Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2023, 01:11   #2956
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Faced a issue so sharing here :-

The rear door fails to open when the luggage/bag/ suitcase is placed in the boot and the last seat is up and the rear door is forcibly closed .

Reason being the rear door lock from the inside gets stuck as it is being pushed against the luggage . So when you unlock the rear door it dosent open.

To open pull the string from the downside of the third row seat lift it up a bit and then unlock
shubh001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 08:25   #2957
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
Dear Bangalore Bhpians,
Scorpio N owners, please suggest on couple of below queries: Apologies if the same were already answered in previous posts.
1) General feedback on Sireesh auto (near Silk board) both Sales and Service, planning to book one from Sireesh Auto Silk board. So far haven’t had experience with Mahindra.
2) How is the clutch comfort of Scorpio N for short drivers. I am at 5.6 and felt Clutch has long travel when set the seat to maximum height during the test drive. Any optimum comfort position for short drivers.
Thanks in advance!
On point 1, I have had an excellent experience with AnantCars Bannerghatta Road. Ask for Makesh there and quote my reference. I have been in touch with him for over 18 months and was contemplating between Thar, XUV 700 and Scorpio N and have taken multiple test drives (lost track of how many) and finally booked the Scorpio N Z8L D AT 2 weeks ago and got delivery this Friday. He has been very patient and professional and never once pushed for a sale till I was very sure of what I required.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 09:09   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
Being the Z8 manual 4wd alloy wheels were not provided as standard, i searched for aftermarket options in 18 inch direct fit alloys. Found just about four options in direct fit alloys, opted for the multi spoke alloys from stallion racing and yokohama geolanders in 265/60/r18 which were a perfect fit requiring no modifications to the wheel well.
Congrats on your awesome looking ride. Mine's a black Z4 D AT, and I have been looking for alloys as well. I have one question about your alloys though. How much does it stick out of the body? Could you please post a pic showing this?

I love the Silver shade. It looks amazing on all variants. I had seen it on a couple of Z4 models here, but not on the Z8. Niiice...
vivekgk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 14:08   #2959
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone installed dash-cam in their ScorpioN?

I got one for myself and normally all videos show that the wire should be tucked in the roof followed by the side pillar and then below the steering to the USB point.

The side pillar in Scorpio has an airbag and I am not sure whether I should be tucking in the wire there or not.

Also, the wire itself is not going in over there and I don't want to apply too much pressure cos of the airbag.

Any inputs?
Old 6th August 2023, 15:35   #2960
BHPian

It has been over two months since the scorpioN came home and its running niggle free until now. In the mean time I have have added some accessories to enhance the overall experience and want to share them with all, so here is the list of all the additions to the Z6 D AT variant.

1. 17 inch oe alloys- Got this fitted at the dealership itself before the delivery. They do not look undersized and also differentiates the vehicle in a sea of 18-incher scorpioNs.

2. Anti-skid dash mat set- Found this useful as the mats for bottle holders prevents the bottles from rattling against the otherwise hard plastics and the mat for the phone cubby also looks cool.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230806-2.48.24-pm1.jpeg

3. Philips Ultinon Pro 9000 Led bulbs- Installed these for the low beams as I didn't want to go for those Chinese 100+ watts leds that blind the oncoming traffic. These are a sensible option for the reflector setup in the Z6 and are performing nicely.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230806-2.48.24-pm3.jpeg

4. Vanity Mirror- Clipped this on the passenger side sun visor as all our past cars had a mirror. This feels like unnecessary cost cutting by Mahindra and shouldn't have been skipped.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230806-2.48.25-pm.jpeg

5. Door edge Guards - It was quite difficult to find guards that blend in with sleek black finish but finally found these at Mr DIY and they look great in my opinion.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230806-2.48.25-pm1.jpeg

6. Mud Flaps - Got them installed after the first service and are essential for the vehicle. Without these all the mud and grime is thrown on the foot step and is pain to clean. On a side note, the dealership installed the flaps with only 50% of the screws and locks that come with along them, this just show the lack of work ethic and the unwillingness to go by the book.

7. GFX floor mats - Again went for these as I didn't wanted those bulky 7d mats which everyone was suggesting. These look oe and fit well, the only downside is that the black colour shows a lot of dirt and have to be cleaned frequently.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20230806-2.48.24-pm.jpeg

8. Washing and care- I have been washing the car myself with the help of a pressure washer and using the two-bucket methods for agitation, the black paint seems happy with it. For protection I'm using turtle wax's Seal n Shine and its performing well.

Hope this helps!
Sumanyu17 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 15:44   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Congrats on your awesome looking ride. Mine's a black Z4 D AT, and I have been looking for alloys as well. I have one question about your alloys though. How much does it stick out of the body? Could you please post a pic showing this?

I love the Silver shade. It looks amazing on all variants. I had seen it on a couple of Z4 models here, but not on the Z8. Niiice...
Black is the one shade i would have loved to get, just got scared of the real estate i would have had to maintain.
Sharing the pics of the alloys along the body line as requested.
The car is not perfectly level so it will give you a better idea of how much they actually stick out in various situations.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img0283.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img0284.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img0285.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img0286.jpg  

superboy44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 16:50   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
Black is the one shade i would have loved to get, just got scared of the real estate i would have had to maintain.
Sharing the pics of the alloys along the body line as requested.
The car is not perfectly level so it will give you a better idea of how much they actually stick out in various situations.
Thank you...

Love the stance. These are outside the body line, but not as much as some other's I've seen. Thanks again for taking the pics. The shade suits the vehicle and gives it massive presence. The lighter shades also bring out the black contrast colored parts very well, and show off the shoulder line.

You're right, the black is a bit of a pain to maintain, Looks awesome when it's cleaned though..

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-rt-side.jpg
vivekgk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 11:35   #2963

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
On point 1, I have had an excellent experience with AnantCars Bannerghatta Road. Ask for Makesh there and quote my reference. I have been in touch with him for over 18 months and was contemplating between Thar, XUV 700 and Scorpio N and have taken multiple test drives (lost track of how many) and finally booked the Scorpio N Z8L D AT 2 weeks ago and got delivery this Friday. He has been very patient and professional and never once pushed for a sale till I was very sure of what I required.
Thanks, adu! btw, what is the current ballpark waiting period for Scorpio N Z8 and Z6 D MT models. Any idea! The SA i spoke to whom said that Z8 D MT can be delivered in max 4 to 6 months' time. Trying to understand if there is an improvement in delivery timelines or not.
Old 7th August 2023, 12:50   #2964
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, adu! btw, what is the current ballpark waiting period for Scorpio N Z8 and Z6 D MT models. Any idea! The SA i spoke to whom said that Z8 D MT can be delivered in max 4 to 6 months' time. Trying to understand if there is an improvement in delivery timelines or not.
At least 10-12 weeks. I had initially booked my Z8L D AT Forest Green which was committed for delivery by Makesh by end of August and then decided on Everest White and there was one which had dispatched from Chakan and he was willing to allocate that to me and hence got delivery within 2 weeks.

Have a word with Makesh and check. He will not commit on a delivery date unless he can manage it.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation or any stake in AnantCars and only recommending basis my excellent experience. Rarely do you come across someone like Makesh who was a pleasure to interact with

Last edited by adu : 7th August 2023 at 12:53. Reason: Typo
adu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 16:52   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
I got my Deep Forest Z8 4WD AT in 2 week at India Garage. Booked on 19th June, PDI on 26th June 2023 and Delivery on 08th Jul 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Hi,

Has anyone installed dash-cam in their ScorpioN?

I got one for myself and normally all videos show that the wire should be tucked in the roof followed by the side pillar and then below the steering to the USB point.

The side pillar in Scorpio has an airbag and I am not sure whether I should be tucking in the wire there or not.

Also, the wire itself is not going in over there and I don't want to apply too much pressure cos of the airbag.

Any inputs?
I routed the wire thru the Floor. Remove the the Weather Beading on the door and you can push the wires down the A pillar down to the footboard of the Front door, then the back door and then you can take it into the third row trim on the driver side if you want to mount the camera on the exterior near the Registration Plate.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th August 2023 at 14:34. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
SanScorpio is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 14:31   #2966
BHPian

Some quick observations after a recent road trip.

1. Apple CarPlay: Either the implementation on this vehicle is terrible or my phone is too old (Suspect the former). The phone heats up a lot, stops charging, slows down and either hangs or gets disconnected from CarPlay after 1.5-2 hours.
How has the experience of other iPhone users been?

2. Both Rear and Front cameras get muddied easily and have to be wiped down often especially in our rainy/muddy season.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 15:57   #2967

Hello Team,

I got the latest software update for my Scorpio-N Z8L and was happy to see that the camera lag is gone.

How do you feel about the new navigation (mappls)?
While it is able to locate places much better than the old one, I feel the UI doesn't suit the small display of Scorpio-N and the direction callouts block a major portion of the navigation.

Additionally, the voice prompts are very frequent and redundant.

Not sure if there are settings to improve the interface for small screens. Let me know if you have played around with the settings.
Old 9th August 2023, 22:41   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophius View Post
Hello Team,

How do you feel about the new navigation (mappls)?
While it is able to locate places much better than the old one, I feel the UI doesn't suit the small display of Scorpio-N and the direction callouts block a major portion of the navigation.

Additionally, the voice prompts are very frequent and redundant.

Not sure if there are settings to improve the interface for small screens. Let me know if you have played around with the settings.
It has Lags, especially when you click 3D setting in display it defaults back to 2D mode.

Additionally I would have preferred if Speed Limit in regards to respective Road was displayed in dashboard instead of head unit. Also, Navigation in Dashboard is no longer same as it use to be earlier.
Old 10th August 2023, 08:35   #2969

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
It has Lags, especially when you click 3D setting in display it defaults back to 2D mode.
I would need to check that; however, the 3D view is there to assist with junctions and flyovers, so it should be normal. Unless you are suggesting that the junction view setting in your Scorpio-N turns off automatically?

Here is the screenshot of new navigation screen for those who are yet to receive the new software update.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20230810081634.jpg  

Mophius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 12:25   #2970

Mod Note : Please do not use bold fonts unless absolutely necessary.
Thanks.

I went on a 1200km road trip on my Scorpio N AT 4*4 with my family and I noticed some niggles too:

1: The top gear(6th) of the vehicle engages at 93 to 96 kmph and downshifts to 5th gear at 87 to 90 km/ph but the maximum speed limit on the most highways are 90 km/ph and most highways in northern India has speed cameras. So, I think this effects the fuel consumption and a good chance of getting a speeding ticket too.

2. The fuel tank is small as per the size of the vehicle.

3. Headlights are also not that bright on high beam. You can not see a truck or anything parked that is parked on the side of the road at a distance in the dark. This is a major flaw as per me and the company should look into this.

4. Infotainment system had some flaws but it is almost fixed at the 10000km service as the system has been updated and navigation app has been changed from MapMyIndia to Mappls which is better. But some niggles remain like sometimes reverse camera does not appear on full screen instead it appears on the left bottom corner in small icon.

Other then that car is quite solid as per the price. Drives pretty good on the highway. I have not gotten the chance to go off-road yet.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2023 at 12:40. Reason: Mod note attached.
grewalsecret is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks