift AMT instead.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 22:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
In the end though, we decided not to go with the Amaze. Picked the Swift AMT instead.
Can you plz share the rationale for going for the Swift AMT? Usually its said that CVTs are way better than jerky AMTs right ? So why the Swift ?
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Can you plz share the rationale for going for the Swift AMT? Usually its said that CVTs are way better than jerky AMTs right ? So why the Swift ?
On paper, the Amaze is better. But you don't buy cars by making Excel comparisons. It's not a white good like a washing machine where just features, VFM and brand matter. A car is something more than that. You need to feel a connect with it. That's why test drive is the most important aspect in choosing a car. You need to enjoy driving it. It's the X factor. To me, Swift felt like fun, while Amaze felt like a bland mode of transportation to get you from point A to point B. It's all personal opinion. You may feel differently!

Happy motoring.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:22   #50
BANNED

Quote:
To me, Swift felt like fun, while Amaze felt like a bland mode of transportation to get you from point A to point B. It's all personal opinion. You may feel differently!
Happy motoring.
Buying a car involves personal preferences, no car can fit one and all. Everyone has their priorities.
Some want fun to drive cars, some prefer cars with excellent mileage and so on. What connects to you the most matters. A Test Drive is a must so as to find your perfect car.
Old 1st September 2022, 11:42   #51
BHPian

Does anyone know if it's possible to add "Auto Lock" the car once u exit the car? My friends Hyundai eon has this feature but amaze doesn't seem to have it.
Old 6th September 2022, 14:57   #52
BHPian

Does anyone know if Amaze has a self-centering steering i.e., steering which comes back to the centre position automatically once we have completed the turn and we let go of the steering?
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salluks View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to add "Auto Lock" the car once u exit the car? My friends Hyundai eon has this feature but amaze doesn't seem to have it.
The Amaze doesn't have this feature by default. Not sure if there is an after-market solution for this.
Old 16th October 2022, 15:10   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

On the look out for an AT for my sis, the Amaze was checked out today. One point was the suspension was not the best. Has anybody tried to improve the ride quality ? One option is to have a slightly less tyre pressure. Will 185 size tyres help ?

Last edited by condor : 16th October 2022 at 15:17.
Old 3rd January 2023, 23:32   #55
BHPian

I had the opportunity to drive the 2nd Gen Amaze facelift VX CVT (Petrol) extensively, covering about 1000 km on a trip to north Kerala and back to Bangalore. This car has about 5000 km on the odometer and is maintained in stock condition except for the Honda seat covers and front-center armrest as accessories.

Here are some of my observations while living with it for a week:
  • A lot of my initial impressions documented in this thread (Tata Punch v/s Honda Amaze, to replace my Swift | Update - Chose Urban Cruiser!) still hold good.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
    • The CVT is butter smooth. I cannot emphasize this enough. The AMT was jerky and underwhelming. My daily drive is an MT and if I'm switching to an automatic, AMTs will not feature in my wishlist, unless I'm absolutely shackled by budget constraints.
    • The Baleno lacked the paddle shifters that the Amaze came with. Hence the Baleno got rejected. I had some fun driving in the ghats with the paddle shifters.
    • The Amaze has spacious interiors and a great boot that swallows luggage like nobody's business. If you keep your cars long, then space is something you can never have enough of. On the exterior as well, despite being a sub-4m car, it gives the impression of being a larger car. The pearl white shade accentuates this effect.
    • The 4-cylinder engine of the Amaze is super-refined. Unless you go pedal to the metal, you'll barely notice the engine inside the cabin.
    • The keyless entry of the Amaze is very seamless. No need to press the request sensor button on the handle at all. It may not be something you'd appreciate during a test drive, but in daily usage, it's fantastic to use. Honda's implementation of this feature is excellent.
    • To the novice drivers in the family, the hood being visible from the height-adjustable driver's seat was apparently very valuable. The muscle-car looks of the car enable this "feature". So you don't need a CSUV to enjoy this "feature".
    • At 170mm, the ground clearance of the Amaze was sufficient and there have been no issues with bottom-scraping so far.
  • The CVT is silky smooth, especially in urban conditions. This car is a joy to cruise long distances in a calm, relaxed manner. The refined i-VTEC engine barely makes its presence felt as long as you don’t start mashing the accelerator pedal aggressively. This car rewards a gentle driving style.
  • You have to plan overtakes better due to the CVT rubber-band effect. The paddle-shifters help out here. In D-mode, tapping the paddle-shifter to downshift quickly to get a burst of power helps out as the response with the paddles seems to be much quicker.
  • Engine braking in D mode seems to be practically non-existent. I had to keep reminding myself that in the ghats. The S-mode with paddle-shifters is the way to go there if you want to drive aggressively around the ghats. Coming from a manual transmission car, this took a while to get used to.
  • The AC cooling performance is pretty good, even with 5 people on board on a hot day. The lack of rear AC vents does not seem to be a deal-breaker at all. The throw from the center vents and the overall air circulation seem to be effective.
  • The suspension is tuned for comfort and there is definitely some body roll if you get aggressive around corners such as those in the ghats. I felt the rear get bouncy on some undulating roads.
  • The ride quality is good for the most part. The comfort-oriented suspension setup coupled with the smooth CVT meant that the rear seat passengers mostly dozed off on long drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk077 View Post
Does anyone know if Amaze has a self-centering steering i.e., steering which comes back to the centre position automatically once we have completed the turn and we let go of the steering?
Yes, it does self-center. I guess it depends on how aggressively one likes the self-centering mechanism to work. I had no issues with the self-centering calibration on the Amaze.
You can check out a sample of this in this YouTube video (at the 10:10 minute mark): .
Closing out with a photo of this comfortable cruiser from the trip:

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-amaze-vx-cvt-1.jpg
KryptonMonkey is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:59   #56
BHPian

Hello Amaze Owners,

I am considering getting an Amaze for my parents to replace their Ignis, car will be driven by the driver. Just wanted to get your feedback on the rear seat ingress/egress for senior citizens. Mom has a developing knee problem and I am looking to get them a safer car, with the intention of not impacting their health negatively.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th May 2023, 00:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandseth01 View Post
I am considering getting an Amaze for my parents to replace their Ignis, car will be driven by the driver. Just wanted to get your feedback on the rear seat ingress/egress for senior citizens. Mom has a developing knee problem and I am looking to get them a safer car, with the intention of not impacting their health negatively.
The rear doors of the Amaze open sufficiently wide enough and my senior citizen dad had no issues getting into the rear seat.

Coming from the Ignis experience, your folks might find that they have to "sink" into the rear seats a bit more in the Amaze.

Hence my recommendation would be to get the test drive vehicle to your home so that your folks can try out the ingress/egress for themselves. Do the tests multiple times as well. No amount of reviews can be a sufficient proxy for real experience.
Old 4th May 2023, 10:07   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Coming from the Ignis experience, your folks might find that they have to "sink" into the rear seats a bit more in the Amaze.
Thanks for the feedback, the "sinking" feeling is what I was concerned about. I was avoiding a test drive with them as Dad being Dad will have 100 reasons for not wanting to change the car:-). Appreciate your quick feedback.
Old 2nd September 2023, 14:39   #59
BHPian

Hi Folks

I just bought a new Honda Amaze on 31st Aug'23 and decided to upgrade the tyres. While getting the same done, I noticed that a lot of parts behind the wheel were rusted. It'll be great if I could get some suggestions on the basis of the images that I am sharing :

1. Firstly, is it something that I should be concerned about or not.
2. Since the car is new and in warranty, can I push the dealer to get these parts replaced under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-1.jpeg  

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-2.jpeg  

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-3.jpeg  

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-4.jpeg  

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-5.jpeg  

nishchal316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 20:27   #60
BHPian

It has been more than a month since we took delivery of the car. The odo stands at 14xx km, and the car is due for first service. I didnt post much about the Amaze, as I havent really driven it much. My dad is the primary user of this car and he does around 12-14km per day. I got to drive this car yesterday while coming back from a cousin's wedding for 300kms, and here are my observations from the drive and a month of living with the car:

Positives:
Engine+gearbox combo is a match made in heaven. The free revving vtec and 7 step CVT ensure that the engine never feels stressed. I particularly like how the CVT behaves during kickdown; it drops a step or two and holds on to it in a very nice manner, instead of getting confused.

Surprisingly good paint quality. The silver shines when under sunlight. Finishing feels smooth and nice as well.

Proper automatic gearbox in a sea of stupid AMT's. This itself is a flex IMO��

Boot feels humongous, swallowing whatever you throw at it. It feels really big after living with a 170 liter boot in the Chevy Beat for 13 years.

Rear seat is a very comfy and cozy place to be in.

Strong headlights. Lowbeam itself is really strong. The LED's are a nice addition to the facelift, combined with auto headlamps.

Paddle shifters are a joy to use. They feel very intuitive and add to the overall experience.

Comfy suspension. In roads where our Beat used to crash into potholes, the Amaze glides over them smoothly.

Powerful air con unit. I never felt the need of rear AC vents. Useful max cool option provided in the AC control unit.

Although there is abundant cost cutting, for the price we paid the car feels sufficiently premium, and I guess that says something about the brand Honda. I mean unless someone with a Team-BHP eye starts looking at the car, he will not find it to be cheap.

No waiting period, from booking the car to taking delivery, everything happened in 5 days.

The car we bought(Elite edition) has some nice goodies like Tyre inflator, rear spoiler, TPMS(more on this later) for a nominal price increase.

Peace of mind associated when the branding reads Honda

The car looks really elegant, despite of being a cut short sub 4m car.

Negatives:

Perhaps the biggest con I have with this car is the front passenger seat. Honda got it all wrong. There is limited adjustment and you also have this floor hump incline on the left passenger footwell area(common to all Honda cars). For a person above 5 foot 8 inches, there is no underthigh support. I rarely sit in this seat and prefer to sit at the rear.

Cost cutting is aplenty in this car. Halogen high mounted stop lamp, cheap sunvisors and IRVM, 2 rear parking sensors, no backlighting for the gear selector(although it is displayed on the speedo, it takes some time getting used to), no adjustable rear headrests( safety hindrance, as the provided headrests are useless), horrible noise insulation(typical Honda), no engine hood insulation.

Cruise control is a big big miss. Surprisingly it is available on the manual, but not on the auto.

Compliant suspension results in nervous handling. Car gets really bouncy at triple digit speeds.

Brakes inspire no confidence at all. The pedal has no feel and takes a little more effort and distance to stop the car at your required will.

175 mm tyres make handling matters worse. I wish to upgrade to 195 mm once these wear out. This will probably improve braking and stability.

Fuel tank is on the smaller side. This car takes 29-30 liters tops, where as my Beat sometimes takes in 32 liters.

Rear suspension bottoms out when there is a full load of passengers. Feels annoying to look at when it happens.

OEM speakers are flat. Audiophiles will upgrade for sure but for average joes this will not matter much. But I must mention, once I tweaked the equaliser settings, there was a day and night difference in sound quality. After tweaking the equaliser the sound quality feels decent enough.

Accessories installed from showroom:
Steering cover: I really like the way OEM steering covers fit to the steering. This one is no different from my views. Price:700/-

Ventilated seat cover for two seats: For the price and the functionality that these offer, I feel it is a good value add on. They additionally come with a massager function which I felt wasnt really useful. These seat covers cool the seats within no time. Price: 6500/- per seat.

Planned upgrades:
I want to put LED bulbs in place of the halogens(indicators, reverse lights, numberplate lights), but am a little unsure about daylight visibility

Sunfilms

I would like to swap the sunvisors wit the ones on the Honda City if they feel premium enough and if there is a possibility of doing so.
The audio headunit is made by Alpine if I am not wrong. I saw Alpine branding on the remote given for the HU. The interface works for me and I dont know why people complain so much about the interface. The screen moves smoothly whenever you swipe on it and that is all that matters to me. Android auto is smooth and honestly that depends on the age of your phone.

Dealership experience:5/10
Now this would have easily been a 7/10 if they handled some things smoothly but no. We bought our car from Pride Honda Madinaguda. There were two guys I dealt with, Vinod and Ayan. We mostly dealt with Vinod. We booked our car on 21 October and took delivery on 26 October. The car was brought to our home for a test drive the very next day after we booked it on our request. I did not drive the car at all due to a small incident which I will detail about below, but my dad drove the car for a good 10+ km and he liked it very much. I asked the salesguy that I would like to take the car on the ring road, but they refused stating that they needed to go back go the showroom due to time constraints.

#1: There was a small scratch on the rear bumper. This was promptly fixed and repainted the very next day after delivery.

#2: We were given a FASTAG of some other moron's car. 500 rupees just went down the drain. Reason that Im cribbing so much about this is the way Vinod dealt with it. He just did not admit that there was a mistake from his side about delivering a wrong FASTAG. My dad had added 500 rupees to the FASTAG and some other guy was using it. The guy didnt recharge his FASTAG and we were left with an empty one. After 3 days with no resolution, I peeled and tore off the old one. Bought a new ICICI FASTAG from a vendor on the ORR entry point and it has been working like a charm

#3: I insisted my dad to get numberplate frames from the showroom during the installation. This was told to Vinod well in advance. But when my dad went to the showroom, Vinod started to give excuses and senseless answers to my dad. My dad was fed up of this. This sole incident made me to give 5/10 to the dealership experience.

#4: TPMS has not been installed yet. It seems there is a problem from Honda's side itself. There is some error code appearing post TPMS installation as stated by Vinod. He told us he will contact us immediately after this error code issue is resolved. I need to take this in writing shortly from the dealership, as I no longer trust them after the #3 incident.

I must appreciate how Vinod has handled one incident. Just before the day we booked the car, I took a test drive of a manual Amaze. 200m into the drive, I had to hard-brake at a traffic signal. There was this drunk guy on a Honda Shine SP who banged right into the rear of the car. I was scared of this being pushed on me, but Vinod handled it smoothly and the guy who hit the car paid 10k to the dealership 1 hour later.2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-snapchat1002396171.jpg

Overall, I am very impressed with the car. Attaching a few pictures for viewing pleasure. Also, notice the exhaust tip that I installed. I liked it very much when I installed it on my Beat, but on the Amaze I am in two minds whether to remove it or keep it as is. Suggestions on this will be appreciated.
Also, the numberplate series resemble the first letters of my initial and middle name.

Sorry for the long post, and a big thank you for making it till here.

Regards,
Saikishor

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231106_190850239.mv2.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231106_190809435.mv2.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_165759233.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_165815792.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_165829091.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_165845496.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_165934298.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_165954284.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_170121231.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_1700112023.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_170149107.jpg

2021 Honda Amaze Facelift : A Close Look-pxl_20231130_170304919.jpg

Last edited by saikishor : 30th November 2023 at 20:42.
saikishor is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks