Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2023, 17:46   #601

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Looks like VW has amped up production for the Tiguan. Was at VW Apple Auto Whitefield today and candy white is offered on immediate delivery.

Bangalore on road is a cool 41L. Surprisingly the upgrade package (wheels, pedals) will cost a lakh more.

Was casually browsing VW EU - the Tiguan there gets a 8 speed DSG while we get a 7 speed. Any idea why?
dot_tsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:11   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_tsi View Post
Surprisingly the upgrade package (wheels, pedals) will cost a lakh more.
Could you tell us more about the wheels and pedals in this 'upgrade package'?
Do you mean to say the wheels are bigger diameter or similar but different design?, such as the ones on the white stock clearance Exclusive Edition.
Old 20th February 2023, 15:14   #603
BHPian

Did anyone buy the accessories like the 'Sporty Pedal caps' or 'Dynamic hub caps'? My dealer is quoting 8750 and 9500 respectively for the both and seems quite exorbitant.
Old 20th February 2023, 17:50   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Did anyone buy the accessories like the 'Sporty Pedal caps' or 'Dynamic hub caps'? My dealer is quoting 8750 and 9500 respectively for the both and seems quite exorbitant.
I got both these. Have gotten used to metal pedal caps so was a must for me. Price is per VW brochure I guess, but I’m sure you can try to get a deal on them.
Old 20th February 2023, 21:54   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Try to get the sporty pedal caps from Skoda Dealership. Part number is 6JM-064-205 priced at 499₹ only. Absolutely plug and play for Tiguan, Taigun and Virtus.
MayurS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 17:15   #606
BHPian

Does anyone know if the 2.0L TSI in the Tiguan is BS6.2 compliant? I see that the Skoda Octavia that uses the same engine will be discontinued end of March but don't see anything about the Tiguan.
Old 21st February 2023, 19:08   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
Does anyone know if the 2.0L TSI in the Tiguan is BS6.2 compliant? I see that the Skoda Octavia that uses the same engine will be discontinued end of March but don't see anything about the Tiguan.
The Octavia / Superb use a different engine compared to the Tiguan / Kodiaq. The latter is RDE ready but there’s no clear indication if it’s compatible with the upcoming E20 petrol. Globally too, E10 fuel norms were implemented sometime in 2011 so not all those states are updating the drive train as it’s still compatible with E10 fuel. Also the Octavia / Superb globally comes with RDE ready 2.0 TSI engines but they are paired to an AWD set up similar to Tiguan / Kodiaq. All this sounds confusing but is the hard truth and India is trying to lead the way in flex fuel adaptation. Recently PM Modi flagged off E20 compatible Kushaq which is in fact the same car from launch day itself was already E20 compatible. E10 / E20 fuel will continue to be available simultaneously until the full implementation deadline 2025. I also think, XP95 will not be an E20 blend, will remain an E10 blend and be available normally.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 21st February 2023 at 19:17.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:38   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Do you mean to say the wheels are bigger diameter or similar but different design?, such as the ones on the white stock clearance Exclusive Edition.
Yes. Referring to the exclusive edition that is on sale. Wheels are similar with different design.

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...e-edition.html
Old 21st February 2023, 19:58   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Referring to the exclusive edition that is on sale. Wheels are similar with different design.

Oh I thought you meant they now had a different design alloy on offering as accessory etc. for standard Tiguan in some form of an upgrade package.

Quote:
Surprisingly the upgrade package (wheels, pedals) will cost a lakh more.
Well I am still confused then, if all you were referring to was the Exclusive Edition, then that should be a discounted White only clearance sale. Atleast it was lower priced bundled with SVP, First year free insurance and a small cash discount of 40-50k last I checked.
Old 22nd February 2023, 15:49   #610
BHPian

Can any senior members update if changing the shocks to Bilstein will make the ride better for the new Tiguan.Any more suggestions on modifications to improve the ride quality and driving pleasure are also welcome.
charan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:30   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The Octavia / Superb use a different engine compared to the Tiguan / Kodiaq. The latter is RDE ready but there’s no clear indication if it’s compatible with the upcoming E20 petrol. Globally too, E10 fuel norms were implemented sometime in 2011 so not all those states are updating the drive train as it’s still compatible with E10 fuel. Also the Octavia / Superb globally comes with RDE ready 2.0 TSI engines but they are paired to an AWD set up similar to Tiguan / Kodiaq.
I was at the service center recently for servicing my other VW car, chatting with some senior technical persons and they said that the 2.0 Tiguan and Kodiaq engines are e20 compatible. But a formal communication from VW is expected only after clarity from the government and official gazette notifications so might take a while. Meanwhile he did say that they are very confident that both fuels will be sold along side at-least until ten years. Another thing he said for older engines was that manufactures may come out with additives to the fuel in partnership with oil companies which would enable e10 engines to be compatible with e20 fuel. I’m not an engineer and cannot vouch for the statements but I do know they have been with vw for many years.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 23:20   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

dot_tsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 22:01   #613

It does look like a next generation Tiguan can be unveiled this year (at least in International markets). Would have design inspiration from the Volkswagen ID series.

Spy shots here (as claimed): https://www.motor1.com/news/622290/n...ied-again/amp/

Would be worth the wait I would think.
Old 27th February 2023, 01:41   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan23 View Post
Can any senior members update if changing the shocks to Bilstein will make the ride better for the new Tiguan.Any more suggestions on modifications to improve the ride quality and driving pleasure are also welcome.
Tires made a big difference, switching to Primacy 4 and 33psi was great.

You can look at KW Street Comfort series of coil overs to improve the ride quality. I've experienced this model in a few cars and it's magical. You cannot go wrong with Bilsteins either, they are proven and now both these brands are available in India.
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 12:36   #615
BHPian

Got my Tiguan-Dolphin Grey

Finally after a wait of around 35 days, got the car delivered yesterday. The delay was more on the leasing team as it was company-lease purchase. The dealer was a non-preferred dealer and some of the executives worked at a snail's pace.

The experience from the VW Palace cross has been really good, except for pushing the so-called 'Must-have' accessory pack. The delivery experience was smooth and quick. There seems to be a minor mischief w.r.t to the accessory pack. It was supposed to include a USB cable and basic bracket with a coat hanger from VW, but instead we got a charger-cum cable and Door draught deflectors. The dealer claimed the list has changed. The charger and cable was from Blaupunkt of good quality. So I let it go and gave the benefit of doubt to the dealer, but would have preferred if they shared this info earlier.

Also noticed that the MY23 Tiguans have indeed arrived and stock seems to be available. My SA told that, there is no change in the price so far, but mentioned that there are no offers which were provided earlier to the MY22 cars. So, at least this confirms that the Tiguans seems to be ready for the BS VI A norms kicking in from April 2023.

Drove about 100kms already in 24hrs with a quick dash to a temple nearby. Still in the phase of getting acquainted with all the features and size of the vehicle, so has been taking it a bit easy with the driving. But the driving experience so far has been absolutely wonderful. Loving the high driving position when compared to my Vento, not that it was uncomfortable but something different and liking it. Can't wait to try out the sports mode and a few quick acceleration bursts and those long drives. In the short drive so far reducing the tire pressure to 35 PSI made a lot of difference to the ride quality when compared with the drive from showroom to home. It was set to a whopping 48 PSI.

Couple of snaps from yesterday attached here below.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-pxl_20230318_0710535172.jpg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-pxl_20230318_0817506062.jpg  

Last edited by nagarjun : 19th March 2023 at 12:39.
nagarjun is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks