Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2024, 23:07   #811
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

I was told during the delivery of my Tiguan last week that the extended warranty document would be sent me by email from VW. I have received the SVP details on email this week, but haven’t yet received the extended warranty. How long does this typically take?

Also, does the Tiguan have telematics? Can we use any of the VW apps to access the car data, geo fence etc?
Old 18th May 2024, 23:35   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I was told during the delivery of my Tiguan last week that the extended warranty document would be sent me by email from VW. I have received the SVP details on email this week, but haven’t yet received the extended warranty. How long does this typically take?
No e-mail in my case I had to request for the PDF for both from my detailer. I also took a physical printout of the same and had the dealer stamp it.

Quote:
Also, does the Tiguan have telematics? Can we use any of the VW apps to access the car data, geo fence etc?
Yes. Get the 'My Volkswagen' app from App/Playstore.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 09:02   #813

I don’t know how but I have lost my jio dongle of my car(VW Tiguan)! Workshop people are telling me to wait as they don’t have the availability of the same.
Can I buy it from some where else?
Any suggestions ?

Last edited by HimalayanDoctor : 20th May 2024 at 09:28. Reason: Wanted to mention the name of the car
Old 23rd May 2024, 22:17   #814
BHPian

Finally brought home a Silver Tiguan today. Drove it about 5 km from the showroom to my home and can definitely say that after lots of deliberation it was the correct buying decision for us.

Got the alloys hydro dipped as the silver alloys were looking too monotonous with the silver car.

Thank you to all the BHPians who gave valuable suggestions and helped me make up my mind to get the Tiguan.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20240523_184817.jpg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20240523_184848.jpg  

cmody is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 14:06   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Hi, I have attached the images of my Tiguan Exclusive Edition car which came with the 18 inch sebring alloys as standard fitment. Please pardon the poor quality of these images as these were taken on my phone.

Attachment 2603516
Attachment 2603517
Hi! How did you manage to get these alloys? These alloys look way better than the default one's.
Old 30th May 2024, 11:14   #816

Re: Ownership review of the Tiguan Allspace – 3 years

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks for sharing. I was almost on the verge of buying this car last year but once I went through so many posts about the tiguan; I chose not to take the risk. I am happy to know that you did not face any serious issues like - noise with steering, G/b issues, O/h issues as faced by many.

I would like to know your opinion about the kodiaq, did you consider it at the time of purchase?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghis_on_road View Post
I bought the VW Tiguan Allspace in March of 2021. Since then I have clocked over 30,000 km, driving in Bangalore city as well as road trips around Bangalore. I have thoroughly enjoyed driving this car but my experience has been marred by the persistent issues that I have faced from the first day itself.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th May 2024 at 11:29. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 2nd June 2024, 07:42   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawanohari View Post
Hi! How did you manage to get these alloys? These alloys look way better than the default one's.
The alloys are the original ones that came with the car but I got them hydro dipped with the carbon fibre look and yes they do look far better than the original silver colour.
cmody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 22:13   #818

Can I activate the off-road display on my 22 Tiguan just like the kodiaq has it?
Old 4th June 2024, 09:54   #819
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership review of the Tiguan Allspace – 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Therapy View Post
[b] I was almost on the verge of buying this car last year but once I went through so many posts about the tiguan; I chose not to take the risk. I am happy to know that you did not face any serious issues like - noise with steering, G/b issues, O/h issues as faced by many.
If you are referring to Tiguan Allspace, it is proving to be a fairly reliable car. I know there were couple of owners who had some issues but most of us haven't faced any issues. I have also not heard about any EPC issues or minor issues like air vent's parts coming off like in case of Kodiaq.
Old 7th June 2024, 09:13   #820
BHPian

Friends.I have a Tiguan which has done around 29000 km on the odo.I am looking to change the tyres as well as the standard rims.what would you suggest? The Standard tyres are Hankook which came with the car.
Old 7th June 2024, 12:19   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan23 View Post
Friends.I have a Tiguan which has done around 29000 km on the odo.I am looking to change the tyres as well as the standard rims.what would you suggest? The Standard tyres are Hankook which came with the car.
For wheels, nothing comes close to OEM like BBS wheels. I think the OEMs are made by Borbet. Check if you can paint / hydro dip the current wheels. Not worth investing in new wheels unless your plan is to go for 19" wheels. For BBS wheels reach out to PJ Speedshop - 9884121584. I am not affiliated to him, just a customer.

For tyres, my Kodiaq is also due for tyre change at 45K kms. I have shortlisted these tyres:
1) Pirelli Scorpion Verde summer (w/seal inside), which has a sealant layer inside the tread part of the tyre, helps with small punctures.
2) Michelin Primacy SUV+ - you'll have to upsize to 60 profile for this tyre.
3) Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Supposedly a good tyre.
4) Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season

I personally am leaning towards option 1 for now.
Old 9th June 2024, 22:36   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
No e-mail in my case I had to request for the PDF for both from my detailer. I also took a physical printout of the same and had the dealer stamp it.

Yes. Get the 'My Volkswagen' app from App/Playstore.
Thank you, I did receive the extended warranty too on email. Got both the SVP and EW stamped and delivered to me by the sales associate during the post sales visit. These are also showing on my VW app.

However the dealership has so far not been able to enable telematics. I requested this during the 1000 km checkup but they have not been able to get it going. Said they are in touch with VW regarding this.
one-77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 13:13   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmody View Post
Finally brought home a Silver Tiguan today. Drove it about 5 km from the showroom to my home and can definitely say that after lots of deliberation it was the correct buying decision for us.
Awesome buy, congratulations! At 35L OTR, I think it is an absolute steal.
Old 12th June 2024, 13:39   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco-moto View Post
Getting home a VW Tiguan Dolphin Grey
From a Tiguan owner to a new Tiguan owner many many congratulations!
I cannot wait for you to truly see what your car can do on the twisties as I learned over the months, among other things one doesn't learn at the test drive level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco-moto View Post
Checked some used car websites and saw that this car is holding value well. Understandably so, there is no car in 30-40 L bracket which delivers luxury car value at half the price.
This is not something I had a look at when I bought mine a little over half a year ago. I'm very very pleased to hear this, thanks for sharing this data.
Old 13th June 2024, 09:12   #825
BHPian

Quote:
What finally led us to choose the Tiguan was the value (especially with the current discounts). It’s essentially the Q3 with a few more features and 20 lacs cheaper. Sure the Q3 looks nicer and has badge value, but even the “technology” variant lacks memory seats
If you’re comparing the discounted Tiguan price to the actual price of the Q3, you are comparing apples with oranges. Q3 in Delhi atleast costs around 40-45L OTR(Premium to Technology) in Delhi. So even if you compare the top model of both Tiguan and Q3, the audi is around 10L more expensive while adding ride quality, badge value, a better all wheel drive, better quality interiors, better NVH, etc.

None the less, the Tiguan is a great car too but the Q3 is only 5-10 lakhs away.
beemer5499 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks