Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2023, 11:02   #2941
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Hello Folks, I have a Z4 AT DL bought in Jan 2023. It has done 12000 kms. I have added Rogerab suspension buffers to all four springs. The vertical movement has reduced a lot and the ride is more settled.

Last edited by keeprevving : 28th July 2023 at 11:04.
keeprevving is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 11:14   #2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
My engine temperature is consistently higher than the half way mark since Day one. Do other owners also see similar readings on their vehicles?
I also have observed the same in my Diesel AT, but it remains constant at that level. Got it checked in the service centre also but they told it's normal. So nothing to worry 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
Dear Bangalore Bhpians,
Scorpio N owners, please suggest on couple of below queries: Apologies if the same were already answered in previous posts.
1) General feedback on Sireesh auto (near Silk board) both Sales and Service, planning to book one from Sireesh Auto Silk board. So far haven’t had experience with Mahindra.
2) How is the clutch comfort of Scorpio N for short drivers. I am at 5.6 and felt Clutch has long travel when set the seat to maximum height during the test drive. Any optimum comfort position for short drivers.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, the clutch in the manual is abit long and not comfortable in the traffic (especially Bangalore traffic). The reason is that it's an SUV and that's expected. My suggestion is to go with automatic transmission and you will love to drive even in a terrific traffic conditions. I have Z8L AT and it's smooth and comfortable.
Regarding your first point most showrooms in Bangalore are good. I booked my ScorpioN from Anant cars, Bannerghatta road and had a good overall experience. You may try visiting them if you have time.
Happy riding!

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2023 at 11:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Mustang17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 02:41   #2943
BHPian

Hello folks! Wanted to ask a quick question pertaining to the gear lever AT/MT.

1. I feel the gear shift in MT is too resistive. I do not mean the long throw, rather it feels during shifting that it is not going into the desired gear slot properly and I need to force the lever into it. The clutch is fully depressed and I’m mostly going up or down by one gear. In the past I have driven Alto k10, Alto, Baleno hatchback. In those vehicles the gears were pretty sorted, not very smooth but easy to shift. The scorpio N shifts feels almost a decade old. Sometimes I need to force it into the slots. At first I thought maybe since its an SUV so due to different ratios and bigger gears the actuation/shifting force required might be different. But lo and behold, one day I test drove an XUV700 and the gear lever was tiny and slotted really good with quick and short throws.

2. Even in the AT, the shift from D to P or vice versa was quite a resistance despite the brake pedal fully depressed. I have never driven an AT before so cannot compare.

I love feedback from the vehicle, but I have no reference point whether this is how it should be. Is this the same on other scorpio N’s too? Or is there something wrong with my vehicle?
Old 30th July 2023, 10:09   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
I’ve borrowed a friend’s Z6 MT several times. The gear shift is super soft and my friend has almost convinced me not to go for the AT. In fact one of his first observations after buying the car was that the gear shift makes you forget you are driving a big SUV.
I also felt the test drive AT’s shift a little hard, but it was like any other older generation AT I had driven earlier so didn’t give it much of a thought. A few days before I had test driven a Kushaq 1.5 AT and there was a huge difference, but I put down the Scorpio’s AT to being that on a much bigger SUV. Maybe I’ll take a relook if I can get my hands on some newer car of the same size to compare.
rajesh2812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 16:19   #2945

Quote:

1. I feel the gear shift in MT is too resistive. I do not mean the long throw, rather it feels during shifting that it is not going into the desired gear slot properly and I need to force the lever into it. The clutch is fully depressed and I’m mostly going up or down by one gear. In the past I have driven Alto k10, Alto, Baleno hatchback. In those vehicles the gears were pretty sorted, not very smooth but easy to shift. The scorpio N shifts feels almost a decade old. Sometimes I need to force it into the slots. At first I thought maybe since its an SUV so due to different ratios and bigger gears the actuation/shifting force required might be different. But lo and behold, one day I test drove an XUV700 and the gear lever was tiny and slotted really good with quick and short throws.
I have done only 600kms with the vehicle so my experience may not be that relevant to your query but I do find gearshift smooth similar to any hatchback. Both clutch and gearshift has long play but both are super smooth till now for me. I did couple of lengthy test drive and Gearshift was one of the reason I didn't went for AT.
ghtg1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 20:29   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
I’ve borrowed a friend’s Z6 MT several times. The gear shift is super soft and my friend has almost convinced me not to go for the AT. In fact one of his first observations after buying the car was that the gear shift makes you forget you are driving a big SUV.
Maybe I’ll take a relook if I can get my hands on some newer car of the same size to compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtg1 View Post
I have done only 600kms with the vehicle so my experience may not be that relevant to your query but I do find gearshift smooth similar to any hatchback. Both clutch and gearshift has long play but both are super smooth till now for me. I did couple of lengthy test drive and Gearshift was one of the reason I didn't went for AT.
Thank you for the prompt reply. It seems that this might be an issue pertaining to my vehicle alone. Shall get it checked in due time. Will also try out few other MTs in the workshop/showroom to verify.
Old 31st July 2023, 13:19   #2947
BHPian

Quote:

Have a Petrol Manual driven 1000kms, not experienced any such issue, gears are quite smooth to slot.
Just for reference our other vehicle is Ignis, scorpio gears are almost as smooth as Ignis, infact my sister did try driving the Scorpio apart from the long clutch travel she didnt have any other issues.
Just ask the Service center guys to check, hopefully some lubrication should help

Last edited by Gaur : 31st July 2023 at 13:24.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:35   #2948
BHPian

Quote:

1. I feel the gear shift in MT is too resistive.
I was telling my younger brother the same thing few days back. I found that our Alto 800 gear slot-in much smoother than our N. May be it is because I had been parking it for the last 2 months. Now thinking about it, it was very smooth earlier, similar to the Alto's.
NT_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 12:39   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the prompt reply. It seems that this might be an issue pertaining to my vehicle alone. Shall get it checked in due time. Will also try out few other MTs in the workshop/showroom to verify.
The diesel manual gear shifts do not fall into the slots as easily as many other cars. In my case, my other car is Vento TDI manual & in SN it is much more difficult to put the gear in a desired slot when compared to Vento. Initially I found it very irritating but after using the car for 3000kms, I feel it is getting better with usage. The clutch travel is long but it is very very light.
DheerajNK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 13:08   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
The diesel manual gear shifts do not fall into the slots as easily as many other cars. In my case, my other car is Vento TDI manual & in SN it is much more difficult to put the gear in a desired slot when compared to Vento. Initially I found it very irritating but after using the car for 3000kms, I feel it is getting better with usage. The clutch travel is long but it is very very light.
Exactly my opinion. Especially the 2nd to 3rd and vice versa. It feels that I have to force it into the slot, but there's no sound indicating any mechanical parts grinding. Experience is something similar to a bad synchronizer without the grinding noise. Any idea why it would be so with diesel engines only? Once the clutch is fully depressed, the gearbox is independent of the kind of drive.
Old 2nd August 2023, 14:53   #2951
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Got my stock MRFs swapped by Geolandars in 265/60R18.
Suspension has become a bit softer but not much else as only driven 5km after the swap.

No touching anywhere lock-to-lock. Looking forward to some real action now.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7138.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7141.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7142.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7139.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7149.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7148.jpeg
vredesbyrd is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 15:49   #2952
BHPian

The wait is finally over, we had booked the scorpio n on day 1 itself and managed to get into the introductory pricing lot but still it took almost a year for our car to be delivered.
I was actually in no hurry, in this wait mahindra actually managed to make some improvements over the initial batch.
Our's is a Z8 4wd MT variant finished in dazzling silver, a shade that's quite elusive on the scorpio n.
In about two weeks i have done about 2300kms and its been a very comfortable cruiser and feels robust. Though being a mahindra with a sketchy past in regards to the sensors, battery warning symbol came up in the console which was traced to a faulty battery management sensor.
There was no issue in driving the car but still its a bother.
On a positive note the after sales support has been truly exceptional, the service center ordered the part and in the meanwhile upon my request arranged for the sensor for the time being from their dealership vehicle as i had to travel out of station. Kudos to the service manager and his team for being exceedingly accommodating.
Being the Z8 manual 4wd alloy wheels were not provided as standard, i searched for aftermarket options in 18 inch direct fit alloys. Found just about four options in direct fit alloys, opted for the multi spoke alloys from stallion racing and yokohama geolanders in 265/60/r18 which were a perfect fit requiring no modifications to the wheel well.
I searched the market for mats for the scorpio n, there's a flood of 7d mats out there. I personally dont like the look of the 7d mats, so gave them a miss.
GFX mats too did not offer the precise fit to my liking. Finally opted for 3m nomad mats in black which work well, look acceptable and most of all fit well.
Will keep you posted as it covers more ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img0251.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img0253.jpg  

superboy44 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 10:11   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my opinion. Especially the 2nd to 3rd and vice versa. It feels that I have to force it into the slot, but there's no sound indicating any mechanical parts grinding. Experience is something similar to a bad synchronizer without the grinding noise. Any idea why it would be so with diesel engines only? Once the clutch is fully depressed, the gearbox is independent of the kind of drive.
I think it is because of the way the gear shifter cables are set up. I might be wrong but may be there is some scope for improvement. Like I said before, it is getting better with the usage it but I don't think it will ever reach the VW levels.
DheerajNK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 03:31   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
Being the Z8 manual 4wd alloy wheels were not provided as standard, i searched for aftermarket options in 18 inch direct fit alloys. Found just about four options in direct fit alloys, opted for the multi spoke alloys from stallion racing
Congratulations on your ride! Even I had booked the z8 MT 4x4 on day 1 in Rage Red. However, due to requiring faster delivery, had upgraded to the z8L MT 4x4 albeit in Everest White. Won’t lie, the colour has started to grow on me. Looks more pristine and soothing than the hot headed punked out Rage Red. Your alloys look interesting. Is that from Mahindra? The badging sure looks like it in the pictures. Where did you procure them? I do not wish to upgrade from my stock tyres as heavy off road usage is sparse.

Last edited by sand-dune96 : 5th August 2023 at 03:32. Reason: Spelling Errors
sand-dune96 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 18:57   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your ride! Even I had booked the z8 MT 4x4 on day 1 in Rage Red. However, due to requiring faster delivery, had upgraded to the z8L MT 4x4 albeit in Everest White. Won’t lie, the colour has started to grow on me. Looks more pristine and soothing than the hot headed punked out Rage Red. Your alloys look interesting. Is that from Mahindra? The badging sure looks like it in the pictures. Where did you procure them? I do not wish to upgrade from my stock tyres as heavy off road usage is sparse.
Congratulations to you as well. We did juggle between white and silver but decided on silver, though red does look imposing on the scorpio n. Even i was offered the upgradation express ticket to a faster delivery but i resisted the offer, probably the reason they made me wait an entire year almost.
The alloys were sourced from an aftermarket alloys dealer in ludhiana who provided these hubcaps as well with the latest mahindra logo which definitely complements the overall look.
Tried sourcing the original 18 inch alloys but the pricing on those was a bit much and i was personally inclined to the stance achieved with these aftermarket alloys and AT tyres.
I wanted the combo to be parallel or ever so slightly outside the fender line.
superboy44 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks