Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2023, 21:18   #3106
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Toyota DEF is available for 500 for a 5L pack. Why would you want to get this 10L for 1700?
Please read my post, again.
Old 3rd November 2023, 21:58   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Would like to know:
1. Is it okay to get third party DEF?
While I understand how tempting Halo can be, please do not get the DEF topped up outside the ASS. This gives them even more a chance to void the warranty claims if something goes wrong considering your car is still under warranty. The peace you get while playing Halo may not last long if that happens. IIRC Toyota sells DEF cans separately and thus owners carry it on the go. You can check if Mahindra ASS also offers and sells DEF separately.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 22:01   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Please do not get the DEF topped up outside the ASS.
Thanks. Just read a post few minutes ago that filling DEF from outside is causing DPF issues. Better go to the service center itself.

Will go next week because the trip starts on 18th.
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 22:05   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Thanks. Just read a post few minutes ago that filling DEF from outside is causing DPF issues. Better go to the service center itself.

Will go next week because the trip starts on 18th.
Absolutely the right way. Although it reminds me of another particular instance where BHPian had filled the DEF in ASS and still had the error (Mahindra XUV700 Review).

Guess now you are again in the dilemma to choose between Halo or visiting ASS.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 22:12   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Guess now you are again in the dilemma to choose between Halo or visiting ASS.
Well, already started Halo CE campaign with a friend. Will follow through tomorrow.
Will visit ASS on 11th.

DEF level still at 62% so 100-200km won't be such a big deal, I suppose. Just wish I had regen on the move like the Hilux.

Both are important and have to be done
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 02:11   #3111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Enthusiast View Post
Hi Folks, is there anyone facing issues while renewing Adrenox?Made the payment and its more than 48 hours but the status remains the same. Had picked this issue on WYH, they say it takes 24 hours to update but as always Mahindra loves their customers to keep following for all issues.

I have a D Z8L AT 2 WD , the adrenox stopped post 12 months and I renewed it and it worked right away within 2 mins.

Last edited by revv_maniac : 4th November 2023 at 02:12. Reason: Spelling
revv_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 09:17   #3112
BHPian

Got Recall for Service Actions in my Scorpio-N for Prop Shaft Bolts replacement, transmission wire tie and SW update and thus, whole Saturday was wasted! Perks for purchasing a newly launched M&M vehicle.
Old 5th November 2023, 16:00   #3113
BHPian

I managed to get the delivery of a Z8 AT D, though it was a 2 step process. On Dussehra, we completed the puja and other formalities while the RTO registration took an additional 2 days. The dealership SM kept his commitment and delivered the vehicle on the requested date.

From the dealership, I bought the following accessories:
1. Mud flaps - It was suggested by an external accessory agency that I should purchase these from the dealership itself as after market mud flaps would not fit properly.
2. Front parking sensors - I think these are very much needed as I was moving from a sedan to an SUV. These help while parking.

For the abovementioned accessories, I paid Rs. 5.5K. I know this I could have them got at half the price outside.

I was looking for scuff plates and bumper corner protection. So later, I purchased them separately from the dealership as I wasn’t able to find them at any local shop in Pune. Though this time, I manage to get them at a better price (Rs. 2K for both), it was still costlier than aftermarket rates.

Still on my list are sports pedals, sunfilm and rain visors. I might possibly go for a bumper guard.

I was in a dilemma about PPF and ceramic coating. As I understand, 90-95% people are going for PPF for known reasons, but I came across some YouTube videos where I've seen some high end vehicles' paint coming off while removing the film and the cost to re-apply the PPF is high. This is my reason for going with 3M Ceramic which cost me Rs. 26K. I took a 2 year package and got a 3M rodent repellent coating done in the bonnet area.

As usual, cleaning a black Scorpio-N is a challenge and I am still exploring how to manage it because the regular car washer uses his standard protocol of cleaning cars in our apartment. For the next 4-5 days I was told not to wash the vehicle as it takes time for ceramic coat to settle.

We yet to plan long trips, but our whole family is enjoying daily rides in it with its high seating position which is a different experience for us as we shifted from a sedan to an SUV.

Lastly, I have plans to add a woofer & amplifier which I have retained from my previous vehicle, but that is not on the priority list as I want to experience the stock system.

Few clicks attached of our black beast …!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_9056_original.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_9057_original.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 7th November 2023 at 06:13. Reason: Grammar, punctuation
kumar7 is offline   (14) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th November 2023, 21:56   #3114
BHPian

This week, I got update for the ‘Mahindra for you’ app with statements like added features and etc. Mahindra removed a very important feature to capture fuel data. I was documenting my fuel spend and watching my mileage till date. Suddenly that data is gone. Very bad on you Mahindra. Seems Mahindra do not want people to know that what mileage they are getting on the vehicle.
Old 6th November 2023, 22:15   #3115

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindtayal View Post
This week, I got update for the ‘Mahindra for you’ app with statements like added features and etc. Mahindra removed a very important feature to capture fuel data.
It is still there but not with the main menu. Just scroll down the home page of the app.
Old 6th November 2023, 23:12   #3116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyaym View Post
It is still there but not with the main menu. Just scroll down the home page of the app.
There is nothing to scroll down. I tried all options possible
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7857.png  

Old 7th November 2023, 06:48   #3117

Attachment 2527585
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindtayal View Post
There is nothing to scroll down. I tried all options possible
From the top left drop-down menu select your right Scorpio-N not the invoiced one. If you do not have your registered owned Scorpio-N in that list then add that or ask the dealership to add it. For a reference, after the app update I have the following options:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_0300.jpeg  

Old 7th November 2023, 11:28   #3118
BHPian

A popular youtuber did a Mumbai to London road trip in his Scorpio N recently. he drove more than 20K+ on that trip for 3 months I guess.

He used to get DEF topped up in his car on the highway in Europe. I don't recall him facing any problems during his whole trip because of that.

I had asked this question during my first service and the service guy didn't say that I only use Mahindra DEF.
Old 7th November 2023, 16:26   #3119
BHPian

Issue with TPMS settings

I have a Scorpio N Z8L 4x4 and I usually keep the tyre pressure a bit low at 28 psi or at the maximum 30 psi for all four wheels and I have been keeping the same pressure in all my vehicles for more than 10 years including my previous Ford Endeavour 3.2. That is because I travel alone most often and so prefer a comfortable ride to increased fuel consumption.

In Scorpio N, the TPMS starts warning if the tyre pressure is below 32-33 psi. I have contacted the ASS and they say its a default setting and cannot be recalibrated. So now I have started driving ignoring these warning alerts but is still a constant irritant .

Has anyone found a way around this issue and if so please enlighten me.

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 7th November 2023 at 16:35.
Old 7th November 2023, 17:04   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issue with TPMS settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I have a Scorpio N Z8L 4x4 and I usually keep the tyre pressure a bit low at 28 psi or at the maximum 30 psi for all four wheels and I have been keeping the same pressure in all my vehicles for more than 10 years including my previous Ford Endeavour 3.2. That is because I travel alone most often and so prefer a comfortable ride to increased fuel consumption.

In Scorpio N, the TPMS starts warning if the tyre pressure is below 32-33 psi. I have contacted the ASS and they say its a default setting and cannot be recalibrated. So now I have started driving ignoring these warning alerts but is still a constant irritant .

Has anyone found a way around this issue and if so please enlighten me.
I would say to follow the recommended tyre pressure. Overinflated tyres will cause a bumpier ride but under inflating the tyres isn’t going to be more comfortable than driving at the right pressure. It will however increase the chances of a tyre burst and uneven wear. The only way to making a car more comfortable is changing suspension components.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks